How can Koenigsegg be this fucking based

How can Koenigsegg be this fucking based

>On a closed highway in Nevada the Koenigsegg Agera RS hit an average (two runs, one in each direction) top speed of 277.9 mph
>Later, the car smashed its own 0-400-0 km/h record, setting a time of 33.87 seconds. Their previous record was 36.44 seconds, and the Bugatti Chiron did it in 41.98 seconds.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6_n7ru1e-rg
youtube.com/watch?v=xj4gar5dKAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Start buying Koenigsegg

Can you Eurobeat drift it?

If you believe hard enough.

Camless engine when?

Is this fucking Christianposting

But have they built 30 of it?

>Later, the car smashed its own 0-400-0 km/h record, setting a time of 33.87 seconds.

>still can't beat a meme bike piloted by turk roach

youtube.com/watch?v=6_n7ru1e-rg

what did they mean by this?

If memory serves me right there are something like 70 Ageras around, including the 3 "Agera Final" models.

>bike speedo, no logging equipment
>only 0-400, no braking
>quoted as "26 seconds"
>no logging equipment or actual time presented
>in the video it's more like 29 seconds

Also, pic related. What did they mean by this?

When the bike can stop in the same time so the time is the same, call me.

Yet nobody wants it lmao

what do you mean nobody? And who cares who wants or doesn't want it. The point is can you even afford it?

Exactly.

Just because it's more than you can afford, pal

bike =//= car

>roaches

Poogatti Peeron on poomiliation watch

>Smashes the top speed record
>Then smashes their own 0-400-0 record again
He can't keep getting away with it

>Agera completely sold out, they have to keep making special editions because people keep throwing obscene amounts of money on them to do it
>First edition of Regera completely sold out (80 units) before they even started production of it

"Nobody wants it" gtfo with your lies

80 cars, jee wiz

>80 cars at $2m a pop before options

Don't try to downplay it.

people falling for the agera vs chiron war meme are the epitome of benchracing retardness

>average 278
>one of the runs was FASTER

the fuck

Yeah it was like 282 or something

>On a closed highway in Nevada
Shit, I live in Las Vegas and 90% of our highway lanes are closed for construction at all times.

these speeds are getting absolutely retarded

people forget that the chiron engine is undertuned as fuck

Okay, now let's start production on a $30k working man's model that still has a

Konigsegg did 0-400-0 that means that it includes braking.
In the other run they did the braking took about 10sec so this 0-400km/h run should be around 24sec.

This is true, they're probably working on a SuperSport version as we speak.
Seriously, look at that fucking torque curve. It starts cutting back on boost at fucking 2k RPM.

i'm getting tired of this bald hack with muh agera edition number 1232131. Make proper fast car with no ricing shit every year just to benchrace it with muh stats

kys

>make a proper car
>The improper one goes 277mph

uhh

sure bud

not even sure what you want to go with that

But this is the Agera RS. This is going to be like that Veyron record where it wasn't acknowledged because they had to deactivate the electronic limiter.

>can cost 5 million $
>doesn't have to meet safety regs due to low production numbers
>doesn't have to meet racing regs because it's not used in racing
It's not hard to make a good car when there are no limits or compromises to make

It's just because rappers can't think of anything to rhyme with "Koenigsegg" yet. BOOGAHTTI already sounded "urban" so it was as easy to market.

He seems pretty cool. I always wonder how he gets smart engineers to work for him. Does he give stock options or something? A wicked smart engineer can get paid handsomely from VW, Telsa, etc. with stock options, pension, etc. Why would I work for a boutique that could fold at any moment?

>wasn't acknowledged

the fuck are you talking about

That's fucking insane

>doesn't have to meet safety regs
Are you shitting me? Do you know what a fucking nightmare Koenigsegg have had trying to get their cars certified in the US because of your retarded ass safety laws?

Part of the reason it costs so much is BECAUSE it has to conform to safety regulations and it has to be crash tested and it has to have an environmental rating and a bunch of other bureaucracy bullshit that production cars have to go through.

Why the fuck does Christian not possess eyebrows?

>ITT: Assmad underage Bugatti fanboys make excuses

It's actually Boogahti if a high school kid says it.

>work for Bugatti, and by extension VW
>have to do shit according to the VW business model, shit has to go through 20 different committees before it gets approved and can go on the car
>shitloads of competition from thousands of other engineers who would rather work on the Bugatti than on the latest Passat

vs

>work for Koenigsegg
>Basically 96 mates in an old fighter jet hangar playing with metal 3D printers, autoclave-cured carbon fiber and CNC-milled aluminium
>Flat organization, the CEO literally walks around the factory floor helping out
>if you think of something cool you find him and tell him about it, there's a high chance it will be on the development mule within weeks if not days

There's probably a heck of a lot more gratification for nerds/smart engineers who like what they do in working for a company like Koenigsegg than a company like VW.

He said it was some kind of stress-caused hair loss.

He doesn't have eyelashes either. He appears to be completely hairless. Does he have a condition or something?

>>doesn't have to meet safety regs due to low production numbers

Haha what?
>be koenigsegg
>build carbon fiber monocoque stronger than any roll cage
>still have to fit a roll cage to the car to be able to sell it in the united states of freedom
???

Can we get some christianposting?

Based eggman

Better aero

KEK

youtube.com/watch?v=xj4gar5dKAU

>hit 284 mph in one of the runs
Fucking hell
>doesn't shift into top gear until 228 mph
Fucking hell x2

Yeah the dude didn’t go 400 kmh, but he came real close which isn’t bad for a commercial production 50k track bike. A $20k turbo busa could BTFO koenigsegg easily

Why is the egg doing this with his old car.
When will he rek everything with the one:1

The Agera RS has the same powertrain, but less aggressive aero bits. For the most part they're the same car.

The egg has said himself that he reckons the one:1 is faster

One:1 has a lower top speed because of all the insane aero.

where's the helicopter pov footage?? :OOOO

It'll probably be in Koenigseggs video when their official release comes along. They had two helicopters, the madmen

dude hypercars going fast in a straight line lmao

Dude turning is so fun driving isn't cool unless you turn otherwise it's boring we should have more turns.

I don't understand, isn't aero the deciding factor when trying to go top speed?

It's my understanding tire resistance is pretty linear at high speeds, but aerodynamic drag increases and slows you down exponentially the faster you go?

So how does insane aero make the one:1 slower? Does it generate too much downforce?

Yes, exactly. The aero on the One:1 is optimized for grip/downforce. This sacrifices "slipperiness" through the air.

>When he floors it at 300 km/h and he hits 0.4 G

Dude, having all that shit bolted on the car creates drag.

My fucking sides.

>He hasn't taken the bikepill.

Stop liking Pagani.

ITT calamari faggots trying to defend bikes having any relevance in top speed car runs

Damn. I imagine cooling is an issue as is grenading the transmission, in terms of why they dial down the power so much. I bet that motor could do 2500 ft-lbs. if
they let it loose.

He's an alpaca!

>that faubt wohoo at the end

meanwhile at vw:
Hans, ze swedes are too fast!
We need a new Motor, ze Wesechzehnquadturbo is zu slow.
Hans: Nein, W-16 is of not maxed out, can still verbesser it, ze Doppelkupplungsgetriebe is of problem.

Seriously, the 1580 Nm of torque indicate a boost of about 1 bar/14 psi.
Since the torque is constant from 2000 rpm to rev limiter, I assume the limit must be a different component like the gearbox, clutch or some driveshaft.
The problem is to build a DCT transmission for about 2000 Nm and AWD system in a car is something pretty much unheared of in production cars and would most likely require a full redesign of the whole transmission and AWD unit.

Tesla has the same problem with their most powerfull version of the Model S, they increased rear wheel torque to a level where they snap driveshafts after a certain time due to fatique.
Since replacing the is pretty easy and cheap they can get away with it, covering it under waranty.
But imagine the DCT unit in a Chiron would grenade...

Yeah, I think the sheer weight of the Chiron coupled with the AWD is a real transmission/driveshaft killer. A Chiron weighs almost as much as one and a half Koenigsegg Ageras.

Still, I don't think I've ever seen a torque curve like that. It's crazy.

DCT a shit. Torque converter is the way to go for heavy duty.

>Torque converter is the way to go for heavy duty.
No, a torque converter eats away your power and heats up like crazy as soon as you put that much power into it.
The Issue with that particular DCT is that it was never designed to handle that much torque and it needs to be beefed up to do so.
You would have the same issue with any gearbox when you drasticly increase the engine torque.

Same goes for the 2-stage reduction gear in the Tesla.

1100 kW Engine. Probably a lot more if design is not restricted by DCT tranny. Put a slushbox behind it. Loosing up to 10% to heat.
>have a 110kW space heater IN your car.

>he's an organ donor

Until the rider BTFO of himself when he hits a pebble at that speed

The issue is that the torque converter would burn the ATF verry fast since it can´t get rid of the heat produced, wich is the main problem of cars like that.
Also most torque converters hit 90% efficiency at their best point of operation, wich is usually not maximum power.
Let´s assume the chiron engine could do about 20% more and the efficiency of the torque converter would average 80%:
1100 kW *1,2*0,2 = 264 kW
Now you loose up to 264 kW of power during accelleration and need to get rid of it in form of heat, wich means you need additional cooling systems that require additional airflow wich increases aerodynamic drag that slows you down.

TL;DR
It would actualy loose speed with a torque converter automatic

just need to wait for some rich arab to up the boost on their chiron

...and snap the transmission

Yeah man slap a Cobb Stage 2 on that bro

ohfug

So is that Koenigsegg-powered Spyker still happening?

>Casually cruising at 120 mph

Mind boggling

>tfw your car takes ~30 seconds to get to 60mph

there's official videos of the run, and they hit 284 MPH (7 mph faster than the OP posted 277)

IS THERE NO END TO THIS MANS MADNESS?

Yeah, that's one way. They didn't quite hit that on the return run, which is where that average figure of 277.9 comes from.

I can't afford a Pagani either but I want one unlike kikesegg.

Some curly fries would be nice.

Not compared to a $40k twin turbo V8.

kill yourself

Show me a dyno sheet for a V8 that has 1600 nm (that's 1180 ft lbs, I'm assuming you're an american because of your statement) from 2000 to 6500 rpm. I'll wait.

>550 hp at 500 rpm

Looking at the wrong side of the graph.

Im not, im impressed that this engine makes 5 times the peak power of my car while basically idling.

The numbers on the left are torque, power is on the right.
Still though, 550Nm at idle is fucking ridiculous.

oh wait, i am. thats still nuts.

Yes you are left side of the graph is torx, right side is horsepower, it doesn't make 500 HP until 2500RPM, you are looking at torx, which is still nuts.

kek