/TOUGE1995/ - Official Public Reveal Thread

It's finally here! The public reveal is ready for you guys, thanks for all the support. Couldn't have got this far without you guys.

Make sure to check out the stuff below, it shows off a lot that you haven't seen before.

>Public Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=NkHnB_oLtXQ
>IndieDB
indiedb.com/games/touge1995
>DevLog
tumblr.com/blog/touge1995
>Subreddit (Due to popular demand...)
reddit.com/r/TOUGE1995/
>Twitter
twitter.com/TOUGE1995
>Discord
discord.gg/4eGd5yg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=17&v=cKZWD1paOZU
youtube.com/watch?v=mGrcG-7EeVk
youtube.com/watch?v=uDVfkt4m0AM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks good famalan.

Did you add the Pajero Shogun?

HYPUUUU~!!

You did this all yourself?

Please get the physics engine up and running ASAP, graphics can take a back seat for a while at first. There's a real lack of simcade games with a decent handling model at the moment.

It'll be in the demo, it made the vote.
Mainly myself in terms of the game itself, another dev graphically optimized it and we have some modelers for the car.s
I've been working on physics for a bit now, good progress has been made. Expect a video of it soon.

Why has no one pointed out its spelled 'togue' not 'touge'

Fuckin' nice, already fully hyped for the PajEVO alone.

>'togue' not 'touge'

inb4 just pretending

Is this going to be like My Summer Car in Japan or is it less autistic?

What controller is this optimized for? Wheel, XB1, keyboard?

Cool project. Good luck to you. There is likely a huge audience for this if you actually get it going.

>togue
>being this dyslexic

All of the above.
Cheers.

hyped af

Fuck man, this is nice looking. I am pretty hype.
Number 1 priority needs to be smooth frame rate at release. We need a perfect 60fps in this bad boy.

Can't wait to get a replica of my R33 GTST and rip up those fuckin' corners m8, looks gr8. I'll be very interested to see how the actual gameplay feels, and how arcadey or realistic you decide to go.

Awesome, yeah I've got 60fps currently at max settings but still early days and needs optimisation.

Looks bretty good

Looks good OP, interested thus far. Gonna show it to a few friends who'd be interested in something like this.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FUCKKKKKKK

PLEASE LET THERE BE SOME COMFY RAINY WEATHER WITH RAIN DROPLETS EFFECTS ON THE WINDSCREEN + RAIN NOISE AND SOME COMFY CITY TO SLOWLY CRUISE AROUND IN AT NIGHT AT SOME POINT IN THIS GAME'S DEVELOPMENT.

I would like this a lot more if it had a more unique visual style, but honestly I'm just excited to see an indie dev trying to do something in this style rather than just going for old arcade racers.

OOOO BOY

Awesome, sounds good.
Rain will be in the demo, I have plans for a city eventually in the full game.
I understand, it's always subject to change though. This style may be adjusted during the course of development.

I really hope this catches on and becomes something big. Good luck my dude. I've been desperate for a game where you can rice up shitboxes and drift.

Make physics your first priority man.

There are plenty of good looking games with unrealistic physics as it is.

Art looks like absolute shit. Whoever you've got handling environmental art needs to get their shit together, there wasn't a single scene or shot, including the one you've used in the OP, where terrain wasn't sticking through roads, railing wasn't magically floating and for fucks sake use more subdivisions in the meshes for your curves and adjoining railing.

Godspeed for you my dude.

What are you aiming for in terms of physics?

>Rain will be in the demo, I have plans for a city eventually in the full game.

ALL OF MY JIZZ

Man I really wish I could contribute to this game somehow, too bad I'm not good at anything.

You're a consumer, there's nothing wrong with that.

Will this run on a toaster?

More "dagumi fantasy simulator", less "build shitbox from scratch".

Windows only, or Linux too?

Either way, looks awesome

I'm sure you could fix all of that

looks like trash

baka

i would love a MSC based in early 90's japan

are the posters in the garage gonna be changed when the demo's out? they have real car brands on them

When will we see Papa's car?

So, which eurobeat tracks are we gonna get?

There'd better be an option to spend my winnings on fucking high school girls.

Sounds cool, but the game is all about driving, not fucking gals. Unless, there will be high school boys for female and gay gamers.

Will there be a bonus mission attached to the S13 where you have to try and get to a parking area a girl is waiting for you, but no matter how fast you go you always run out of time?

DONT MAKE ME REMEMBER

Ok retard

Better yet if you make it in time you just see her peel out. And outrun you

You better port thus shit to xbox. They'd probably give you cash since they're looking for half decent indie titles to fill the console library

>porting to dying consoles
what for? if anything, Switch version would be a lot better, these guys have no racing games to contend with.

DevAnon, I wanna ask what other games have you studied the map layouts of to prepare for designing this game? I would assume that would be an important part of really learning how those game flow. The key to an open world driving game, be it Burnout, GTA, or Need for Speed, is having a map that flows together from every driving direction.

That is assuming you want to make an open world game.
I would personally have a good look at NFS2015. It was an okay game but the map design in that game is absolutely brilliant at every turn, and not just in the technical flow aspects, but artistically it evoke a really distinct feel and it'd be good to get a really defined style down the line once you're 100% set with mechanics.

Man, I'll be all over this shit playing on my TV with a PS4 controller.

Yeah I know I can just sync my controller up to my PC and stream it to the TV but it's just not quite the same.

>Trip hop instead of some YMO ripoff, early para para, or house music
This makes me worried. This makes me really worried.

This makes me think back to the movie Kung Fury, where it looked to be a really good movie, but completely missed the point.

Now there's not much to go on here, but the trip hop isn't inspiring confidence. If the game's supposed to be in 1995, i don't want complete asspulls like wheel arches with shown screws, stance bullshit, and cars envouge today being the headliners that were hardly even given a second glance in 1995. AE86 being one of them. If you had an 86 years ago, you were a poorfag mongrel. You weren't considered a "drift god" like you are today by the knuckledragging masses.

>lo-fi/retrowave music

IN2 TRASH IT GOES

> i don't want complete asspulls like wheel arches with shown screws
that's been a thing since the '60s.

Any gameplay footage?

it wasn't popular in the 90's. That era was all about smoothed widebody kiits

>NFS2015
iirc, in the 2nd preview vid on the youtube, dev mentions that he takes a lot of influence from NFS2015

>no gameplay
worthless reveal come back in a year

Switch is a meme

That's honestly good to hear. I've dipped in and out of being up to date with this game, but I still honestly maintain that NFS2015 had some really brilliantly good level and world design. It's a game I occasionally still go back to despite the shitty controls.

Shingo simulator 1995 get hype
[spoiler]IWANNADANCE[/spoiler]

>game gets multiplayer
>duct tape hand to controller/wheel/keyboard
>blast Dancing at ear rape volume over mic
>constantly bump rear quarter panels

This is a necessity, devs take notes pls

gimma da eurobeat pls

Thanks man, much appreciated.
Simcade style, somewhat similar to DiRT 3. The largest obstacle to perfect it is getting decent weight transfer mechanics.
Unlikely, though I haven't finished optimisation yet.
At the moment I plan on Windows only for the demo but for the actual game, I'm open to Linux for sure.
Yes.
From the very beginning, NFS2015 was noted as a major influence on the world design and the game design in general. I've been studying GTA V.
I felt that the music suited the trailer best considering it's an atmospheric based trailer as opposed to an intense gameplay trailer.
I should have a short video of gameplay soon. I'm currently in the process of organizing a timeframe for the development. I also plan to bring out 3 more "Feature Analysis" videos on the Youtube channel, including one for physics.
Cheers, noted.

Will I be able to synch my body into the moment?

Damn son getting followed by noriyaro

Yeah pretty sweet alright, I messaged him about it via Snapchat, he told me someone in his Discord linked the game. He said he's looking forward to the game. I also mentioned to him about possibly including the beercan Skyline.

does that mean he's a 4channer???

I suppose the demo is out "soon" but when do you plan to release an actual copy, even if just early access or what ever? Half a year? A year? More?

Anyways good stuff, waiting eagerly on this.

lol the pressure is on now devanon

Not liking the lo-fi meme pandering. Completely wrong choice of music if you ask me.

>posts without reading the thread

I would like it if he employed the immersion garnering tactics that game has though. Not accurate car-building, but simple things like having to physically do small things like filling up the car, preferably from a first person view. We also need an in-game recording function with degraded VHS filters.

There better be a character called Ringo who drives a Twingo with the personality of Shingo or i'm not buying.

Do we have a complete car list so far br/o/s?

>Ringo
y not Tango?
or Twinko? Twinkle?
>Tringo? Tweengo?

Because Ringo is a household name that rhymes with both Twingo and Shingo. It's a triple-barrelled joke.

Also means apple in moonspeak.

Im drinking a beer as a toast to you.
Good luck

Btw where is the game going to be availiable for purchase?

>Btw where is the game going to be availiable for purchase?
propably never unless some liscencing company wants to help us for free.

IIRC the game wont have any actual trademarks and the Miata for example is just called something something Roadster

You don't get away that easily.
That's like taking a mcdonalds logo and changing nothing but the text from "mcdonalds" to "mcdonlads"

Who's doing your modelling, by the way? The car list is quite extensive. It would be a big job.

but the roadster is the japanese trademark name

a couple of people.
It is a big job.

no

>4channer
>???
Please go back.

Is it gonna have a keyboard setup similar to LFS's [keyboard-stabilized] for wheel-less peasants like myself?

Definitely looking forward to the demo. Will there be custom controller mapping available?

>I felt that the music suited the trailer best considering it's an atmospheric based trailer as opposed to an intense gameplay trailer.
SHould have used something more early 90's and japanese, like house music for atmospheric.
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=17&v=cKZWD1paOZU
The trip hop made it feel more late to mid 00's

I'd totally love to see that beercan Skyline of his too, especially with that obnoxiously bright light strip he put into the front bumper

Anime does this all time
>WcDonald's

Original song for anyone interested:
youtube.com/watch?v=mGrcG-7EeVk

Devanon, are we going to see strategy elements to the game, like managing expenses for tires, gasoline, parts, mods, etc. or having a reputation system?

If this game is anything like a modern version of classic touge arcade racers than I am very interested
youtube.com/watch?v=uDVfkt4m0AM

fuck you, that scene genuinely hurt

What are the system requirements?

if you make another game like this, try something similar to racing lagoon to give people stat autism.
there's a lack of racing game with heavily changeable stats.

Or maybe talk to the guy at automation and make a racing feature for it...

Where did you get the licenses?
I thought you would do lookalikes
Does this mean there are no toyotas?