/fg/ - Falcom General #10

Cold Steel 3 Edition

Previous Thread: >A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- New CS3 scans: twitter.com/Gu4n/status/877415040466337793

- Falcom currently planning a new game and remake for the Ys series. Kondo would also like to do more with Falcom Gakuen

- Trails in the Sky the 3rd finally out for PC on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store

- Trails of Cold Steel I & II confirmed for a PC release, first game will be released on Summer

- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive, details such as the story and some new characters have been announced, such as Tita, Agate, Tio and Randy confirmed

>Other not-so-new news

- Check out the content of the last Tits FC & SC updates, specially the translation improvements ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization )

- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, will be released for Vita on June 30th, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, although Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind ( gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind ) (end of the 9th paragraph)

Pastebin: pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/6Rha8DVy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Elie

The fuck is this? The guide didn't mention anything about a choice in this moment.

It's because you carried forward deep bonds with more than one character.

Oh wait, i just realized what it is. Since my save has all 3 combo crafts upgraded, i get to choose who i had my last event with in the 16F of the IBC building.

So basically, you get to choose.

her breasts are too big

More for me to Elie

Rixia's are even bigger.

Finished Zero just earlier. I was hesitant to play the rough fan translation at first, but even so I ended up enjoying the game a lot. The auction and the entire last chapter minus the final dungeon were the best/most hype parts of the game. Randy best bro, KeA best daughteru. Also thanks to the pastebin user for sharing the save file, Elie's bonding scene was cute.

Calvard when?

>ridiculously over the top animation
>does no damage because of earth guard
Legitimately feels like cheating

>Wazy deliberately picks the most androgynous swimsuit

This has to stop

To be fair, sometimes it's necessary since otherwise you wouldn't survive it even with defense buffs. If there was some way to cancel it, then it could be skipped.

Since you're at that part, you already went past the trade conference right? What did you think of all the murder.

Finished the battle on full health, after I started using Grail Sphere/Earth Wall after the second Sept-crisis I took literally no damage. Feels silly.

fun fact, it ignores max guard in the evo version

turns the fight into "stack defenses or die" but also makes it into an actual fight

When Cold Steel pc? July 3rd? July 10th? July 20th? July 31st?

There's no date yet.

I'd prefer that really, made the fight really anti-climactic

>Day dream too hard on the near kiss in front of Noel

Poor Lloyd really wanted some.

Also reminder, there's a perfect clear save in the Zero pastebin guide, and the system save in case you want it.

pastebin.com/6Rha8DVy

>want to start Zero
>still not done with the 3rd
The backstories and all the sidestories are nice but the dungeons are such a bore.

Why does Kevin look so chubby in Ao?

Well I knew it was coming so there was no surprise for me. I was honestly expecting worse, from the way people talk about it.

Beacuse he's the Thousand Hams Hunter

>I was honestly expecting way worse.

Of course you were Shirley, of course you were. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What the fuck is her problem? And what would she do if Randolph gave her a headpat?

Some of them are better than others

It came out a week ago m8 where have you been?

Genuinely a little disappointed she didn't murder that guy right in front of him.

I'm more annoyed with the lack of his little fang

Since Sen III will probably not have carry over data due to jumping to the PS4, i wonder if at the start they'll let you choose whose person you did the last event with in Cold steel 2 like in Ao.

Old class 7 will only be back for 1 chapter until fucking off again. They've had their spotlight in 1 and 2. There's too many new and returning characters.

Is Oliviers request to Schera mentioned in any of the other games?

Made me look faggot

Not specifically that, but he does mention her by name in Ao, disappointed that she's not in Crossbell.

Hopefully we'll get an answer in CS3 then.

They only need cameo status, each of them is busy with their own shit.

>the game CANNOT be long

Why?

If you honestly think that, you may be delusional.

>They've had their spotlight
And some of them are in dire need of development, attention, and relevance in plot cause they didn't get their time to shine in the narrative.

Is there anyone who can even remotely contain our boy Mayor Dalmore?

- embezzles money for fucking years and gets away with it scot free because of 'muh mind control'
- loyal servants, butlers and chamberlains
- kind and compassionate towards the innocent orphans, offering them his own private resort
- a financial genius who travels the globe making business deals
- loving and caring pet owner, raised them all by himself
- pureblooded noble and scion of the auld order
- always eager to help bracers with their problems with the punks in town
- always eager to feed bracers to his pets
- has secret controls to the ruan bridge in his house which he uses to fuck with the retarded dock workers
- allowed himself to be captured in order to expose the crimes of superior nippon steel
- expeditiously and efficiently recovers priceless artifacts stolen from his manse

>Laura gets a divine knight
>Gaius becomes a dominion
>Fie faces off against Shirley and the Red Constellation
>Alisa is the main love interest
Anything I missed?

>When Lloyd and Elie meet there's the awkward atmosphere between the two of them and everyone notices

I alread y finished TiTS FC, and I want to buy SC, but I want to know some things about the game.

Is it as linear as FC? I didn't like how restricted and linear that game was, even if it made sense storywise. I wanted to be able to go back to wherever, but the gates locking you was annoying. How much transfers from the first game?

What? How does old class 7 getting more screen time correlates to the game's length? The game will be long with or without them.

Just look at how many characters there currently are. And I can bet that there'll be even more characters that weren't revealed yet as to surprise the players. The 3rd had a lot of characters as well, but that was mostly lore building and giving each character some kind of sidestory/backstory with the doors. I can also imagine them just being sidelined if they stick with you for the most game like in previous games where the characters you choose to go with you barely talking and stuff.

>he really thinks none of class VII will be involved in the final dungeon

user, they aren't dropping the guys they kept around for 2 games, not a single trails game has done that as long as the game is on the same region.
Plus, they did state that this is the biggest trails game ever so far, so expect to see them sticking around, even if it seems unlikely to you.

>What? How does old class 7 getting more screen time correlates to the game's length? The game will be long with or without them.

More characters with screen time is more longer game

But apparently, the old class VII cannot be with screen time longer than a single chapter because... because?

Because?

Surely you can explain why the game cannot be longer.

So how many announced characters are there in CS3 at the moment? Playable and non-playable ones.

Playable ones
>Rean
>Kurt
>Yuuna
>Altina
>Musse(?)
>Ash
>Aurelia(?)
>Towa
>Alisa
>Machias
>Jusis
>Fie
>Laura
>Gaius
>Millium
>Emma
>Fuccboi (forgot his name)
>Tita
>Olivier
>Agate
>Fast arts guy
>Sara
>Claire
>Rean's sister
>The princess

There's zero indication that Aurelia, Towa, Tita, Olivier, Fast Arts Guy, Claire, Sara, Elise, or the princess are playable at all.

>all those playable characters
I really hate it when RPGs give you a fuckhuge big roster and then 2 or 3 slots to fill.

Emma with her clan shit, Machias becomes a politician and Elliot becomes a famous musician.

The OP was nice. Seems like we'll know what the fuck was up with that demon summoning bell.

Also Randy had a sweet ass looking gun lance. Although, i believe in Zero, Mirielle stated that Randy refused to do training with rifles and only used the Halberds. Randy even bragged a bit to her saying "want me to show you the moves that are faster than a bullet?".

Why do you keep typing like this, user?

Do you really want that much attention?

Just get a trip.

I'll be able to filter you then.

We're going to get Rean + old class VII and new class VII. Everyone else will be one off npcs or not playable.

Half of these are just plain assumptions or where playable in a past game. The only confirmed ones are Rean, Juna, Kirt, Musse, Ash, Agate, Fie, Elliot, Laura, Agate and Tio.

>20+ playable characters
Just end it all. I can already imagine the grand finale of the series having like 30-40 characters to choose from for the final dungeon and only having 3 slots. I fucking hate big rosters because then the characters do fuck all most of the time. They barely even talk when you choose them.

Where has there been evidence of Tio being playable? I haven't seen it.

Most of those haven't even been shown to be playable.. Don't just believe everything you see.

>So how many announced characters are there in CS3 at the moment? Playable and non-playable ones.
>Playable and non-playable ones
>Playable and non-playable ones.
>Playable and non-playable ones
> non-playable ones

If I include the Ouroboros and Red Constellation guys and the NPCs from the artbook, will there also be people saying that there's nothing indicating that they'll be playable? I bet so!

-Mcburn
-Campanella
-Innes, Ennea, Duvaile
-Arianrhod
-Shirley
-Assorted Crossbell NPCs
-Infiltrators from the leak

Musse and Ash are not class VII and they are playable.

They're in a ton of group shots with them that Musee and Ash might as well be a part of new class VII.

Now I feel sad that its over, looking forward to Cold Steel releasing on PC

it's weebshit, don't bother even pirating it

Fuck off retard

This entire series is weebshit. What are you even here for if you don't like it

Play Zero the CS1.

and here come the weebs to defend it. like clockwork

You could just say that you can't explain why the legacy Class VII can't have more screentime than a single chapter.

It's not like you'll fail university and drop out because you were wrong.

Why are you guys giving him replies?

Man, I hope that 3rd does a lot of for Kevin. I just started Chapter 6 in SC and he's kind of just there so far.

I wasn't even the same user. I just keep seeing your posts because you post like that.

It does lots for Kevin, turns him from the worst party member (SC until one of the final scenes of SC) to one of the best

worry not

Are you talking about stats wise or role wise? Cause Grail Sphere is never not good

Ok user who isn't the same user, but I didn't make the OP.

You, user, must be confusing this user with another user.

There's the Zero patch too, it's not that bad. The edited version will still take a while to come out.

Role (as in story), he goes from some shoehorned in cool priest guy to a legitimately well written character

Remember the difference between loving lolis and "loving" lolis. It could cost you your freedom.

oh fuck me

I've got a lot to play at the moment, I'm still hoping for an official localisation by the time I make some progress on my backlog, I actually stopped playing a VN and a story driven game halfway through for third when it released.

3rd is absolutely fantastic since it literally is Kevin's game. He's my favorite protagonist.

If you want full completion, you have to scan, EVERY SINGLE ONE of those.

In that case I agree

Anyone?

Yes it's linear. There IS a point late in the game when you can travel freely across the whole country, but for the most part it's linear. Trails is linear.

Its fairly similar in that you're in a region at a time but there is a point where you have free roam of
all of Liberl

Ok, thanks. That's kind of a bummer, but it isn't such a big deal I guess.

Well, you'll still be stuck in a certain city when a new chapter arrives, but there's some new stuff to do, like fishing and so on, and it's a direct sequel to FC. You'll also get to keep more party members, and thus swap them around for the ones you want, unless the story removes them for a bit.
A later chapter will have you walking around the whole kingdom without restraints.

It is a bit more open in how each region is done and things like party choice. Its worth playing though.

3rd started nice but now that I'm at the 6th chapter things are getting kinda tiresome. I kinda just want it to be over now, to be honest.

Sixth chapter gets kind of tedious until Leiston Fortress and then dips again for the Black Ark, picks up big time for chapter 7 though.

6th chapter is the longest one, so it gets tiring a bit. After chapter 7 starts though it's an uphill in terms of it amping up the hype.

Every game has that one chapter.

6th chapter is fucking terrible, a completely boring slog to get through. 7th is worth it though

I want to Rixia Rixia's Rixias

Same here. Been at chapter 6 for 3 days now. I'm burned out from it all. Dungeon crawling was a mistake.

It honestly wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the Looking Glass, too many uninteresting fights, boring samey layout and all of the development is for the less interesting characters

Me too