Daily Bike Thread: Slow Edition

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group
>Bullying EF club now accepting members

/dbt/ map: Meet, fuck, crash into stationary objects.
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:

a2bikes.co.uk

Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms nothing but kino I guarantee:
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

cycle-ergo.com
youtube.com/watch?v=8_5Z3jyO2pA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Aprilia a best

Second for Honda is better than you think

For real though why does Aprilia have the best frames on the market? You'd think one of the bigger companies would just offer the dude responsible for that like 4x the salary and pick him up.

im gay

SOUL AND PASHUN
no, but forreal, they spent decades perfecting their frame building and nicking parts off others, the real surprise is that they've made their own engine and it's gorgeous

>slow edition
Cruisers welcome it seems

how's the honda life?

*suzuki

I wanna goldwing raecbiek

Big boy bike for big Suzuki boys

Where is snowy gl user? Just realised we basically have the same 2 bikes.

tfw bike decommissioned for 2 weeks because no parts

What are some serious chad steeds?

I had an aprilia

little baby looks cute

am i crazy? its been 2 weeks since ive put the bike away for winter, and i think about bikes at least 40% of the entire day

i need serious help, my mind is just motorcycles and sex

Fun things are fun.

not this

This.

*harley
fucking grom poster
if you saved a dollar every day since you started posting this gay image you could already afford a grom

The dream of owning a Grom is more valuable than owning a Grom.

everyone is asleep
post bikes

What's the smallest vehicle you can practically use to transport a track-day motorcycle?

The motorcycle itself. Just try not to crash

many normal cars can fit a bike, just remove the seats

That's a sexy swingarm.

This is not an option if you have a track-only bike.

if you have a track bike only and no way to haul it around you're a fucking moron

almost as if knows this, would like to get a track bike, and is trying to find the minimum viable product re: how to haul it around

I can't I'm asleep fucknuts

How do you position your body when you're on a tall ass sports tourer and want maximum lean without tipping over.

I don't have my copy with me but I seem to remember that Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch had some useful advice for body position while riding on public roads.
My own intuition would be to "tuck" as much as reasonably possible, lean off the bike a moderate amount with my knee out, but not dragging. It's difficult to describe but quite intuitive on the bike.

a wheelie

Im a cheap piece of shit who only rides old UJM's.

Had to dismantle the entire goddamn bike just to change a water pump gasket

Same as any other goddamn bike. Grab the goddamn gas tank with your knees. Shift your butt and drag your knee if need be. Lean, into the turn, DONT FORGET TO COUNTER STEER and DONT ROLL OFF THE THROTTLE UNTIL THE END OF THE TURN

Looking to get my first bike but physically I am short and skinny.
I'm 5'5" and only 125 pounds.

I'm leaning towards a Honda CB500F but I feel it is too big for me. Should I stick to a Honda Grom or similar smaller bikes?

probably just stick to bicycles kid

>cycle-ergo.com

What are my other options?

>2017
>not living where you can ride year round

Depends on what you wanna do. A 500 isnt bad but with your weight you can start off on a 125-350 and still have enough power to get where you need to go.

If you wanna be an everyday rider, go on CL and find an old ass UJM from the 70s-90's. You can find them a dime a dozen and usually only cost like a grand. Ride that for 6 months and then sell it for a grand and THEN go buy the bike you want.

Dont buy a grom.

See
This is the truth. Groms are only actually fun for doing retarded mods, ripping tiny (but dank) whoolies, going off curbs and jumping off some 13 yr olds skate ramp. This is NOT the bike to ride everyday, this is a TOY.

And for gods sake. Take the damn safety course and read/watch Twist of the Wrist.

No it isn't, twist of the wrist and shit are sportsbike centric whilst the ergos of a sports-tourer are vastly different. Legit question you nonce.

>Don't forget to countersteer
This meme again.

I'll have a look.. Cheers

Everywhere you can ride year round is a shithole.

>He thinks counter steer is a meme

Scooters, user. Scooters.

See if a Helix 250 tickles your man parts.

this is why i dont come here often

people just making shit up like le countersteering only to confuse new riders

also dont forget to adjust your bikes voltage so you dont kill the batteryyyy

You're the only one confused here, faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=8_5Z3jyO2pA

>posts misinformation from 80s to trick people

Jesus christ people actually think countersteering isnt important. And that ToW doesnt apply to other bikes. Holy shit you people are retarded. You can lean all you want but you aint gonna go anywhere if you dont know how to steer properly.

Watch this video at around 2:40
Yeah phoenix sucks during the summer.

Bike coming from Cali to Colorado
Chad's tracking says it's in South Dakota.

>first bike
>500cc

your gonna die kid

CBF500F is fine.

are you retarded

are you? he shoud get a 125ccc to learn to ride, then go up, fuck off stupid idiots

You’re the perfect height and weird for Motorcycling, the world is your oyster buy whatever you want.

that's retarded.

retard.

Weight*

It's a pretty shite bike but there's not much else in that range. They're just as tame as 250's and such but a lot better on the highway.

Good bike to start on, only reason to go smaller would be if you never go out of town or if you're restricted by some nanny laws.

Duke 390, makes a bit less power but weighs a lot less and looks better for manlets.

>inb4 he actually thinks the step by step displacement method isn't a meme

lol 500 is fine
that's what i learned on

500 is completely fine

maybe in fucking USA where 99% of roads are a straight line

ever took a corner?
congratulations you countersteered.

>twisting my words like a filthy jew

fuck off hebrew snake

yurop here, old city too so a lot of small streets

I miss keeno

had to make a pit stop

>go on CL and find an old ass UJM from the 70s-90's

I searched for UJM and it meant to get the Honda CB750? Isn't that bigger than the Honda CB500F? Shouldn't I get a smaller displacement engine especially since I'm a beginner?

old technology isn't as powerful as the new technolgy found in bikes

Keeno please come back

>650 er-6n learner bike from driving school
>Gsx1100 right after I got my permit
>Still Alive

Activate your almonds user

>le reddit "don't forget to countersteer!" meme
>again
Goddamn when will you guys fuck off? It's not that fucking complicated, if you don't countersteer you're riding in a straight line forever, if you have ever turned a motorcycle, even a little bit, you have used countersteering.

heavy as fuck though

Is Royal Enfield a meme?

Yes

Care to tell why?

Shit quality, poo in loo Indian designers, slow as piss. It’s like a not attractive harley

stone age British tech made by poopy pajeet

how is there anything appealing in a combination of these words.

Leaning is fine, counter steering is fine. They're both necessary and work together. I don't think it's possible to "forget" to counter steer. At speed, fork geometry means turning the wheel left will make you lean right and the bike will move to the right. Leaning to the right does make the bike move right, and if you push the handlebar down to the right its the same as turning the wheel left and the bike will move right. A combination of the leaning and counter steering is ideal but unless you're taking fast turns you don't really need to lean that much. The whole thing comes naturally, especially if you've ridden a bicycle before.

Average to below average build quality, shit displacement so only good around town, appealing to cafe maymay
Last bit is b8

the cb500f is about as maneuverable as you can get, theyre literally designed for that purpose you fucking mong

Shut up user only one method can be right and there is no possibility both can be applied in this autism competition.

This doesn't look quite right.

he can stay fucked off

Rain and winter started, 5C today, no bike riding till april, what do till then?

winter prep your bike.

Find an indoor cart track and buy a mini Moto.

Pretty sure the universe told me not to ride to work today

>wake up, look outside
>inch of snow and hail on the ground, highly consider calling in but wait it out
>snow melts by time I have to leave
>try and start bike, no luck
>jump bike but dies immediately after starting and lights flicker
>negative battery post is stripped out, screw goes flying right as I look at it

Too bad my bike is my only mode of transportation, 3 day weekend I guess?

Have you ever even ridden a motorcycle before? Your post reads like "no"

well it is so you're dumb

buy a dirtbike

have you ever dragged knee before
your posts scream "no"

>can't get to work
>it's his own fault
>he can just stay home from work
what a worthless unreliable cunt
go do you work you dirty fuck

I'm not even that guy, but you do countersteer to turn.
It's not even something you thing about. Before I took the msf course I didn't even know I was doing it.
But it is a meme in the sense /dbt/ brings it up too much. Honestly I think it's something you just naturally pick up anyway.