Fastest/most powerful car you've ever driven?

Fastest/most powerful car you've ever driven?

>drove a jaguar xk8 across the city for a friend who was moving
>tfw this was when I was like 18
>tfw it's been 4 years and I still haven't driven anything more powerful, including personally owned cars, friend's vehicles, and test drives at dealerships
>next most quickest car operated was a miata
>corolla owner

>corolla owner
What a cuck.

I drove a buddie's audi TTrs a few years back. There was a noticeable turbo lag but when the turbo kicked in i was pushed to the back of my seat. My uncle also has a TT but it was much doggier so I think my friend might have done some things to his car.

That being said, i have an r6 and it scares me everytime i go above 13k

drove an sls for three autocross laps as one of those drive an exotic experience things
turned down a gallardo and a 458 italia for it since the sls has way more character
damn that thing was comfy, had stupid torque, and its brakes were unreal

2013 FRS.

a charger hellcat for what seemed like 10 minutes bc i didn't want to crash
the rest is at least 300 hp down

It'll hold well at 100 mph, which is plenty of speed for any interstate. Otherwise I set cruise control to 85 and chill on my long trip commutes.

Not sure why I'd be a cuck for liking fuel economy and reliability.

I drive an F-Type SVR pretty much daily. Scary as fuck.

bread+hood or full of shit. That's well over 120 grand for a car.

>I drive an F-Type SVR pretty much daily
No you don't

>be 16 just got license
>63hp 1987 ae82
>drive parents lexi es300 185hp

Almost shit my pants how powerful that car was

Prove that I don't
>you can't

post pic then fag

I drove my friends mom's SVR once, was okay but the interior did not feel comfy at all and it was waaay too big to have that sportscar feel.

Second fastest probably my dad's 300 SRT8 (hes white) which was somehow more fun than the F-type probably because i was more comfortable pushing it to top speed on a desert road.

next on that list was my ex girlfriend's cooper S which is the most fun I had in a car until i moved to yurop and discovered manuals.

Lamborghini Gallardo
Ferrari 430

Can't remember which is faster

I drove a Ferrari FXX when I did valet in Vegas after I got stranded there for a week and decided to stay for a few months.
Didn't go over 60 though.

Be glad you left, I've lived here my whole life, Vegas sucks. Constant love/hate relationship with this city.

I don't have bread at work

Yeah the field of vision sucks. I much prefer my FD's, which is weird because it was designed for japs. You can take an off-ramp at 110 though thanks to muh AWD.

2016 Audi R8, it was a blast

2004 Viper SRT-10
was way more docile than I was expecting, would definitely drive again

Gt-r
Sls
570s
Zr1
The list goes on

Reason for all the nice cars is I worked for a shop that inspected and maintianed high end cars.

The snek has a way of lulling you into a false sense of security and then doing what it does best, kill passengers at 180mph.

Guess it depends on the year Miata
My 94' Corolla does laps around my buds 95' Miata

Fair enough, what do you do for a living? That's a lot of car.

Drove a Ferrari F430 for 3 auto cross laps; didn't get it over 50mph, but still leagues ahead of anything else I've driven. Pretty fun.

Subaru BRZ.

i had a hard time controlling the wheelspin but otherwise it was pretty good for a race car. drfinitely wear you're seatbelt with this one youve been warned

>doing what it does best, kill passengers at 180mph
then we shall ride to VALHALLA

*proves you wrong*

A Nissan 180SX with a couple grand in mods, those things are scary fast with a bit of work. That thing could take a Yamaha R1 from a dead stop.

Your money's better spent on finding a Z31 200ZR

Wasn't mine, if I get a Z car it will be a 240 though.

Wrong board, here we discuss cars and driving.

>us enthusiasts amirite

>bashing Corollas
>implying he's enthused about anything

I too enjoyed the motor sports lab agility course at the mall parking lot
Good fun... but the speedway is the way to go, 3 laps but you can get that fucker movin

On public roads Porsche carerra gt

Closed course Ferrari f430

I daily in a Nissan Versa

Only 218hp but man does it feel fast when it accelerates. I'm the fastest kid on the road right now.

2014 mustang gt

it's pretty fast

Either a 997.1 Carrera S, or an S3 Sportback. Both were fun, and the audi had that real nice crackle in the exhaust on upshifts. But the 911 sounded way way better most of the time

The Audi was probably running rich. Meaning a shit engine.

If anything that would mean a shit tune, not engine. In any case, it sounds nice, and the thing still makes 300hp so I enjoyed it

my 90 FC with some light mods

Ferrari FF
For about 100 ft

Sounded great at least

Yeah it's pretty crazy. The AWD system holds the power surprisingly well though. You can hit 125 by accident on the highway if you aren't careful. Loudest exhaust I've ever heard on a car. Got a slamming deal too, there's like 30 grand of incentive money on them now apparently.

>You can hit 125 by accident on the highway if you aren't careful.
What do you mean?

Challenger Hellcat at the Bondurant track. It was a blast. I got it up to 190mph

You think you're cruising at 75 and you look down and it's 125. It doesn't feel fast at all until 150.

What does that have to do with AWD?

Nothing, but the cornering and powering out of corners is where the AWD shines. It's hard to believe how much of the 575 actually goes to the road rather than just spinning your wheels.

Honestly, I'm the kid and after switching from an FWD Celica I don't really feel all that much improvement when it comes to cornering or powering out of corners, other than just the sheer power difference.

If anything, I find the AWD car a little less stable. I could easily do corners fast in FWD in rain, while with an AWD I almost spun out once.

That's just the physics of a FWD vs. AWD car, especially because of AWD's inherent understeer without constant computer assistance. With FWD you have that moment of the front wheels just kind of sucking the car forward where as with AWD you actually have to really start manage the momentum of a car especially in high speed turns and especially with a manual transmission to make sure you're not just eroding grip by being outside the powerband.

The F-Type's a little different since it's got variable front-back and side to side torque vectoring so the computer manages inside/outside wheel torque and braking. The newer Subarus do side to side power application by computer but they don't have the ability to send power front to back in different ratios like the F-Type.

On the street
Fastest - F12
Quickest - Model S P100D
Turniest - BAC Mono

What'd you think of the F12? I've always wanted to get my hands on one.

I don't know, user. My Subaru uses a simple viscous differential that does 50-50 and there's no computer involved (nor was there in the Celica). I feel like having the torque transferred to rear wheels actually makes me lose grip in turns rather than make it understeery which is very weird. The car seems to have RWD characteristics in turns and the only time I notice it has lots of grip is when I just run in a straight line. In turns, applying gas seems to destabilize the car.

Then again, could be that I had garbage tyres back then. I haven't tested my new tyres yet but I'm legitimately scared of taking turns at speed. The car is surprisingly unstable when braking too.

I don't like 599s or F12s. Hood/dash is too high, seat is too deep in the car especially if it's the racing seat, hard to see out of, too much front overhang, too brash for a GT. 550/575 is perfect for me, great size, just the right amount of power.

Fastest car: e60 530xd / S320 w140 (both are 231 hp)
The BMW is faster because of more modern technology and better gearbox but I have driven the Merc faster. So I am putting them together.

That looks like a suspension/tires problem.
I haven't had any issues with turning or braking except understeer in mine.

Does your car lose stability at like 200kph too? I was putting it down to poor aero in the Impreza but it could be something else.

The suspension seems absolutely fantastic at regular driving so I don't think it's that. Tyres are new now so shouldn't be bad either.

Thats because of the engine position in subarus. they have the engine in front of the the front axle which makes the car understeer a lot.
when you think about it because the engine is in front of the wheels that turn, the mass will want to keep going straight and as the rear wheels are pointing that way you have the rear wheels and engine wanting to go straight with the front wheels trying to turn. Recipe for understeer

2016 Volvo XC90 T6. Powerful but it's built mostly for comfort so it doesn't feel particularly fun or sporty, but the power is definitely there. Fun when passing but on a long-distance drive when you have it in cruise control it just glides along the road and you barely feel like you're driving at all.

I haven't taken it past 150 as it isn't a WRX or STi. But I haven't experienced any instability at any speed that isn't predictable(due to poor weather, due to me stabing the gas in the corner and experiencing understeer etc.)
Check your suspension, man. That's dangerous.

lol don't worry misread the post

>550/575
Could never get over their sort of plain look, in comparison.
V-8 Dinos (308-360) all the way for me, despite only having (65%?) of the power.

an evo 8 making something like 600 whp.

This fecking bad boy, maybe even the Turbo version on public road and highway for about an hour. It felt pretty quick for me but sadly havent driven anything faster

Probably the Chevy 2500 snow plow at work in terms of horsepower, fastest would be my 380hp 2000 buick regal, of course that's nothing compared to my bikes.

ML280 CDI on an offroad course. Pretty fun.

I was 16 at a work thing in Wisconsin, it was out in the Kettle Morain area. Beautiful country. Anyway, this mid 50's guy show up (he was a doctor) in a 1966 blue Corvette Sting Ray, 425hp big block with a 4 speed. I said Sweet car! and he threw me the keys and told me to take it for a spin.
I shit you not. He just let me take it out for a drive. Good thing I could drive stick, but I did grind reverse when I tried to back up. Everyone was looking at me lol.
It made a sound like thunder under throttle. The sound this car made, my God. The gearing was very short, making it ungodly fast in any gear at any rpm.
Anyway I went for a cruise in the hills and came back about a half an hour later. The guy wasn't concerned at all. I'll never forget that!

BMW X5 M, customer supposedly had some money tied up into the motor too. Had a Motordyne badge on it. Shit was stupid quick, even for weighing 5,000lbs haha.
Also drove an auto first gen CTS-V sedan, pretty fun as well.

fastest car i've ever driven is my friends rx8

>BMW 435d
313hp, it was not the car with the most hp that i've driven, but it was by far the fastest. The torque is insane and the gearbox was too good.

>fastest is probably friends S2K
>runner up is tied between my moms Toyota Avalon and my 1989 Mustang

I dont have any connections or car enthusiast friends other than the one with the S2K so I'm limited to my own slow shitboxes

"fast" cars are nothing comparing to turbo bikes.

I was really-really excited when I did my first test ride on my turbo busa (53mm turbo @ 0.6bar low boost). It's really awesome. I'm now not sure what to do with MKIV.