/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Had no fucking idea what the Curse meter actually does, in the final DLC in the final game of the trilogy
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S0UUTc8R_tk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You could still be a shitter.

Your skill has not been seen and beating the game 3 times doesnt make you creme de la creme.

You're the fag.

Just Finished my First playthrough of Dark Souls and was hoping you guys can answer some questions? ( I also Finished Dark Souls 3 )

What happens to Gywnevere & Priscilla ?
How did Havel die ?
How does Siegmeyer of Catarina die ?
Does Gwyn essentially win ? Eveyrone says that the Dark will eventually win over and over again but from what I understand in DS3 no one knows how to stop the cycle so it will continue on forever. The Chosen Undead in DS3 realizing this he uses the Dark Souls Blood to create a new world not affected by the cycle.

>nth for ACTUAL autist will continue to post their regurgitated webms until the end

>What happens to Gywnevere & Priscilla ?
Depending on your interpretation, Gwynevere either eventually died somewhere out in the world along with the rest of the "gods," or became the Queen of Lothric and gave birth to Lorian, Lothric and Ocelotte, and then died.

>How did Havel die ?
He hollowed out and then you killed him.

>How does Siegmeyer of Catarina die ?
He goes hollow. Either Sieglinde kills him, or he becomes some random hollow somewhere after he realizes that he's not a strong adventurer like you.

>Does Gwyn essentially win ?
Debatable. Three of the endings undo all of his work (that being keeping the First Flame lit for the sake of the "gods"), but it's implied that eventually a new "First" Flame will arise even if an Age of Dark comes, judging by the Fire Keeper's dialogue.

>kill giant lord 45 times
>get to 30 million soul memory
>game is more active than it's ever been up to this point according to the orange borders around locations
Maybe more people are just playing at this time, but I was lucky to find co op or an invasion after 30 minutes, now I can go to a couple areas and get it pretty quick.

>>you could still be a shitter
Only if that word means whatever you want it to mean. I call you a faggot because I genuinely think you like the taste of hobo penis.

>>Your skill has not been seen
And how precisely would I demonstrate my skill to you exactly? Post a bunch of screenshots of bosses I killed? I can do that. Post the pile of covenant items I got from killing other players in pvp? I can do that too.

>>beating the game 3 times doesnt make you creme de la creme.
Yeah no kidding. I'm well aware that I'm far from the absolute best player, but there is a difference from that and being a "shitter" as you call it.

>>you're the fag
No you are. Your mother told me that last night after I sprayed her vagina with my baby batter. You're going to have a new sibling soon, btw.

>phantom has 27 vig
>host has even less
what the fuck is wrong with people

So Dsg is dead.

At least we post something someone might like instead of complaining about what people post

>we

I hope you suffer a stroke for no good reason other than your incessant, almost fetishistic attention seeking through your webms.

My words dont mean anything but I want you to know that. You and the other regurgitations are pathetic.

I won't post about it again, don't worry about it. Just know that you and Lucy are lucky.

>Depending on your interpretation, Gwynevere either eventually died somewhere out in the world along with the rest of the "gods," or became the Queen of Lothric and gave birth to Lorian, Lothric and Ocelotte, and then died.

Personally I think she somehow became Rosaria. At the very least, I am confident that she is not the Queen of Lothric, though I do believe that the Queen of Lothric could well be Gwynevere's daughter or other descendant.

It's been dead for almost a year

>You're going to have a new sibling soon, btw

is he also going to be a shitter who gets assblasted because he bad at video games?

>>bad at videogames
Bitch please, this is low effort and tedious. Now be sure to say high to your new baby brother or sister for me. I may be too busy fucking your mother's tight pussy and anus to do so myself.

Chill dude, I've never posted a webm more than 3 times. I meant webm posters as a whole. Even if it's something seen a million times by most, it adds more to the threads than posts like yours

>he doesn't like humorous WebMs

You're still bad at dark souls :^)

You've yet to prove me wrong. So I win.

>>You're still bad at dark souls :^)
No I am not. Your statement is self-evidently wrong given that I have beaten dark souls 3 twice and will do so for the third time soon and have killed most of the games bosses on my first try except for a few.

Are you ready for vintage memes

>>prove me wrong
Again what do you want? Posting a bunch of screenshots of killed bosses will take awhile, but the covenant items won't take too long.

>waah waah more words to veil my skill

Get off it dude, not everybody is good. Either prove youre good or take a hike.

I have a few questions.
1. How are the Executioner's Greatsword, Firelink Greatsword, and Storm Ruler? They all seem pretty fun, but I don't want to waste a slab if they're truly horrible. I'm also pretty iffy on taking two points away from END/VIT for the Firelink Greatsword, even if it's minor.
2. Is dual wielding with an ultra and a straight sword any good?
3. Should I carry any elemental weapons specifically to counter greatshield turtles? I have a Man Serpent Hatchet, but I was thinking of grabbing some Fire or Deep weapon, preferably small and light so the +9-+10 difference isn't high and it'd be easy to switch to.
4. Do the halberds with spin WAs have the R1WAR1 combo?
5. I've heard that the Storm Curved Sword could combo 1H R1WAR2. Has anyone tested this?
6. Can the Old Wolf Curved Sword combo into its WA at all?

Sorry if my wording is bad. It's 3:30 and I'm dead tired. Here's some music.
youtube.com/watch?v=S0UUTc8R_tk

Okay, here's the items. The boss pictures may take a while for me to post in full if you want those, given that this fucking captcha thing keeps fucking up on me. You may have to wait a day or two if you really want them.

>I'll post STATIC items to prove I am good at the game

Now you're just fucking with me. I'm going to take this as you trolling and me winning this argument so bye.

>sl 214
>GUYS, i'm GOOD at the GAMe

*inhales softcaps*

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

First off here's the corrected version of that since that is missing the Sunset Shield.

1. 'Alright' for Greatswords but pretty substandard compared to every other one. They have very glaring weaknesses such as having the worse Bastard Sword R2s and the Firelink GS and Storm Ruler being among the shorter greatswords. There damage is also comparatively worse and needs a quality build to reach acceptable but not amazing AR compared to other weapons in the class. Their weapon arts are pretty mediocre as well, Storm Ruler in practice just has the basic GS Stance that can do the air blast attack when charged that has no range and terrible recovery, Executioner's has Stomp which is only good for trading with ultras and Firelink has Ember which is an easy backstab if your opponent is near you during it but does buff the damage decently.

2. Yes though in most cases when you're doing that you're using the straight sword more than the ultra. Yhorm's Machete + Dark Sword is a very popular combo for a reason.

3. That's a very good idea, something like a Deep Straight Sword is always good to have against things like Black Knight Shield turtles.

4. Yes.

5. I don't believe it does anymore but I could be wrong on that.

6. Yes, it can combo R1>WAR2 which is a very high damage combo.

Well lesee now, I 58 severed ears and 64 tongues. I guess I could have grinded forever and a day to get those items but once you max out the covenants there is no reason to do so.

So yeah, you're wrong and you probably enjoy sucking off homeless people too.

>Have killed most of the bosses on first try
If you really want to prove that you're gud at this game why not stream it for us then? Or make a youtube video?

What's wrong with having one over-leveled character exactly? I suppose I could be one of those autistic people who goes through the whole game naked at sl1 or someshit but that just doesn't sound very fun to me.

A few reasons, my connection sucks, I don't have a twitch account or a google account and honestly I'm rather lazy and starting to get bored of playing souls games for right now. I'll probably stop and play something else for a while soon.

I had a dream the Firekeeper was using the bonfire as a litterbox.

Somebody please draw this.

friendly reminder that das3 was supposed to be bloodborne lite

>we could've had our 2nd or 3rd weapons visible on our body
I really wish that stayed.

Got anymore screenshots from when the game was in early development?

I have a few.

It's all open to interpretation, m8. Your questions ARE the lore.

Thank you. I replaced my old picture with that one. The Sunset Shield looks nice.

1. I'll probably not upgrade them then. I had a feeling they weren't great, but I like mixing things up, so I go with a quality build and use a lot of weapons with fancy WAs. I might make a low level Firelink GS build at some point, though. I wasn't aware that the Storm Ruler's WA range was short. I just assumed it was long because of the Yhorm fight.
2. I've surprisingly encountered that once, so it never crossed my mind. I might give it a whirl with the Profaned GS or something.
3. I'll make a Deep LKS and keep it around just in case.
4. Nice. Does the Lucerne get Leo Ring counters even if it doesn't hit the sweetspot?
5. If I remember, I'll try to test it out at some point.
6. Awesome. I like how smooth the WA is on it, so I might pick it back up.

Why did they get right of those cool looking flags? Does From hate aesthetics now or some shit?

Gwynevere is Rosaria. Soul of Rosaria transposes into Gwynevere's miracle; Rosaria is the mother of rebirth - Lothric revives Lorian; also the Queen of Lothric - Lorian and Lothric's mother - is hailed as a goddess of fertility and bounty, the same as Gwynevere; the Queen of Lothric helps out ashen ones, leaving powerful items for them to help them on their journey and urges them to link the fire, again just like Gwynevere. Additionally, it seems like a bunch of Gwyn's progeny are half dragons and there's Ocelotte to consider.

As much as the souls lore is left open ended all of this just fits too much not to be true. Bonus tidbit: Dancer also gives a healing miracle and she's thought to be a maiden to Gwynevere which only cements the fact that healing in this game is directly connected to Gwynevere.

It's not the same, but use the Valorheart in your main hand with the Astora Greatsword in your offhand. With the base knight armor and FAP, Life, Chloranthy, and Leo, you will be right under 70% with only 16 VIT.

Yeah try out the Storm Ruler charged WA in PvE, it's range is far shorter and even if it hits the air part of the blast does little damage. It only hits decently if you hit someone with both the air blast and the downward blade slam since it does have decent poise health during the animation but the effort to do that along with the unlikeliness of hitting it makes it impractical at best. Firelink GS is a decent twink greatsword though due the WA buff being non-scaling but Onyx Blade still vastly outclasses since it has a similar non-scaling buff and is just a far better weapon all around.

>Nice. Does the Lucerne get Leo Ring counters even if it doesn't hit the sweetspot?

To my knowledge yes but they will be less damaging than normal counter hits on the sweet spot of course.

what sword is that on his back

Thanks, mate. I'm thinking between the Black Knight Glaive and Lucerne right now. I like the look of both of them. The Black Knight Glaive has more AR, but the Lucerne has counter damage and is my favorite historical weapon.
It's something that doesn't exist anymore. It's just a shorter Astora Greatsword with a handle more similar to the Executioner's Greatsword.

Would have been an early game greatsword, but was removed from the final game. Earlier in development there were more rustic/rugged weapons.

They both have their strengths and weaknesses, BKG longer than Lucerne and has higher general AR and isn't as reliant on hitting the sweetspot because of it and just needs a basic 26/40 Quality build to have great damage. But Lucerne particularly on 80 Dex Sharp can reach damage on par with it and very nice counter hits if you learn to play with its shorter range. I'd say try them both out or keep them both upgraded and switch them out as need be.

Thank you. I'm trying to use my slabs wisely right now, as I have a new PS4 and PSN account, but no money to give my old account PS+ to transfer over my old upgraded weapons. I'll eventually go to NG+ and beyond to get more slabs but I just want to enjoy some PvP for a while. I might try out the Zweihander at some point. It's not the monster it used to be, but it's not terrible, especially for how light it is.

Earlier Champ.

Rosaria is one of Gwynevere's daughters/maidens

Why was Vilhelm's armor in the pile of corpses in the fly room?
Did he accidentally fall down there?
But I killed him.

If Dark Souls constantly saves, means that it constantly writes on the disk, isn't it going to wear it out sooner this way?

HDDs are not that frail, user.

And your reason for thinking she's a daughter/maiden and not Rosaria herself is what exactly? Her soul sprite is unique and the miracle it transposes to is directly connected with Gwynevere. Leonhard refers to her as a goddess and you fight him in her chamber with the grey orb.

Not Gwynevere herself* is what I meant.

>the miracle it transposes to is directly connected with Gwynevere
so is the Dancer's
>Leonhard refers to her as a goddess
She would be, if she's Gwynevere's daughter
>And your reason
Looking and functioning nothing like her is a start

how do you tell how much they have?

I see the hp they lost maybe? they were full hp prior

Well Rosaria's whole de
al is rebirth and she can change the appearance of others, so it's not too out there to think that she herself underwent a rebirth.

oh right, I didn't even notice the numbers

thanks

>Everyone connected with Gwyn's bloodline is a god
Because Yorshka and Priscilla and even the nameless king are gods, right?
Inb4 nameless king was a god of war. Yeah, WAS. He got stripped of his godhood.
>Looks nothing like her
yeah, daughters are known for looking nothing like their parents
>Functioning nothing like her
Eons later and obvious corruption fuckery going on a person doesn't function as an ideologically compromised illusion. Got me there
>connected to Gwynevere
Yeah, nah. One's description calls it THE Princess of Sunlight's miracle, the other's description just says it was given to her maidens. Guess which one's which?
>Didn't address the whole fight with Leonhard in Gwynevere's room or the unique sprite
Coolio.

I mean sure, Rosaria has different tiddies and color/length of hair but at the same time she offers facelifts to her followers so... The entire room is reminescent of Gwynevere's and she kinda sits in the same manner.

Somebody told me Ashes of Ariandel explained more of The Deep but I haven't found a single fucking item that talks more about it.

Not about the Deep but about the Pontiff.

It's not the host's fault for being victimized by a filthy hacker.

To that Guy I wrote I will help him in 12 hours
Do you have time later? I need to do some things before I can play.

post feet!

You've never played Ringed City, have you?

The painting is connected to the deep, might even be the same thing

>HDD

lol

I have but from the webm it looked like the phantom was doing a miracle that was rigged to cause curse or something.

>not linking the new thread anywhere in the old thread

I think all the people who complain about the Corvian Knight are the same faggots who stopped at 27 vig.

>h-he insta kills you!
>too fast i cant hit him!
>m-muh Bloodborne enemy!

At 30 vig you can take a few hits, and after you kill them ONCE you basically know all their moves and can just roll and backstab them.

>BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
I can't help but think that it's a single autist who types shit like this out multiple times a thread.

>not just parrying them to death

The nameless king not being a god is not counter to my argument. Yorshka and Priscilla are not confirmed to have deific parents.
She could've taken after her dad
>One's description calls it THE Princess of Sunlight's miracle, the other's description just says it was given to her maidens.
What the fuck are you talking about?
>Special miracle granted by the Princess of Sunlight.
>Special miracle granted to the maidens of the Princess of Sunlight.
>Both are called "The miracles of Gwynevere" further down
And in ds1 they share the "Special miracle granted to the maidens of Gwynevere, Princess of the Sun." description. And are dropped by Pisacas. So those are either Gwynevere or her maidens. Guess which one is true
And Leonhard is obviously fucked in the head and could have done it for a number of reasons. Even if Rosaria WAS Gwynevere, what would taking her soul to her bedchambers achieve?

You can just block anyway.

That's not what's happening at all. They're getting hit by the angel's curse attack.

The Corvian Knights are definitely doable, but my issue with them is less the enemy itself and more the fact that you can't use the pillar to take cover from them because they will just stab you through it.

Rosaria and the Dancer don't drop the Sunlight miracles, though. You create them with their souls. It's not the same thing.

As for Leonhard, he wanted to protect Rosaria's soul from the other Fingers "despoiling" it. It's also worth noting that he never refers to Rosaria as a Goddess until after he kills her.

Oh, ok. I've never experienced that strangely.

It most likely is, but I kinda like the "*inhales [X]* [loud laughter]" meme.
The phantom also died and that particle effect is from the angel's curse beam

They only do it if you stay in one place where they can't shoot you.

>Yorshka and Priscilla are not confirmed to have deific parents.
Yea, Yorshka refers to Gwyndolyn as her brother but she's not confirmed to have deific parents. Nor did I specifically pointed out with NK that not everyone from Gwyn's bloodline is a god.

>ds1 descriptions
I'm talking about the ds3 descriptions because those are the meaningful ones for this connection.

As you mentioned, this is the first line of Bountiful Sunlight's description
>Special Miracle granted by the Princess of Sunlight.
Gets the noggin joggin, doesn't it? Almost as if it's meant to tip you off to smething. Sharing the latter part is a common thing across items that are connected, just look at any given armor set and you'll see this is the fucking norm. Item specific information followed by general information that's copy pasted across all the connected pieces. What the fuck am I talking about indeed.

>Smuggling a goddesses soul away from a shitty cathedral of literal apostates that worship the exact opposite of life and sunlight into the city of gods and her bedchamber specifically.
What did he mean by doing this?

Again, the lore is deliberately vague, but that doesn't mean you can discard the few direct clues as random occurences or babblings of a mad man and just argue the meaning of the vague ones. There are many tidbits pointing towards Rosaria being Gwynevere and none pointing towards them being separate beings.

What weapon is he talking about?

Caestus.

He's clearly talking about the offhand SS paired with a UGS to make up for the lack of speed and rotation hitting

>And Leonhard is obviously fucked in the head and could have done it for a number of reasons.
You're like the MSM meme about not knowing why cunts run over people with trucks

>I pledge my allegiance to Abu-Al-Baghdadi
>WE MAY NEVER KNOW WHAT HIS MOTIVATIONS WERE!!1

FUGS

>Rosaria and the Dancer don't drop the Sunlight miracles, though. You create them with their souls. It's not the same thing.
Yes. But you should realise that neither miracle is tied to Gwynevere over the other, neither holds more significance in relation
>As for Leonhard, he wanted to protect Rosaria's soul from the other Fingers "despoiling" it.
Yes, but why there?
>It's also worth noting that he never refers to Rosaria as a Goddess until after he kills her.
Not particularly and he wasn't the first one to call her one
>Rosaria's Fingers collect tongues in her name. Some do it to be reborn; others do it to help comfort their voiceless goddess.
>Of the Archdeacons of the Deep, one attended to Rosaria, Mother of Rebirth, whom he deemed a goddess.
Gwyndolin "adopted" Yorshka and taught her everything she knows. NK not being a god means jack shit because he was stripped from his status but was a god originally
Unless if it's retconned for whatever reason, ds1 descriptions are relevant and provide meaningful information. That is, that neither miracle is tied to Gwynevere over the other, as stated above
I'm not discarding anything. On the contrary, I try to keep everything connected as much as possible
What did you meme by this? He could have thought that Gwynevere's bedchambers hold some latent healing power and would allow him to restore Rosaria's body from the ground up. There's nothing specifically saying it's Gwynevere's soul. Now, if it took it to her grave or something, that I'd get. It would be obviously to pay respects, like Ciaran planned to do with Arty's soul

Would I be gimping myself if I just used Gotthards Twinswords 1H only?
I really don't do the whole dual wield thing but the swords look really nice.

Gael's

one handed gotthards with WA shield is the way to go

What in the ever-loving fuck was that "traitor" questline in DaS2 about?

I thought I was going to invade Pate or Creighton, not the faith bitch that I spoke to once.

>>As for Leonhard, he wanted to protect Rosaria's soul from the other Fingers "despoiling" it.
>Yes, but why there?
Because even if Rosaria isn't Gwynevere herself we can be pretty confident claiming that she's a descendant of Gwynevere, because the Dancer is explicitly the "distant daughter of the former royal family" of the Boreal Valley, aka Anor Londo.

The Nameless Usurper phantom that invades you throughout the game is Licia.

Though it's really badly done because she has no real reason to do so and in general her character is stupid.

>"hey, let's write a con-artist miracle seller into the game because faith is dumb :DDD"
>not only she sells actual, useful miracles, but she also makes really great use of them herself
>also let's make her invade you for no reason whatsoever and never elaborate on why she does

It's analoguous to the rest of Dark Souls 2 feeling like a half-hearted emulation of a souls game rather than actually being one.

Oh, I'm 100% for that. Rosaria is Gwynevere's descendant, maybe even her daughter. But why go there? What did he plan to achieve? What was his goal is what I'm asking. Until that question is answered the whole "Leonhard takes her soul there" doesn't mean all too much

You specifically discard Leonhard's motivations as the machinations of a crazy person and you also discard the text on Bountiful Sunlight that says it's THE miracle of Gwynevere (yeah, changing texts is pretty much a retcon) because in the first game where you don't have Rosaria and don't need to connect the two the description was something else and then the fucking item follows a general pattern of all connected items in the game like armors with a copy pasted text that gives you general information.

>Yorshka got adopted by Gwyndolin
>A shadow of Father Gwyn and Sister Gwynevere
>our father Gwyn
>Multiple mentions of Gwyndolyn as a brother
Yeah, nah, you're a cunt. Why would she call him brother if he adopted her? But screw that, why would she refer to Gwyn as her father and Gwyndolyn as her sister in her dialogue?
>inb4 some more contrived bullshit

Can you contrive that shit any more to fit your headcanon that nothing points at directly if I might add, or is it not physically possible?

>hey, what if we take a character known for using spears and give him an axe for no reason?

It's possible she just recited what Gwyndolin always said when recruiting new Darkmoons verbatim.