/CCP/ Commie Car Periodically

Periodical Commie Car Thread
>Veeky Forumstists all countries, unite!
This Edition: It's been too long since the last thread edition.

Discuss eastern bloc vehicles and accessories.
Find fellow commie drivers.
>Fiat and Renault are honorary commies.

Finally, a thread for me.
I've been thinking about lately, that my first car could be a Trabant 601, or a Lada 2105, maybe a Wartburg 353... Thoughts?

Also, the Trabant's 60th birthday is just 2 days from now! (07.11)
Happy birthday, Trabi!

My father owned one of these for the longest time until he scrapped it a few years ago after a cow came along and ate the side panels on half of the car.

I want one so bad. Sometimes I hate living in burgerland.

Maybe the best communist car ever. Cheap, and simple cars... They are still in production today, and they have nice looking "Urban" versions as well

Wartburg 353 was actually really damn solid from what I heard. And of course it was a tad more comfy than Trabant since it was supposed to be for a more select type of buyers. I would day drive one.

Still driving my dad's, my weekend drive.

Yeah, maybe a Wartburg could be a better choice, mainly because i'm kinda fat, and i don't think, that i could fit comfortably in a Trabant.
But i have more personal memories with it, my parents' first car was a yellow Trabant (like pic related), in fact one of the earliest memory i have in my life, that i stare at the exhaust smoke trough the rear window in that car. I even remember the exact location, where it happened...

I can confirm Trabis are kinda small to stay in, having one. At first it was uncomfy, but got used to after a while.
I'm about 1.83m or so.

Best commie car coming through

>LUXURY BARGE in commiland

that alone should tell you everything

It was more common than you think.
Keep in mind GAZ was considered to be for the elites, while Zaporozhetz was considered the car of the "proletariat".
Same with Wartburg and Trabant.

Are y'all ready for tomorrow?

Bumping with my S51

Nice one, how old?

Is that a P50, or a 600?

35 years

>Commie Car
RCR furfag kys

UAZ

Happe Burfday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRABANT!
60 YEARS SINCE THE START OF PRODUCTION!
07 - NOVEMBER - 1957

Want to buy this sick-ass ute so much.

>buying a trabant
>ever

do you people like torturing yourselves?

>westerners paying for commie trash
I hope you don' really do this. Shit like Trabants, Ladas, Wartburgs and Moskvich was still pretty common in my shithole in the early '00s, and god damn they're trash. The newer production Russian shit is even worse.

Best commie car comming through

Well what do I think? How many were built? I would guess out of the three 603 versions a total of ten thousand were built. Is it more common than I think?

Happy birthday, Trabi!

>implying, that we don't know the risks, when buying eastern cars with 1960's technology, and we aren't ready for problems

Not letting the thread die on his birthday.

that looks fucking awesome

name?

It's a Gaz 2169 Kombat

i have a bunch of Lada wallpapers (just 1366x768, because old laptop), i can post them here, if anyone is interested

There is a easy fix for pretty much all problems of that car now.
Also repairing it is a lot more easy than it is on modern cars and it is cheap on gas.

>contact ignition failed
Buy new electric one and have no issues anymore
>neighbours are annoyed by smell of burned oil
put in catalythic converter
>part X failed
get new one cheap

in my country we have Ladas for days

>tfw Lada is coming back to Canada in a couple years

i would appreciate it

Yo, what's up with the plastic? I don't recall Niva having that much.

There are lots of aftermarket parts for Nivas, unfortunately some of them are really low-quality

These are the best, i have some more, but they are just pretty boring reveal pics from a white 2105, and a couple of modified 2101's

Dacia 1410 Sport
900 kg
1289 cm3 benzină 54 hp
1397 cm3 benzină 65 hp
At around the same years the quattro s1 was pushing around 470hp

MiG 15 a cute

Dacia Lastun aka the project of Ceausescu the dictator, his dream was for this to be the car of the people (cheap and affordable)
Dimensions
Wheelbase 1,915 mm (75.4 in)
Length 2,950 mm (116 in)
Width 1,410 mm (56 in)
Height 1,352 mm (53.2 in)
Curb weight 590 kg (1,300 lb)
G.V.500 499 cc 4 valves OHV 22.5 PS (17 kW; 22 hp) at 5500 rpm 34.5 N·m (25.4 lb·ft) at 3500 rpm 106 km/h (66 mph) 26 s 4 L/100 km (71 mpg‑imp; 59 mpg‑US)

Also the joke around it was the if you would have gotten a boner in it you would be stuck in it, unable to get out.

aro 24 series
Wheelbase 2,350–4,200 mm (93–165 in)
Length 4,098–6,410 mm (161.3–252.4 in)
Width 1,775–2,100 mm (69.9–82.7 in)
Height 1,840–2,900 mm (72–114 in)
Curb weight 1,650–2,000 kg (3,640–4,410 lb)
The best engine option:
4.0 V6 4000 cc Cosworth 207 PS (152 kW) at 5250 rpm 320 N·m (236 lb·ft) at 3000 rpm
72 was a good year

I had no Idea they ever made a coupe. It looks so much like a dude just roofchopped his that I first went to check if this was actually a production model. Good for them

>At around the same years the quattro s1 was pushing around 470hp
What's your point? Everybody knows, that the Eastern-bloc cars were weak, and the "sport" versions had just a different chassis, maybe a slightly more powerful engine (like pic related: Skoda 110R with 52hp).
There were multiple reasons, that caused this:
>The communist leadership believed, that sportcars are not compatible with the ideas of communism.
>There was never enough money, because their system was shit (Yes, i hate communism, but i like Eastern-bloc cars, weird)
And since the state owned the car manufacturers, they shut down easily any project, they didn't liked

It would be really cool if someone could take these types of cars and just change the internals,engine and all without modyfing the aesthetics of the car

Like a restomod? Or a replica?

Pic is a Melkus RS1000 & RS2000, not a replica but cerainly inspired by the GDR sportscar

Nothing from Poland yet?
Here, sexiest curves ever

2nd in sexyness

In my country, Syrenas are really rare, i don't think, that i ever saw one in person. Here the Fiat 125p, and 126p (pic) were more common.
But i agree, those are very good looking cars. Are they reliable (for an eastern car at least)?

I really like that 2 color painting, reminds me of the early Trabants

Syrenas were never exported. Speakng about reliability, Polish commie times cars were somewhere between Russian cars and Skodas - their common problem was rust.

Two-color paintings were popular in a particular time everywhere.

forgot pic

But two-color painting for Wartburgs were especially popular AFAIK

A vehicle that was ever more popular than Fiat 126 in Poland back then. Everyone rode it . Also two-color painted, even in not two-color epoch :-)

This thread needs more P70 (now with pic)

Don't be a faggot and import one, faggot.

I didn't knew, that there was a coupe version. Nice one.
Here is the P70 Kombi

I kinda miss those busses and the Ikaruses.
All new busses have the generic single colour orange looks

Farty hands

>not posting the cutest soviet cars

My great-grandfather had one with a larger VAZ engine in it. Him and my grandfather were ''outlaws''.

Great pictures, man! My favorite is with the Volga racecars. I wonder, if they have the V8 engine

Don't know what engines are they using. Google ''dzintara aplis'' for more pictures.

>dat V4 sound
My grandpa also had one for a while, he loves telling tales about flying up snowy hills in the winter thanks to the rear engine RWD, while the Trabants had to go up the hill in reverse with someone sitting on the hood to provide traction.

Cool. Did he modified it? Unfortunately I don't remember my grandfather. A family member of mine says that his motorcycle is in a museum.

Last time I was there I struggled to find the exit to the buses. Acid is fun.

Nysa, Polish equivalent of RAF, Barkas etc. - the older 501 model