I just bought an 88 Honda Accord DX for 500 bucks. Alternator and valve gasket need replaced...

I just bought an 88 Honda Accord DX for 500 bucks. Alternator and valve gasket need replaced. Idles high but I’m assuming the carb just needs adjusted. Did I do good? Pic related.

You did decently, how high is the mileage?

Do you plan on restoring it to its former glory or is this just a cheap car to get you to and from your wage slave "job"

>buying are shitbox for 500 bucks
you did terribly. should've bought something actually good for 2500.

Yeah bro, isn't he stupid for buying a car without any useless features.

fucking retard he needs to spend 3k on a civic

good find, OP

a 2500-3k civic has no useless features.

that's what i meant.

Wage slave is an interesting way to say 'contributing to society'

Selling Chinese poison is hardly contributing.

Selling diarrhea tubes at taco bell is contributing

you did aesthetic
i own one ask away

110k. I plan on getting her running healthy and that’s probably as close to former glory as I can get. Only rust on it is a tiny spot right above the back passenger wheel well that I didn’t even notice until I got her home. Can already tell she’s a tank. Made it home with no electronics at all for probably 10 minutes of driving. Pop up headlights even work as they should.

I dont and probably won’t daily her unless necessary. This is my daily. 99 TL with just over 200k on it. Things a beast.

Fuel injected or carbureted?

FI.
got two leaking giving me an average of 9 MPG

>accord
>with pop-ups

maximum comfy. good job, user

ill try led conversion next season
coupeanon ill keep you posted

wait if its a DX it should be carbed

I own a an 87 lx 4 door manual and it is the best car ever. I'm sort of jealous you found a 2 door though. Harder to find.

not bad user

I say you've done good. In my searching they're hard to find, but if the body is clean, take what you can get

he could just pay $2500 in simple mods

not op

EXi :)

ohh. dang thats lucky i have a carbed. though its weber swapped so its fast.

IF it's manual you did awesome. Accords are better than civics. find a HONDA service manual. Prepare for doing alot of maintenance. These cars are easy to work on. First thing to be aware of is the timing belt. I think these have interference engines, so if the timing belt breaks you engine is fucked.

Parts are cheap. Don't let the hobby fags ruin your fun by being anal as fuck over everything. Enjoy it friend. Late 80's early 90's hondas are an automotive experience that is literally vanishing.

OP here. Mines a DX and carbed. Wish it was a 5 speed lxi but for how clean it is I had to take what I could get. Body is beautiful man. 99% rust free.
It’s an auto unfortunately. It shifts good as far as an 88 goes. Only 110k on it so I assume it’ll last at least 20-30k before I need a rebuild. I’ll probably end up trying to do a manual conversion when the auto poops but it’s my daily as of tonight. Just wrecked my daily into a divider going 60ish. Things totaled.

What obscure pictures. You must be a professional craigslist postet

I would see about changing the trans fluid, and putting in some additive. See what people recommend on the forums.

again don't let the hobby fags ruin your fun. People will shit on the auto all day about it failing. But the failure rate may only be 1 in a thousand. At the end of the day it was a $500 dollar car. Better to drive it like you stole it and have fun vs sweating over every tiny thing that might break.