/vn/ - Soon™ Edition

Visual Novel General #1526

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

xth for fuck sp

>supporting scam project

>BS "all ages" KS soon
You should fix this.

We are entering a VN golden age with SP leading the way!

Did you have a pissing fetish before the golden age of VNs?

When Baldr Sky comes out in mid-2060, I'll tell my kids to pirate it just to spite SP.

So from what I can tell people hate on SP for either not delivering or taking too long to deliver?

Sounds like it's just a bunch of dorks who don't really know how to manage a company.

Fuck off reddit

No, for now these announcment are pretty average and we newer know in what year will be released.

You sick bastards baited that poor fag into reading Umineko. We're supposed to help this community grow, not destroy it.

I do love chibi art

It can't be helped when you're working on this many projects

>Sounds like it's just a bunch of dorks who don't really know how to manage a company.

It's basically this, they have no idea what they're doing and are super bitchy about it on twitter

chibi/SD art is JUSTICE

FUCK
SEKAI
PROJECT

Yeah, I feel really bad for him, but whatever. This will probably turn him away from the medium as a whole.

Logicfags: Unintelligent, diehard atheists, permavirgins, never experienced real love, unloved by everyone, nitpicks over stupid shit nobody gives a fuck about, shills for SP and wants to be a part of the cartel

Magicfriends: Highly respected individuals, may not be theistic, but can recognize the pros of following a faith, has experienced real love, loved and respected by everyone, acknowledges the faults of Umineko and sees it as a flawed masterpiece that everyone should read, supports /ourcompany/ MG, dosen't care about the cartel.

Rusalka my Kei!

They promise much and deliver little. Any when they finally do deliver, it's shit.

What happened? Umineko's alright

Why didn't MG announce this instead of that other moonstone moege?

If you're warned to not get invested in the mystery in advance it's a lot more enjoyable. There's a reason that people who read Umineko as it was coming out hate it and people who go in forewarned tend to like it. Like how if you're expecting DI to be the kamige to end all kamiges you'll just be disappointed but if you just want Chuunishit you'll have a blast.

For taking too long to deliver
For submitting cringeworthy meme translations
For insulting their userbase on a regular basis
For lying to their userbase on a reglar basis
For treating the original 18+ product like it's an after thought and not putting effort into it
For killing off Aroduc and delaying the Baldr Sky release for 2 years

Yeah, instead of waiting patiently for a good translation, they want some unedited shit.
It's leading to a time where simultaneous worldwide releases will happen!

Is Veeky Forums ready for the next true kamige?

But Umineko is a fine piece of literature.

>tfw reading a Noeri H-scene
>/vn/ is shitposting so hard about SP on the second monitor that I progressed maybe 5 lines in an hour

Let's save the thread with cute girls

I legitimately cannot fathom how people go into visual NOVELS and then say "omgwtf this is way too long it's like I'm reading a fucking BOOK holy shit!!!!!!!11"Why is it so common for me to see someone surprised at the "> 50 hours" indicator? Seriously, why shouldn't it take 50 hours? It's a fucking anime book with voice acting and pictures but above all the other elements it's still supposed to be a NOVEL that you READ. Even if you want to say the time you spend is longer than it would be with a typical book that's a GOOD thing, not a bad thing. You have more to read/watch/experience. Seriously, what is supposed to be the problem with a visual NOVEL being long? It's not like you have to read it all in one sitting. They aren't, "tedious" just just because it's long, they should only be tedious if they are unenjoyable. If reading is tedious then you should take your fucking adderall and go play with your fidget spinner instead of coming here and complaining about books being too long.

They killed /ourguy/ Aroduc. I will never forgive them.

R07 is the Tolstoy of visual novels.

>Like how if you're expecting DI to be the kamige to end all kamiges you'll just be disappointed but if you just want Chuunishit you'll have a blast

I expected chuunishit and got what is most likely my favorite VN for now

I don't know if it's a kamige or whatever but it's definitely in the top tier of what has been translated so far

Because they need to prove they're worthy for those vns. As you can see, sp is doing great with the community and the companies.

For butchering multiple VNs, creating all ages versions that didn't even exist in the first place
For 84% editing release

It probably will be in one of their mid 2018 cons.

That or when they deliver it's unfinished

Or maybe they don't want to support anybody who was going to shit on them in the first place?

>Mangagamer also doesn't offer merchandise on release of games.
What the fuck? How is that even a factor? How about we talk about the actual visual novel coming out first before merchandising comes in? In fact, when has the merchandising ever been a factor for a good release? I think the VN coming out first should be the priority if you want to have an argument here and they barely get that right

>Everyone who want merchandise from an SP project can get it,
You know, Ley-Line was supposed to have the first light novel translated if it met the goal, which it did, but look at that it's not happening anymore. They didn't even say why.

>So from what I can tell people hate on SP for either not delivering or taking too long to deliver?
I think the real problem is that they keep not delivering while licensing something like 7 or 8 games a year, picking up completed projects and running Kickstarter after Kickstarter

What do you think the likelihood is of Sekai picking up Yuzu's other projects are?

>has experienced real love
That's why umineko is shit.
I mean, what the fuck, Ryukishi, your target audience are otakus. Real love? Seriously? No wonder why higanbana and rgd failed. Serves him right.

Reposting since it was at the end of the last thread.
Did Umineko ever explain why the police didn't find it strange there was a crater on the island showing a bomb had gone off? It spent time saying there was a big mystery of what happend but a giant crater from explosives isn't really that mysterious since it is east to tell what caused it.

Well since they have 2, it's looking pretty fucking likely now

Sekai Project buying out a Japanese company when?!

>finally get around to reading Umineko
>thought the whole "Beatrice is a man with mutilated genitals" spoiler was a meme
>it was actually true
Nani the fuck?

Plot hole, like most things in Umineko if you didn't realize

I would honestly forgive them for most of that if they improved and actually came out an apologized. But nope. The most they'll do is make hi-larious self-depreciating posts on Reddit instead of offering a heartfelt apology.

ALL AGES MOEGE

I've actually read this novel. It's complete shit, and the detective is pure cringe.

This. Sadly, Umineko is a pleb filter.

Glad to see that he's getting his reputation back, though. He really is writing a lot of shit these days, with Iwaihime being his most successful work recently.

translation fucking when

Depends on how much money they manage to swindle via the kikestarters for SB and DR

It's over, /vng/.

As expected of the source of Umineko

>/vng/
Who?

What's even the point in caring? It's going to take at least 4 years for them to release the 3 they announced so far.

Pretty good.

Awesome, I can look forward to Sanoba Witch in 2089.

I honestly had more fun with Umineko than I did with whatever shit the cartel pushed.

Hey-hey-hey, there's the high-roller!

>/vng/.

>6 years later
>People are still discussing Umineko
>People are still mad about Umineko

Literally a true kamige.

Your autism resonated with Ryukishi, it's probably the way he keeps repeating the same shit 3 times every paragraph that pushed your buttons
Congratulation

World and Peace - one of the longest novels in the world is shorter than Typemoon stuff, Grisaia, R07 stuff and Keystuff.

>13 years later
>people are still discussing F/SN
>people are still mad about F/SN

Literally a true kamige.

Amairo translation when!

>6 months later
>people are still in beta
>people are still asking for sukisuki

Kei best girl

Literally a true betage.

>5 years later, people are still discussing tomoyo after
I don't want to remember anymore.

Okay so what exactly is supposed to come out from SP this year? I saw Wagamama High Spec is (apparently) coming out at the end of the month and Ley-Line (apparently) supposed to come out sometime this month (even though it was supposed to come out in Spring and then delayed it without saying anything)

Kei worst girl

So what happened to Aroduc after the Baldr fiasco? Is he really gone forever?
Can we try and revive him like we did with coco?

>wow... purple prose... soo good... must be good........ hmm... yesss..... i love it.... very... flowery my dear................

Supposedly SakuSaku as well.

See, this is quality writing. Shut the fuck up with your crappy Umineko shit and talk about a real kamige.

Doddler betrayed him.

He's dead.

>All yuzusoft vns are localized by Yuzusoft and not Mangagamer
Literally the worst timeline lads

I see you did not even fucking read my post about people not reading. I'll make it quick and just copy and paste the part where I specifically talked about that.
>Even if you want to say the time you spend is longer than it would be with a typical book that's a GOOD thing, not a bad thing. You have more to read/watch/experience. Seriously, what is supposed to be the problem with a visual NOVEL being long? It's not like you have to read it all in one sitting
You spend 300 hours running around crashing your car in GTA but reading for 50 hours? Jesus christ that's soooooooo boring ugh how do people read anything other than text messages? *opens flappy bird*

Shit's been on beta for so long it better be fucking flawless.

>all of /ourguys/ like Umineko

hmmmmmm.......

Hasn't Wagamama been coming out 'soon' for at least a month now?

Top 10 anime betrayals

Ohaa, /vn/

Is Cartagra any good? I liked Kara no Shoujo and was thinking of reading this next

He only has his blog and twitter that he uses. He is unlikely to work with most hackers who can actually do shit now after the Balder mess and that was his one main problem with his projects (engine/scripting problems).

Is SP defender /our guy/?

what's some all ages kamige?

Senren Banka looks very promising from the vndb ratings. I'd much rather trust the ratings on there than the autists on /vn/.

>the school doctor rapes our heroine's BFF while she's transforming into god knows what

Remember when Nekopara btfo Dies Irae and the Dies translators tried to use catgirls to get people to back it?

Lets fug

Can you please stop trying to discuss VNs? we're shitposting over here.

No, it's not good, because more hours = more filler, not more new content.

He/she seems pretty cool.

You need to read it if you're going to read KnS 2, as there are plot point that came from Cartagra.

>twitter
I don't know why I said twitter, I meant forums.

Well I mean I already read KnS2 with no issue

It's an underrated classic IMO

Well apparently they announced the all-ages one for 7/25

>Localized by Yuzusoft
I wish we had it that good.