Current shitbox is getting old, car still works but age is starting to show itself

>current shitbox is getting old, car still works but age is starting to show itself
>in a position where I can afford to buy a new car
>start browsing for options
>everything is fucking shit

Why are modern cars so fucking bad? Absolutely nothing stands out.

One car that really intersts me, although it's for 2018, is the new Swift sport

970kg for 140hp is just music to my ears

If you got money why not just restore said shitbox

I could, but while my shitbox has served me really well since I've owned it I'd like to move on and try a different car.

I'll likely keep driving my shitbox though. Every potential option I've looked at has some huge compromise that ends up being a deal breaker for me.

Maybe I'm too much of a picky faggot. But then again, when automakers are balls deep into crossovers it's so hard to find a decent car aimed more at enthusiasts. Not even asking for a crazy sports car. Just something that hasn't had it soul ripped away from it.

just get something you want my dude. anything after 2000 should be new enough

Porsche?

fabricate custom parts to make your shitbox better than new?

One thing I want is practicality, but if that weren't an issue I would just get an RF MX-5/Miata.

Perhaps I should just say fuck it.

>Miata with practicality
Toyobaru?

Grab a used Cayman OP, you won't regret it

Yeah no kidding. I drive a mk4 GTI and was looking at buying a newer GTI or Golf R but like everything else they're just starting to look the same. No current cars stand out and cross overs are what the idiot general public wants so thats what they are getting. I feel ya

Friend owns one, and the backseats are just too small. I'd rather just get the Mazda as I prefer the driving over the Toyobaru.

I've considered it. Never really researched Porsches too much because I'm afraid of muh maintenance costs. Are Caymans friendly to maintain yourself?

If you're looking for practically, look towards the hot hatches. They're the best of both worlds. Plenty of room, safety and usability, but enough sport to actually enjoy driving them. Examples include but are not limited to: The Ford Focus, The Honda Civic Hatch, The VW Golf R & GTI.

bump

It depends on how good you are at figuring how to do stuff. With the engine in a bit of a weird spot, it can take a little while to figure out how to do things. Once you know though, it's in general easy to work on them and Boxsters.

Prices aren't top bad if you buy parts from rock auto as well.

Buy something very good that's used. Otherwise enjoy your touchscreens and mandatory tire pressure sensors and backup cameras.

I drove a modified s13 240sx for 15years, it got to the point that even with a full restoration it would still be a very old car for daily use.

Researched for a year, ended up with a new 2017 Golf GTI Sport. Had to upgrade the factory all-season tires to michilin pilot super sports within the first 1000miles because they could not match the performance of the car. Super happy with the results.

>swift sport
that's a sweet-looking car, and I don't say that a lot about modern cars.

They're not bad. They're well designed so serviceability was probably taken into account. Just get the durametric software for diagnostics.

Company cultures thats why

And art school is filled with numales and foreigners

m i a t a my d u d e
the NDs look so good

*rips your tranny*

Really though, the ND and ND RF look extremely nice.
Aftermarket seems to catch up too.

Why don't people like tire pressure sensors and backup cameras?

not everything is fucking shit
you're just too poor to afford the decent stuff

More shit that we don’t need but have to pay for, and more shit to break.

Because any mongoloid can fucking operate a tire pressure checker and shouldn't have to rely on a computer to tell them to inflate it

sonic a best modern shitbox