youtube.com/watch?v=AvwDNGjEp7A

>Return to Arcadia Bay:
youtube.com/watch?v=GONk9c3MLjA

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017
Episode 2 − ''?'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''?'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13333675
strawpoll.me/13333690
strawpoll.me/13186941

Other urls found in this thread:

itsalmo.st/#beforethestorm
youtube.com/watch?v=CdqoNKCCt7A
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MAX IS #2

Anytime what?

No, she's #1

Posting this again.

Asked someone working on (BtS) that if Before the storm really is the last time we will see max and chloe.

>At this time, all that's been announced is that there is a bonus episode where we get to spend time Max and Chloe.

There still may be hope for those wanting to see Max in season 2.

Chloe agrees.

No, she won't be coming back. It's for the better. They might fuck her up even more. She doesn't deserve that.

This.
Leave them alone.

You shoud stop reading too much into every standard PR response and giving yourself false hope.

As apposed to making new characters and fucking them up?
Max isnt hard to fuck up. making new shitty characters is.

Soon bros

I agree also. They've had their fights and won them, and now we treasure them.

Sequels to coming of age and love stories are among the worst things out there, artistically. This story is sacred to many, milking it and its characters is sacrilege.

itsalmo.st/#beforethestorm

are they made out of wax?

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it

I'm looking forward to see the Before the Storm version.

>baefags btfo by this argument and hide behind a new thread

I just want to see the conclusion of their story goddammit. They confirmed Pricefield is canon but then cut right before anything happened unless you choose the shitty ending.

I want to see in-game Pricefield cuteness and, long term, I want to see their wedding.

then read some fanfics.

So Episode 4 showed us that Chloe is actually crazy smart about technical stuff and the main reason she never amounted to anything and dropped out of school is because her dad and Max both abandoned her. Otherwise she could have been a straight A student and a great engineer.

Speaking of: is there any sort of consensus for what are must read fanfics around here? Pricefield, obviously.

This; I'm sure she's sad her mother and step-dad died (if that's ever confirmed) but she genuinely looks happy to be leaving with Max

Apparently she still has science magazines lying around her room in the prime timeline
And also, while everybody attributes the 'chaos theory' thing to Warren, Chloe theorized pretty much the exact same thing as Warren in an earlier episode (I think before Kate jumps?)

Can't wait to play BtS in my new 4K monitor.

>he thinks 'destiny wanted to make max sad' is a good theory

come on friendo

Id rather see a sequel to maxs coming of age and how she handles adult hood then getting another coming of age story with different characters.

Hell, it could be about maxs career and her getting involved in another murder mystery that she was involved in, LiS is beyond the scope of le teens coming of age and finding their place in the world as hipster art students.

Its also a tale of crime solving and super natural things.

>Max Caufield... don't you forget about me

>don't you forget about me
obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=CdqoNKCCt7A

>don't you forget about me

Max fucked up time and now ripped a hole in the universe, these maxs replace each other in their said stories.

Gruff max payne voice
>So there I was again standing over the dead body of yet another girl i failed to protect.

>Those fuckers would pay for what they did to Rachel amber

>Warning Victoria was a mistake that shit head jefferson was behind it the whole time...but why didnt i see it? The evidence was there. I spent too much time looking into the bottom of the bottle.

>Id rather see a sequel to maxs coming of age and how she handles adult hood then getting another coming of age story with different characters.
>Hell, it could be about maxs career and her getting involved in another murder mystery that she was involved in, LiS is beyond the scope of le teens coming of age and finding their place in the world as hipster art students.
Shit I want all of this. I'd love to see Max and Chloe's life after the end of LiS1, including their inevitable roadtrip and wondering around west coast to settling somewhere and trying to start new lives.

Btw Max would totally be the bread winner and Chloe would be her housewife strutting around naked in only an apron

jokes on you. I'm a baefag and I posted that.

>Max fucked up time and now ripped a hole in the universe, these maxs replace each other in their said stories.
I've wondered since playing Episode 4 if all the alt universes Max is creating left and right continue to exist or do they disappear.

Because if they continue to exist somewhere in spacetime there is either dying quadriplegic Chloe in excruciating pain or alt!Max being sentenced for murdering her best friend.

Could Max use the photo of the butterfly to redo everything, having chosen to sacrifice Chloe? Is this why she smiles when she sees the butterfly in the final scene? Could that be a way to reconcile two endings for LiS2?

So Max is the crazy girl that makes weird noises there?

Victoria is obviously rich preppy girl.

Nathan is the jock suffering under the expectation of his father?

And Chloe is the loner that hates everyone and is angry at the world?

There's no need to reconcile anything since only the bae ending is canon.

My dream would be a live is strange 2 and it sort of be like heavy rain in terms of theme.

We see max now 21 and her photos are connected to a lot of peoples fates she gets involved with solving a bloody murder in rainy noir Seattle using her photos to investigate things she may of missed and even using her powers to ask the victim of the crime questions before going back to her timeline.
Side archs would include Tea dates and catch up sessions with Kate.
and actual dates and an insight onto how Chloe and Maxs relationship is going.

Chloe and Max hit a rough part of their relationship mid season and its up to the player to help mend their relationship and solve the murder.

4 different endings
2 bad
1 grey and 1 good.

Agreed but the devs obviously don't feel that way

So am I. Just wanted to see it get debunked a bit more

So if Chloe wasn't a factor would Max use her evil lesbian powers to seduce poor innocent Catholic schoolgirl Kate?

>Max... I'll always be with you

One of the things Life is Strange did best is revel in the tiny mundane moments of life and relationships. That's one of the reasons I'd love to see a continuation of Max and Chloe's story just for tiny but incredibly sweet moments like those,

Seattle is a natural progression from sleepy hipster Oregon town, yes. I was gonna say Heavy Rain might be a bit too, well, heavy but LiS made me cry way too many times for that.

But I'm honestly not sure. I feel like my ideal sequel would be just totally mundane life of Max and Chloe in Seattle or Portland living together. But I understand there needs to be an actual plot to fill 5+ episodes.

i highly doubt she would be sentenced for murder, its a lot more realistic for police to assume Chloe wanted to die peacefully and tricked Max into giving her a deadly dose of her meds by lying what are they.
It's still a horrifying situation to wake up to though.

>I feel like my ideal sequel would be just totally mundane life of Max and Chloe in Seattle or Portland living together. But I understand there needs to be an actual plot to fill 5+ episodes.
Ulysses is like 800 pages on one day in the (romantic) life of Stephen Dedalus. It can be done.

Heres a debunk

>Implying the storm wont still hit anyways
>Why didnt the storm stop when Jeffershit killed chloe
>Why would it suddenly make everything better if chloe dies on a bathroom floor at the hands of nathan.
>Why did saving william not effect anything

>Why did saving kate not effect anything
We see kate alive in this ending even if you failed to save her, so does this mean max needs to also encourage kate to commit suicide?

The storm is a red herring, its a force of nature its out of Maxs control. The best she can do is keep chloe alive and warn the ones she cares about to get to safety.

Also

>Ghost doe not effected by rewind
>Storm is

Thus storm is not magical but natural.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

>It's still a horrifying situation to wake up to though.
Yeah, that entire universe existing and continuing to exist is pretty much nightmare scenario. Either Chloe lives in hell for few more months/years and then she dies and her parents become homeless from all the medical bills or Max murdered her and that universe's Max has to live with murdering Chloe for the rest of her days. She'd spend her 20s in depression and maybe kill herself.

It gets even worse if you assume every universe that's a branching path exists as a permanent universe. Meaning that there is a universe where Jefferson kidnapped, tortured and killed Max in the dark room and got away with it and the help never came. In some universe Max spent the last hours of her life in an underground torture chamber run by a psychopath and she was then killed by said psychopath.

That's debunking something, but not really debunking the argument put forth, which is that Max and Chloe both agree that she needs to use her powers for utilitarian good.

The chart with all the lines about Chloe and the storm shows how this whole 'Chloe accepts her fate and wants Max to let her die' thing is dropped in literally 60 seconds before the final choice and is completely contradicted by everything said previously, including by Chloe herself minutes earlier.

>Ulysses is like 800 pages on one day in the (romantic) life of Stephen Dedalus. It can be done.
Oh I'm sure it can just not in this format for this franchise. Ultimately they aren't trying to write a novel that will confound critics for 100 years but to make and sell episodic game for people to buy and play.

That said, the mundane life could work as a small game of maybe like an hour long sold as a extra DLC.

>which is that Max and Chloe both agree that she needs to use her powers for utilitarian good.
Do they? Max's mantra and raison d'etre from the start has been to protect Chloe. She only gets stronger when she witnesses wheelchair Chloe and Jefferson/Nathan/etc killing Chloe.

And Chloe doesn't want to die. She says those things to help make a choice but she's happy in the bae ending.

>We see kate alive in this ending even if you failed to save her, so does this mean max needs to also encourage kate to commit suicide?
Kate doesn't kill herself in the timeline where Chloe dies because people stop focusing on her and the video. Nothing is changed so there isn't any reaction.
>The storm is a red herring, its a force of nature its out of Maxs control.
Then why doesn't it come in the timeline where chloe is shot?

Max is adorable.

Did you read the sentence after what you quoted? It wasn't supporting the argument.

So if we'll go back to 13 year old Max and 14 year old Chloe around the time when Chloe's dad dies doesn't that mean that we'll actually be 18 year old Max inside the 13 year old Max's body? And, if so, will we be the 18 year old Max the first time she came back or the second when she hugged Chloe?

T_T

Max didn't leave for Seattle the day William died. It happened weeks or even months later

We dont even know if it does or not

Why doesnt the storm NOT come when nathan kills jefferson.

Also.
There is no alt time lines, there is one consistent one. The proof of this is the fact that Max can not leave memories and fast forwards in time after she is done.
Second proof of this is the fact when we save William the world is still only just fucking up the same week.

There is no alt time lines and other wise the storm wouldn't be a factor at all. despite it also being a red herring.
Its called bait and switching.

Fuck, i meant why doesnt the storm come when Jefferson kills chloe.

If the storm was tied to chloe being alive or not the storm wouldnt of even happened since Jefferson kills her.

Even if the storm isnt tied to Chloe but its actually tied to Maxs power then resetting the timeline AGAIN would cause a bigger storm.

NO

If the tornado is completely unaffected by Max's activities then it should have already hit the down once Max has regained control after rewinding and allowing Chloe to get shot.
I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make with the alternate timeline argument. If the assumption is that Max changing things with her powers caused the storm to happen, events that would have happened if she didn't have powers, like Kate not killing herself following Chloe's death, would not cause the tornado to appear also.

I feel that it makes sense that LiS2 would be about Max and Chloe because of the obvious fan demand but also because of how this is scheduled.

The main studio makes LiS, the offshoot studio makes smaller 3 episode prequel to LiS while the main studio works on LiS2 - to me that screams Max and Chloe in the sequel. Maybe even Rachel if they decide to put in ghosts in the sequel.

The funeral is only days after the rewind, The Funeral doesnt take place after the storm was suppose to hit.

Most of the time when people die the body is burred mere days after their death.

Chloes funeral wouldnt of been after the 13th or even on the 13th it could of even been a day after.

Its not gunna happen senpai. Just accept the existence of a new protag.

I will never ever ever accept two things: Chloe dying at the end and new protag in LiS2.

Max only regains control after a rewind at the point in time where she went into the picture.

what is that supposed to mean?

They'll make the new dude so pitiful that you feel bad for disliking the choice. Like a second Kate.

It would just suck if Before the Storm was the last we ever see of Max and Chloe, if there are new characters in the sequel.

I've already cried many times during LiS don't make me cry after it as well.

That she misses Chloe and wants nothing more in life than to talk to her again?

APOLOGIZE

fuck off tom gould

I like Max taking a random shot of Chloe stomping the puddle at the end. At the risk of sounding like add: that's so Max!

You know that even if Max and Chloe were in the sequal it wouldn't be a happy easter egg? Either Max is seen alone, leaving her fate up to interpretation or something bad happens to Max to make the player feel emotions.

>You know that even if Max and Chloe were in the sequal it wouldn't be a happy easter egg?
Why not? They've earned their happy ending more than most and even if the story doesn't focus on them the new protag/s can meet them living together and being Max and Chloe in love.

Oh god, no. Never.

Always.

I have 100% faith that they will NOT make better characters in LiS2

more people will come out of the wood work demanding max and chloe story continue over the next year.
The only reason people are even paying attention to this series is because we fell for the characters in the first season.

No ones going to care and the only reason people might care is to hopefully see a hint of max and chloe.

and anyone saying xd i WANT to see ALL new characters is lying to themselves.

Dont play BtS then if you want to see new characters and you're "content" with where Max and chloe story ended.

dontnods going to get a wake up call soon, but itll be too late.

They aren't going to make one of the endings canon and most people chose to save the bay

>most people chose to save the bay
I've seen it hover around 50% in youtube videos.

And it's the nature of making a sequel for a game with choice, some choices will be canon and others will be non-canon. And obviously the shitty sacrifice Chloe because fuck Max's characterization for this entire series ending will be non-canon.

I mean, you definitely aren't wrong. Max and Chloe are at least 95% of the reason people care about LiS and are eagerly waiting for the sequel.

You realize that would result in more stupid contrived "the universe is semi-sentient and cares about whether one human lives or dies" conflict for Chloe and Max right?

>I wish I had an American girlfriend

>Dont play BtS then if you want to see new characters and you're "content" with where Max and chloe story ended.
This might be bursting your bubble a bit but not everyone played this game because of "muh pricefield"

Yeah Bay is winning in the popular vote but who would in an Electoral College format?

it's 54% now on PS4

No but Max and Chloe are the main draw for almost everyone. Of course not everyone agrees they're lovers and totally gay for each other but everyone agrees they're very close friends and care for each other deeply.

You can say that but it almost certainly won't happen

>it's 54% now on PS4
For what? Bae or Bay?

Bay, obviously.

Just another proof that humanity is fundamentally flawed.

Bay is the choice most people go for I think, on first plays

Saving the town is the most logical thing to do

I won't run away no more, I promise
Even when I get bored, I promise
Even when the ship is wrecked, I promise
Tie me to the rotten deck, I promise