Shift Pattern thread?

Shift Pattern thread?

Guess the box edition

hint used from 1997+

The left side of your shift pattern is how my civic runs. Shifting into third gear often feels painfully notchy in the shifter. The only way to get smooth shifts is to shift very fast and rev hard but not too high. The second gear feels like there is friction or "rubbing" within the gearshift unless I push the shifter very slowly and carefully.

>get on my level

spicer 1453

some holden sutff

.t 91 Defender

Okay, I giggled. I guess I'm easily amused. [spoiler]What would Q stand for?[/spoiler]

Quad. Four wheel drive toggle

>90 Miata

Anything japanese made in the 80's and 90's

>Ultimate Driving Machine

feels the same in my $600 nissan

nah 5th would have to be really fucking far away for that to be true

is more accurate

But how do you reverse?

P
[Charge cord lock-out]
R
N
D
L (Aggressive regen)

hahah, any corvette

How do you not use your O/D?

Automagic ftw

Bmw e46

hint: mid 199x

the tranny is like really really loose. and yes sometimes when the tranny is cold, when you put reverse on up top it just goes into 4th.

also if anyone actually would guess, it's 2000+ Jap built in Europe

c4 Corvette. Either a ZR1 or early model c5

confirm this you nigger

some kind of mazda

nope

That's a lie, third and fourth are typically ok in my box.

Second always clunked though, even when I bought the car at 30k miles, and first? Jesus, don't even bother trying to find first unless you're traveling less than 5 mph.

Nope, not a corvette at all. It's one of overpriced gearbox though. Kind of on par with T56

miata?

Did you marry pre-2000 honda engine with normal gearbox?

Car was an E34 535i, never driven an e46 before.
But the e34's throws were long as fuck, and the shifter was sloppy as hell. You could jiggle it around while it was in gear.

Audi tt

A-Class Mercedes?

t56 are weird beasts rpm doesnt matter but the stock shifter gets very chattery and inaccurate at that rpm, i need another ripshifter

it is a '91 miata

5th doesn't seem that far away, just if you overshoot, it won't let you in which kinda sucks. I've gotten good at sliding 'er right in tho

honda then?

Can't wait to have the money for either a 700r4 or I finally decide fuck the bench seat life, and swap in a 6 speed.

How come there is no reverse?

So I replaced the gear linkages the other day and now my gear changes feel like I am reloading a well oiled German rifle.

The best part is that the replacement parts costed me peanuts.

So instead of drawing pictures and being like the faggot in the picture change your gear linkages.

After watching a youtube about that, it's actually really easy.

shift 1 through 6, then the hit the splitter and the same 1 through 6 is now 7 through 12 etc. etc. etc.

Put it in first right before you change to reverse.

I have a clapped out E30 and this is accurate.

gfys

This.

also, fuck these fuckers with short shifters like pic related. I drove a baja beetle that had about an inch up and down and no left and right but was a 5 speed. (or maybe a 4?)

very loose but at the same time also very nice and smooth shifts

meh stock shifters with long throws are shit i'd rather a decent aftermarket unit

Column shift buddies!

looks comfy

I have never driven one of those but it looks so god damn comfy. just pull the damn towards yourself and down like you are engaging gears in the car, then hear the growl of the inefficient vee ate as you drive away in a comfy boat

My clutch may be dying

Hint: European, mid 90's - early 2000's

Goddamnit forgot pic

I'm guessing Audi?

how so? i raped the fuck out of mine 30k km+ and lots of seshes

It is indeed pretty darn comfy. I'll take a column shifter with that wonderful chunk-chunk-chunk as you row it down to D over a fake-manual center console stick that doesn't do much else but waste space.

close

How do you get rid of those milk stains?

>milk

>no reverse
You can never go back.

any VAG car

French tanks have 7 gears, 6 reverse and 1 forward. Just in case the enemy attacks from behind.

my 2018 subaru

>first experience with my dad's car
>brrBRRRRRRRBRRRRRHRRrrr

Peugeot

>2000 car.

Confirm nigger

Wtf civic did you drive? None of mine have ever felt like that user.

I forgot to add, distance between gears is approximately 10 feet

my shifter bushings killed themselves a long time ago.

Professional

Subaru?

3k civic, naturally

not quite

these are really cool looking, I heard they're shit though

For some reason, my fifth gear is so far out and mushy. And this is isnt the first time I had this with this car brand.

Mine is pretty much like that also