Veeky Forums how fucked am I?

Veeky Forums how fucked am I?
I'll spare you the details, I hit a curb while understeering at 20 miles an hour(ish). The wheel has moved back so it rubs against the wheel arch.

Pic related is the bent wishbone or control arm or whatever it is.

I'll post what it should look like in the other side.

Replace suspension and possibly wheel, you'll be good.

How expensive is that. What do you mean replace suspension? Aren't there several parts to suspension?

This is what it's supposed to look like.

What's the name of the bent thing at the bottom? Lower control arm? Is it difficult to replace? Do I need to take it to a garage?

I have to take it to garage anyway because my locking nut groove is bolded so I need to get it drilled to get the wheel off.

if that's fucked then your wheel probably is as well

google "you car name lower control arm" and buy a new one

Hilarious

Is that 100% what it is?
The wheel doesn't look bent. Just very chipped.

It's not funny

I'm dying inside. I have uni tomorrow. No chance of it getting fixed.

>Is that 100% what it is?
well google it and compare pics found with your part.

>I'm dying inside. I have uni tomorrow. No chance of it getting fixed.

Not a big deal. Take a taxi, meanwhile please an order online for the part(s).

Then go to Hobbywerkstatt and replace that fucker.

no big deal man. i hit a curb almost dead on at 30 and still drove the thing home just fine. turned out the thing still held air when i stepped out to inspect damage.

The rim still holds air and no cracks. The thing is my steering arm is also bent and needs replacing. I need to replace the wishbone and entire steering rack.

I have a large amount of positive camber.

Well i had to get it fixed because the mot test was 2 weeks later or i would just kept driving it as it was. just hammer things back in place and it should be fine. does it still run and drive?

If you're lucky, it's simply the lower control arm, replace then you're on your way. However looking at the picture it appears that your sub frame might be damaged as well. If that's the case then you will have to replace the entire front subframe. As well as anything else on the side that may have been bent, steering parts and whatnot.

>I need to replace the wishbone and entire steering rack

all i see damaged is your lower control arm

where do you see damage to the subframe?

You have to understand I'm looking at a picture on the Internet, I said it might be bent. But it is not uncommon for the actual bolts that hold the control arm to the subframe to bend, and/or to bend the mounting points/locations for those control arms as well. One of your mounting points appears to have paint missing, and I can see a small crack. Knowing how easily subframes can be damaged, that led me to believe you may need a subframe. You will have to get it looked at by someone that actually knows what they are doing. They can tell you for sure, No amount of pictures over the Internet will ever get you a correct assessment.

yeah i know, but you said looking at the picture it appers it might be damaged what part of what picture makes you think/say that?

takee no offense, i understand what ya mean
just looking for pointers for the guy if you see something there

I would replace

>LCA
>shock absorber
>track rod
>radius arm
>wheel

The shock is probably ok, but all the others will have to be replaced.

Re read my post. I literally spend half of it stating why I think your subframe may be damaged or bent.

Metal is connected to metal, if one thing Bends chances are good that other things will bend. Bolts are smaller and known to brnd. The mounting tabs On subframe are thin and known to bend. It happens.

I replaced all the rear control arms on my last project car chasing a bad alignment. it ended up being a combination of bent tabs on subframe sub frame and damaged mounting bolts from where the previous owner drifted over a curb.

Unless you have the mechanical knowledge to throw parts at it until it straight, get it looked at professionally.

You will want to pay close attention to the A-frame. It's the part of the frame that runs along the bottom of the suspension from one side to the other, and it's what nearly all of the other suspension parts such as your totally screwed LCA bolts to.

Look at that shiny part I circled, is that cracked? If so, you're right fucked. If no, you should be good to go. You need to CLEAN this part before you declare it good. Use a good scrubber like Purple Power or Simple Green, clean the hell out of it, and if your eyes are shit, get a magnifier. Any cracks whatsoever, and you're toast.

Other than that, with some basic hand tools, a BFH, and a lot or penetrating fluid, the swap isn't hard. (I use a 50/50 mix of ATF and Acetone myself, but Kano Kroil is tits, too, Liquid Wrench doesn't suck. Don't use fucking WD-40, that's not penetrating fluid, you may as well use spit)

By the way, almost all new LCA's come with ball joints. If for some odd reason yours doesn't, you'll have to press a new one in. Do NOT use your old ball joint, don't even think of it.

It's not a crack that's the way the light is shining. There are no cracks anywhere. The steering rack arm is very bent and I was told that you can't just put in a new arm I'll need a whole new rack.

I have never changed my oil. This is my first car and I've had for 2 months. I can't afford to wrench myself and see if it works. Because time is really an issue. I need to be at uni so it's going to have to be left at shop because it seems bigger than just a LCA.

You can also see the drive shaft is pushed against that thin vertical metal thing, no clue what it is. You can see the bent steering arm behind it. The bend is directly behind that.

BFH? ATF?

It seems I don't have the tools knowledge or time for the fix. Thank you all for your time. I'm going go get ripped off by a mechanic.

What kind of tin can do you drive? Not knocking you, I've done the same in a Miata, but I only busted an end link and ball joint.

Vauxhall Corsa.
I'm just happy my sub frame seems intact.

Can someone explain why I'd need a new shock?
There isn't any damage to strut from what I can tell.

I did the same thing a couple months ago, cost me $600, but my car is way heavier and my wheel broke, I'm in my phone so I have no pics.
Where u from btw?

>BFH

Big Fucking Hammer

>ATF

Automatic Transmission Fluid

If you've never even changed your own oil, you're not ready for this. Take it to a professional.

Bong land