What are you thoughts about the 2017 volvo xc90?

Im 18 and was thinking about getting this car but ive heard some worries about maintence being expensive af and the engine wearing out due to being super turbo charged on a 4 cylinder 2 liter soo can u guys help me with the pros and cons of the car?

Fuck off.

>You’re not 18.
>You can’t afford a car.
>You can’t afford a Volvo
>You can’t afford a 2017 model year car.
>You can’t afford an XC90

If I add all these things together, you can still fuck off!

If you can afford the XC90, you're financially well off enough to make your own decision regarding total cost of ownership.

>Im 18 and was thinking about getting this car

a) There is no 18 yr old on God's green earth that lusts after a Swedish Durango. If a kid has $70k in his pocket his is most definitely getting something else: RS4, M3, Vette, ZL1, DT350R, etc...

b) If the Volvo is not based off the Dodge, then the Swedes went full-on Kia on this one.

Might as well suck the poz cum from Tyrone yourself

Lol europeans dont copy shitty dodges m8

Way too big and inefficient. The XC60 T8 is supreme.

If I were you, I'd be checkin out some trucks instead of a special european wagon thing. There's always something you need a truck for

Need glasses m8?

Having driven some 2016 models:
>Maintenance is insignificant compared to purchase cost
>Engine isn't stressed as much on the T8 models
>T8 models are relatively quick for an SUV this pigfat. D4 and D5 models are way too slow.
>It's comfy
>Don't give a fuck about reliability if you buy it new, you'll buy another before the warranty is over anyways

What in the name of fuck are you smoking? The XC90 is based off exactly nothing at all, it's a completely new architecture and styling generation.

>Volvo will never make a T8 XC40 or C40
Goddammit. I just want a 400hp hybrid hot hatch, and the old R models deserve a good successor.

Volvo is shit, owning my 01 V70 T5 has been a non-stop battle to keep it running. Bought brand new, even got the whole come to Sweden, see the factory shit. I have all of 118,000 miles on it now and I've had to replace the rear main twice, turbo has blown twice, ignition coils 3 times, PCV system probably close to a dozen times now. This thing is a garage stored weekend driver, basically, and it can't even stand up to that.

To compare the two (Dodge vs. Volvo)
>Chin vs. integrated crash support
>Double power bulge vs single power bulge
>Headlights integrated into grille vs. seperate
>Single belt line vs double
>Integrated vs seperate C-pillar
>Single lower grille vs. three part

Oh, and the fundamentals:
>Longitudinal RWD/AWD vs. Transverse FWD/AWD

mmmm

vs the "copy"

>What in the name of fuck are you smoking? The XC90 is based off exactly nothing at all, it's a completely new architecture and styling generation.

The you are admitting that Volvo pulled a kia and did a direct copy of the durango. They were not aiming very high, were they?

I would actually have more respect for Volvo if they rebadged the durango rather than pulling a kia and copying it.

Seriously, give me some of the stuff you're smoking, you're high as a kite if you can see visibile similarities between a Durango and a new XC90. Have you ever even seen one in person, nevermind looking at the completely dissimilar pictures online?

Those interiors are very close. So close, that without seeing them in person to determine the material qualities, I would favor the dodge over the Volvo.

Quite frankly, I dont see what the extra 20k gets for the average 18yr-old-shopping-for-a-european-crossover market.

Don’t get a full size family suv if your only 18

>Those interiors are very close.
You should get your eyes, check, they aren't, even fi you don't take the materials into account.
>Single lines vs. bulbous mess
>Single center screen vs. screen with buttons
>Organised vs. cluttered steering wheel
>Start button and gear lever combined vs. rotary gear selector with seperate start button
I could go on and on here.

All the major components are in the same location and are of similar size and shape. A/C vents, center stack, drivers instrumentation, side window defrost vents, dash cap shape, door speakers...

Again, if it is not a rebadge, it is a full-on kia clone attempt. I have more respect for a rebadge effort than a clone of a lesser priced vehicle.

Plus, shouldn't an 18 yr old be looking a a jeep or a rover if they really want a truck? a mom-mobile is not exactly 18 yr old material is it?

Fucking fuck this thing is ugly. My little town is crawling with these shits

>>Single lines vs. bulbous mess
>>Single center screen vs. screen with buttons
>>Organised vs. cluttered steering wheel

Dont understand how vehicles are put together these days, do you. Badge | rebranding engineering was perfected in the 60s.

A touch screen can easily replace a button radio as long as the chassis and pinouts are common. Manufactures do this all the time. They do it with steering wheels and a/c vents too...

>A/C vents, center stack, drivers instrumentation, side window defrost vents, dash cap shape, door speakers...
That's because all of those elements are pretty much standardised nowadays in terms of location and size. AC vents go in the middle, next to or under the center stack, driver instrumentation is either a double round or a single rectangular screen, side window vents tend to be pointed at the side windows, door speakers tend to be in the doors.

However, looking at the dash cap they're already completely different. The Volvo has a three layer designed using wood and leather, with a single clear line running from end to end. The Dodge uses plastic and metal, with a bulbous line going from left to right.

You know, the hyundai|kia|genesis marketing guys are trying to start a viral campaign too. No one is buying it over there, either.

Face facts, 18 yrs olds dont say
>>Chin vs. integrated crash support
>>Single belt line vs double
>>Integrated vs seperate C-pillar
>>Single lines vs. bulbous mess
>>Organised vs. cluttered steering wheel

And speaking of marketing departments, you must be Chinese (of course, we all know that Geely Holding Group owns Volvo). That UK spelling of "organized" is a tell.

Listen, copying competitor's cars 1:1 may work in China, but it will fail miserably in the West.

I'm not OP (thank god), I'm not 18, and I'm Dutch, we tend to use UK spelling. Too bad nobody one Veeky Forums has ever learned anything about vehicle styling, or they'd actually be able to comprehend those pancy-pants engineering terms.

Nobody outside the USA and Russia teaches American English academically.

Look, you got outted. It is not so bad.

Westerners actually like Volvo and we are hapy that you saved them from disappearing off the planet, al la Saab. Just go back to the central planning committee and tell them what you learned here today:
- Westerners are not against Chinese cars. they are against clones.
- 18 year olds dont buy mom-mobiles new. If an 18 yr old has an XC90 it is because his parents gave it to him as a hand-me-down. And, rest assured, his friends let him know it every single day.

American ignorance everybody.

don't piss off one of your biggest markets, Xi.

>I'm 18
>Volvo XC90
>base price 60k€
Since you're there with Daddy's Money™ why don't you buy a complementaty Golf or A3 to drive while your Volvo takes 2-3 month for production?

I think most kids that age would buy a 4-door Wrangler and pocket the rest. Wrangler Unlimited is the coolest car to that age demo, by far

speaking of XC90s, I replaced my foggy headlights today

why are headlights these days made of shitty plastic?

What does everyone think of the next Convertible?