Type R? Yes or No?

So Veeky Forums.

I've been offered a good price on a 2016 Civic Type R.

Test drove it, and absolutely loved it. It, in my opinion, felt more fun. and more sporty then an Audi S3 and Golf R of similar years. Plenty of grip, and I quite like the over styled looks.

My question is to you guys, should I get it? Or will I regret not getting an AWD equivalent in a few years time? The only cars I haven't tested that are similar are the Focus RS and the STi. (Local dealer didn't have an RS, and when I went to try the STi the battery was dead).

Whats your opinions Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FKXddOhL_E8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ask yourself. are you gay? if you are, then get the Honda.

Wait for the 2-door version

Why?

fpbp

Why not? The 2-door type-r will be what people will want if it ever comes out also. It’ll be lighter and probably faster

how old are you? are you OK driving the canonical boiracer car? (STI dethroned sry).

Yeah but you could be waiting for years.

Perhaps
If you really like it then go ahead and get it. Especially if you’re getting a good deal on it.

Pretty much all these cars are boyracer cars. So yes.

Don’t let Veeky Forums decide for you. It’s a radically mixed bag of tastes around here, and most of them are dogshit.
Just get it and don’t look back.

Just worried about say 4/5 years down the line, will I regret not getting an AWD rival with better longevity.

It's a really cool car OP

Awd only matters if skidz. Have a type R and become grippu racer.

I was surprised how well it gripped. Doesn't feel like a FWD car until you really push it.

Driveline seems impressive, but it looks like a swiss army knife blew itself open.

Also, expect every boy ricer from here to Japan challenging you to a stoplight dragrace.

I'd wait a year for the 2017. They changed a lot with the update

Stiffer suspension. A bit more power, and 6 seconds quicker round the Ring. But unless OP is going to the track all the time the FK2 and FK8 are pretty much the same.

wait a year? nigga it is 2017 and the 2017 model has been out for a while

You can skid just fine with a FWD car as long as you're not a shit driver.

Great car, only thing that turns me away is the styling. Go for it man.

The 2017/8 looks way better and has a more spacious interior.

Focus RS owner here.
Get whatever is fun for you to drive.
Even if you plan on driving in snow, as long as you have good winter tires, a FWD car is good enough in the snow.
I never bothered with the Type R because I come from a Honda family and wanted something different but I recommend you test drive the RS and see which one you like.
I've HEARD the RS has more pushback when you floor it from a stop, but the Type R has better highway pickup.

NOPE
youtu.be/FKXddOhL_E8

>not even the right model year

this video is fake