Average age of this general?

Guys, how old are you? Since this board is generally filled with actual on topic discussion, less shitposting as well as people with the money necessary to get cars I always think people here are mostly between 30 to +40 year olds, I want to know know your age and the car you have to know if its true.

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited

i'm 15, i don't have a license yet but i'm on my learner's permit, i'm mostly just here to explain to people why the corvette is faster than the GTR

>the car you have to know if its true

I'm having issues parsing your sentence here. I'm guessing what you mean is:

>I want to know know your age and the car you have to know if [the supposition I have that you are mostly older] is true.

26, 27 in like 2 weeks, drive a 2012 Honda Fit Sport autotragic, about to get an A70 Supra and begin making it the king of the streets.

OK well what kind of car are you going to drive when you get your license

corvette

Didn't sound like you were having any troubles parsing his sentence at all.

99 Grand Prix GT I bought from an old man for $650
I don't have a driver's license

29 - aw11 (one sc, one parts n/a), 2 working bikes, 3 projects

Without reading my re-phrase, him saying "its" in that part of the sentence could have referred to anything, particularly with a run-on consisting of like 5 different fucking clauses.

90 FC

1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS

>A70 Supra
>king of the streets.

good luck getting your pigfat car 'tuned up' faggot

25 and I've got a 92 Miata and an 05 s4 cabriolet.

23 but i get the gest that there is a shit load of boomer boot licking faggots

you didn't say what kind of car you had

you must have forgotten it while you were telling us how much better you are than the rest of us

Nice typo bro.
We all know that there obviously aren’t any underageb&s here though.

Why just the other day I accidentally said I was 17, and I meant to say 18.
Because that would be against the rules.
Pesky little keys on a keyboard, am I right?

Anyways, being a mature 18 year old I somehow wound up with my ‘66 Ford Falcon.
Because i’m a lucky fucker.

Pretty cool man, good for you

2017 Isuzu NPR
1981 Chevy C20 (pic related)
2000 Land Rover Discovery II

'99 audi a4 Quattro

25, vy ss commodore and a ford falcon ute.

I wish I had a daddy that would buy me shit

you're just jelly that my vette will be faster than your gtr

or should i say
gt-fart

80's era Chevy trucks and Blazers are God-tier

Very patrician

Suddenly half of this board makes sense to me

The insurance company is going to love you

Im 26 I own a 2005 Pontiac GTO and a 2008 BMW 335i

18, have a 16yrs old bike and drive the 20yr old audi a6 of my dad if i need a car

2010 Accord coupe

NB Miata

we are not half, we are family

buy a corvette and join the family

2002 avalanche

whats isnurance

Modded 2011 octavia Combi.
And no my parents didn't pay a cent towards it lol

15 when i started posting here

85 k3500 dump body, 93 mitsu pickup, 3 volvos, 2 dirt bikes and a cruiser.

Just living dat shitbox lyfe yo

a promise that someone while give you money back if something ever happens to your belongings

And now?

2000 lancer
picking up an $800 cressida with no rego soon as well.

so they pay for my balognas if i pay them?
that's mfing cool

?

>22
2007 Grand Prix gxp
2009 KLX 250sf

28, I have an 04 Subaru wagon. Non turbo.

I also have an 81 KZ650 CSR

My first car was a 79 4cyl Mustang. It was grimace purple with velvet interior.

I sold that and bought a 69 mustang 302, and that was the car that got me onto Veeky Forums when I was 16. Shitposted my way through owning that project, and an aircooled vw van project, sold both of those to buy a really nice watercooled vw vanagon that literally had the transmission go out on me on the ride home. Got in trouble with the city for pulling the engine from that in my driveway, had to sell it to the first guy that would come with a down payment to avoid heavy fines for having it sit there. He gave me $100 and I never saw him again. By then I was 19 and never actually had a dependable running car, yet still shitposted on Veeky Forums. Hadn't had a dependable steady job in years by then, too.

Didn't buy another car until I was 26. That was a 96 Saturn SL1 that I totalled a month later into a tree at 70mph. Basically taped the engine back into it and drove that for a year with the frame ripped in half. The exhaust fumes from all of the exhaust leaks into the heater system convinced me to listen to the daily motorcycle threads and buy a motorcycle, so for the year I had that car I basically daily'd an old xj550 yamaha to work, rain or shine until I could afford my subaru.

Now here I sit shitposting and contemplating buying a beater truck to fuck with.

I'll tell you, from my years shitposting in this board, there's really only two or three types of people here.

Those who use daddy's money to buy cool cars and shitpost about them, and those who shitpost about people buying cool cars with daddy's money.

Throw in a couple of firebirds and mustangs and a deaf guy with a corvette and you've basically got Veeky Forums.

Although there was a guy, years ago, who had a 507 BMW.

gay

2017 Husqvarna 701 Supermoto
2009 Suzuki DRZ400SM

I no longer own a car, I sold my 2004 Ford Ranger 4x4 and 1991 Mazda Miata when I graduated college and moved to Cali.

literally obsessed

back to your cesspit

His own schtick won't work on him. Just report and ignore.

Cars (read "shitboxes"):
2001 Pontiac grand am
2007 Suzuki SX4

Bikes:
2001 yamaha road star 1600 (main)
2012 Kawasaki zx6r (never ride)
2016 Honda Grom (hooligan machine)

gtfo

>Those baikus
I'm super jelly. I'm in the process of sumoing my Crf450x and I can't wait.
Other than that I have a bunch of old weird spanish dirt bikes and a an xr400r

Make me senpai

ur gay

Basically, yeah. That's what I was getting at.

This board is always and will always be armchair racers and top gear memes, or poorfags and shitposters. Everyone else is too busy actually driving their cars and enjoying life to be sitting here posting.

The 701 is a godbike.
I also have a POS 2001 Kawasaki KX250.

No u

bitch do not fucking underestimate me and/or my team

here,

Can kind of confirm? I simply haven't actually taken possession of the Supra yet, as soon as I do that I'm probably going to be spending all the time I'm not working on the car looking up parts to buy for the car.

I only drive the Honda Shit when going to work and such.

Did this just become a bike thread?

My xj550 when I took it on a 10 day camping trip through like 10 states, to ride the arkansas mountains.

I never see huskies in the US so I'm guessing this was taken in the Alps?

>Did this just become a bike thread?
It certainly has.

nothing.
Its an odd feel because I've always loved cars and i've worked on them with my family and did a co-op placement at a dealership.

Right now im saving up to buy a car, but im so conflict because my brain tells me one thing, while my heart tells me another

yes, but you forgot to mention your age

Of course because bikes are superior in almost every way

I'm 25
01 Corvette
79 F150
15 CRF250L

03 540i touring and 03 miata

>bikes are the superior vehicle
>proceeds to show photo with bike covered in smoke and flames probably from a weak ass engine

Most motorcycles, even the "slow" cruisers are faster than any econ box. Also that vulcan is faster than some sportscars

2004 CR-V
I don't post much cause I don't know anything but reading genuine stories and genuine shitposts are both really entertaining here

BRZ

19 and 07 Subaru Legacy GT

'13 Focus

'86 Porsche 944

Why sell a perfectly good truck?

It's doing a burnout

>being this baited

hand me down auto 04 CRV
and a Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic Lt

1996 Chebby K1500
This is a nice place to discuss but also freely shitpost about cars and the like

22, first car an 06 corolla I gave to my brother now I'm driving an 05 GTP. dad's also giving me a 97 camaro my brother doesn't want to fix.

95 Ranger
97 GSF1200
02 CBR954RR
77 Courier
65 Mustang(rust bucket)

Daily an R34 sedan
Have an R33 coupe too.

2002 Holden Cruze

1999 Toyota Camry

>I always think people here are mostly between 30 to +40 year olds
I know people older than me are on here, but they wouldn't post in these type of threads asking about age or possessions. So your answers are going to be biased towards low ages as those are the types of people most likely to respond to those types of survey questions on any forum.

Infiniti Q30 (refuses to die)
Chev Malibu Limited 2.5L N/A version as DD

It shows how far cars have advanced decade after decade that I consider my bu to be more pleasurable to drive than the old Q30. Well, if I bought the latest Infiniti it would certainly surpass the bu. 100% of every car I've ever owned has been new. I don't foresee changing that.

I'm 27
My Daily Driver 2000 Celica GTS
I also have a 2000 AP1 S2000

2008 Miata

26 and I have 4 cars. A 2010 Mustang GT, a 2014 Mustang GT, a 1988 Mustang lx, and a 1988 f150

>56
>People older than 30 come on Veeky Forums
>People older than 40 come on Veeky Forums

I don't mean to be rude, nor come across as some entitled kid going "SECRET CLUB NO ADULTS ALLOWED xD" (as I realize that if nothing else, Veeky Forums started in 2003 meaning that oldfags who've been here since the very beginning, assuming they started posting at 18 [lol] would be 31+ years old), but... do you 'get' the culture? Do you post funny reaction pictures to dumb posts? Do you participate in 'shitposting', or any of the other things we 18 to 20-somethings do?

Or are you just a chill older fella who enjoys the fact that Veeky Forums, while a shithole, occasionally offers a modicum of candid discussion about all kinds of automotive topics without needing to filter yourself at all, and just occasionally pop in a thread and add to the discussion if you can contribute meaningfully?

I have an irrational interest in the concept of 'old[er] people being internet-savvy' because it's hard to accept it when my mother who's of similar age is still at the "copy+paste chain messages on Facebook" stage, so pardon me if I come across like I'm hitting on you or something.

26 with a 13 Gen Coupe 3.8 and 07 Civic. I'm having a quarter life crisis, and these cars are not helping me through it.

21 '99 Saturn SL

>29
>2014 Jeep Wrangler

Its a bit of a piece of shit, but I love it for reasons unknown.

Basically just gonna plus-one this post.

I'm 52, will be 53 shortly...I drive a 2005 Silverado extcab...also have a 95 GMC 4x4 shortbox...it has transmission issues...I also do all my own repair work...I am not a mechanic, I'm a cabinetmaker...

I think he probably said his piece and moved on.

You know, like a rational person who's been around the block would do, stop shitposting in a thread that has no purpose for them. BUT look what just popped up:

Sir/Ma'am, would you be willing to give your two cents to this little prompt at ? Kind of doing a spur-of-the-moment "annoy the older posters" sort of deal.

So, I remember a thread on /g/ about a similar line of questioning. A dude who was like 48 answered. Basically, it was a lot like what first suggested, that basically old folks who are technologically inclined enough to ask the interwebs answers to their questions will eventually filter to sites like Veeky Forums.

Of course, a /g/uy would probably be more likely to be 'in the scene' of internet communities, assuming they're legit old-school /g/uys - programmed their own software on Apple IIs and shit.

But yeah, IIRC he basically said "no, I don't have a reaction folder, I don't really contribute to the inside jokes/memes/shitposting, I just ask and answer actual questions and occasionally chime in on interesting stuff I see".

>thanks mom!
good for you though

36 here.
I get the "culture" and the memes and shit. I shitpost occasionaly (mostly on /v/ and /pol/) other than that I enjoy a quality thread every once in a while on /an/, Veeky Forums and /wsg/.

But then again, I've been here since 2004 and I was 23 at the time. So it's true what they say : "you're here forever". I don't know what's being old have to do with any of it honestly. This faggot community is litteraly "what you see is what you get", so either take it or fuck off. Age is totaly irrelevant.

On the "internet savvy" topic, I'd say again that age is irrelevant.
Most people my age have been around 20 when the internet really came out of the closet in the early 2K so they either get on with the time or just said "fuck it" and ten years later they are in a world of shit because everything is internet related at some point now. But the interweb is nothing complicated, especially today. I Know people who are far above 40s having no trouble using a computer and internet simply because they have a functionnal brain, ie : I don't know how to do X, let's look it up on google and learn something along the way.
On the other hand, I know an awful lot of mid 20s, early 30s who are little bitches that need to been spoonfed every answer to any trouble, regardless of the fact that a two seconds google search would have solved the trouble without having to cry like a fag on some random forum.

It's never a question of age, it's a question of how dumb and lazy people really are.