UK bros how do you afford your cars?

UK bros how do you afford your cars?

No idea how people my age drive around in top spec Audis and BMWs, I'm 24.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xdwzzDOshDY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>No idea how people my age drive around in top spec Audis and BMWs, I'm 24.

You can't be 24 for and this dumb? but maybe you are since you asked the question.

I'm from the US but there are literally only 2 options, either A. They worked their ass off to afford and or lease it or B. Their parents bought it for them, which is common for upper middle class. What is the point of this thread? So you can talk shit about people who come from more money than you?

Get off the internet and teach yourself a skill you dumb faggot

Probably starts with having a good job

C. They just take out a loan.

At 24 it's pretty much always mommy and daddy's money, even if you land a great STEM job out of school, that's too young to afford a car like that unless you dump everything you earn into your car payment.

thats part of A. Im not sure how credit works in the UK but poor people genuinely have good credit

>being a ''''''car enthusiast''''' in bong land where they tax petrol / diesel 3x it's actual cost to pay for ahmed's welfare and his 20 children.
lmao @ ur life. Just buy a 10 year old skoda and cry in your beer, m8.

Rich parents or drug dealing, but mainly rich parents from what I see.

>UK
Lending money for interest is haram; financing a car in the UK would be a hate crime.

Otherwise, thread can end here. The above anons have already tendered every possible answer to OP's sad question.

I earn 16k and my car payment a month is 400

>top spec
No, a lot of people our age drive financed 320ds, not top spec at all. If you see someone in a top end car in their early 20s it's a fairly big time coke dealing roadman or more likely someone with rich parents.

You'd have to been earning 2k a year since you were 12 to get cars like that at that age. (unless you get some dodgy second hand one)
And although it's possible it's pretty unlikely.

they get them on finance and blow most of their money on it.
I have a friend who's paying £250+ a month on financed Merc A class on an apprenticeship wage.

ever heard about car loans?

in most EU countries anyone with minimum wage can drive a modern bmw 3 series or that Rover (its about 25,000 bongs 2nd hand i guess)

>STEM school career
>entry level 65-85k/yr

>brand new RS3 is $800-$900/month

>monthly after-tax per month is over $5k

?????

bruh, first of all there are so many ways to earn money. Yes its hard but there are people who do it and are good at it.

2nd did you miss the part where i stated their parents most likely bought it for them?

College screwed me over and took 5 years of my life, I could have gotten an IT cert out of high school and started making six figures right away. I'm 22 now, so Ill be taking it now and then I can drive a viper at 24 if I wanted to.

Where does one look to get an IT cert here in the US? I live in New England if it matters. Also how much does it cost

The smash out their credit to like 400/500 a month on a PCP deal, still live with their parents, and after 2/3 years either have their parents bail them into another car, or get smashed in the face by reality and end up in something shit.

I know a load of people who ended up buying Golf R's and Focus RS' etc etc, some even RS3's and stuff, getting PCP deals for like 400 quid a month, and after their term ends, they end up trading it in for a 1.2 VW Polo, when Adulthood comes crashing down around them.

Bide your time, buy older used cars on HP, or outright, and when you hit 30 laugh at all your former friends as now they have kids and a 5 year old Clio, and you can now afford something amazing.

I love how you scrolled past so many plausible explanations for a nice car, like
>they have a job
>their parents have a job
>they have a bank
eliminated them all, and instead concluded that you live in a country of unusually provident and gainfully occupied12 year olds. Fucking Christ, I hope you're only pretending.

The course takes 4 months or 2.5 months accelerated and you make 100k. I don't like to tell people about it because it's kind of a secret for me but the institution is called People N Tech, the classes are in NYC but you can stream it but you may get less pay. Many people have taken this course and one guy made 209k starting. Don't spread this too much lol i need the jobs. It costs 3.6k upfront then half salary for 1-3 months not sure. My bro is taking it and he's smart as fuck, hoping for 180k.

If your parents are rich, an $800-1000 lease note for your new Rover is peanuts. A lot of parents get off on their kids driving flashy cars, as it's additional projection of the family status/income

If the kid actually works, it's not difficult to afford a $1000 note. Even the shittiest job will pay you $2k-3k a month

Sidebar: Older than college aged and wearing sweats in public is such an unemployed look

>buy shitboxes and laugh at people driving shitboxes

???

My entire family is gonna take it, me, my bro, dad, step-mom, step-bro, step-sis. We gonna be rich af, gonna use this cash for real estate.
Gonna work 60 hours a week no fucking doubt, dat overtime.

>Even the shittiest job will pay you $2k-3k a month

I make 15k per year and I work 44 hours a week night shift bro

>no cucked modification restrictions
>no retarded 25 year import law
>very easy to import whatever car you want
>half the country is narrow twisty roads rather than muh superwide regular roads that amerilards STILL manage to crash on

kys burgerfag

Hate to break it to you, but a diploma mill that doesn't give you a diploma (it's a "cert") isn't less of a scam than college.

OH REALLY, tell that to my uncle's friend who makes 90k, and his wife who makes 60k with little IT background. Another friend makes 90k and she's a woman. My family is jumping on the IT bandwagon.

You learn SQL, celenium, linux and a bunch of shit, I shouldn't talk now, but I will post again when I actually get the job.

>People N Tech

bruh this is the company you are talking about? a bunch of pajeets in brooklyn?

I don't believe spam unless it's on Disqus forums.

bruh this is really the company he is shilling. Dudes a poo n the loo

It's in the shitty part of brooklyn too

I was in pharmacy before
Pharmacy
>6 years
>shit school
>shit work
>250k total cost, 60k last year
> only 80k starting

IT cert
>2.5 months
>short enough that you retain everything unlike college semester long courses
>80k-200k starting mid-level

College starts you off with entry level jobs, certs start you off with mid-level careers.

You can't even spell Selenium correctly. You're in for a rude awakening. I wish you the best of luck, but you're being misled. For-profit technical schools that only offer certificates are the biggest scam going. The only decent one I've ever heard of is launch academy, but there you have to learn actual programming so it weeds out most of the "IT professionals" aka help desk monkeys.

I will come back guys with a jeep(gonna save and invest) but I will also show you my bank account and withdraw a couple of hundreds. It's pajeet, yeah its low rent yeah, but its fucking 3.6k!!

My tag will be CarGuy0260 when I get this, just you see o_0

>You learn linux
LOL, my dude..

The spam filter apparently catches a lot of buzzwords related to IT certs. It caught my rant about how how dumb you'd have to be to try to learn IT from the only pajeet NOT in IT.

He probably had to mangle his post a half dozen times before it'd go through. Even oblique references to Microsoft's Java competitor get caught, which ruined my "dot-/\/et, not feather" joke.

I work full-time. I bought my car at three years old, financed it, and paid it off recently.
Such is the same way I afford all the nice things I have; I save up, and I buy things. I save up, I buy things.

Your peers lease theirs for a considerable chunk of their income in order to look richer than they are, most likely. Bling culture is a blight.

> UK bros halp!
> I'm from the US, but think my opinion is valid anyway.
Fuck off.

>Even the shittiest job will pay you $2k-3k a month
I wish it was that easy to earn 24-36k a year lmao
the average starting compsci salary is 20k,
doctors start on 24k after finishing all their training

Leases.

I am 25, I work as a chartered accountant and make £60k a year as do most people in my office. I drive a 2007 Ford Mondeo to work and I have an E46 M3 which cost me £7k which I take on track days and drive for fun at the weekend. Pretty comfy. However pretty much everyone in my office leases cars ranging from Golf Rs to Audi SQ7s, but they are paying through the nose for it and don't own the damn thing at the end of the contract. They look rich for sure, but they don't own anything. I am saving for a house deposit, so my old cars will do my fine for now.

not to mention affordable trackdays and an amateur racing scene that isn't worse than aids

I am 12 earn a million dollar a year and drive a shitbox because I'm saving up for a house. Everyone with a more expensive car than me leases or is daddy's money.

Thanks for reading

I am money

I wear cars and houses and save up for companies and small island nations

Goodbye

I'm in my early 20s and drive a Porsche 911. This is what it means to work your ass off and land a nice STEM job.

It's true that 99% of young kids with nice cars have been bought by their parents. Don't feel bad shit talking them.

mum and dad gave them a leg up in life.
benefits of having family that is not poor i guess.

You can try and tell us your parents didn't give you your life all you want but i bet they spent millions ensuring your future mate.

I loaned money to get through university, finished that and landed my job. Paid it all back in a few months. After that, I saved enough to buy a property and my 911.

enjoy paying thousands for a cert in How to Google

You'll end up on the service desk (which takes zero skill and anyone can be trained in how to do it in a week)

If you want to do software dev, good luck, all that stuff gets outsourced to indian code factories

most in-house software devs are more like project managers that do the high level stuff and push it to the contractor to code. In-house IT BA's are usually very experienced in their industry and not a role for freshies, especially those without a bachelors at least

Damn, I'm gonna be so rich and people don't know how to make money lol

>IT cert
k-200k starting mid-level
nice meme

I'm a software engineer in Boston and you're delusional. A cert without a degree and you have to prove yourself starting out at 45k if you're lucky. And that's dev, IT is even lower. Anyone can plug in monitors and install software updates, no way you'll make anywhere near what this scam "school" is promising you.

Not trying to be a dick, just giving you a dose of reality. I interview people for my company and the vast majority of our applicants have no idea what they're doing. For entry level that's fine, but those aren't anywhere close to what you're expecting, salary-wise. You'll start as help desk or customer support for peanuts.

the only people in IT that get paid 200k are senior managers and contract project managers

for 100k you'll have to have a lot of experience to be a project lead, or manage a team

you can literally contract indian devs that are fluent in a dozen programming languages for dollars

bruh pay no attention to him look at the "institution" he is shilling.

I'm just trying to help him, I see people get suckered into those things all the time and I hate them with a passion.

Here op, I'm going to save you 3.6k and 4 months of your life.

let faggot = element.all(by.css(div.op)).get(0);
faggot.click();

Toss me your email and I'll whip you up a cert in Adobe Illustrator and send it over. It'll be worth just as much.

just learned to hello world in python

now im junior vice president a google wtf

>be me 11 years ago, age 16
>get two part time jobs after school
>blow through money like it was fucking water
>broke at 18
>after highschool take two years off to work while living at home
>pay minimal rent ($400/m)
>live at home until 20, saved about $40,000
>put half towards new car, use the rest to pay it off over 5 years.
>...?
>= profit