Redpill me on Waze

How good is the navigation?
How well does work for tracking police?
Which emoticon is the best one?
etc...

It's pretty good imo but it does dumb things from time to time, also it doesn't seem to recognize the actual speed in streets full of speed bumps and stop/yied signs.
It works well with highway police, there's always comments if they're ticketing or just parked doing nothing,
Speedy of course

Pretty good for traffic overall. Don't use if you mind making zig-zaggy turns (it does this to avoid big main streets which are congested). I find it's estimates to be accurate, and you can beat the time by a few minutes if you are speedy

its good. you can put sunglasses on your little car icon so all the other wazers know your a cool cat

I switched to waze after I got sick of google maps being incredibly slow, burning my battery life and heating up my phone after only 20 minutes of driving.

the app works well but its a shitty idea altogether
>people have a problem texting and driving
>lets make an app for people to use WHILE they're driving
what can go wrong

The app doesn't constant interaction. You just leave it there.

doesn't require*

>captcha: phone only

iirc, most of their directions come from google maps

actually, most of the directions in google maps come from waze

This. Waze got bought out by jewgle. Can't have a map app competition no sir.

I just want a better way to prevent speeding tickets, Waze feels fairly accurate. Fucking Lidar ruining radar detection feelsbadman.

WAZE is great for finding cops, hands down. There are always people reporting them.
Essential on road trips.

a day or 2 after hurricane harvey i used it and it took me to a road that was still underwater. i uninstalled it as i was turning around.

fyi police are aware of what waze is and either move or say there's a cop further down from where they are

are you retarded

>Which emoticon is the best one?
there should be a designated Veeky Forums emoticon

like a black guy with a big ass fro

The cops think they're slick by muddying the waters with a couple reports but if you know they're in the general area you'll slow down anyways, like they really think I'm stupid enough to speed until the second I see the cop.

>even implying it could be anything other than a twingo

To add a ticker for a nearby cop, do you have to drive and manually tell Waze there's a cop nearby?

Waze is great for traffic, reasonably good for navigation, and probably the best app for tracking cops/speed traps, however it's not foolproof. It's only as good as its users. If you're driving down a country road at 1am with no one else on the road chances are any speed traps set up won't be reported, sometimes cops are very well hidden and people won't report it if they don't see it, and some cops actually use waze and delete any markers people leave over their hiding place though this is pretty rare. Also waze doesn't protect you against roving cops using their radar in moving mode so there's that.

Coupling waze with a radar detector is much better than using it alone. Waze + radar detector, plus laser jammers is virtually foolproof but it'll be expensive and is probably overkill most of the time unless you live in or regularly commute through a state with very heavy laser use.

You have to be at the spot to add anything to it, can't take it from afar
Some people even add pictures to the spot

So they drive and input information into Waze at the same time? Sounds a bit dangerous if they don't let you put in info from afar.

The interface is fairly simplified to minimize the danger. There are also some gesture and touch shortcuts that you can configure to make certain types of posts automatically on a double tap or a three fingered tap or stuff like that. I think it also supports voice commands too.

half of the reports I see on waze I never see on the read. people just make them to get the 'waze' points or whatever. eh, I don't reall care for it.