Press F to pay respects

-$680 million in losses in this quarter alone
-only made 280 cars in the billion dollar' giga factory' after launching the model 3
-Congress is set to kill the massive tax refunds customers get for buying Tesla.
-Stock crashed 7%
-Manufacturing is a disaster, cars have shipped with massive problems, some literally missing seats

Other urls found in this thread:

caseyresearch.com/tesla-only-made-260-cars-last-quarter-big-trouble-ahead/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why would i pay respects to this awful company

This

Best Hellcat beater ever

I want an electric ute

No wonder Musk wants to go to Mars, he'll be able to escape his investors there.

This.

S

SHAME
H
A
M
E

good fucking riddance

wewlad.

What does this mean for Tesla now?

Tesla itself fucked up. No, it isn't the end of Tesla, all car companies fuck up horrendously, but it is a huge speed bump in both Tesla and full electric automotive manufacturing. Which I personally think is a shame. I feel like if we can just break past lithium ion batteries and move on to the next design change that moves us into the future, electric vehicles will be the best thing ever.

Personally, I wouldn't mind driving an all electric vehicle in 20-30 years when electric vehicles are actually awesome.

F

Other brands are making electric cars no problem. And they're beating Tesla at their own game.

beat this dicke like a game btich

man shut up

Elon musk is a charlatan and a snake oil salesman hes just rehashing ideas from 100 years ago as if they're innovative and the public eats his shit and calls it a platter of pure genius. There are no Fs to give

I'm a TSLA investor and lost literally thousands of dollars on this earnings report. It sucks, if you're a swing trader, but if you're holding long term it's barely a blip in the chart. I'll hold SOXL (a triple leveraged semiconductor ETF) for a few weeks to make up the 10% loss, but in 10 years I'm still confident my TSLA shares will payoff big.

PS EV subsidies help TSLA, since it drives up the price of their shitty competition (bolts, leafs, etc) just as much, giving them an advantage.

How much ya got invested familia

>shitty competition (bolts, leafs, etc)

You mean the competition that can produce a working car?

Looking forward to a future where we run out of cobalt and nickel thanks to the massive rush to push electric vehicles, leaving a massive supply gap where everyone wants an electric car but no one can build them any more. Same goes for everyone's phones, laptops, tablets, etc, since they all share similar battery tech now.

Here's something to think about for a possible future, though:

Hydrogen.

I don't mean fuel cells, though. Hydrogen typically has issues running in piston engines because even low compression ratios can make it pre-ignite, but there's one engine that can actually work around this particular issue.

Starts with an R, ends with a dorito.

That's right, rotary engines WILL make a comeback, get ready for it Veeky Forums. In 30 years time we'll be the smart ones driving around in RX-whatevers and mid-engine rotary Corvettes, while everyone else is stuck taking the bus because there's a 10 year delay on their electric shitbox.

source?

Have you ever been in a Model S? It's half fancy materials, half cheap materials shotgunned all over the interior. The doors sound and feel like a Ford Fiesta when you shut them.
Musk has no idea what he is doing. He thinks building cars is the same as making a tablet.
There are no respects. Tesla is a fucking disaster that never would have gone anywhere with out the current atmosphere of investing billions in 'unicorns'. I'm going to have some fancy beer the day Mercedes or Porsche blows them the fuck out.

>B O I P U C C I

You mean the competition that has been dominating Formula 1 and LeMans with hybrid cars for a combined 10 championships?

This user gets it. The only way the future is going to work is if we use solar thermal or hydroelectric to re-purify these elements from recycled power cells.
-or-
We have less people.

time to invest my life saving in tesla shares now that is in the low

>We have less people.
Barring some horrendous SHTF catastrophe, this is unlikely to ever happen while there's still third world countries, or even just ones like China and India.

First chance I get, I'm going for offworld colonization.

There has never been this level of overpopulation with out some kind of plague. Economic, war, disease, its going to happen.

>make a car designed specifically for reddit
>doesn't realise that redditors are broke art grads and have no money
Lmao
Antibiotic resistant gonorrhoea when?

>no gear rowing
>shiggy diggy

press hahaha for hahaha

hahaha

/r/wsb

wwwwww

lol
Toyota's decision was right

This. Tesla aren't the only electric car maker anymore. You can now buy electric cars from a ton of brands that are assembled just as well as any other car, not like Silicon Valley buzzword disasters.

what's the point of the tiny window next to the mirror?

I dunno, It's a common trend with electric and hybrid cars.

It's necessitated by the low sloping windshield which in turn is necessitated to lower aerodynamic drag. If you closed up the window area you'd suddenly create gigantic blind spots for city driving, and making the doors longer isn't really an option either a) because of the immediately adjacent front wheels and b) because larger doors require even more space to comfortably open in parking lots. The question is why wouldn't you have a window there? In fact I'd also like to have more windows behind the rear doors as well. The rear pillars of hatchbacks are annoyingly large sometimes.

Rest in piss

Kekkles

>It's half fancy materials, half cheap materials shotgunned all over the interior
No matter how fancy Musk makes Tesla sound, its still an American car through and through.

>I'll hold SOXL (a triple leveraged semiconductor ETF) for a few weeks to make up the 10% loss
Why not go all in on SOXL if such a great investment?

Did you mean shame or sham?

implying it won't be bailed out and subventioned to life by the gov like every single tech giant in the usa.

Musk was too ambitious by half. I like the cars Tesla made, they just bit off more than they could chew. Electric cars are still going to be niche for at least another decade, trying to rapidly increase production and having 3 different models right now is a complete waste. The demand just isn't there and you can only burn through capital for so long.

Uh I work for Renesas. Sales of MCUs and MPUs are slowing down. Qualcomm is getting sued out the ass and has lost NXP/Freescale. Nvidia is sucking balls everywhere except graphics.

Intel is facing new margin pressures from AMD.

Why all in in SOXL genius?

>not posting the one with the response

Musk doesn't actually give a fuck about the auto Industry. It's only there to finance his other endeavors.

>some literally missing seats

Spending all that time on gawker blogs, reddit and Veeky Forums.

Think about how you're throwing your life away, it's still not too late.

Yeah, that article is literal clickbait/fake news. All car companies do that; they send unfinished cars to service centers to them be completed with newer parts or whatnot for the customer. Anyone that thinks it’s something horrible that tesla is doing either
A) only reads the headlines and spouts antitesla propaganda
B) is a fucking moron

>Antibiotic resistant gonorrhoea when?

now, actually

I thought nvidia was doing good with that free driving automobile shit based on their tegra 1000watt abortion

I thought nvidia was doing good with that free driving automobile shit based on their tegra 1000watt abortion

dobs4trooth

>offworld colonization
you’ll be dead by then
even if it happened in your lifetime, you really think you’re wealthy enough to be one of the first to do so?

You'd be naive to buy a Tesla over a Chevy or Ford electric imo. Chevy and Ford have a vastly superior supply chain, assembly plants, and service centers.

Bwahahaha, rest in piss, electrofags

Now, just close Tesla, and bring back Saab

>Manufacturing is a disaster, cars have shipped with massive problems, some literally missing seats
Post pics, I want a good laugh.

What is this? Some kind of a shill network? How come there are two identical replies posted at exactly the same time?

rest in piss

see
it's a common practice in the automotive industry.

Damn

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

More like press S to spit on grave

>number of times people have screamed TESLA IS DOOMED
>number of times they've been right
wait an see

>lol the roadster will fail
>lol the model s will fail
>lol the model x will fail
>lol the battery packs will fail
>lol they will fail after the solarcity merger
>lol they will fail after the UAW drama
>lol the gigafactory will fail
>lol the model 3 will fail..(?)

Musk has said he'll hold onto his fuckton of TSLA stock to the very bitter end. If it comes to it he'll prop up tesla until the cashflow improves. But that's a long ways away.

I'm not going to die tho. I'm either uploading my conscience to a computer or having my body rejuvenated with future medicine

>living in denial
I'm glad to see others deny death as much as I do. It helps ease the panic and stress you get long-term from death realization.

>tfw no electric miata

>wanting a miata that weighs an extra 1000 lbs

shit nm, didn't know they were so heavy

The only successful venture Elon Musk had was because of Peter Thiel.

>trading heavier after a bad trade

Yep, press K for Kek instead

I'm not the guy who originally asked but have a you for explaining that.

Elon pls go.

That isn't really true. Other companies are making electric cars that require 8+ hour charging at home through a specific hook up. They go 0-60 in about 12 years and are small and cheap as fuck. Tesla is a high end electric vehicle. Like comparing a stock civic to a Porche 911.

Tesla will do fine now that they figured out all their stupid. Many companies just starting out make mistakes. They are going to turn it around soon. Remember, the vehicles are just a small portion of the company's full worth.

European countries and Asian megacities banning ICE's will be their salvation.

You can sell $100,000 cars in Norway, Shanghai, etc. all day.

GM could have had a hit here if the styling wasn't so off.

Yes goy electric bad oil and gas good!

Does the Tesla 'advantage' come down to anything besides sticking $50k worth of batteries in each car?

WTF happened to Cadillac and Lincoln??

>it's considered a luxury car based on its price

Test drive a Tesla and their competitors and find out for yourself. Tesla completely dominates electric despite not advertising and having almost no automaking experience because they built a car that people actually want to, aspire to, and are proud to own. Every other manufacturer can't seem to understand that to sell electric cars they have to shake the stigma of being a weird little golf cart that you sell to frugal hippies.

Other manufacturers have to figure out how to make a profit from electric cars; Tesla doesn't have to worry about that since they can burn through investor money.

Arguably Tesla's existence is delaying the adoption of electric cars, since it makes those with a realistic business model uncompetitive.

The title says Luxury cars.

Dumb post. Other car companies aren't going through exponential growth. Tesla makes money on every car sold and you can easily verify that as they are a publicly owned company with quarterly earnings reports.

i just realized the tesla logo looks like a low cut crotchless thong

Rekt but also true

>what is asteroid mining

How are they losing so much money then?

It's all capital investment?

>so much
How much is "so much"? They were building 500 cars a year 6 years ago. They are trying to build over a million cars a year, as well as doing all service, sales, having a worldwide charging network, and a solar and energy storage division. Nobody is confused why they aren't posting quarterly profits except retards on Veeky Forums.

My uncle is an electric engineer and built an electric one for shits and gigs. Weighed 1.8 tonne and he cracked the chassis first time we went full throttle.

>defending the now complete annihilation of the american car industry
why are ameriblobmutts so fucking dumb

caseyresearch.com/tesla-only-made-260-cars-last-quarter-big-trouble-ahead/

What is your link supposed to show me? I didn't open it because I can already tell from the title it's clickbait. Tesla made 25k cars last quarter.

I don't know much about Tesla I just thought it was an interesting article

I don't know much about Tesla I just thought it was an interesting article

Is Tesla™ on suicide watch?

Why are electric cars being shilled so hard all of a sudden? It isn't an environmental thing as they still have a horrible production process and the materials that go in the batteries are finite resources just like oil, so it is just moving the problem somewhere else?