Dare I saw the 4age is /our engine/?

Dare I saw the 4age is /our engine/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7xsdCHiJKgQ
youtu.be/-HQ7imLw1Vw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

4AGE isnt even good tho (sure that much is common with Veeky Forums)

I think Veeky Forumss engine will always be the Wankel

It's not impressive power wise but mechanically it was very well built.

>/our engine/
>not the R/o/cket

Sounds amazing in 20v blacktop form too.

wankels are shit

>not the nailhead

its as weak as cripple kicks in terms of power but yeah, its a well designed engine for a 4 banger

it's a nice sounding engine, but that's about it

4agze was better

>sounds fucking amazing
>rev happy as shit
>reliable
>generally decent kick and fantastic throttle response
>easily tuned and loads of aftermarket

if you do a little work on it, its not as weak as everyone seems to think it is. i fucking love mine. i dont know why Veeky Forums gives a n/a 4 banger designed in the 80s for econo-sports cars flak for not making 200 hp. i love it for what it is and would choose one in my dd over most other engines honestly.

mod = god

it isnt anything special tho

Fun little motor

>dare I saw

I agreed with you already, it's overhyped but still not bad

nailhead a shit
plus if you turn the olds rocket emblem (for the company) on its side it kind of looks like an >implication arrow

Implying enough of the weeb faggots here appreciate anything American and superior

Think we already know what Veeky Forumsur engine is.

whats superior about a heavy V8 that made less hp than the damn 4AGE

More torque and power

I'm not sure I should bother replying to newfagay t b h

spun bearings tho
and its not impressive just modern and somewhat available compared to older high end engines that are better than it

Hell, I think most people would agree it sounds pretty good in 16v form as well.

delusiuonal GM fangirls are not allowed on Veeky Forums

but bench racers like numbers
big ports reporting in
>muh 1uzfe

really it made 135 gross hp and weighs 200 lbs more

>reply to a tranny

hp is a hollow number like PIMPO
torque @ rpm will tell you more about an engine

That's more hp than the 4age

its like 100 hp and 200 lb ft
come on son

not really because its gross

bet if you put a stock one on a dyno itd make barely over 100 hp

Gross hp ≠ net hp

There's been multiple videos of classic engines meeting and exceeding advertised gross numbers.

yeah when not stock or under the same gross testing standards

Gross is the engine on a stand with out any accessory drive and sometimes even different specs like cam lift and duration than what you get with a complete car off the lot. It means literally nothing.

Yeah and dynoing today has shown the gross numbers were actually pretty close to the real thing. Americans under rate for insurance purposes and because Americans actually own cars and race them. Japanese cars are overrated since it's nothing but bench racing.

except Americans overrated

the engines advertised for shit like 425hp really only made 350 and whatnot

But that's exactly what power is, it's just torque multiplied by rpm. 100hp is 100hp when it comes to acceleration. Whether you get there with low torque/high rpm or high torque/low rpm makes no difference whatsoever.

youtu.be/7xsdCHiJKgQ

Wrong

>not the VR5

wrong

Japanese cars massively underrated everything until 2004 when the gentleman's agreement ended. Ever notice how everything ever "made" 276hp?

B A S E D

>Posting numbers that were submitted to insurance companies and government

I wouldnt doubt the HEMI making a little more the 350 but nowhere near 425

maybe what 375

>Wheel horsepower

Come on man. You can't be this dumb

more telling than your gross ratings

315 / .85 = 374

oh my bad its 370 nb

had a typo in the calculator there

Not every Dyno is the same.

>Americans under rate for insurance purposes and because Americans actually own cars and race them. Japanese cars are overrated since it's nothing but bench racing.

yeah that can easily be said for engine dynos giving people optimistic numbers and those that dont use stock engines

HEMIs make between 350 and 375 real hp and nearly every piece of evidence from 1/4 times to an actual dyno points to it

>Gets proven wrong
>Then says you can measure hp by quarter mile times

oh its you again

where you just say Im wrong and shitpost while ignoring evidence

and why yes you estimate hp from 1/4 mile times

and lets see

according to Car Craft Magazine a 1970 Challenger with a 4 speed 4.10 gears and a 426 Hemi ran a 13.1

said car had a curb weight of ~3650 lbs
lets add in 160 for a driver so 3810

following this formula gets you 335 hp

so yeah I completely believe the 350hp rating to be fairly accurate

you need to account for drag and driver reactions

yeah thats why its an estimate

but still 335 is a shit ton closer to 350 than it is to 425

and a 315 whp chassis dyno is closer to it as well

Alright dumbass you got so mad that you were proven wrong with a video of a modern engine Dyno you bring up cars and drag strips that introduce much more variants such as a driver and car setup and atmospheric conditions. And once again you use numbers from the 70's. A time when the tires are bias ply and have tubes in them.

Modern tires these cars are into the 11's

youtu.be/-HQ7imLw1Vw

cool

non stock cars

>muh tires

this Mustang runs 9s on Goodyear Polyglas a popular muscle car tire from the late 60s

And apparently makes 150hp

That's the equation for the mechanical work done over the course of the entire 1/4 mile.
That's average output
Mean power
You won't get peak fucking power figure from a 1/4 estimate dumb fuck
You will always get a number less than peak no matter what.
We are talking about rated power here, i.e. Peak power
You're a fucking idiot.
Also curb weight does not include fuel and you didn't calculate for that either.
Fuck tripfags.

>4age
where the fuck do i even get one of these without paying an arm and a leg? its like $1500 off ebay.

Well, as it was a copy of cosworth BDA i guess cosworth's BDA is our engine

naw theres nothing stock about that Mustangs powertrain outside of looks

over 800 hp

those Hemi powered cars up there arent stock either tho

they run in PSMCDR which allows some modifications which really wake up muscle engines

weird

my car makes around 200 hp going by its whp

when I plug in the weight of my car with me in it and the et I get 188 hp

seems pretty accurate to me for peak hp boyo

stay mad user

Why'd we be mad? You have yet to show any proof a hemi makes 350hp or that a Rocket V8 makes less than 138hp

That's about right for a low mileage JDM blacktop with the trans-axle from what I've seen.

>weird, my irrelevant anecdote fails to prove my point and just further demonstrates my lack of understanding.
>seems pretty accurate to me
The figure you came up with was lower than peak, exactly like I said it would be.
How far below peak the figure is depends on the shape of the power curve and the gearing among many other variables, but it tends to get much worse as power increases, as trap speed increases, and as ET decreases.
The number for your powerless cuckbox is only down by 6%, but it's still down, and you're still a fucking idiot.
Shit, your own anecdote proves you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

i would do a full rebuild anyways so idc about the mileage really. is there nowhere i can get a junkyard 4age for like $3-400?

how have I not

I posted factory rated hp
I posted dynos
I posted drag times

they all line up to it being a 350-370 hp engine

its kinda obvious a 303 makes less than 138 since even its gross rating is only 135

so basically youre just going to ignore everything and not back up your own claims at the time

gg user Id say to any rational person sees Im right

at least I know what an estimate is lmao

feels good that I know more than likely 80% of Veeky Forums despite not knowing much

As usual, quality posts on Veeky Forums are ignored in favor of shitposting. This guy knows what's up.

20v a cute

I only entered this argument after your blunder regarding calculated power, and only to correct it.
But you made a categorical statement about american engines, then used a single example for a single engine in unknown condition, and a flawed mathematical assessment. That's hardly a rigorous demonstration.
>at least I know what an estimate is lmao
But you don't, because you don't understand the accuracy of the estimate or why or how the formula you're using works... Which means you don't understand how or why using that estimate will be inconsistent, and always inaccurate. That's not how estimating works.
>feels good that I know more than likely 80% of Veeky Forums despite not knowing much
Somebody always knows more, but you can't learn if you're busy being a smug shit who can't admit when they're wrong.
Tripfags are notorious for this, hence my statement.

>TFW own 4agze and LS2

>rotary engine
>swift spinning circle jerk
Gay

>piston engine
>piston pounding dat trap pucci
Straight as fuck pham

meanwhile youre whole argument

"im ignoring your evidence because I dont want to believe it and I will make assumptions while not actually countering what youve posted"

neato kiddo

Is the 5s-fe just a newer less powerful 4age?

>two anime weebshits having an autism fight

I mean really gross vs net has been known since the 60s

5SFEs make more power than 16v 4AGEs and are 0.6l larger so not really

For a 20v, not really, but you could try talking to a JDM engine shop. They typically don't import something that needs a rebuild though.

For a 16v your best bet is probably to find a parting out or toasted AW11 on craigslist.

>im ignoring your evidence
I addressed it directly and specifically
read >not actually countering what youve posted
I countered a specific statement that you made, then countered the anecdote you used to defend it.
Then I attacked your lack of evidence for your original claim, not the claim itself, because you don't have much in the first place, and what you have is flawed.
I pointed out the specific flaws in your presented evidence and you have yet to defend it or add more.
I know it's pointless to respond because you don't listen or care, and you're one of those special snowflakes for whom being perceived as right or smart is more important than the actual information...
Hence your sophomoric statement about knowing more than other people here.

>youre whole argument
I don't think you've realized you're talking to 2 different people...
Nice reading comprehension

probably because Im actually right and you guys do is shitpost lmao

imagine typing out a paragraph and going nowhere with it

maybe if you actually tried Id care more

hey look more assumptions making you look retarded

Veeky Forums's official engine is the LS1 which only takes $500 and an afternoon on average to swap into any vehicle.

>All you guys do is shitpost lmao
Your last 3 responses to me have had no actual arguments in them.
They're shitposts.
You've reduced from making actual arguments to shitting out hollow responses that have nothing to do with the actual argument in the hopes that the person you're arguing with will get frustrated and stop replying, letting you feel like you've won.
If you've got a point to prove, and you've got a way to prove it, do it.
Just because you made 1 wrong statement doesn't necessarily invalidate your whole argument...
Otherwise, you're just wasting time shitposting

i have an old yota pick up that needs a new heart so anything is better than the 20R that was in it. was thinking about a 3V-FE just because of how cheap they are, but if i could get a high revving 4 banger for a decent price that would be cool too.

>Just because you made 1 wrong statement doesn't necessarily invalidate your whole argument...

ikr so when you are actually going to say something worth replying to

so far you havent done shit against my argument other than saying you dont agree with it

the results are there unargued and factual compared to

>lol I dun like ur argument its not right

if anyone is going to quit replying it will be me getting bored of your long rambling go nowhere bullshit

>so far you havent done shit against my argument other than saying you dont agree with it
>the results are there unargued and factual compared to
Wrong.
You put up 2 examples.
You have a random chassis dyno sheet of an unknown car that shows less than advertised power. But a random Youtube engine dyno video from this thread shows more than advertised, so that's a fucking wash unless you defend it.
You have "calculations" that can't be used to determine peak power, only average power, and we're not arguing about average horsepower, we are arguing about advertised peak power... So that's fucking meaningless.
>So you have nothing to support your argument
>Literally nothing

where did it make the peak 200 hp though and what kind of car is it? is it fwd rwd? how heavy is it? these are all factors that play into it lad

so basically you dont understand

formulas
estimates
and you cant read a dyno sheet or advertised power ratings

but think a not stock engine on a dyno is the end all be all

yet I dont have anything supporting me

kek

gg I guess your bait worked but it makes look stupid

4A-GE
>no power
>no torque
>no variable valve timing
>a meme from a cartoon

LS
>has power
>makes torque
>reliable
>fits in just about any engine bay
>huge aftermarket

>dubs
dis

Your while post omissions retarded and makes no sense.

Id rather have the 2zz

>but think a not stock engine on a dyno is the end all be all
Video says stock.
Author says "We ran it the way it was pulled from the car."
If you can refute that, do it.
The dyno sheet you showed has no supporting material
Was the dyno sheet you showed stock?
When was it done?
What was the condition of the car?
Was it still making good compression?
Do you know the drivetrain loss or are you assuming it? What gear was it run in?
Was it corrected or uncorrected power? Because the sheet shows 1070 feet elevation and temperature 41 degrees above ISA at 1000 ft, which will cost a lot of power in a fucking carburetted 2-valve

>you dont understand
>formulas
Except you don't know how to use your formula correctly
It's the wrong fucking formula for the wrong application.
>estimates
It's not an accurate estimate. You can't explain why or how it's inaccurate, but you're running blind with it anyway.

bunch of irrelevant autistic babbling
if you want to to babble on about that then every piece of data in the world is irrelevant because a fly was on the wall 15 ft away or some other inane shit

running open headers already ruin the engine dyno since its not stock they say they didnt do anything yet are adjusting the carb and checking timing in the video

Belvedere I posted is stock all the way to the original exhaust factory timing and carb jetting and freshly rebuilt

your opinions arent facts
so you cant really refute a formula that is even backed up with real world data and I can sit here and do multiple cars all day long and be in the ballpark everytime of its peak power

you THINK you know it but you dont know shit

the goddamn Hemi doesnt make 425 actual hp and is n the 300hp range

if you disagree you are delusional and the fact that youve brought your autism out this long over it is just mind boggling

>running open headers already ruin the engine dyno since its not stock
Oh really, look at pic related. You fucking posted it after all.
The GROSS hp ratings are done with NO exhaust. Fuck.
They are done with NO air cleaner, NO exhaust system, on a stand, with NO accessories.
Where the fuck do you think the 75 hp difference between gross and installed comes from?

>the goddamn Hemi doesnt make 425 actual hp
No, it's advertised at 350 installed on pic fucking related that you fucking posted.
Your dyno sheet shows better than advertised by 20 hp by your own fucking math, even though it's on a 96-degree day at 1000 feet.

>I can sit here and do multiple cars all day long and be in the ballpark everytime
You will never have an accurate number, so who cares?
You were 6% off on a 200hp car.
It's the wrong fucking formula for the wrong application.
Keep kicking that square peg into that round hole, it doesn't fit.

Care to explain?

LS engines are trash and inferior to the Ford Modular

i agree with this person

someone is triggered

its not a 425 hp engine lol keep sperging out

btfo this guy all day long

wasnt even arguing gross lol were talking real hp dumbass

lmao

right formula but youre retarded and cant understand maybe I dont know exactly what my car weighs or its drivetrain loss gee

but spergalong little autsie maybe in your dreams you have all the numbers to a tee

I know Im probably looking like an ass but your lack of composure cracked me up