How do I find out my car's engine?

I recently bought a used 2015 Kia Soul and came to find that the engine has likely been replaced under the table. It was sold to me as a car with 2.0 liter engine, but when I was put in a loaner vehicle while it was in the shop, I noticed that the loaner (Kia Forte) felt much better powered, making me wonder whether the engine was replaced with a 1.6 liter. Any way I can find out which engine is in there? How vital is that information for things like oil changes, anyway? Since there's no record of the replacement, the VIN number doesn't help. Thanks.

Take it to a dealer and compare it with another 2015 Soul with the 2.0... or just take it to a dealer and ask them because it could be fraud and they need to check this shit.

>buying a kia soul
Just kys instead.

Check the engine number because that usually gives and engine code. Not sure where it is on yours but it'll be stamped somewhere on the engine block.

Your engine look like this? If so it's 2.0, if it says GDI its a 1.6

thanks, it says GDI

am I crazy for really liking the looks of kia soul
it feels unique in its crossover category, high seated spacious without feeling huge and unwieldy

i like how it looks too. and for somebody who doesn't live in some dirt-road backwater, it's a perfectly utilitarian vehicle. can fit my room in it (desk, mattress, clothes, bed, etc) if i ever need to move out-of-state. otherwise it's got ample room for passengers and it's comfortable on long road trips, while having the nimble control of a small car. the only thing is that it's gas mileage isn't great considering it's mediocre power.

after more research, it looks like all of the engines (2.0 and 1.6 liter alike) say GDI in the united states. turns out mine is actually the 2.0 liter. it's a relief, but it still feels a little underpowered xP wouldn't want to drive the 1.6 liter.

>xP

Yea its a shitcar for soccermom you mongoloid

2L without a turbo is shit tier.

Sell the shitheap and go get something with a real engine.

i wouldn't call it a shit car by any means. the finish is nice, the handling is good, and the shifting is superb. overall great quality for a car that cost 11k. kia's come a long way from their turd days of the early 2000's desu senpai.

ehhh i think i prefer the utility over the horsepower for now, but yeah maybe in the future. it's already a major upgrade from the 2004 ford focus i had before, even in terms of handling.

>engage buyer's remorse

If you have to ask a question like, “how do i find out my cars engine?” And you post a picture of a kia soul you should just kys.

huh?

ah ok

give me an example of a car i can buy for 11k with less than 50k miles that matches the utility of the kia soul but also has a real engine, then maybe i'll reconsider my decision. obviously something with a clean history.

wouldn't want to drive the kia soul

Honda ridgeline. So incredibly underrated. Fantastic J series engine. Tons of cargo, 4 doors, reliability, etc. Hard to do better imo.

This

I rented one last year and it served my needs much better than the other cars in its category like the Chrysler 200 or Chevy Cruze

no, it's a very well-styled shitbox. it needs to be smaller and lighter, but given current laws, it gets a pass.

Literally most crossovers will fit this bill, but you'll also get AWD as a bonus. Think RAV4s, CR-Vs, Explorers, Outbacks, etc.

That weird RAV4 V6 that had 270hp so you could smoke most of your rice rockets and get the kids to soccer practice on time too