/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>fucking hype edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>Spoon vs. HKS
youtube.com/watch?v=gxbOACjTTSY

>2018 Accord
youtube.com/watch?v=OlPISRtcc_k

>Civic Hatch
youtube.com/watch?v=11nLdduJzzI

>Look at this video
youtube.com/watch?v=g0lryLJqSzw&feature=youtu.be

>How to install/replace front power window motor and regulator...
youtube.com/watch?v=3HtjCgHwLk4&list=LLtFByz7zovfH6Vs7oXWL2yQ

>user's Accord
youtube.com/watch?v=CCdIC1KdQRY&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=UnYH-Q2H3B4

>Nihga Music
youtube.com/watch?v=9SajYmZpUeg

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

cosprings.craigslist.org/search/cta
cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-honda-crx/6370637306.html
fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-acura-cl-type-six-speed/6334492474.html
cosprings.craigslist.org/ctd/d/acura-cl-types-6speed/6342664874.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/2006-honda-accord-v6-coupe/6302324222.html
youtube.com/watch?v=lb1awXgoyQE
youtu.be/32Eoi6knxsE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

test

honda life soon

Tips a shit, but my beat up Honda is still good to me.

>Tfw Lexus engine swap Monday

Fucking Australia

/hg/, I need your help.

I'm looking at picking up this '90 Prelude for 700 Canadabucks. It has an '88 prelude engine in it; the car itself is at 340k kilometers, and the engine is hovering around 200k kilometers.

The Bad:
>some small dents around passenger side front and rear fender
>small rust spots around rear fender
>passenger running light not working
>power windows barely working
>ded, rusted out muffler
>rear wheel blown out, replaced with thinner width tire that has small leak (still have the rim, I'd just need to get a new set of tires at some point.)
>paint looking worn out on hood
>glovebox needs reattaching
>door hinges worn out, door droops slightly

The Good:
>So far as I can tell, engine and transmission are fine
>Timing belt done 20k ago.
>Idles smooth, no smoke at all, revs high with no issue
>No rust or spilled fluids in engine bay
>no rust on structural components, around shocks etc.
>suspension and frame in good shape
>Interior works fine, all electronics good
>Has components for 4WS set aside, but uninstalled.

Overall, most of the flaws are either aesthetic, or relatively cheap to deal with (tires/muffler etc.) Is it worth it? What are the odds of me just getting completely fucked over by it?

Here's the engine bay.

On a budget of 3-4k, could I get a decent condition 5th gen Prelude or 6th/7th gen v6 Accord Coupe, and is there much difference between them outside of the extra space and cylinders?

please dont buy that

where are located?/post local craigslist
depends on how you define 'reasonable'
avoid any accord v6 with an auto from those years (they were all auto). actually just dont get an auto honda at all. by virtue of elimination get the lude.

Reckon it's on death's door?

Yeah a fifth gen Lude should be doable at that price range. Probably the best bang for the buck Honda with the based H22.

Do mechanics usually have Honda rear diff fluid on hand? Need to get it done on my crv, grinding noise on sharp turns.

Dealer should have the OEM stuff on the shelf.

Back at home.
Where else will Veeky Forumss dankest memes come from

cosprings.craigslist.org/search/cta

Looking for a manual, and by reasonable I mean reasonably maintained with no outstanding issues aside from whatever's due soon, and ideally without a beat to shit body or interior.

i would buy this
cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-honda-crx/6370637306.html

>dat CRX

That is a fine automobile, I tell ya what. Noice HKS exhaust too.

Are you saying you're home physically or metaphorically in the thread?

>tfw no Honda Home
It would be perfect if it was just a single story with a 3 car garage.

What are these pipes? power steering, ac? Can they be relocated?

1995 Integra gsr

That should be the AC. You can rip them out if you don't have AC. Can't really relocate them since they're solid aluminum pipes and will break if you try to bend them too much.

Project Dream NSX
>610 hp up from 570 hp
>auto adjustable ride height to lower at high speeds and raise when speed bump is detected
>aero kit inspired by the GT3 car
>some luxuries like infotainment were removed to shed weight with lighter recaro seats
closest thing we have to an NSX-R so far. don't believe its an official offering yet just a display piece.

You meet the nicest people in a Honda.

>infotainment were removed
canucks will never get this
rear view camera is mandatory

Canadians are required to have back up cameras by law? shiiiiiiet

>"On March 31, 2014, the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced that it would require all automobiles sold in the United States built beginning in May 2018 to include backup cameras. On October 31, 2016, Transport Canada issued a similar mandate beginning at the same time."

Fuck me, are you people that shit at driving?

>tfw learned to drive after getting license
It's still not gonna help the poor millennials who find themselves behind the wheel of an old ass CM5 or something, I had to learn to nani park myself and now I can do it without opening my door.

I wish I had a better camera

>Fuck me, are you people that shit at driving?
not be, but with all the bullshit visibility im not surprised vehicular capability has declined
>check blindspot
>see this

Why are ni/tg/as so autistic?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to post in the Veeky Forums. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Initial D most of the jokes will go over a typical poster’s head. There’s also nitgas' pessimistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their shitposts- their personal philosophy draws heavily from Takumi Fujiwara memes, for instance. The nitgas understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these memes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about driving. As a consequence people who dislike the Toyotaa General truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Itsuki's existential catchphrase “Street racers don't need girlfriends,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Iketani and Mako's love story. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Shuichi Shigeno’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have Toyota & Lexus tattoos. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

>car sounds like a fucking diesel at idle
i think my d16 wants to die

That's pretty cool how your EX trim is an si but it's not an EM1.

ye, in canada the EX is badged as SI, and the SI is badged as "SI-R"

That's dope, American hondas are fucking garbage unless it's a specialty car that goes for much more than it's worth.

Honda trims were so weird at the time.

>EG coupe EX has literally the same engine and features as the Si like electric windows, cruise control, sunroof, etc
>But only the hatch can be an Si

Those leaves even got the EL, which is basically an EJ6 with leather.

how so, if you dont mind me asking? the only differences im really aware of are stuff like the check engine, e-brake lights and so on using symbols instead of letters, and daytime running lights

ye. i think the SI - SIR thing kinda makes sense though, seeing as how the EJ8 and EM1 were the only two trim levels in NA that made more than the 106 horsepower that the other trim levels were making. kinda reminds me of the trim levels with the cobalt SS.

They're exactly the same as hours, but dem badges though, the cali bois would be all over it, I see dudes with EM1 wheels on their EJ8.

>as hours
>wew
as ours*

first gen EL was aesthetic. i almost bought one before i settled on the EJ8. i think it had the y8 as well, if im not mistaken

fair nuff. it's the best we've got, seeing as i havent even seen an EM1 since i was probably 10

What's a reasonable offer to make on these, if any?

fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-acura-cl-type-six-speed/6334492474.html
cosprings.craigslist.org/ctd/d/acura-cl-types-6speed/6342664874.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/2006-honda-accord-v6-coupe/6302324222.html

I think $4500 is a good offer on all those CLs because the rarity and condition, but if that dude's CM8 is is good running condition, consider it because it is a newer car for $4000, the black paint isn't faded horribly, and it is a 6MT.

>CM8 has one faded light because minor accident
That's still a nice car but i'm triggered now.

Restore it you silly goose. Wet sand and clear coat.

Sorry user,all I know is mexican bodywork that leaves hammer marks.

>tfw

Totally wasn't expecting this.

>2.09 a gal
>tfw gas up 20c to 2.95 in CA to bring in money to fix roads
>tfw nothing will change and i will keep smashing my CM5 on the street
>

you are like a baby
watch this

It jumped up a bit after Harvey but it seems to have fell back down. I want that $1.80 range again.

That high point was that middle of nowhere gas station to rescue mom when the Lexus blew up. Fucking Jews.

>tfw saw a clean white 3G Lewd

I had a good feeling those pop ups belonged to one.

what are some cheap cool things i can do with a fwd car
i got handed a 94 civic ex with only like an aftermarket exhaust i think

autocross? fucking around in a parking lot? taking it to trails?

youtube.com/watch?v=lb1awXgoyQE

>"I should probably make my car look like a Subaru"

pop ups are aesthetic
ever try fog light blinking to make them blink?

Not yet. Pop up cars are pretty rare here for some reason.

what a shame
rustbelt kills cars so id imagine that no salt areas would have older vehicles

Fucking mint condition '04 EP3-R on sale close by and I can't fucking afford it. Bless my soul

There's plenty of older cars but for some reason the pop up cars break and get disposed of. I know if two AW11s that are rotting in driveways here.

how much in parts and labor could it add up to adding AC to a non AC 96' Integra?

700+

thanks, you think i can buy all the parts needed online new or i'd have to get shit used from ebay?

THE MISSION:
youtu.be/32Eoi6knxsE

nihga thats a gay picture

lol at that tiny rear window - why even bother putting one there instead of more bolstering? You've already ruined the driver visibility and no passenger is going to crane their neck to look out a hole that narrow.

damn that's a lot of backfire

>damn that's a lot of backfire
just the way I want it

>backfire

you mean anti-lag

Give me one good reason why a car manufacturer would deliberately build a car with blindspots this big.

Is it because of that rule that states that every new vehicle's roof should be able to support the weight of the car? Surely nobody designed this shitbox thinking its actually a good thing.

Toyota has done better :)

how ya'll been doin up in here?

Better than that Neon back there. Kek

>not reverse

Nothing new desu
U?

yo yo yo

Waddup bruh

>This little frogbro was on the back of my window all the way home from work

I was getting pretty hektik too.

“For I did not speak of my own accord” - John 12:49

Yo I heard if you open up to a random page in the bibble, there should be something on that page that relates to your life...so I did...
>Acts 4:24
>So when they heard that, they raised their voice to God with one accord and said: "Lord, you are God, who made heaven and earth and the sea, and all that is in them,

Jesus confirmed real, nihgas.

I'm pretty sure I'd lose to you more clearly now del

New wheels?

>nihgas
Is this some sort of Veeky Forums meme?

That's ridiculous. Should be illegal imo.

notta lotta, been busy af with work. got a new front mount which fixed the slight engine wobble i was getting down low in third. otherwise car is running great. still in the early stages of tuning so it kinda of falls on it's face when I hit vtec, but the low cam profile rips pretty hard through 5500 rpm.

at least his crazy ex didn't set it on fire like my other neighbor's did kek

yo, how's the engine coming along?

nah, just put the stockies back on for winter because they're fitted with all seasons. The tires my other set of wheels get scary below 40 degrees.

It's an /hg/ meme nihga

why are 9th gen civics so ugly?

I noticed too that the 8th gen civic is gorgeous, the 8th gen Accord is meh, the 9th gen Accord is gorgeous and the 9th gen civic is meh but it has the R18 so it works.

The early ninth gen looks like ass but I like the refresh.

I do love the 9th gen Si sedan in particular, i'm a sucker for 18 inch rims on shitbox cars.

The refresh looks like ass but I like the early ninth gen

>posts coupe

Here's a pic for reference
Refresh bottom 2

So how do you guys restore the interior of a used 90'ish car to something comfy and not super worn out feeling? Replace everything?

Get it detailed (if you can't do it yourself). Sometimes all things need is a good cleaning. If anything is torn, cracked, or broken - replace it.

It's in and its running. Need to adjust clutch tomorrow because im locked out of every gear but otherwise good to go!

Where do you live, Silent Hill?

I hate these wheels. They would look so much better if they didn't flare out so much near the edge.

If they had regular spokes like the 9th gen sport model had, they'd be even better.

Yeah these look nice.

>why yall gotta put so much work on the back of your car man
>cuz thats the only view youll see
considering their abhorrent tastes, fuckbois can make some mad bants amongst themselve