What are your thoughts Veeky Forums? Previous owner put smoked lenses over my taillights...

What are your thoughts Veeky Forums? Previous owner put smoked lenses over my taillights. Should I keep the smoked lenses or just rock the stock red lights?

An image comparing the two while taillights are on.

This is a 2004 Corvette by the way.

ALL BLACK EVERYTHING is pretty tacky, I'd say get some stock red or at least lighter smoked lenses.

I'd put stock ones back in.

I should clarify that the smoked lenses are literally just a plastic 2D pane of smoked acrylic that fit over the existing stock red lights. The OP image has one factory taillight and one factory taillight with the lens over it.

Yeah, just take the tints off. It looks better imo and it's safer.

Take it off.
Black on black on black is a fucking trash-ass look, and I'm sure you don't want to be another dickwad that ruins a perfectly good C5.
I also really hope that's dip on your wheels and not paint. I'd peel it off before it gets baked on (it probably already is) and impossible to remove perfectly.

Insurance company's/cops can give you a hard time for reducing the amount of light put out by your taillights. Remove them, they look shit anyway.

They look powder coated. I actually really like the black wheels with red calipers, I think the red and black combination is really sharp. I just need to repaint my calipers since the red paint is old and faded.

How much did you pay for that c5z if you don't mind answering. I'm looking to buy one as well.

Black tail light best tail light
But if I had black I'd get the euro lights. The white breaks up the red and looks good on black cars. These are led halos, admittedly the driving light is objectively harder to see (halo vs full light) but the brake light is plenty.

Fuck, forgot my faggot lights. Tinted led halos

On the same note:

>Having my car repainted in the original red
>Asks me if I want to paint all the plastic details (side bumpers, door handle) red too

Clear euros. I like the halo look, would've gone with these though if I didn't have mine.

What the hell else would they do?

I personally don't really like the look of "euro" lights on cars. I like the red light and black body combination. It just seems odd to me having one light divided up in various colors and shapes.

I do however love LEDs. They're safer, last longer, and I think look sharper. I'll look into replacing my taillights with LEDs on my C5, but I'd like to retain the stock lights look.

LEDs look great. They make them in non halo as well. The only bad side about non tinted is you see all the little leds (during daylight) and up close it looks a bit ricer to me.

Tint is a meme. Might as well start vaping.

I personally don't have tint on mine. I would take the int off.
Are your wheels powder coated?

I'm thinking about replacing the taillight halogen bulbs with LED arrays and keeping the stock taillight housing. Looking on Amazon, like 95% of replacement bulbs offered are LEDs anyway.

Take them off

Not op , but low end run about 12k, nicer better maintained 17k max i would say. Well at least here in socal.

For a z06? No, maybe a base. Verts are more expensive than the coupes. Most z06s usually start at 16 with higher mileage

Did not see the the z part on the original question, but yes i meant those prices for the base. z06 are are 14k for high mileage probably trashed and 23k for lower mileage better maintained ones. Overall very affordable cars specially for the performance.

>does nothing except make your lights work less
>looks like shit (especially on black paint)
They're neither use nor ornament. Stock for sure.

My feature loaded 2004 C5 glass T top coupe with 80K miles in OP cost $15K. Previous owner did some modifications including these meme smoked taillight covers, dual cold air intakes, awesome sounding exhaust, and a few other things.

I should also add I'm in Southern Orange County California.

Depends OP, are you a boomer? or did your parents buy you that car as a gift for entering college? If former, remove them if latter 50/50 need more info on what level of maturity you are at.

Neither. I landed a pretty sweet job down here in CA after graduating college and I bought this for under about three months salary.