Cars torque converter goes out

>cars torque converter goes out
>have to put it away for winter
>mfw I'm literally going to spend all winter worrying about repairing my shitbox
How do I keep sane Veeky Forums? I don't have the dough to fix it right now but It's killing me knowing my car isn't all right

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=How to change fuel injectors v6 mustang 2001
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>cars torque converter goes out

#autotragicproblems

>go to junkyard
>Buy converter out of shitty wrecked car, possibly entire transmission because why not
>install it during winter

whats the problem

dis.

>no junkyard that offers pick and pull during winter for 100 miles

Trust me user I have just the solution for you. I have totally been there.

What you need to do, and this is a sure fire cure, is just get like 4 other projects. Maybe like a 2 motorcycles, a pickup and an old pulling tractor?

Guaranteed you'll have other things on your mind!

Love
user

Dude, a torque converter isn't much work to replace. Drop exhaust, drop driveshaft, drop trans, replace converter, reassemble.

On fwd car it's even easier, for me it was two axles, a starter, 3 mounts and the whole transmission came out.

Next time buy a manual faggot

Believe me I'm kicking myself harder than you believe

Do you have 4 jack stands, a floor jack, and some sockets and wrenches? You can change this. You don't have to go into the transmission at all. Just make sure the symptoms match that of a bad converter.

>buys manual
>has to replace clutch instead
dont see how that would be any different.

either way, it's a 2 hour job. suck it up bitch nigga.

Its rare for torque converters to go bad clutches are meant to be replaced they perform similar functions and are in the same spot. You're no better off with a manual

True, but if unmaintained it seems like mid-2000s autos have a habit of shitting themselves more frequently than manuals.

I know a guy whos already gone through two clutches

Then he's a fucking terrible driver and should stop resting his foot on the clutch or whatever retarded schtick he's doing.

Why would a junk yard not allow you to pull parts in the winter?

It depends on the car usually GM and ford torque converters are usually fine. Mopar torque converters are iffy especially jeeps. Japs are pretty good. Also minivans kill torque converters like nothing regardless of brand

Well I can't go past 2k RPMS without punching the gas and between 30-45 mph the whole car jerks like I'm hitting the brakes except I'm not

Apperently they don't want someone to sue over frostbite if they're out there too long trying to wrench a motor from a car

However I don't know if it's coincedental but I put fuel injector cleaner in my car and it seemed to make the car stop bucking as hard but it still bucks

My car has 30k miles on it and it's from fucking 2001
It's not looking good
Mileage is a fucking meme

It is literally this easy to look up symptoms per part or part per symptoms.
Told you it would have problems with that low mileage. Yearly trans flush my ass.

Yes except it's only shuddering and jerking it's not over heating the fluids fine and there's no strange noises
That's why I don't know for sure if it is the torque converter
>yearly trans flush my ass
It did I have papers to prove it
But that's besides the point is it the torque converter or not

I don't fuckin' know, you're the one who can look at the car. DIAGNOSE IT. Not all symptoms are always there when a part is bad. What's the trans fluid level? What's the color of the fluid? If you disengage drive does it still do it? Etc

trans fluid level is fine
If I disengage drive it doesn't do it no
Color is pinkish red

sounds like bad bands, gunked up valve body passages, or bad connections at trans sensors or bad trans sensors themselves.

any codes being thrown?

At this point then, look up how a torque converter should look, how much fluid it should have, then get it out and inspect it.

That's the thing there's no codes not CEL nothing

How hard is it to replace fuel injectors?

Bullshit theres no codes. Does the CEL flash when you start the car? This is important.
lmgtfy.com/?q=How to change fuel injectors v6 mustang 2001

I swear there's no CEL no nothing and no one will check for codes cuz "muh CEL isn't on there's no codes"