/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Synthwave Edition.

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>A discord you can use:
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Icr9wjqyXs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How are you supposed to fly the Do 335?

when ?

Either dont or make enemies stall then hocus pocus

havent played in forever.
is germany still clubbing everything at tier 4 tonks?

how the fuck do I fight Spitfires in my Yak?

You play actually good Soviet planes

How are you supposed to spade the 335 A-1? It can't hunt bombers because of an apparent pilot snipe bug, and it can't go toe to toe with any fighter.

Is this trashmobile just a pure ground pounder?

but I like Yaks, they are the prettiest soviet props

It's supposed to be good in high altitude but have fun climbing with that monstrocity

95% of the time when people say "X plane is shit" they're just bad at the game. But the 355 is actually garbage. I hear it's only good for CAS on tanks but I don't play tanks much and when I do, I don't play nazis.

Well then the only thing you can do as a Yak is have a speed advantage over them or they somehow fuck up and you outmaneouvre them.

I mean, I know its a heavy fighter converted from what shoulda been a schnellbomber, and so I'd THINK its roll should be CAS or bomber hunting.

But in the latter category, getting pilot sniped is happening a good 80% of the time, no matter HOW I approach the bomber. The fact that it can't even perform alongside the 410s is incredibly frustrating.

>getting pilot sniped is happening a good 80% of the time, no matter HOW I approach the bomber.
I'm sorry but git gud. I can see if your complaint was that it's hard to even get to bombers because the plane is a fat piece of shit but if you're able to get to them you should be able to kill them with that armament. Look at what bomber you're trying to kill, what armament it has, where the guns are, and figure out where's the best angle to attack from. Repeat. t

Bomberhuting isn't rocket science and it's easy exp unless it's a Pe-8 or IL-28, then fuck that.

I almost always go hunting for bombers while I've been grinding out the shitalian tree because it's free experience and I cant' remember the last time I was killed by a bomber except the few time I get my engine hit and it overheats forcing me to bail if I can't make it back to the airbase.

Yea see you really need to fly this plane to understand what I'm talking about. I didn't get this far sitting on the six of bombers.

As for armament: You mean the 1 (ONE!) 30mm? Cuz the 2x15mm might as well not exist.

I asked my question in the first place because its very apparent that pilot sniping is happening far more frequently than it should. Either the plane is laughably underarmored, or there's a bug.

"bomber hunting" is a meme in a game in which planes are supposed to intercept bombers in a map where teams take off 20 or 25 km apart. If your plane doesn't climb like a fucking rocket you're not hunting any bombers until they've dumped their load and are returning to base, providing they don't just keep climbing and hide in low orbit. And even if you outclimb a t4 american bomber, by the time you hit its altitude you'll be almost stalling and combat ineffective

>German 5.7
>Every game is an uptier to 6.7
>Team full of 6.3+ tanks, mostly cent mk3 vs team full of Tiger I and one or two Tiger II (P)/(H) tanks
gud mem, gayjew

Panther D a shit

>If your plane doesn't climb like a fucking rocket you're not hunting any bombers until they've dumped their load and are returning to base
Plenty of planes can reach bombers. Also it depends on the map. Norway for example, is easier to do it on because of the airspawn.

I dunno what problem you're having, but getting TO the bombers with sufficient energy is not an issue I'm having at all on most maps.

>activate 100% RP booster
>play very carefully
>suddenly hear engines
>XP-50 materializes behind me and vaporizes me
Every. Fucking. Time.

In arcade, where things like "bomber hunting" and "targets of opportunity" actuall exist

>arcade

I'd rather shove a pineapple up my ass.

Is the C.202EC severely undertiered because of it's armament? Some guy is giving me shit for using it

>Ru nigger teleportational drives and cloaking devices
when will owning this vehicle result in an automatic permaban?

>it-1 rktenjpz hot killing you over hills unable to die to conventional rounds or your atgms
xD

>not liking fun

>arcade is fun

>Some guy is giving me shit for using it
People have been giving anyone using Italian planes shit since day one of patch 1.69, it's just babbys who don't have the planes and thus don't know how to fight against them and think they are overpowered.

>Puma
>Armoured Car
>18 HP/ton
>13 degree max inclination

>T17E2
>SPAA
>16 HP/ton
>23 degree max inclination

[Spoiler]sekrit documint)))))))))

>it's just babbys who don't have the planes and thus don't know how to fight against them
Like ~50% of them are unlocked for everyone now.

>Never played any of the 6.0 panthers
have fun fighting is6s alongside jumbo shermans ))))))

>overmatch is still a thing
>transmission fires are still a thing
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

>Never played
Nah m8, I stopped playing those.

>play teeb 6.7
>get uptiered
>either fighting slavniggers or they're nowhere to be seen
>get downtiered
>they're on our side every time
))))))))))))

>when KV-2 shoots just right
youtube.com/watch?v=8Icr9wjqyXs

Its incredible how tankmode started out as almost perfect, but then gradually turned unbearable shit patch by patch. PvE missions could have salvaged it, but gaijins utter laziness and inherited slavnigger stupidity fucked that up too.

>tfw the best point of tanks was the CBT

Just let me have a good game today gaijin

better balance than realistic desu. You can play USA planes and still win. It's not always fun when it's a guaranteed loss or win just depending on which side you play as, which is the case for most maps in realistic.

git gud

How do I fly a P-51D-30 against zeros and japs?

Principality of Belka tree when?

You don't

American planes are garbage in this game

MM is fucking glorious for ))) atm because of all of the downtiers as of late

>woops lost your plane for a second now is in ground))))))
>2 minute crew lock bad piloting (((((((

>bout to lose the match
>nukes itself

Holy shit, this plane is probably the best I've every played. I've got double ace and triple ace in several matches with this thing in the short time I've had it. It's too easy.

Fly fast and high, never turnfight.
Get good, scrub.

>Fly fast and high, never turnfight.
This is how you get killed by a J2M or Ki-84.

>J2M
You can literally turnfight them, or outrun if you so prefer
>Ki-84
Just outrun

>never turnfight
>jk just turnfight
See, you can't be so general.

I really wanted to know why the fuck i have all these long streaks of losses all the time.

>be in a game
>the whole team can't cap one single point out of 3
>i get 9 kills and get fucked by the entire enemy team
>look up stats of teammates
>most are lvl9-15 noobs
>a guy with lvl 86
>J30BLACKWOLF
>35k matches
>7k kills
>100 fucking days played in GF arcade mode
>enemy has 3-4 veteran players with solid winrate and kill count

The fuck is that?! My team always gets noobs bots and legit retards and i have to carry the entire match alone. Sick and tired of that shit.
How can some players keep winrate over 60% is beyond me.

They balance matches off of the average BR of the opposing team. You probably got the bad draw of having shit players.

SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE THEY RAISE IT TO 4.0

Are all Italian planes like this?

*fabs*

>35k matches
>level 86
I've played like 20k and I'm almost level 100
how is someone that bad

It's a nice plane. I'm 22k RP from earning ACE qualification for it. G.55 is also pretty fun, with Bf 109 engine, great manouverability and 3 Minengeschoß dispensers

You can out-run dog-fighters (e.g. spits).
Conversely; you can out-turn energy fighters.
So you play against each enemy's strength!

I'm level 91, but I'm pretty bad at tanks, because I mostly play planes.
At least I play tanks to play tanks, not to cap, j-out and spam 1000lbs from under wings

tfw trying to level t4 tonks as kraut

You enjoying that constant rain of rockets brah?
Ain't it super fun when the first guy you kill just revengebombs you like the buttmad teeb/amerifat/slavshitter he is?
How about that CQC city combat against tanks with stabilizers?

I hope they adjust the BR at some point, I'm enjoying it until then.

italian bias lol!

Why is this plane so fun to use? All the other italian planes are not so fun.

>only 3-4 kd in a reserve biplane
lmao how bad can you be

>1.3BR freebie premium
>reserve

>Germans are finally suffering like everyone else
Good, just remember every time you get rocketed by a firefly, or penned through the UFP by a stabilized centurion while you wait for your gun to center that you deserve this, 4 years Germans have clubbed in GF, and British tanks are the chemo.

>assmad nazitards
>20pdr going through a tiger UFP
also love peeking over a hill and being able to take a shot and pull back without stopping, and still managing to hit exactly where I want
stabilizers were the best thing to ever happen to this game

>anti ship guns still incapable of damaging ships
Why?

Between stabilizers and smoke British tanks can pull some crazy bullshit that nothing else can, not to mention HESH styling on tier V Soviet heavies. They really did build a hard counter to every tank into the British tree.
>tfw dipshit in his T-10M keeps bouncing APHE off every part of my Chieftain while I just ignore him

just bring a reserve into your lineup and if your heavy isnt 400 or 450 sp just spawn in that then j out and repeat

>gaijin "improves" performance on city maps
>I get 2fps when I used to get 60
also what the fuck is the point of those AI on fucking cologne, they serve no purpose but to fuck with people's performance

>Balance issues are the reason there should be balance issues
Literally cancer.

centurion 3 turret returned to it's previous state when
>being bad
>not being good

>Previous state
What was it like before

Less weak spots but overall thicker, but more importantly it couldn't be phased through by a wirblewind.

Also has anyone else noticed the little but of 100mm armor behind the mantlet? I feel like that's not performing properly.

lacking a lot of weakspots it has now

I'll just switch nations to git gud real quick.

We're beyond caring about balance, that shit went out the window when Gaijin thought the Easy 8 deserved the same BR as a Tiger and Panther, or that the 76mm Jumbo was equal to the Tiger II. This is about giving nazisharts like you what you deserve, and this is what you deserve.

>mfw grinded out nazisharts when they were ez
>now I'm grinding out teebs when they're ez

>Gaijin's idiocy justifies Gaijin's idiocy
>Being a slav mudnig enabler
>Being a teeb
>Being cancer

Just off yourself

Nah, I'll just keep shitting on you every match ;^)

The joke's on you, I'm a teeb myself ;^)

And I enjoy the cancer while it lasts

Any hack yet?
>Fucking noob kys
I've been playing War thunder for 5 years now

>being bad enough to need hacks
you're effectively a noob
kill yourself

Check this link out.
____Play brits__&___git gud____________

>not getting good after 5 years
kys

>This thread
You can try Enable Arcade system on RB mode with Add Address Manually Pointer.

>0x1f7

So you don't have spot enemy hiding in the bush anymore.

when?

>I've been playing War thunder for 5 minutes now
much better

>being so blind you can't spot people

>I've been playing War thunder for 5 years now
And you're still such a scrub that you need hacks? lmao.

Speaking of weird British shit, is there any early cold war light tank/TD that they could get to equal the RU/M56/906/Type 60? It's something really missing from high tier brits and I don't really know if anything would fit. There's really only the Charioteer and that's another shitty cromwell chassis.

there is this

>posted from hard to use Nazi doom railgun

That would be pretty dank actually, assuming they go with the L7 version, with a 20 pounder it wouldn't be much better.

this is the closest thing I can think of

>mfw played 6 battles with cents
>6 easy wins

>Tiger H1
>Hard to use
Nah.
>doom railgun
Sure, if it wouldn't get uptiered to 6.7 99 % of the time.