Should I buy an ecoboost f150? why/why not

should I buy an ecoboost f150? why/why not

No.

Because a N/A V8 is better in every conceivable way. It's a heavy truck that already gets shit gas mileage with an Ecotoot, accept this and just enjoy driving it.

Ideally you wouldn't buy something so unreliable either, but that's a different matter.

>V6

>full size truck

lol

>better in every conceivable way
less torque that comes in at a higher rpm is better??

no. get a 5.0.

why

6.2L makes more hp and more torque, what the fuck are you on about.

than the current gen ecoboost? nah

I drove the 3.5, it felt good, smooth, plenty of power, a downshift on the highway is more of a soft whoosh rather than the big event of a v8.

A turbocharged engine is already over-stressed compared to a N/A engine of the same displacement. It's facing higher pressures and more heat regularly. You can compensate for this by beefing up components and sleeving the cylinders differently.

But let's be honest - Ford trucks aren't designed to last, and the idea that Ford would have spent the time, energy, and resources to over-build an Ecoboost engine so it lasts as long as a N/A engine is ridiculous. They know 90% of buyers are going to ditch the truck in 5 years or less, just so they can buy a new one.

An underworked engine is ALWAYS a better option for reliability and maintenance, but when you're talking about towing and hauling, it's UNDOUBTEDLY the better choice.

But really this poster is right Get a Tundra with the 5.7L, 381hp and 401torques @ 3600RPM. Plus it won't turn itself into a grenade after 100,000 miles.

Or just get a Ridgeline, we all know you don't need to tow anything.

yes. get the 3.5 or 2.7
/thread

Because they only fixed the 3.5 ecoboost for the 2017 model year. the old ones had carbon buildup and other problems. the 5.0 has been mostly reliable.

the tundra is shit. it's ancient.

>They know 90% of buyers are going to ditch the truck in 5 years or less, just so they can buy a new one.

ya, i.e. me. I have a job that pays more than minimum wage, so I can afford one with 10k

also
>runs on highway at 1400rpm
>stressed
pick one

ya buying a 17. have a job that isn't mcdonalds, unlike 98% of you fucks

>not keeping your truck forever
kys

>being broke
kys

My buddy has a first gen ecoboost F150 and theres been a lot of problems surrounding his turbos. The manufacturers warranty fixes have been pretty Mickey Mouse too. Drilling holes in the plumbing to let excess condensation out and zip tying a piece of plastic over half the intercooler. Get the 5.0 or the newer generation

>Just getting rid of your truck all willy nilly

The truck (or really any decent car) is an extension of yourself and should be treated as such.

i'm not broke. it's called being responsible. if you're spending 50k on a truck you should be keeping it forever. it's a tool and tools are good as long as they work or can be fixed for less than the down payment on a new one. Once you paid it off why would you want to immediately get stuck with a car payment again? They're not adding that many genuinely useful features.

If you're willing to have the engine crumble on you after 130,000 miles, then be my guest.

Same thing happened to my dad's F-150 equipped with the 3.5L ecoshit engine. The engine took a shit on itself while he was out of town. He gave it the proper maintenance and everything and in return it gave him a slap in the face.

Stick with the 5L, only known issues that i'm aware of are the water pumps, but other than that it's a solid engine.

Too add the ecoboost wasn't "economical" because his highway MPG was averaging 15 MPG, that's not even far off from what the 5L V8 averages anyway.

130k miles is pretty damn good for a Ford. Just google "ecoboost truck engine fail" and you'll find people with 50k and multiple engine failures. I always see ecoboost cop cars and trucks on flatbeds on the way tot he shop.

>130k miles is pretty damn good for a Ford.

It's nothing for the 5L, my cousin has the same exact truck equipped with that engine. However he didn't have that water pump issue that these engines are notorious for. It's not the best engine, but it's pretty reliable for what it is.

>Just google "ecoboost truck engine fail" and you'll find people with 50k and multiple engine failures.

Seen plenty of those trucks with the same issue actually lol. Boggles my mind on how Ford thinks this engine is their magnum opus when it a piece of horse shit.

5.0 > Ecoturd

Even Ford engineers/technicians say that the 5.0 is superior in almost every aspect.

Weeb detected.

Ford trucks don't last that long? Where are you getting that from? The oldest trucks that I still see on the road are Fords.

Take your limp-dick Japanese bullshit and shove it.

>be on your way to cut block, no cell service
>have tidy tank on truck
>truck breaks down
>yeah sorry boss my 20 year old trucks broke down for the 7th time this week, but I can't get a new one cause this one is an extension of myself!!!1!!!
ya ok bud. some people need new shit. a trucks a truck, not a fuckin person
ya I need a tool that doesn't break down 6x a week when I take it up a 17km logging road when its -10 out. theres a reason loggers all have new shit, cause new shit doesn't break as much

The Tundra is still more reliable and works better as a truck than anything Ford offers. Stop being such a bitch fanboy, it's tiresome.

You're probably some 20 year old blue collar douche who will barely afford the payments and insurance. Go on then, buy babby's first truck and let me know how things go when they lay you off after 6 months and you can't afford to keep it lol.

You faggots are all the same.

>Take your limp-dick Japanese bullshit and shove it.

For every 1 Toyota that's sold, 100 Fords are sold. That's why you still see old Fords driving around.

Take your shrimp-dick redneck mentality and fuck your sister, faggot. Ford makes shit, all North Americans do. If you actually, truly believe otherwise you're just outing yourself as a colossal faggot.

>theres a reason loggers all have new shit, cause new shit doesn't break as much

No, it's because they're uneducated, insecure manlets who finally have disposable income. But their mentality is that of a 16 year old so they just blow their money on the shiniest, most aggressively marketed piece of shit that will cost them the least amount of money.

You're a fucking derp, it's just that simple. Go chop your trees down faggot, we need lumber to build all the prefab shitboxes for Pajeet and Achmed and their 40 children.

I have 13 3.5 ecoboost w/ 101k. Runs like a champ and I get 18 mpg when DD and 13 mpg when towing.

>trucks broke down for the 7th time this week

Sounds like our new fleet desu

Weeb definitely detected. Go back to jerking off to anime.

nah the reason loggers all drive new shit is because they're young and irresponsible.

stop cutting down trees faggot.

Lol nice response. Goes to show that brand loyal retards are the true brainlets in the automotive world.

>Brand loyal retard
>Unironically shills for muh Toyota
Fag

I don't shill for any brand. What you can't accept is that Toyota trucks are more reliable than your shitty domestic trucks. Of course they're not without flaws but overall less problematic than your POS Ford or Chevrolet.

My 5.0 f150 gets 20.5/17

>have toyota
>frame snaps in half due to rust

stay on the bus, pal

>Take your limp-dick Japanese bullshit and shove it.

Lol, funny. Did you know you "American" Ford wasn't made in the states? And did you know the Tundra is the only pickup made in the states, most specifically Texas? How does it feel that a pickup manufactured by a Jap was assembled in the US?

Take your limp-dick non murrican bullshit and shove it.

>rust

lol, i don't live in the North. So that's not gonna be an issue.

I usually get 23-35 if I'm highway only. 18 is getting to work/around town/idling

Namefag shill

Too bad the tundra is fucking ugly as shit and their 5.7 has low torque output for its displacement or I would consider one

I live in tennessee, it snows like once a year if we're lucky. My exboss showed me her husbands 'yota that is ~5 years newer than my '90 ranger, and the leaf spring mount had completely separated from the frame and ripped a chunk out with it. I kek'd internally and had to contain my need to tell her toyotas are shit. Keep on being deluded though.

Keep crying, knowing your domestic garbage is utter shit.
>Too bad the tundra is fucking ugly
Form over function.
But i'll agree with you on the 5.7 having low torque. Ram suffers that too.

Lol, you're talking about an old ass Toyota. Frame rust were a common issue on those, sure. But Toyota long resolved that issue, therefore it's not a big problem as it was 20 years ago.

>Keep on being deluded though.
It's not delusion if it's true, something you domesticucks hate the hear.

>reliability meme came from 80s/90s yotas
>buy a new one though, trust me goy

At least you know it doesn't have enough power to break anything and will last a while

New ones are still pretty reliable though. Which is why they've been stick with the same engine for decades.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Trust me, it will last more than a while.

>bought a ecoboost with 90k on it two months ago
How fucked am I?

Fucked status:
NOT
VERY

i cri evertim

mine has been awesome, 16mpg on 37” tires and more than enough power to get around in the mountains. I blew it up with a bad tune at 6000 miles almost 3 years ago but it’s been rock solid ever since and is approaching 70k.

What lift?

I test drove an F150. It was nice but it did not feel like a truck. You are always in the boost it seems. Even driving down a road at 45. Also the cost of having to fix the Aluminum body was a deal breaker.

I passed on the Dodge because FCA has WAY too many problems.

I went with the checy because it is a real truck underneath. Drives great and gets 22mpg on the highway. The 5.3 makes 355hp, 383t. That is plenty. After 11k miles I have had no issuse. I pull my 6k lb boat like it was a row boat. Taken it on 2 800 mile trips. Was comfy. If you are going to spend 50k on a truck make sure it is what you want.

How do I into shiny mode?

Was it.

I've never gotten it that shiny with a wash.

Wash it

I use turtle wax car wash. Works well. That is all I do.

t. Weeb

Domestic cars are not shit anymore. f-150's have a pretty excellent track record going back 50+ years.

all this rage.

Have you driven a older car before? You can't have shit break down when you are working. have a brake line rupture, starter motor go bad, alternator. All that shit that breaks on older cars.

the 6.2 is not an option on f-150's

Zone 6” with F150Lifts.com coilovers and a Pro-Comp add-a-leaf for about 8” total. I want to go up to a 12” FTS lift and 40x15.50s because I’m silly and have no self control

Did you do the labor yourself? Idk if I'm ready to drop 5k on parts and labor

I have also used it off road. Works well tho the high hood makes it hard to see right in front of you. The F150 was too low and way too much plastic down low.

When I started truck shopping the F150 was 1st on my list. But for the reasons stated I went with the chevy and I have never been sorry.

yeah, adding the leaf was a fucking cunt but the rest was straight-forward using a lift. what are you spending $5k on in parts? I have $2k into the suspension but $5k in the wheels and tires

threadly reminder that the real "working man's truck" in the US is a jap truck with 300k+ miles on it. its what all the beaners and other legit proletariat are driving. american trucks are glorified hot rods with a bed attached driven by white dudes with too much disposable income.

check your privilege.

it was from 2010-2014 and there’s some snowflake on there that has one and praises that anemic SOHC iron pile like it’s the epitome of advanced engine technology

Are you still under warranty? If so did ford have any issues with you lifting it? That is why I say they are too low out of the box.

Chevy was cool with my leveling kit.

yeah I’ve got ESP until 100k, I put a leveling kit and 35s on it when I had about 600 miles on it and it’s also had a tune since new and full bolt-ons since like 20k. they’ve never said a word about any of it.

Good to hear. Dealer says I can do a lift without messing up my 100k ESP. But have not wanted to risk it. I don't trust any dealer.

Don't worry about what the dealer says, worry about what is legal under federal law. Read the Magnusson-Moss Act
Yeah I was looking at parts for lift+wheels+tires. I can rent a lift bay so that wouldn't be a problem but Ive only done oil/filter/battery type stuff. Biggest project I ever did was a cat delete on my R6 so fucking with the suspension pretty hard desu

I worked in the auto service industry for a while, I’ve never been bothered by that bullshit because in order for them to deny a warranty claim they have to prove that a specific aftermarket part directly caused a failure. I’ve never once seen a technician or service advisor take the time to do that. and despite what everyone says, it’s not up to the dealership. Ford has a website and when something fails under warranty the tech or advisor will enter the part number of the failed part and it will either say ok to replace or it will say prior approval required and then you have to send pictures and add a description. I had a customer smash his F150 into a curb doing donuts in the snow and it caused the steering rack to fail so I sent in pictures of this truck lifted 6” with aftermarket wheels and tires that were visibly damaged and it was still approved.

Wow I am suprised to hear that. That is kind of along the lines of what my dealer said. He pointed out that he gets paid either way so he has an intrest in getting GM to cover it. There are 2 guys on the GM truck forum that had their side airbags go off and GM would not cover it because the truck was lifted. I worry about that because like you I use my truck it is not a road ranger

I used the truck to pull a tree out of the ground today.

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about

Those two guys are lying and did something stupid to mod their airbags.

No. GM said that due to the 6" lift the angler rate of roll was too high causing the truck to think it was tipping over. So it was not their fault and GM would not cover it.

Those guys got cucked and should have hired a lawyer.

I hate to break it to you, but if you're actually rich, you wouldn't have to flaunt it to a bunch of nobody, no life, losers on fucking Veeky Forums. Let alone the fact a rich person doesn't brag about throwing shit away and how he/she can easily afford something new....that's called being a nigger with no class.

1 did. No deal. Both ended up getting their ins company to cover it.

Just something to keep in mind.

What was the scenario that caused them to need to replace the airbags?

Both cases the guys were doing "light" off-roading (their words). When they hit bumps on one side of the truck causing the truck to roll somewhat setting off the airbags. This even happened to motor trend when test driving a bone stock Colorado on a dirt road.

That sounds like a design flaw more than anything... What kind of truck isn't supposed to be off road where one side is higher than the other?

Niccals the Nigger BTFO in this thread

>this is what the domesticuck believes

That looks comfy. How hard was installing the lift/coilovers/add a leaf?

Oh shit, the weeb-nigger is back... Probably didn't get enough Japanese shilling in. Are you in the same room with the basement-dwelling neckbeards that get paid to spread their ass and shitpost all over /pol/?

No, spend the extra cash and get a 5.0. I've never seen a 5.0 leak oil before, but I've seen plenty of 3.5 and 2.7 leak oil.

We had a 2.7 F-150 come in that burnt a quart of oil every 3,000 miles since they drove it off the lot.

t. former ford lube tech bitch

One off manufacturing error? Any vehicle can burn oil

>assmad domesticuck making hilarious assumptions yet again

you faggots never cease to amaze me.

What should I get for like 12k burger bucks?

Don't do it unless you just want it sitting in the driveway. 40's aren't a functional setup for the road and offroad will break your other shit.

>guy at the market with weels about this size trying to back out of his spot
>DUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDU
>SCRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>DUDUDUDUDUDUDU

>401torques
>torque is a unit of measure
Drink a bag of piss.

>Tundra
>Japanese
Only an inbred retard could be so confused. Genuine question, is your second toe longer than your big toe?

Used Chevy or Toyota. Tho the Toyota will cost more to fix if you have a problem. Ford is okay too. Avoid Dodge. Mega trans problems.

Get a Ford they said. It will be fun they said.

Not a GM guy, but that is a gorgeous truck, user.

jesus christ that pic is so true.

every ford that rolled out in the 80s up to mid 90s was like that.

Haha yup

Thank you. I am very happy with it.