Shit you hate about buyers

Shit you hate about buyers

>"I'll let you know"
>"Can you do (1/3 of posted price)"
>"Gee I don't know that's going to take time and it's going to be a lot of work" in a super exagerrated tone
>people who bring their entire family

I wish people would stop being such cockteases and just say if they're going to buy it or not.

>>"Can you do (1/3 of posted price)"
maybe you over price your shit. things are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

If you show up to a $1500 posting for a car in good condition and offer me $500 dollars I'm going to be upset.

>oh well yknow I was just across town looking at another one of these except it was much better and half the price...

Oh shit buddy why are you wasting time with mean ol' me and my mean ol' car, get along and snatch up that unbelievable deal before I do!

Then advertise price as final price fag. If he lowballs you then tell him to fuck off

>When the buyer brings along his buddy who is an "expert"

Equal parts pity and anger

>he doesnt know how to deal with his emotions
you dont have to sell it, if you think its ridiculous literally laugh at guy. one of you may delusional maybe both, most of the time the used car market I see people pricing their shit at least half or 2/3s what I'd actually offer for it.

If you're selling a decent car you don't have to deal with this shit.

My father in law is a mechanic and I don't know shit about cars

I bring him with me when I buy a car

>>"I'll let you know"

this is me. i'm too beta to say directly that i don't wanna buy the car because it's a lot shitter than initially anticipated. most of the time i never bother contacting the seller again

This.

You get the worst of the worst buyers if you are selling an under 5k sports or "sporty" car.

>"I'll let you know"
I do this because I'm usually cross shopping 4-5 different cars and pick the one who is willing to offer the lowest price (private sellers don't understand they are in the game of being a salesman now).
Either you have a "rebuilt title" (bank will only pay half of average retail) or someone offered less. Your loss.
>"Gee I don't know that's going to take time and it's going to be a lot of work" in a super exagerrated tone
Redoing paperwork and moving money around takes time for some people, especially if banks are involved.
>people who bring their entire family
More eyes on something will see more, regardless of mechanical knowledge.

Learn to sell your property better op.

>>"I'll let you know"
Translation: No, but I don't want to hurt your feelings.
>>"Can you do (1/3 of posted price)"
Translation: Wow, that's overpriced.
>>"Gee I don't know that's going to take time and it's going to be a lot of work" in a super exaggerated tone
Translation: Overpriced AND broken.
>>people who bring their entire family
They want to see if the wife likes it, and they can't leave the kids behind.

The worst is when they say this:
>"This other guy is selling this same car but in better condition for (extremely low ball offer), can you sell this to me for the same price?"
Maybe they should buy from the "other guy" since what they're selling is better, oh wait, he doesn't exist cause they made it all up.

I actually say that one a lot.

The reason being distance. I'd rather buy locally then go another state over for a better deal when one can be had here and technically "benefit" my community. Meh.

I literally went today to check out an SL 350 from 2007.

Was selling for 30k
Car was in mint as fuck condition and had a damn sexy amg body kit. Everything matched perfectly. A sexy eye catcher indeed. Nothing like the boring grandpa tier looking standard mercedes.
Though I didnt like the engine. No power at all. Literally my bros diesel E320 was just as powerful while wasting half the fuel. Mercedes non amg engines are always shit somehow.

Told him price was disturbingly high and I'd buy it flat out if it was 25'000.
He laughed me off and after some discussion I simply had no nerve to buy the car anymore so I told him nah I'm good lets leave it be.
Then he grabbed his phone again and talked to his boss and offered me 25'000.
I still didnt accept and went home.

My first car I was about to buy. Kinda glad I didnt accept. They tried to sell me the design more than the engine/car itself. The aftermarket exhaust was turbo loud though. Didnt fit with the power of the car. Kinda suprised it was even legal in my jewish country.

>Shit you hate about buyers
As long as they don't show up and then say "Can I use your bathroom?" as an excuse to get inside your house and then rob you.

>"I can't do that man.."
*offer handshake*
>"thanks for looking at the car though."

Done and done.

>going to meet with seller
>it's a 1.5 hour trip, mostly on the interstate
>first stop by a maverick, get a double gulp, 64oz (1800 mL for you euros) and some corn nuts for comfy
>sipping my double gulp, finish it in 45 minutes
>10 minutes from his place, my bladder caught up with me
>'I can make it' mentality
>make it, shake his hand, immediately ask if I can use his bathroom
>'Sure'
>use it, come back out, proceed to inspect car etc.
>motherfucker had NO OIL at all. I couldn't even get a reading on the dipstick
>'Thanks, I'm looking at a couple of other cars -- I'll keep in touch.'
MOTHER FUCKER

Will you take 200 dollar paymentz? (The car is 4000 dollars)

>motherfucker had NO OIL at all. I couldn't even get a reading on the dipstick
Maybe the oil was all stored in jelly form by the cams.....

hope you peed on his floor/seat

Kek

This!
And its worse when its on the phone or through email as well.
I never make deals on the phone or though email and always state the advertised price.
If they're viewing it in person I know they're serious so will happily do a deal. If you've priced it right you'll have advertised it a little over what you really want anyway.

But user, what if I want an rx8? Is it wrong for me to bring my buddy that has owned an rx8 his whole life?

I know this is "shit about buyers you hate" thread, but this is all too close to "shit about sellers you hate" problem.
>just needs a new XXXXXX, easy and cheap to do, only $4 in parts from ebay
MOTHERFUCKER WHY DON'T YOU DO THAT AND SELL THE VEHICLE IN A BETTER CONDITION THEN?

As a buyer, if you're too fuckin lazy to do "inexpensive" or "easy" fixes, it means the vehicle is in disrepair and now I have to go over everything to make sure I don't get fucked in the end.

You will probably get a call later this week

>Op is pissed off because he doesn't know how to talk to people.

Why in the FUCK do people still try to play cliche mindgames when all the mindgames are already out in the open and known by everyone?

>tfw someone employs the "lets cut the bullshit and not play the mind games" mind game

>the guy that plays the "haha i'm playing a real simple mindgame so you know I'm not playing a super deep meta mindgame" mindgame

price your shit accurately and you shouldnt have a problem.

>price shit accurately
>guy now thinks I'm the one playing mindgames

>I do this because I'm usually cross shopping 4-5 different cars

this. at least i call people back and tell them sorry i went with somethign else, and if i pulled the carfax for their car i forward that shit to them so they can present it to another potential buyer.

>Redoing paperwork and moving money around takes time for some people, especially if banks are involved.

not the sellers fault or responsibility, any buyer going through a private sale shouldn't even mention that at all that is 100% their responsibility.
if they mean "Gee I don't know that's going to take time and it's going to be a lot of work" as in the car has a minor problem and needs to be fixed but just blowing it out of proportion to try and chew the price down. then yeah fuck those faggots.

gore thread nao

If I say the car is in shit condition and you moan about it's condition in person I immediately change my opinion of you and will not budge on the price out of spite even if it means no sale. I hate bullshitters

Because everyone knows you're going to offer half of what they're selling it for.

They post it for $1500 when they want $1000, knowing you will offer $500, they will say "no I have to have at least $1,000" and you can come back with $900 and you'll settle on $950 and both be happy.

It's the norm.

But when you don't want to bullshit people and ask more than what you actually want, and ask a fair price, they're still going to do that lowball shit because it's as expected as a handshake at this point.