American cars are piles of garbage

American cars are piles of garbage

>MUH V8
>MUH BIG BLOCK

European cars are literally better in every single way. We have advanced engineering, and you people are just fucking neanderthals, too fucking STUPID to advance to the higher planes of automotive engineering

Americans, for some weird reason, only seem to care about going fast in a straight line (yet they're not even the best at that - the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport has the record for fastest production car)

They don't seem to understand the idea of handling at all. They don't understand suspension, they don't understand weight distribution and balance. The first time they built a mid-engined supercar was in the year 2000 - the Saleen S7 - and it was designed, and originally manufactured, by A BRITISH COMPANY!!!

Europeans and Japanese manufacturers are making the most advanced supercars in the world, with turbochargers and hybrid systems to extract MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE in ALL SITUATIONS - in a straight line, round corners, accelerating from standstill, etc.

That's another thing Americans don't really understand - downforce. Do wind tunnels even exist over there? Europeans and the Japanese have been excelling at high downforce cars for fucking donkey's years. We understand that higher downforce = higher cornering speed. But Americans seem to be completely oblivious to this in the design of their """performance""" cars.

For instance, why are Americans incapable of building anything as advanced as the McLaren P1, or the LaFerrari, or the Porsche 918?

America is literally in the stone ages while the rest of the world is pushing at the very frontiers of automotive engineering.

Pic related is a car that is too advanced for Americans to even UNDERSTAND, let alone build.

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/a10206846/meet-the-man-who-daily-drives-a-725000-mile-1976-porsche-911-turbo/
heritage.org/index/ranking
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How many times does Snek have to beat you until you understand, old man?

>this delusional

can't even do a sub 7 minute laptime around the ring

We let the europoors and asians compete in the automotive arena so we can do more fulfilling shit like engineering rockets and defending freedom. Poverty-tier b8, mein non-proflig8

>"I'm a small lonely virgin, please reply to my shitty bait copypasta thread Veeky Forums

sage

American cars are awesome, go away stupid bait

>t. British man with Japanese cars

>implying it's bait

tldr

It took millions of dollars in R&D to develop a car costing 800k apiece using space age technology including extensive carbon fiber usage, DCT, hybrid drivetrain, and active aero to barely edge out a nearly 30 year old engine architecture based on a truck motor developed in the 1960s shoved into a 3000lb shell of steel and fiberglass assembled by Jethro's Trailer Park Racing Team and you think that makes your continent the superior automotive developer?

Why are Europeans so concerned with being “””better””” than America?

We’re not concerned about you at all.

umm try again sweetie :)

To be so vastly inferior to those around you and to be aware so viscerally has truly driven you insane.

More embarrassing if it's not, desu.

>mfw it was this easy

>people unironically fucking fell for this zero effort b8 copypasta
This board fucking deserves Prezo, Soviet and Alphonse.

First off that car loks like a fucking Transformer and looks stupid

Secondly American car builders factor in servicability and how many miles on the odo a car can take. 25k miles may be the kiss of death on some Euro hyper-twin-turbocharged car but on an American car it counts as "barely used." Plus they don't cost $5k - $10k to change a fucking timing belt.

And you cite cars that at the end of the day are nothing but occasional playtoys. They're not daily drivers because they're not reliable to be daily drivers. At least with a Viper ACR or Corvette Z06 you can get a 200mph car that's still suitable for everyday use. Europe doesn't build its cars to last like it used to. Once they're out of warranty their values go to shit hard due to the maintenance costs and unreliability that's tangent to what's on the odometer.

>newfaggots can't recognize false flag bait

>continent vs continent shitflinging is fun

>Prez/poo/

Prez/poo/ is on a lower category than me and alphonse

All three of you shit up every thread you're in with low effort bait and the same images and phrases over and over.

I'll stop sperging now.

That's such bullshit. Go away you fucking boomer.

someone is butthurt

>w-we're not even trying to compete guise
typical loser excuse

>misquoting so hard that you come up with a completely different sentence entirely unrelated to what I just said
Do you really need my validation that bad?

Find me ONE Euro sports car with an odo that matches that vette's odo, and I will concede to you

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/a10206846/meet-the-man-who-daily-drives-a-725000-mile-1976-porsche-911-turbo/
Wasn't really that hard.

>i-it's not what I meant!
don't worry friendo, the rest of the world will keep selling you the awesome cars you can't produce
we're nice like that

I will continue to not care about automotive advancements in Europe that you had nothing to do with, and can not afford, and continue driving affordable V8s as I please.

How come America's fastest car ever is built by a "trailer park racing team"?
Do you admit that Americans are literal rednecks?

>less HP than most shitboxes on Veeky Forums
Wow, I never really noticed how unimpressive old Porsches are

America
Freedom
Pick one.
heritage.org/index/ranking

>all these people responding to an obvious troll

Just more of the same guys, intense euro jealousy over the American Chad. Ignore it. Sage.

for someone who doesn't care you sure seem to put a lot of effort into finding mediocre comebacks

I think I'll keep my fun, reliable and cool vehicle over your electronic failure on wheels which becomes worthless after warranty ends, euroshitter

All these euros keep talking about some liberal made freedom index while I keep enjoying my firearms, standard capacity magazines, and gas guzzling V8s.

What use is your metric for freedom when it’s just a chart and nothing more?

>rates New Zealand and Australia above US
>both countries with incredibly restrictive firearms laws

wew lad, I have no beef with aussies

Oh they aren’t comebacks. I am simply stating that I don’t care about you and your dickwaving.

Your Ute looks goofy m8

can you state that you don't care one more time, just so we're sure?

Pretty much all old cars are really unimpressive by today's standards.

Nice pasta, have a (You)

Yep, americans are mighty cucked.

I know. I just always assumed old Porsches were fast. Guess I shouldn’t read into the name Turbo too much.

Oh look, another euro is still salty about the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Nah, I think you get it finally

5s 0-60
that's pretty fast

They were also very light compared to modern cars, and that RR layout meant massive amounts of traction. They were damn fast for their time.

I was looking over the list of American sports and supercars, when it hit me just how uncommon front engined hypercars are

>Oh look, another euro is still salty about the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans.
They don’t have to be salty about anything. They’re just always salty

I think everybody got it
keep """not caring""" and a good day to you sir

To be fair, everyone else understood it right away. You were the only one who seemed to have problems understanding. But I’m more than happy to send you on your way with a better understanding.

>the point
>your head
There is no such thing as an unarmed free citizen.

to be fair you missed his point

Aww the cuck is a retard as well.

>people replying to this thread

Our government is completely out of control.
There's no arguing against that.
No more than any other country on that list would be if they had the same resources.
At least we're better equipped for a real solution when they finally get to stomping around in their tall dark boots.

dude if you think you're gonna be able to overthrow your government with a few guns and non-auto rifles you're delusional
your police is more equipped than most armies are

Not all American cars have big block motors in them faggot. While I do agree that landbarges can't turn for shit, they have a charming personality to them. I love the style of the 60s chevys and their obnoxious fins, large steering wheel, and flat board dash. They are fun to drive in not because of performance, rather for the living Zeitgeist that is an all American car.

and white people have the audacity to tell a black person like myself they aren't all racists. baka

I hate how most Americans think that they live in a dictatorship. You have the most stable government system in the world. The federal government. Checked by three branches, one backed by representatives, one backed by philosophers, and the other backed by authority. It's the best decentralized centralized state

>what is Vietnam
>what is Afghanistan
>what is Iraq
>what is asymmetrical warfare?
I don't know shit about war, the post

most americans love japanese cars

european cars are so fucking boring a pretentious

cool bmw bro. have fun never redlining it because you don't know how and can't afford to fix it and just want a status symbol that makes entry level car enthusiasts think you know what you're doing. have fun getting passed by stock miatas at the track lmfao

Those places are also decentralized poor shitholes. 90% of Americans are far too comfy to do anything.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea and the system was well designed. Unfortunately over the last couple hundred years, particularly the last century, it has been slowly corrupted and twisted away from operating as originally intended. The checks and balances have been slowly eroded and are no longer functioning appropriately.

Government is a technology. The US government is one of the most successful experiments in human government in all recorded history. It's not perfect, however, and the time to take the learned lessons from the last two hundred years of experience and apply them to a new and improved system is quickly coming upon us.

Even the gentlemen responsible for designing the US government admitted that governments should be replaced on a semi-regular basis.

that a gtp?

>90% of Americans are far too comfy to do anything.

For now. And 10% is still 30,000,000 people my man.

>Ute
>Upside down

kek

Eurocuck insecurity thread
Nice projection
I bet you are a very happy boy

>comparing waging war in a distant country against a 100% hostile population on unknown terrain with home intervention
you don't know shit faggot

fuck off nigger sjw cuck, maybe you should leave the US so we could have lower crime rates

>falling for that bait
what has this board become

shit, just like niggers

racism outside of /b/ is against the rules

sorry

the day of the rake is coming

right, because waging war abroad in a 3rd world shithole is totally harder than keeping the peace here during an insurrection.

if the American military was told to fire on American citizens, a large chunk of us would say "yeah the constitution says no, gonna have to sit this one out" and go home. Another portion would probably join the resistance or whatever, which would be financed and supported by russia and china. Shit would be bad, like really bad.

Also I happen to know a little bit about this having led soldiers during counterinsurgency ops.

>implying the whole population of the US would rise at once
nah dude it will be at most a hundred rednecks at a time, call the national guard, rednecks surrender

>Also I happen to know a little bit about this having led soldiers during counterinsurgency ops.
sure m8

Cool to see we have fresh new bait after the Corvette v GTR threads.

When did this thread become /pol/

In the fucking OP, are you blind?

when /pol/tards decided to derail it because someone said things they don't like
as usual

Op was more /int/ worthy.
It became pol when fags started talking about US government

It's a cross-board shitshow either way- Fuck 'em all.

I remember /int when it was just banter and not pol tier. I think the old int is on /bant now

Wasn't /int/ /news/ first? Or was /pol/ /news/ first? I can't keep track of all these weird board things that have been happening for a while. The only worthwhile one was /mo/.

>implying the whole population of the US would rise at once
yeah I didn't say that. What I said was that the government doesn't have a guaranteed win in an insurgency in America, and most things we could do would make the situation worse.

The government destroys insurgencies all of the time. All you have to is label them as domestic terrorists and most Americans will agree with that statement.

Looks like an Acura Legend jump starting a Oldsmobile Alero

hardly any american cars have big blocks lol

whats this car called

right, its fine when it is small and we can handle it quickly, but if something large happened we would be in some real danger of ripping our country apart, I agree with you there

N O V 4
O
V

You mean today?

S/o/viet here, thanks for all the (You|OP)s they have increased in value compared to (You)s