Auto Sticker General #306

Previous thread:
>List of Vendors and Social Media
pastebin.com/AGc66Z8j
markdownshare.com/view/b5abadcc-c0fb-473e-a34d-f27c0921865d

>/osg/ FAQ
pastebin.com/vaEgettv

>What is this thread for?
A thread to discuss, post, create, and review anything related to Automotive Decals and Stickers

>Currently looking for:
Idea Guys (Come up with Sticker Ideas, Veeky Forums club names, etc.)
Anons with artistic talent willing to make decals for free

Asking again

Does anyone has any pro tips for applying larger decals on a windshield. I’m having trouble making it perfectly straight.

Measuring tape and painters tape my man. Use the measuring tape to get some reference points and the painters tape to put a straight line across the windshield.

STOP MAKING POSTS BEFORE THE FUCKING BUMP LIMIT.

When is this coming out? And will I get it before Christmas, Hoon?

Duplicate thread. This faggot won't stop making threads before bump limit. Saged.

Thread is still not at bump limit and was 301 before this fag made thread.

Speedmaster a qt!

where else can I put stickers on a miata? with no visible rear window i don't know where they look good

Put stickers on your stickers

Hosting a giveaway on Instagram @zetaraes.
Prizes are a layered slap and $10 store credit.

Get out

Section13.us here! Last day the shop will be open, it closes at midnight tonight. so many of you have ordered from me and I love you all.
for anyone else who hasn't and is interested, Remember to use code OURGUY for 15% off your entire order!

section13us.bigcartel.com/

IG: section13.us

thank you so much for being a part of my first release!

Wet application works better than dry. Just squeegee the shit out of it.

/r/ing a Chevy-Chan die cut

I want a sticker of the ancap snake with the quotes "piss of m8"

That’s when you spray the clean surface with a small amount of soap mix’s with water right?? Kind of nervous about that method it doesn’t fuck up the adhesive ?

Just use your hose. No soap really needed unless your autistic.

Project plaster wall with osg stickers

So can someone tell me how tall 'Rising sun WAT' is?
Fly Away sticker still hasn't arrived

Requesting someone make a "Very Tall Engine Cooling" diecut so I can stick it on my Honda.

Hoodies ordered...
I made it a small batch as these are pricey and I don't want to stock a huge amount of them at a time

I sent a seconds round of the fly away to all the international orders on Monday as insurance, if youre domestic shoot me an email and ill send you another one. Local post office is inundated with Local mexicans sending shit, wonder if its a holiday for them or something.

Work shirts when?

hows the quality?

looks like it's one of those stiff walmart brand $19 hoodies if i'm being real man

Has anyone ever worked with the user's who offer custom one offs?

In the coming months I may be looking to make my 944 rally/outlaw inspired and I'm looking to possibly collaborate with a guy to make some door decals to make it look like it's rocking a livery, without just being a copy of a marlboro car or something.

I'm looking for people who are trusted to do good work or who anons can vouch for, I'm thinking a multiple hundred dollar job and I don't just want to drop it on a guy who used illustrator one time.

Pic related is kind of the feel I want to go for.

tyty imouto, looking forward to battle umaru

I could come up with a design if you want.

Went out today and stopped by the Hoon of clothes.

Wait are you seriously going to put a pedophile sticker on your car

can a fella get a discord link?

parked next to him again.

no new picture cause no new stickers.

Definitely will keep you in mind. I haven't bought from you before but I've checked your site out multiple times.
I'm not super in to anime but I think the stuff on your website speaks that you're a good designer, whether anime is my cup of tea or not.

I'm seriously thinking of doing this in a few months, maybe February or so? I have some exams to get through right now and I should really be focusing on them rather than the car, lol.
That also gives me more time to really decide what I want.

I'm thinking I might want some form of racing stripes in there, definitely logos of some of the local clubs I'm part of, the logo of a mod-shop I frequent.
I think it would give it the look of a sponsored car without sucking corporate dick, and giving some publicity to some really great associations and people.

If an enthusiast saw what I'm kind of starting to envision rolling through the streets of downtown Toronto I wouldn't want them to say "oh a meme'd and butchered porsche",
I'd want them to see the associations and groups that make motorsport possible in Ontario and say "shit I should be joining those guys".

Idk what it is but the idea of transforming this weekend driver 944 into a one-of-a kind deal just appeals to me.
If I was smart I'd sell the damn thing, take out a 1 or 2 year loan or just max my line of credit and buy an air-cooled 911 before they start appreciating like mad. Thankfully I'm not smart.

Pic somewhat related

You're in Canada? O.o
Would you put a Hoon Responsibly on your car? I'd give it to you for free of course.

Where can I buy a hoon responsibly and give you some support? I swear to god I have seen them I just forget who makes them?

I'm really not a hot-shot driver or anything, just a 20 year old kid. The only reason I have the ability to do this is because I'm technically mentally disabled so the government gives me a free ride through uni, meaning every dollar I earn is pretty much pocketed - part of it goes to the church, part goes to living, most of it goes to keeping the 944 on the road. Driving just brings me so much joy, it's really my escape.

Pic related is some of the local club logos I'd want incorporated (I just threw shit in paint and snipping tooled, okay?), but I also want some things on there that would let a guy know "shit that dude is definitely from Veeky Forums".

Kind of envisioning a two-fold design, normie enthusiasts would say "well isn't that swell! I should be involved in those clubs", but Veeky Forumstists could totally tell it was an Veeky Forums car. Maybe part of that would be having stickers like Hoon Responsibly mixed in with normie sponsor decals. I think I want to ride a line between little in-jokes and a complete meme.

I shouldn't get to ahead of myself though, I really shouldn't be devoting to much time to this right now. Definitely need to wait till the new year before going forward with anything.

please do not support hoon

You might be mentally disabled, and I don't wish to make light of that, but hoon is completely a tool and by choice. This sounds like a really cool project but before you go forward rethink supporting that piece of shit. Thank you for your time!

I think you may need to go to a local shop if your livery plan is complex.
Are you going to paint the car and then apply stickers on top? Or are you going to do a wrap?

Backyard Tuners is a good guy, he makes good original stuff, I can vouch for him.

I'm not that mentally disabled, it really only affects my memory.
What's the matter with hoon? Sorry I don't frequent osg too much

I'd recommend not getting too much into the Hoon drama, I wish it would die already honestly.

Hoon actually did try to get /osg/ banned at one point, though he apparently had his reasons (I don't want to take sides too much and start another damn flamewar).

I mean, he is sending you a free sticker so if you want it for all means go for it.

Yeah if it got too complex definitely would have to look at a local shop... but I think maybe I could have multiple die-cuts done by our guys, and then just have a local shop apply all of them as opposed to printing one large wrap.
That would also give me some flexibility, if I wanted to change some shit up I could have a certain sticker removed, and the designs would already be done so it would just be a matter of having another one printed and re applied elsewhere.

I'm not going to paint the car, it's a drab dark brown, very 80s. It isn't my favourite but it's surprisingly clean for it's age and I would fuck it up if I rattle canned it, and the price of a real respray is ridiculous. Half the car is a fucking glass hatchback, I even offered to strip sand and prime it myself but people are still wanting 5 grand just to spray it white. I think I bought the damn thing for 4.5? Just not worth.

He has and is trying to get these threads banned.
He shits up threads with shitposting.
He spams his store at every chance he gets.
He's stolen ideas from other stores.

I glad they turned up alright, please enjoy them!

Nothing is wrong with Hoon, he came to osg to make stickers and sell stickers. He just takes the business aspect more seriously. (He spends hundreds of dollars on ads). He was blacklisted by an idiot here named Fluffy for doing nothing "wrong". The only reason Hoon is trying to get osg banned is because members of osg (other stores) did bad things to him, like blacklisting him, reporting his posts on Veeky Forums to get banned, (for advertising ironically), and they left fake reviews on his Facebook page, plus told people not to buy his stickers in other groups too.

Hoon didn't do anything except offer great customer service and support for all osg people. He still gives us great pricing and discounts and still supports new stores that start off here.

He doesn't do any of this without perfectly valid reasoning, and he has never stolen designs from anyone, in fact, you people have stolen designs from him.

His store is projecthoon.com, he'll give you the sticker for free probably if you just ask, but if you want to buy use the osg code to let him know you're from osg and he'll throw extras in most of the time.

This isn't Hoon, this is some shitposter masquerading as Hoon, Hoon always leaves his email when he offers free stickers. I already checked with him and he didn't post this. Stop fucking creating drama you fucking faggots.

GIVE ME HOLOGRAPHIC STICKERS OR GIVE ME DEATH

>osg has to start FAKE DRAMA to shit on hoon and make themselves feel relevant
News flash, osg is irrelevant, and hoon is living in your minds rent free

For fucks sake stop fighting

Is it okay if I use a flamethrower to remove stickers?

screencap this holy shit lmao

You stop fighting, you're contributing to the drama by saying shit like "Hoon has tried to get osg banned" and conveniently leaving out important shit like "osg blacklisted hoon for literally nothing" or "osg left fake reviews on hoons Facebook page to bring his business rating down from 5 stars to 2 stars" or "osg reported hoons posts for advertising when all of osg is nothing but an advertising circle jerk"

Why don't you man the fuck up and speak the truth instead of your half sided no side lying ass.

Nobody fucking cares
Answer my question

That would be largely dependent on the material your car is made of, user. May I please ask the make, model, and model year of your vehicle?

Clearly, people care. The problem is, no one from osg will admit they fucked themselves by unfairly blacklisting someone and now they are in too deep to admit their wrong doing so they have to keep up appearances by making up fake drama to make sure everyone knows what to say and how to act about Hoon.

Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, 1979
Some faggot slapped a AAA sticker on my bumper while I was at work and I want to kill it in the most painful way possible

Your vehicle is made of steel. The body panels of your vehicle will begin to melt near 1370 degrees celcius depending on the carbon content of the steel used.

Chances are your AAA sticker is made of polyvinyl chloride, The heat stability of PCV is extremely poor, and will begin to decompose at 140 degrees celcius.

An american m2 flamethrower utilizes both gasoline and nitrogen, the gasoline will burn somewhere above 945 degrees celcius depending on ambient air temperature. This is enough to disintegrate your AAA sticker without damaging the structural integrity of your vehicle.

I recommend that you consider the use of a flamethrower for your removal needs.

Thank you very much
Have a wonderful wrap I saw last year

I dont want to make stickers any more, not with people being so angry every thread

Yes have a good night and a merry holiday season.

Thank you, have a nice night user
I will begin the removal procedure as soon as the flamethrower arrives

Got her stuck, got to pull her out now. Probably not a good idea, taking it this route but hey, it's the last hump till i get her to the mill.

this is /osg/ not /ovg/ friend
I think you posted in the wrong thread

s-sorry

Who is this qt that I must protect at all costs?

>want a peek for back window
>don't know what character to get
SHID
How much does a one-off cost?

like 5 bucks plus shipping via offset

Sent it out earlier today, just got home and marked it as shipped. Can you let me know if you got an email? Still working out the kinks on the new site so I want to make sure everything is being sent out properly.

My site is no longer the big cartel, just teamwicked.biz

I actually really love this manga. This was sad.

Can any image be used and die cut?

If it's low quality it'll look like shit
If its's too complicated it'll be expensive as hell to cut, or your supplier will flat out refuse if it's not doable

What would be a good resolution and size to stick with? Most of my money gets funneled to /k/ so I was only looking to spend like a few bucks

300dpi+

the problem with some of these stickies are that they are quite low resolution. I bought some from Opposing Force and it looks fucking crisp 4k no blurred lines shit.

then i bought from some other guys and it looks like it was printed in a 2006 inkjet printer.

Arrived today, sent on 10/31/17, bongland

>said i was gonna keep my car mostly normie
>started looking at stickers cause they're still neat
>accidentally did this
Fuck
What do you guys put sticksrs on besides your vehicles?

Literally anything
Computer, walls, fridge, microwave, street signs

God bless

Enjoy getting your sticker 2 weeks after Halloween.

It get there ok? As I recall I was out of good cardboard for letter backing.

looking at those, the trash

who the hell did you buy from? most people here do vectors

Where to cop smug Tohru?

Yes, all good

I got an email confirming it was shipped, thanks.
Any idea how long shipping to Canada is?

Explain pls

Redbubble

>redbubble

>>redbubble

I'm new to this pls explain
Are the sticksrs gonna look like shit?

white outlines, generally shit quality for stickers, if you're going to put it on your car it isn't going to last long.

I only really had plans for one of them on the car but I guess not anymore
Maybe I can use the art and have someone else die cut it

I feel retarded for worrying now that Notori delivered. Holy shit, they have the best shipping I've seen.

Not a sticker, but I did stick it to my helmet.

Hey can any of Veeky Forumsurguys do large size one offs? I want a decal down the length of my car right above the rocker panels, Porsche dealer wants 500 bucks a side for the OEM decal. I'm not about to pay 1 grand for that.

Pic related except my car isn't a hot wheel. I want the PORSCHE going down the side along with the striped but maybe with some custom colours, not sure yet.

If anyone is able to print something that big let me know and we can definitely work something out over the next weeks, I'm too busy with work to do it immediately, though.

talk to bad decisions he has a cutter.

Does he do high quality stuff? I just don't want to put the money to get some rasterized, poor fitting stuff that will fall off the car after some light track use.

I checked their site briefly and I'm definitely a fan of some of his designs, just want to make sure the quality is good and will hold up.

He uses heavy vinyl for his diecuts so they will hold up, not an issue, it's the design work that he has to take the time to do, and he has other obligations.

Your best bet is to contact someone who doesn't have a second job and is able to do that design work, then just paying someone with a cutter to cut it. (It won't cost more than $100 to do both sides honestly) - $150 if you pay them for the design work.

There's no graphics involved. it's just a vector cut. no pixellation or nothing because he isn't printing, he's cutting.
and yeah his cutter is calibrated like it should be

wheres backyard tuners at?

>ordered "i brake for kouhais" slap on 9/22
>still have not received

Cool, thanks guys. I will reach out to him soon, I don't really care about waiting. I think I can design these one's in illustrator myself and then just have him print em and cut em.

pester his email, either lost in shipping or its lost on his end.