Why spend 100+ grand on a "track special" car like a Viper ACR or 911 GT3 RS when a shifter kart is cheaper and is as...

Why spend 100+ grand on a "track special" car like a Viper ACR or 911 GT3 RS when a shifter kart is cheaper and is as massively faster?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/76rZHZO4ATY?t=301
youtube.com/watch?v=JyMmX_ChQb8
trackcars.com/rc01
youtu.be/w7BR0gwt46E?t=1m30s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think the problem is occurs when most people who buy those performance-dedicated vehicles just like to show off on the street instead of testing at the track.

You can't show up at the club in a go-kart and get looks .

>He goes to tracks
Look at this cuckboy legal eagle

What exactly makes a shifter car faster than a sports car? Asking for a friend.

Lightweight, no restrictive safety regulations, 100% grip

>go-kart

Uh oh...don't call them that, those faggots that race them will get pissed, I've seen it

The production car record on Laguna Seca is the Viper ACR at 1:28. A 250cc Superkart will do it in 1:23, that's even faster than GT3. Mostly because they don't weigh anything.

>not building your own track toy from scratch

How much faster is it on the Nurburgring.

Go karts aren't street legal and suck at higher speed tracks

Slower because their top speed is low.

>0.25L
Wait, for real? You sure it's not a bit more?

But friction is F = uN so weight shouldn't really matter since friction increases along with weight.

Nice physics.

Then why not make sports car out of tungsten then?

>what is rotation
>what is tire temps and wear
>what is downforce
>what is kg/hp

f = uN is also simple friction which tires don't actually follow.

>He actually races on purpose-built tracks

Get a load of this beta-cuck nuMale NiggerFaggot.

Impressive you managed to use your entire vocabulary in one sentence

I ran a Briggs 206 kart for a bit in college. But between being a full time student and working almost 30hrs a week, I wasn't able to dedicate as much time to it in between races as I wanted to.
Even as a low level class it was awesome though. It had really slow acceleration but when you got up to speed you just had to keep momentum up by braking through corners while keeping the throttle down to keep the RPM's up so skids happened sometimes
youtu.be/76rZHZO4ATY?t=301
>(not me)

leave physics to those who can handle it

Lateral load transfer

I'm reasonably sure he was being sarcastic

fpbp

>he didn't make his car out of osmium
>laughingF1champions.jpg

u changes with a large variety of conditions and N is also affected by downforce

This looks fun to ride

until you realize your ass is about half an inch off the ground as you hurtle towards a corner at 125MPH

>you can't show up at the club
>implying anons go anywhere near a nightclub
Those are some heavy implications there

It's just a fast kart so I can see the appeal

lol kart racers are so gay

the ones i know all live inside sim racing games and claim.kart racing owns because its cheap and 'real' racing but they spend their car money on videogames because theyre man children

have you ever seen a fight at the kart races? those guus will walk around in their spandex and literally carry their kart over and huff and puff like little cucks lmao

>Reddit
>
>
>
>
>spacing

>porsche owner beat by kart

wtf does that mean

why should this make it less fun?

This thing costs half what the viper does and would smoke it on a tight track. You could also daily it if you don't live in a cuckhole and have a desire to torture yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=JyMmX_ChQb8

m8 250cc is insane, have you ever driven a 125cc?
125 is already fast as fuck, with proper tyres, suspensions, steering rack and diff it pulls a lot of lateral force and takes real skill to use at its full potential
250cc karts are another world, it's borderline formula cars
people's perception is too fucked up from reading online magazines of "super fast" cars that have ungodly horsepower ratings and cost millions and lose contact with what the reality of motorsport is

if the karts are 2-stroke it doesn't surpise me

250cc 2-stroke GP bikes were pushing 100 hp at the wheels and 120kg curb weight.

What the fuck is your pic? The thing that costs half the viper and would destroy it at the track? It looks like the unholy union of a 318ti and a S4

It's a tracking rc01. The come in BMW, Mercedes and Audi styles. It would have to be a really tight track as it's only got 200ish hp.

Because you're less likely to day in a car with a roll cage.

Give me a rapid summary of the RC01 plz

trackcars.com/rc01

Gixxer powered
450kg
Pushrod suspension

Basically a fancy go kart.

Very nice, but now I see why you posted the TT01
>Busa Motor with 220hp
>480kg
fuark

>pushrods
lmao

why by a go kart or a track day car when a $10k litre bike is faster than both

Because I'd rather not die

not in corners tho

If you have an insane amount of skill. Most squids on sport bikes can't get close to even the 0-60 time. Your average sport bike vlogger would die on the first turn of the IOM TT if they tried to keep up.

waay over 100bhp..
I have a stock 250 with 72bhp...
two stroke is magic!

bikes are significantly faster in corners than anything on 4 wheels you mong

[citation needed] you fucking fag.

lol no

An amateur in a shifter kart went 1:23 around Laguna Seca, the Moto GP record qualifying time is 1:21. F1 cars go under 1:10. Amateurs at track days on liter bikes can't even run faster than Spec Miatas most of the time.

>what is an F1 car
you must be the single dumbest person on this entire board

I hate to agree with a tripfag, but when he is right, he is right.

oh fuck Im actually wrong sorry I always just assumed bikes were faster

Re

Get out

If want to learn anything from this retarded statement: don't call people names before you are certain you are going to come on top.

bikefag here.

you're a moron and i hope trolling.

bikes have acceleration and kind of top end. 4 wheels have corners for sure.

Rip user, he crashed his go-kart mid sentence

>mid sentence
what do you mean by this?

the "le reddit spacing meme" guy is trying to say you leave spaces in between your sentences when they're isn't any reason to do so

like this
I drop down a line when I mean to start a new paragraph

I usually leave a space if I'm referring to someone else or or starting a new discussion, asking a new question etc.

why does he only clutch for the downshifts?

Didn't watch the video but sounds like a dog ring/sequential box, you can upshift without the clutch but only if you are on the gas at higher RPM

no he's saying that user leaves too much space

like this

see?

Brb building the universe

shifter kart will annihilate your neck muscles though. Prepare to be looking vertically at corners.

Normal people tend to divide posts longer than few sentences to paragraphs.

Ackshwally, F1 cars could potentially go sub 1 minute at meme seca.

youtu.be/w7BR0gwt46E?t=1m30s

and the video of a test driver going 1:06 is proof of this somehow?

Test drive, not a champion driver, in antiquated equipment.

If you were to set the likes of Hamilton, Vettel or Alonso loose on that track with the might of, say, Mercedes behind them, in full quali trim, not worried about binning it, I think they could crack into 59 seconds.

>go fast AND get neck gains

wow why state this like a bad thing