N/A

/who "guild name", whisper anyone!

>WoW TBC database
felmyst.com/database/

>Addons
legacy-wow.com/tbc-addons/

What faction is the guild going to be?

Alliance cause I don't want to be stuck in the queue

that many more people playing horde than alliance?

are going Alliance on Felmyst. Join us if you want to slay the blood elf scourge.

>the guild

There will likely be guilds on both sides. If history is anything to go off of the tranny guild on horde will have 2-3 people actively create splinter guilds so they can d&c the alliance guilds so more people join their degenerate circlejerk like they've done on the last 2 servers.

A guild based on just decent players having fun won't work in the long run anyways. The good players who invest the most time realise that 90% of people in vg guilds just want to be a thread celeb and most of them are completely garbage humans who are insufferable to interact with. So any sane decent player just joins a good guild and the guild is left with all the retards.

I can assure you that the trannies will without a doubt create alt characters for the sole purpose of destroying the alliance guild. If you want the alliance guild to work you're best off actually having standards in your recruiting and not just inviting everyone from 4chinz.

tl;dr never join vg guilds unless you're an attentionwhore who likes to play pretend.

Not likely this time around. Literally every single top guild is rolling alliance. The factions will likely be 60-40 at their absolute worse, which for TBC isn't really that bad. Since you can just lmao fly world pvp is a non-issue.

And here's the first splinter guild I was talking about.

There's a strawpoll on the forum, a lot of people are going to play Alliance apparently

I was going to play a Warrior thinking I'll have an easy time getting groups for dungeons while levelling, to later switch to PvP and do the mace meme, but Warrior seems by far the most popular class
Help me /tbcg/, what do I do? ;_;

There needs to be harsh moderation in kicking anybody who starts shit or is an attention whoring faggot.

Fascism is the only useful form of government and this applies to WoW guilds aswell.
Try to prove me wrong, you can't.

If you're doing dungeons while leveling then you're a casual. If you're a casual then it doesn't really matter what you're playing as long as you join a casual guild.

There's no reason not to do the dungeon quests when you're in the area anyway and grab some gear while you run through it before moving on to the next zone.
I also intend to raid when I hit 70 and I liked tanking during WotLK on retail.

doing dungeons once while you're leveling is probably better xp and the drops/quest rewards you get will speed up your leveling. doing them more than once is undoubtedly a mistake

The ""problem"" that you run into in vg guilds with that level of moderation is population size. Only being able to recruit from here as a foundational rule forces you to deal with a lot of autists, obviously.

Which is why I just gave up on vg guilds all together. Higher end guilds are all made up of like 70% /pol/ shit-posters anyways so it's not like you miss out on any banter. In fact it's better banter.

Wrong. Dungeons are inefficient because of inconsistent variables. Dungeons are only viable for speed leveling if you have a full group of people you all know are good players and ideally on voice communications. Then and only then are they worth doing. If you don't have this the likelihood of you wiping and wasting a metric fuck ton of time skyrockets.

In the time that you could possibly spend wiping and losing your group in a dungeon you could have been grinding mobs or questing. The only dungeons that are acceptable to do with randoms are RFC, stormwind stockades, and ZF.

>vg guild on a BC server

you realize those are only a thing because Vanilla raiding is a literal joke right? player quality is completely irrelevant when you can just slap together 40 people and do Okay. farming MC/BWL for 12 months and then move on to the next server, rinse and repeat

Since Alliance Warrior, what I intended to play, is the most popular class/faction combo right now, what do I play?
I don't want to suffer from the oversaturation meme
pls give suggestions
I want to
>be good at pvp
>raid
>not suck ass

i hope this is ironic, that's exactly the kind of guild i didn't want /tbcg/ to be responsible for.

>I want to be the best

just be yourself f am.

It's not about the faction balance or 60/40 ratio. I am fairly confidant that as the server picks up more people, Horde will be hitting the queue on a regular basis.

I just don't want to do that. If gummy implements a Warmane-like queue work around I might make a ret fem belf paladin just to meme

>60/40 ratio
>A/H

you can't be serious

If /wowg/ can clear mythic retail raids I think we can clear decade old content. If not then we should be ashamed.

>can clear retail raids
>retail

there you have it, also don't even try to bring up the literal donor warglaive funservers that wpsg plays on

>being this retarded

>DUDE HARDCORE LEVELING LMAO

who the fuck cares, i'd rather take my time and have fun rather than level as fast as possible just so I can play with a bunch of turbo autists

fuuck I seriously can't decide which faction

Retail is currently the most autistic grindy difficult state the game has ever been in.

It's a terrible game but there is no fucking argument about which is more difficult dude. Or do you seriously think that pressing steady shot and shadow bolt and pressing leatherworking drums when your addon tells you to is difficult gameplay?

>"dungeons are efficient"
>prove they aren't
>"w-whatever I'm not trying to level efficient anyways!!"

Kill yourself my man. Take these non-arguments back to elyg

>wiping 5 hours for a two thousand XP quest and a useless blue you replace in two levels
>DUDE LMAO JUST HAVE FUN LOL

Honestly, at some point i'd like to assemble a guild full of elite RPers who are capable of raiding and pvping with the best of the meme spamming-mountain-dew-chugging kiddies here

the fire rises, my fellow roleplayers

prenerf BC is pretty hard dude, just because everyone that plays retail eats glue doesn't make the game itself more challenging

So when warmane launched their 1x server i rolled a warrior there and my played to 70 was 6 days 2 hours, is this ok for a warrior? I know hunters can push 4 days and some hours played, would a warrior be able to do the same?

It'll take longer than that on gummy because Warmane is extremely under-tuned

When over half of your raid only has to press 1 button to preform optimally it's a bit of a stretch to consider the content difficult. You have to have the same (if not more) coordination in retail mythic while the classes are at least 500% more complicated for every single player.

I've written pages on why legion is the worst expansion ever made, so don't get me wrong. But it's an objective fact that mythic raiding, let alone hardcore mythic raiding, is a lot more difficult than anything you'll encounter from vanilla - wrath.

>the classes are at least 500% more complicated for every single player

I haven't played since retail vanilla/tbc.

Any autists can remind me how painful it is to level a priest to 40? Plan on being mana battery for end game.

>press 1 button in tbc
>press 4-6 buttons in legion

500% harder

(You)

It's one of the easiest classes to level 1-40. You spec into improved wand and just wand everything to death.

>use PWS
>shadow word death
>wand to death
>keep PWS up
>rinse and repeat

Very efficient leveling and you should never need to drink for the most part if done correctly.

Not an argument.

addons literally tell you exactly where to stand, when to move, what buttons to press. retail isnt hard

wowg shit eater please leave

if you're here to shill fallaciously about retail vs tbc well, why are you here for one thing and why won't you provide some reasonable anecdotes to support your retarded argument? Surely if there is any truth to your statements someone will chime in. Otherwise you're a huge faggot

I didn't say it was hard. I said it was relatively hard. As in relative to TBC. Which is what this entire conversation is about.

so you admit you have no idea what you're talking about and started playing in late wrath at the earliest, why should anyone care what you think

Lets give it a go and see if maybe we can cobble up a group from Veeky Forums?

What will you play?

Nelf bear druid, alchemy and herbalism as main
Alt will be goat resto shaman, didn't decide on the professions.
I'll level shaman on rested mostly or when I am tired of the druid.

>1button

Looks like you aren't pressing any buttons Mr. clicker.

I'm in. I avoided the cancer from /elyg/ but I've played with Veeky Forums before. Literal who, obviously.

If horde, going belf paladin or orc rogue.
If alliance, going dorf rogue, hunter, or paladin. MAYBE drano shaman but unlikely (just don't like them very much but i would to fill in a gap).
Professions: eng/mining to start, then eng/JC or eng/ench, switching something for LW if by some miracle we get far enough that it's necessary.

Probably no alt other than a banker/auction house mule due to being a shitter with limited time.

>Legacykeks getting btfo this hard

>over half of the raid

>tanks have unlimited threat
>mana never runs out
>game is so easy they had to invent mythic difficulty where everything is overbuffed
>still gets cleared faster than old raids did on their only (normal) difficulty

it's straight from fresh char with new client, no addons and keybinds are set yet to be set.

Nice strawmen.

Who else /rollinggummyjusttokillalexensual/ here?
I'm going to hunt and camp the SHIT out of him

I would if i go alliance anyhow, but an alt just to bug him seems like a lot of effort. You can make him sperg out by getting in his stream chat and exaggerating his DUI or linking to him buying/selling gold and characters on epicnpc.
I'm not sure there's any way to really make him look worse than that heroic level 17 hunter did anyhow.

LEAVE HER

ALONE

What faction is he going to? This basically decides what I roll so I can gank him

500+ online in the beta atm.

DoA

horde

what is it about Alex that makes KHV from Veeky Forums so interested in him. I really can't put my finger on it

take this autistic shit back to your tranny thread faggot

Alliance it is

Can confirm, hate trannies and wont play among beta cucked sjw type "muh racism" retards. People like me go find a guild that tolerates racism and raids, and that leaves the retards you spoke of. Ive never had trouble raiding in a guild that made kike jokes and denied the holocaust in barrens all day.

>Goering, Ribbentrip, and Rosenberg
>Smart
hmmm

will characters be deleted after beta closes?

lol

what do you think?

Yes

Thats only the ones who were caught holding the bag, too. The real uber-intellectual was Goebbels, and Im pretty sure he killed himself, dont think he was killed in the bunker by the fire. Anyways, Goering was intelligent, he was one of the first 2 ministers Hitler appointed. Vain, yes. Dumb, no.

>tfw only 107 IQ because native american genes holding me down

fug

Traaa- traaa, tr-tr-tr-tra!
Trannies!!
Stop... help me make them stop! I've received many a medal just for cleansing tranny generals!
Filth! Tra-Tra-Tranny filth! What happened to boys just liking MILFs?
Ja-Ja-Janitors... unpaid slaves wouldn't fix this place if we paid em!
Sick, it makes me sick! 130 pound boys that are missing a dick!
Puddi, Madti, burn the lot! The only way to stop is to turn the false flagging up!
Horde! ...What happened to Horde! Why are all these trannies playing Alliance whores?!
Low poly butts! Low poly tits! All the non-trannies enable this shit!
It's over, we've lost! Castrated boys won 2017! This server was shit and I'm keen to leave!
Hit it!

*throws mic*
*crosses arms*
(Hip hop beat)

I'm MC Gummy and I'm here as your saviour!
Trannies and chinks... I won't tolerate this behaviour!
G-U-M-M-Y, VPN banned so the chiggas gonna cry! (ruh roh!)
Blizzard ain't got shit on me! Nigga I'm a prodigy, JUST my server up and I'll move it to another street!
Yeeeah boiii!

*throws mic*
*hits a massive doob*
(Sick 2005 rock music begins)

It's your boooy Aleeeexensuaaal!
*audience cheers*
I'm here on this track to tell you one thing! Warmane is shit and Gummy is the king! (uh huh!)
The faggots on Veeky Forums ain't got shit on me! How many of you sad nerds had Puddi as your B? (what what?!)
*slicks back hair*
For real though... Elysium is shit! Chinks run rampant and the mods are paid for it! Quit that shit right now... MC Gummy is our saviour, this server is nothing but the monthly flavour!

why are belf racials so shit for casters? i want to be a belf

So is everyone rolling alliance? No horde in sight?

Was Retri Pala in tbc compelte dogshit like in vanilla?
Im sick of playing Mage on Ely and was thinking of switching to mele class, but i dont warr and dont want to be rogue #423952423942

Waiting to hear what hes going to do to balance the factions out.

Belf retris are better than alliance retris.

It was given some buffs and if you were skilled, was pretty decent towards the start of the xp. By the end, they were considered weak again and ended up with insane wotlk talents. Pallies at 70 with wotlk talents were one of the most overpowered classes in any period I know of.

hahaha enjoy your 1500 pop cap & unscripted 1-60 funserver chucklefucks

I think thats actually what started the "80 will fix it" "arena gear will fix it"etc - meme that kept going for like 2 expansions that I know of, and probably still does now.

Entire WSG raid left bg as soon as we lost advantage

Guess what faction??

alliance

CRESTFALL FUCKING WHEN

I hate priest leveling. I mained a priest back in vanilla-wrath and the only alt I leveled prior to heirlooms was a rogue so I didn't really get a feel for how awful priest leveling is because rogue leveling isn't great either. Priest leveling is mindnumbingly boring. Is it hard, no. Your rotation is maybe pre-shield, Holy Fire/Mind Blast -> SW: Pain -> Wand. You can speed it up but you lose mana efficiency. Do that for X levels. The benefit to the leveling style is that you can probably survive being jumped unless its a rogue in which case gg you're a clothie and stunlocked.

fuck everyone on discord
im serious, if you are on discord you should kill yourself

i can confirm, im messing around on the Warmane x7 wotlk server right now while waiting for anything to release, decided to make pala since never really played it, and holy shit, am i fucking OP(im level~75)
Im steamrolling 4-5 mobs at once in Northrend, killing people 3-4 levels above me without a problem and i dont even have gear since the leveling is so fast, that half of my items are still from hellfire/nagrand(i think i even have some vanilla items still, lmao)

on the note, anyone know anything about that Northrend server?I think about checking it since i actually prefer wotlk to TBC and knowing Gummy's track record, i really dont want to tediously level TBC character that might be wasted once Gummy decides to stop giving a fuck about the server again.
Should i be hyped about that server or will it be dogshit that will die becaue "durr wamane has all the population"

>tbcg tards THIS dumb
loool

Crestfall, pls save us

>By the end, they were considered weak again
Seriously? That sucks, not that guy but if I can't play ret then I'm ok with tanking if need be.

I've read that 1 ret is wanted in melee group for optimal raid composition, even alliance side, but that horde rets have an easier time.
I've also read that ret is garbage, or that ret is only not-garbage horde side.
If I remember right, I think an old elitistjerks web archive supports the first paragraph, but I'd have to refind it and I could be wrong. I did play retail tbc but that was ages ago and I was more of a shitter than I am now so it's difficult to separate real from meme especially with so many people parroting.

play whatever you want. playing something you find enjoyable is much easier to stick to than playing something that's "better". ret paladins can and will be in guilds on tbc servers.

Horde and Alliance paladins have different seals.

>by the end
it means swp, and you ain't gonna make it to swp u shitter

If you have 3 paladins in a 25 man raid, which should fill out all necessary pally buffs, its probably optimal to have 1 tank and 2 holy. Is a composition of 1, 1 and 1 unworkable? Of course not. Would you be better off swapping that ret pally out for another buff class like shaman or mana battery spriest? Probably.

Seal of Blood allows belf pallys to do decent to good dps, they also bring utility. The poll on the forums and reddit showed that more people will play alliance rather than horde. And like the previous poster said pretty much every "top" guild will be ally, so my hope of getting a spot as a belf paladin, tank or dps, is not extinguished.

I'm a huge casual so I'm perfectly okay with that.

>even alliance side, but that horde rets have an easier time
whats the big difference between ally/horde palis?

ally have tanking seal
horde have dps seal

Who /healer/ here? Which class are you going? I'm probably gonna stick with Shaman because it's pretty easy to switch to Elemental if needed, but Holy Pally is tempting too.

The horde have a different seal that scales better

yes we know you wanna be a belf slut, now bend over and take my big tank cock whore

>Shaman
>belf
Wut

well shit, there goes my Dwarf retri pala ;_;

No, I know that. Was more meaning that it was ideal to have one in the melee group even for alliance. Seal of blood is clearly better.
Again, I could be remembering incorrectly as I'd have to refind that elitistjerks page and much of it could depend on whichever patch they were writing about. I THINK the earliest archives are from 2.3 but I could be high. I believe 1 enhance was in the group as well, tho of course it could depend on the boss but that was their "default" comp.
Again, talking about benefit to the raid and not just seal of blood vs command dps.
AND obviously I could be completely remembering wrong, so don't take this as a die hard ret defense force or something. I think I'm going holy paladin if i even go paladin for whatever that is worth.

I will try to find the stuff I remember so grain of salt and all that. Either way whatever is technically optimal doesn't matter if you don't find the right people to play with anyhow, and anyone autistic/tryhard enough to do ultimate group every time already has a team in place.

>dwarf