20 Years later and the (Ancient) MKIV Supra and 2JZ are Still Awesome

New performance parts are STILL Being released for this car almost 25 years after its initial inception. Long live the 2JZ

SEMA Video youtu.be/zOTA6yFWMJo

VVT?
looks expensive

Billet aluminum with whizbang gizmos make it at least 1200 per head.

> at least 1200 per head.

But you only need one?

>not welding two 2JZs together to make a v12

not if you have ten engines
ie if you run a racing team

what car would that possibly fit into

that seams quite low, i would guess around 8000 for a head
also doubtful they will be able to produce literally a vtec system and sell it without honda filing suit for patent infringement.

in a homemade open wheeler

Why would you need VVT on a race engine?

What is Toyota's VVT-i, what is BMW's Vanos, what is Subaru's AVCS...

You wouldn't, installing higher lift/duration cams always defeats the point.

Widen the powerband, drivability is still an important metric in racing.

>Pigfat iron block I6
It's shit, and useless for anything but straight lines. Understeer galore with that boat anchor in the engine bay.

>It literally took them 20 years to figure out VTEC

VVT has been a thing since the 90's, VVT-L which is a better VTEC was released in '99

I do wish an aluminum block i6 was made, that would be sweet. Kind of sad a 1uz weighs less than a 2jz.

What is the TiVVT in the coyote

Ti-VCT

Volvo 240

>a fool and his money are soon parted

>What is Toyota's VVT-i, what is BMW's Vanos, what is Subaru's AVCS...
A completely different set of systems with a completely different principle of operation to VTEC*
Each company has their own separate and disctinct patented design and mechanism of operation.

The pictured system in question happens to be a perfect carbon copy of Honda's VTEC.
The rocker arms, rocker axle, mechanism of operation, cam towers, lash adjusters are all identical to a Honda i4 head. I wouldn't be surprised if the rocker arms themselves are literally Honda parts. They aren't aftermarket billet pieces.
They even put the oil control solenoid in the EXACT same place on the head that Honda puts it.

That all said, They can sell it easily as an aftermarket part without being sued by Honda, even though it infringes on the patent.

*To clear up that statement, vanos, ti-vct, avcs, vvti are all continuously variable phasing systems, and they only adjust cam timing, whereas vtec (early vtec, not talking about i-vtec) is a fixed on/off system which changes the cam profile altogether. You don't get continuous adjustment, but you get to change lift and duration.

It’s been 90 years and performance parts are still being released for the Model A

>Ayyyyy

Pic related was 3S powered

Probably a Toyota Century. The 1GZ-FE is pretty much just two 1JZ-GEs fitted together and a 2JZ is effectively a stroked 1JZ.

aftermarket parts are still being released for the sbf and sbc its really not impressive

hell people still make aftermarket parts for Model T engines

You know how to get (You)s.

performance parts are STILL being released 50 years after its intial inception chevy 350 2/4bolt

>nice try little boy

this isn't impressive at all, summit racing makes brand new aftermarket parts. ffs, the manufacture still produces the engine brand new.

*brand new aftermarket parts for literally anything american

my b

4.0l barra > 2jz
prove me wrong, pro tip, you can't.

>not getting a 1gz

>cant rev so high
>slim and none aftermarket in aus let alone the rest of the world

And 50 years later I can still buy a Windsor, SBC or a Hemi brand new. What is your point?

ford is a flying fucking faggot for not bringing this to the us. it could have been the true Ecoboost engine.

There aren't any major racing series that use variable valve timing/lift, though?

so what dude, nascar is still using a chevy small block from 50 years ago