/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk about all things Sonic! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #812 - Emperor Metallix Edition

>Link CompilationSonic News<
Sonic Mania vids:
6 Minutes of Gameplay : youtu.be/uB9RP2SV8HY
Green Hill Boss : youtu.be/X1GZbQgtGLY
Chemical Plant : youtu.be/4TX2I3iUORQ
youtu.be/52UGIIIp9WE
Pre-order Trailer: youtu.be/wvD8NZN9Zsg

Sonic Forces vids:
Sonic Forces E3 trailer:
youtu.be/dprxYd_16Ck
7 minutes of Gameplay: youtu.be/fyTzm8WgtlE
Full level Gameplay: youtu.be/6g6_rRqjlCI
Avatar Gameplay: youtu.be/TJZfptketUc

>Drawfag/Writefag Idea WallsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw9wQojS0lxpbXpxRWZiOFNWSHM/view
youtube.com/watch?v=NLpYdISEq9k
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/881919189509824513
instagram.com/p/BWFC1wABPHt/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for speed

second for fast

Third for furious

fourth for team dark

Group of Shadow-like creatures: destroyed!

Seventh for Amy is cutest girl.

More Fleetway.
We're now on the so called "Death Egg" saga run. Effectively Robotnik's constant attempts to relaunch the Death Egg serve as the kind of series McGuffin for the S&K Fleetway story arc.

You may recall that after its discovery by Knuckles' embedded skull chip, Sonic and Co. abandoned their underground lair and disgused themselves as carnies.

I just had my mind blown. I've never before seen the 99 lives glitch with Rouge in Security Hall.

Bob Beaky is Fleetway Sonic's alter-ego / disguise. Or is it like Superman and sonic is the disguise? Normally in soviet attire, Beaky features a top hat and innuendo here.

At least they're lamp-shading how Robotnik is transporting materiel up to the floating island here, but really this raises more questions than it answers. Why doe the thruster need to be driven across a bridge instead of flown. Why a helicopter? Why not uses cranes? Why do I care about the efficiency of fictional booster rocket transportation? I hate growing up.

Why Fleetway Tails is allowed to man the computer is anyone's guess.

So here we still have a rather Egg Shaped Death Egg.

There's a rather interesting choice of broken/floating sections of the island in the first panel. This will become relevant in the next issue at the conclusion of the Knuckles Carnival Night Conspiracy storyline. But for now, well never mind...

Anyone else think the Eggman's Brother episode of Sonic Boom had weird animation or something?

I wonder what the specific impulse of the thruster is? What kind of Delta-v would it take to get something like the Death Egg into orbit? Hard Mode: No orbital assembly

I don't know how I feel about Sonic planting explosive mines. This doesn't seem like something the UN would condone.

This more advanced Badnik guard is a kind of proto-type for the Brutus character who comes up inthe Cybernik stories. I think.
Mostly he reminds me of a cross between Megatron and an Orc Warboss.

I swear half the designs on this page are from a Transformers episode.

What am I in for?

Just a heads up that the /sthg/ Level Development Kit was updated last thread

drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw9wQojS0lxpbXpxRWZiOFNWSHM/view

An online fan version of the old Fleetway comic endorsed by the original staff (who have also worked on the online version) that apparently hasn't been updated in over a year.

I haven't read any of it so I've no idea of the quality. Have fun.

>Sonic
>blue bomber
wut

Rail Canyon is a cool level!

We need another game with Heroes' and Colors' aesthetics. A mainline game with Riders' aesthetics would blow my dicc right the fuck off and into the sun

Worst level in the game.

Bullet Station is far better.

Hang Castle is cool too!

Reminder that there's a Sonic block later today on SGDQ

Sonic CD 2011 (Tails Any%)
Sonic Generations (Any%)
Sonic Colours (Egg Shuttle)

I assume you're going to be talking, user?

Of course

>GDQ

>Also he's not a great character designer. Not a terrible one, but he really should leave to people who are actual ARTISTS

What character designs do you take issue with?

I used to think Power Plant was the worst level in the game but I changed my mind after learning about all the cool shortcuts and high paths there are.

Uh anons, I got my pants but there's something else in here that I didn't order and I'm wondering if they're giving a nod to Sonic's crossover.

>Bullet Station is far better.
And has the best theme.

Obviously, it would make more sense to have the picture..

youtube.com/watch?v=NLpYdISEq9k

I haven't been following your posts, but I'm assuming those are the pants but what's the Hello Kitty thing?

And I bet you did order them

A-user please, they were already unavailable before I bought the Sonic ones.

They're also pants apparently.

Well now you have to wear them, user.
Show Sonic how much you appreciate his crossovers they probably just wanted to get rid of them

Are you all wearing your Sonic The Hedgehog™ merchandise as you prepare for the Summer™ Games™ Done™ Quick™ Sonic the Hedgehog™ Block tonight?

How does one take a picture with a chaos emerald?

I will user! I would have though Hello Kitty would be popular more but maybe not for Insert Coin.

I can now, user.

I just discovered sonic dreams collection and I'm highly confused. Is there a deeper meaning to whatever the fuck is that? Or is it just a meme?

I screamed on the toilet a hella long time.

Yeah, I hear that shit sucks. Hope you didn't have to get stitches. I've had time stones before, myself.

Soda: Not even once.

It gets grimdark. Like, we're talking realistic violence and blood.

It's not as bad as you're making it sound.

No stitches, I try not to watch comedies while pushing one out, it's too distracting.
So for me would the equivalent of this be slamming the busty™ bat for a week?

No contest.

Both of them suck. So does Frog Forest.

>So does Frog Forest
Too far buddy.

>So does Frog Forest.

How about you shut the fuck up?

Every Heroes level sucks, the only question is which ones sucks less than the rest. It's usually the ones with interesting spectacle like the intros to Egg Fleet and the atmosphere of Final Fortress, but it's not actually the level design that are interesting in those levels.

The sections where the shapeshifter took on the looks of others was cheap. You could easily pinpoint the moment the model was replaced with theirs, the special effects doing diddly squat to actually cover it.

But Egg Fleet does have good level design?

How later we talking here?

>getting to that part with everyone on a different rail
good shit

No it doesn't, it has level design that's slightly less shitty than the rest. Heroes is simply too fundamentally flawed to call any of the gameplay good.

More than half of Heroes's levels have good level design. Rail Canyon, Bullet Station, Frog Forest, Lost Jungle and Final Fortress fucking suck, but the rest are fine.

Yes even Bingo Highway. Only babbies who can't git gud hate that level.

How can someone not like Final Fortress? The advanced shortcuts you can take with Team Dark in it are great.

About 3 hours I think

>That time Amy referenced Sonic Adventure.

>That time Knuckles referenced Sonic 3 and Knuckles

>that time Amy said "Oh my God!"

>that kid who spin-dashed into class

She said gosh

No

God exists in Sonic's World?

jesus the hedgehog confirm?

We have Solaris at the very least, or we used to, that is.

Do you think Sonic believes in God?

I think Jesus would be a Lamb or something.

>not getting the joke

>Implying a know every single inside joke in this fandom.

>It works better in-game.
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/881919189509824513

Of course

Fuck I forgot about that picture...

You know, I sometimes wonder why you guys cry autism when shit like this is obviously made by children. Kids are going to be cringey.

>implying we get happiness even in death

Oh, you don't get happiness.
Everyone else does.

Still Have dark Gaia, and Chip, pretty sure those two are gods.

Very true.

Also Chaos. Hell, even Forces is bringing him back, so he's more relevant than he's been in years.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, FOOL! IT'S CHAOS! THE GOD OF DESTRUCTION!

>Yes even Bingo Highway. Only babbies who can't git gud hate that level.

There's no "gitting gud" when the controls are absolute garbage on those bingo tables. This isn't even up for debate. It's a fact that the controls in those sections are incredibly overly sensitive and almost always lead to death at the slightest twitch.

Even after you learn how to properly wrangle the controls and coerce Sonic and friends to stay on the table, there's no guarantee that you won't suddenly be launched to your doom for no good reason. The same applies to a lot of sections in Heroes.

tl;dr Maybe Sonic Team should have gotten gud at programming pinball physics instead.

For the record, I don't even hate that level. But anyone who doesn't have their head jammed up their ass can tell you that it's hilariously broken.

It's like cringing over OCs, even though the majority of those who make them are like 10 years old.

this duo is just so cute, And since Chip has a cute form why not dark gaia as well.

They're still crap though, and deserve to be mocked, if only to dissuade people from doing that

Shadow may not believe in god. But he is the only one of the main cast who will go to heaven.

Because he fucks Bridget?

Because he is moral. And not a narcissist who does things in vain.

It's time to take a bath, Sonic!

careful with his ears! he could get sick

I'M THE CHOSEN ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNE

instagram.com/p/BWFC1wABPHt/

Chip doesn't have a cute form, he is the cute form. He just controls a temple mech.

interestingly enough if you think about it, Mobius has a pantheon.

From left to Right. Mephillies, Iblis, Dark Gaia, Light Gaia, Black Doom, Mother Wisp, Lumina, Void.
(pic by Cylent-Nite)