>Elder Thread
>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Recently Started Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Making sales and deals
youtube.com/watch?v=ffZfbi-wjto

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write you @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>is the game worth playing?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RMb4qZJ0Jkw
en.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Online
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/07/03/announcing-the-eso-plus-bonus-event
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wow
this weeks "luxury vendor" literally sold a broken clock

A *luxury* broken clock!

At least it's right twice a day. Except we'll never know when because there's no ingame clock.

>2017
>still has bot trains

idk why i am still playing this shitty game.

It would be kind of a mindfuck if they had put an in-game clock in, now that they do holiday events based on real dates.

>2017
>still playing on potatoes

idk why i am still playing with shitty roodypoos

>in queue for 30 minutes
>run to bathroom quick
>Ready Check
>0 seconds left

iirc there's an actual ingame clock but it's hidden without addons. Said addon allows you to actually check the time to know when wherewolves or vampires spawn.

Basically making my first character here.

When it comes to guilds, does it matter what faction I'm in?

Can't let the players have exact knowledge, then they wouldn't buy it from the crown store!

Like, if you google how to become a vampire or werewolf, all the info is years old, everything about getting a bite from another player is buried. Wouldn't surprise me if they had that info sanitized so you'd think you have to buy it from the crown store.

Faction only matters in PvP.

Aight.

What faction is the one with all the sissies?

The Dominion

Aldmeri Dominion is how to the "nothing personnel, kid" races of bosmer and khajit, so there are tons of nightblade ganking faggots. They also have worst faction leader (not even a real elf, she's a miniature dwemer construct with an AI brain from the future) and worst zones.

Ebonheart Pact is the "I Love Skyrim!" faction, so it attracts a ton of people who never played another elder scrolls game. Lots of slack jaw mongoloids that can only bow light attack in a zerg and call themselves mlg pro pvpers. Their faction leader is an incompetent drunk that fucks pigs, and I don't mean his sister.

Daggerfall Covenant is the generic fantasy faction, so they tend to have less players compared to the others, but they have decent coordination in PvP. Their races tend to be best at stamina, so you get a lot of DK and stamsorcs to fuck shit up, with some magicka thrown in. Their faction leader is the most likable of the three, a king that kind of got thrown into it and is just trying his best for his people. Of course, trying his best for his people means committing war atrocities like genocide and subterfuge, but if you aren't playing to win you shouldn't be in the game.

>(not even a real elf, she's a miniature dwemer construct with an AI brain from the future)
>taking a joke seriously

Yeah, a joke.

Short Bosmer girls to snuggle and cuddle.

at least when they're short you don't need to find as tall a tree.

just bought elder scrolls online morrowind for $40.

What am I in for?

besides the 6 hour download of course (ps4)

Morrowind has a main story, plus side stories in each area, and side quests scattered about.

On the mainland, there is an overarching story, a faction specific story, then each zone has a story arc. There are also regional stories within the zone, quest hubs with multiple quests, and side quests scattered about.

Just the vanilla game has over 100 hours of content, and Morrowind (if you're thorough) has about 25 - 30 itself.

And this is before dungeons and trials.

What race/faction etc should I pick?

dunmer/high elf telvanni sounds fun.

As far as race, each one has racial passives that benefit either stamina or magicka. Your best bet is to figure out what kind of playstyle you want, then choose a race from there.

btw the only elder scrolls i've ever played is morrowind which i still play obsessively even today

dunmer is still a jack of all trades ?

yes though they are better with magicka based action because of their fire damage buff

Dunmer take less damage from fire, do more fire damage, and get max magicka and stamina.

ESO, the different races, and me.

>Dunmer
as always, bastions of superiority
>Altmer
ESO makes me dislike them even more
>Khajiit
Okay these guys are legit. 100%. I feel guilty for lumping the Khajiit in with the stupid tree-lizards.
>Bosmer
the elf-nigs turned out to be elf-nigs.
>Imperials
All this potential badassery, but they're ruined! They need some TALOS asap
>Redguards, Orcs
Feel the same way about each of them as I do the Khajiit
>Breton
I expected nothing, and I was still disappointed.

>It's a "I played Oblivion, then Skyrim, then read about Morrowind on UESP" opinion

bosmer detected

youtube.com/watch?v=RMb4qZJ0Jkw

Help me with my money.

I have 3500 crowns. Should I buy the imperial upgrade? I mainly really only want the pledge of mara for my buddy. Should I just buy that separately? Imperial worth it? This might be my only chance to get wealth signaling cosmetics because I'm not getting any more plus.

Also, is morrowind worth $30? I don't have the game on steam, but I'm hoping I can still buy the expansion on it.

1 >Dunmer
2 >Everything else

Get your filthy hides out of Vvardenfell n'wah

nice formatting you filthy mer

>not liking argonians

Every potion is a tri potion.

LIZARD PRIDE TAMRIEL WIDE!

guar bump

qt

which one of you """"hilarious"""" sons of bitches came to my house and turned all my shit off?

me.
get owned lmao

So dreamy.

How much can I get done without paying? I'm kinda short on cash and until I get rescheduled at work it's gonna stay that way, and it might take a few weeks, I have an itch for a MMO though.

A dead game

>have no pc for a while because renovations
>nb tank now has zero sustain
what's the meta now, we getting regen sets or just stacking health?

Are there any basic cliffnotes to what changed in morrowind, or is it time to trudge through patchnotes?
at least the goy crates paid off with this

If you buy the base game for $15 (down to $10 or less some places) you get all of the vanilla zones. If you go through, do the quest lines, the quest hubs, side quests, dungeons, etc., you can get 80+ hours easily. Then later on if you sub, you get access to all of the DLC while you are subbed along with some other perks.

>tfw no funposting allowed

What's the point of a zone chat if it's just for guild recruitment and not flinging shit like monkeys

You had it coming and you know it but I still laugh.

Yeah I do but it was a fun night

As long as it was worth it. I almost considered, with how dirt cheap you could get unlimited, just buying a couple copies and making alt accounts for fun posting.

Like that guy in glenumbra's chat, wolf wolferson, who is always hammered as fuck. I could just shitpost without worrying about my real account getting banned.

REEEEEEE fucking dps spergs pulling everything before me because i wait for the rest of the team before rushing in fuck you!

I let them tank. If the dps want to tank in vet mode, i let them. I'd rather they get pissed and leave or kick me right off the bat if they are going to be a faggot the whole dungeon. How dare I waste their precious time, its a whole 2 minutes of their life they'll never get back.

bip

Dunmer are worst elves

I own ESO through steam but when installing i got two clients, one for steam and the other just a normal client. if i purchased ESO Plus through the website (cause its cheaper) will i still gain the benefits of the Plus on the steam client?

>Implying turning off someone's lighting in their house while they're gone isn't where the real PVP is at

Oh, it's you, hi

Same, I've got all the time in the world. Of they feel the need to rush past me and pull aggro, then they can show me how good they are at not dying instantly.

The real pvp takes place on european servers in zone chat. Just wait for some sperg germans to start typing in german and reply 'learn english' once. This will start the best hour of shitposting in your life.

I got these motifs, I'm new and need gold for my bank storage upgrades. How much are they worth?

Also, there are items in the world that have names like Hat, Bow, Dagger etc, can these items ever have traits or be any other quality than white? Wondering if they're ever worth picking up.

post your love at first sight

Those are fairly common motifs, maybe 400 - 900 gold, at most.

Can't stand Ashlander clothes. They're as ugly, and look about as comfortable as wearing a hairshirt.

I get the concept, to protect from heat and sandstorms. Doesn't mean they are aesthetic.

>How much are they worth?
The purple book motifs are worth around 900 Green crafting stuff is around 100-130 each, variably, the blue one is probably a little more. Green recipe is trash, but the blue one is probably worth something. Get the Tamriel Trade Centre addon to get a general idea for list prices.
>ever worth picking up
Unless you really need one immediately, no. There is a small chance they can have a trait or be green quality, but they will give little to no materials upon deconstruction, have no vendor value, and are generally only for gearing yourself very early on.

I liek healers. Which class can I play for vet dungeons and trials? not a big fan of either the templar or the warden. Is it true that pets are a pain in the ass in group content because they steal buffs and spread shit like contagion or chain lightning?

They don't steal buff. However I'd give DK healing a go desu. One of these days I'll bother leveling a DK.

how big are my chances to find faggot pug leaders that would kick me out as soon as they see i'm a sorc healer?

Also, what the fuck is it with world boss groups
>some guy says LFM >insert boss name< can share
>they don't share
???

>someone says "it's a world boss there is no quest wtf"
>when why do you say "can share"?
>...

am I missing something here

DKs, Sorcs, NBs can heal pretty well. I personally like NBs.

>not veya

Try again scrub

Is there any good ESO wiki?

After sitting on the 4th boss for 5 days we finally got our first clear. Beat the last boss on second pull only wiping at 9% on our first attempt

en.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Online

Alchemy or enchantment, lads?

Both

Basically null. In a game where the vast majority focus on dps, healers and tanks very rarely get kicked unless they literally do not heal or do not tank.

Know what makes adventuring in Tamriel even more awesome? Free stuff! From July 5-9, ESO Plus members can log in to receive up to five *free Dwarven Crown Crates*. Not an ESO Plus member? You can enjoy a *free trial* of the service for the duration of the event, no strings attached. This includes access to the DLC game packs, the Craft Bag, and bonuses to XP and Gold gains. Check out the details below!

elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/07/03/announcing-the-eso-plus-bonus-event

What happens if I create a character is a Dunmer but part of the Aldmeri Alliance? Can I still access it after the trial ends? What about and Imperial character?

Neither of those are features of ESO plus

They're DLC, and it offers access to all DLCs?

Upgrades such as Digital Imperial Edition Upgrade (not to be confused the Imperial City DLC) and Adventurer Pack are separate from ESO+, however, there is nothing stopping you from gaining the skill lines from Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood and keeping them after the event ends.

dk vampire tank with health(p) and stamina(s) is what I use.

It is very very hard to kill me

Is it worth picking this up during the sale?
I quite like TES games but have mixed feelings for MMOs, I tried out the free weekend a while back and it was okay.
Is there enough content to keep people going or is it more MMO style gear treadmill for unendning 'improvement'?

They're DLC (downloadable content) but they're not "DLC game packs". You could also read :
>The ESO Plus trial will grant you the following benefits:
>- Full access to all DLC game packs - new zones, quests, dungeons and more!
> * Including Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, and Shadows of the Hist DLC game packs.
>- Unlimited storage for crafting materials
>- Double Bank space for your account
>- 10% increase to Experience& Gold acquisition, Crafting Inspiration, and Trait Researchrates
>- Double Furnishings and Collectibles space in player housing
>- Exclusive ability to dye costumes

Also see and after you get the Crafting Bag, all materials already inside will remain there, and you will still be able to retrieve items from it, but not stow materials back inside it. Should be the same for bank account space, you'll be able to withdraw items but not put them back in over the normal max.

Nice, I've several "If you get ESO+ now we'll give you a month for free" emails. Seems like a decent time to cash em in since I've been on the fence about taking a break from the game.

There's more than 600+ hours of content for a solo player.

I can't speak for the endgame, but I'm enjoying the environments, the music, the lore, etc. Even if I don't do any endgame content, I've gotten enough playtime out of it.

Which version do you buy as a new player?

Gold if you want some DLC and dont plan on subbing, Regular if you dont care about DLC right away or plan on subbing, regular+morrowind if you want to warden right away or visit vvardenfell right away.

Friend convinced me to try this since i used to be big into elder scrolls, especially morrowind.
I made a nord templar since nords have always been my favorite since before the skyrim faggots came about. This game is a bit confusing since it seems to build its "trinity" of tank, dps, healer a bit differently.
Can i play this character to smite bitches and do good damage or are they more into healing and support?

Yes to all your questions.

is this a /tesog/ run?

All classes can do all roles although some better than others. Stamina Templar (which is what would be better for Nord) isn't meta right now. If you want to play Nord I recommend DK or NB, especially if you want to tank. But if you don't really care about doing the hardest of end game content you'll be fine.

>nord
>templar
>stamina templar
well, um. I... you see...