/plane thread/

Hey Veeky Forums.

What's the best (cheap

Other urls found in this thread:

leboncoin.fr/sports_hobbies/1185970416.htm?ca=21_s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol this the whiteist shit i ever here. how bout you fuck off you cave ass the fuck outta here. get you kkk ass back at pol. thats what it is. tryna b a rich ass crakkka think he fly high above us nigga an hide his racist ass. fuck that and fuck trump.

>not building your own plane
I mean just buy the engines and instruments and whatever used for a few thousand dollars, study a bit of aerodynamics or follow a plan and then just buy some raw materials and get building, simple stuff really.

go home tyrone

Experimental aircraft IIRC you cannot give/receive instruction in because they're all one big liability;

Whats the location, also, don't be a retard, unless every local flying club is charging excessive rates, it's always cheaper to rent.

If it flies, floats or fucks, you're better off renting.

t. CFI

Also SD-1 minisport.

Ehh shouldn't you just rent if it's instructions or whatever?

I'm in the northern wooded continental U.S. I'll usually be flying locally within 50 miles, but occasionally I'll take a cross-country trip.

It'll be cheaper to buy since I plan to fly a lot, and I want my own plane regardless.

Owning an aircraft isn't like owning a car. If you're the OP, you need to really look into the costs of owning an aircraft, because the cost in generally much higher than renting. If you're not the OP, fuck off, you're not a top gun.

You have to consider hourly costs of, in no particular order, should you decide own:

Fuel
recurring inspections
engine reserve
storing
insurance
costs of instruction (if applicable)
interest on aircraft loan
loss in value from owning

i"m sure I could give you more costs if I was sober tonight, but from one pilot to a potential pilot, please consider all issues.

If you're looking to own, consider what you really plan to use. If you're looking to get a simple commuter, I recommend a C182/PA-32 because of the constant speed prop. It has the balls to get from point A to point B without frills or retractable gear. For ownership, don't cheap out with a C172/Archer, because it's a shitshow with a fixed pitch prop.

Until you get a license, I do recommend renting, as you really ought to start without such a big commitment to flight. Buying a C172/archer to then resell is more money than it's worth if you're planning to later upgrade, but starting in a medium sized aircraft like I recommended is beyond what a student should really handle.

Yep, I plan on renting out a PA-28 until I get my license in about four months, though I might buy (and store) before then if I find a good deal. In any case I've broken down the costs of ownership (insurance, annuals, gas, etc ...) to between $6-$8k per year which works well for me.

Now I suppose (if the 172 and 152 by extension is trash) I can narrow it down between the Mooney M20A's to M20E's, a PA-28-140, PA-28-150, a PA-28-160, a PA-28-180, and the PA-18 series.

I'd get a C182, but that almost seems like too much plane for me. If I'm not flying with heavy loads then I'm guessing that burns fuel worse than 9/11.

dis jibba jabba don't make no goddamn sense

/n/ is dead no one post there.
Aircraft have more in common with cars than bikes.

Ignore this user, if you want to fly cheap a proven experimental is the only way

plans for pic can be purchased for $100
www.pietenpolaircraftcompany.com

remember that in the cost of every production general aviation aircraft are widows of sugar daddies who've sued Cessna, piper or cirrus because their husband decided to fly in bad weather without IFR qualifications, don't be put off by the price

but keep in mind that these sort of planes have their shortcomings too, and that usually comes down to the quality of build or skill of the pilot

Will an experimental work if I'm on a budget and want to fly over mountainous terrain or distances of 1,500 miles from time to time?

It's okay Alan. No need to act like you're black on some Tibetan basket weaving forum

>Will an experimental work if I'm on a budget
yes
>want to fly over mountainous terrain or distances of 1,500 miles from time to time
no

Get a S-10 Socota kit aircraft.

???????

I know this is a bait thread, but it only cost me around ~$8k to get my pilot license including renting fees and all that shit, this was at a part 142 school though so I had to do less hours, but still.

And yeah, ONLY $8,000, but it's way cheaper than fucking buying one wtf.

Thats kinda cool, instead of buying a car I'd probably get a pilots license.

What are you able to fly after spending $8k?

Single engine aircraft like the 172, twin engine cost a lot more for renting / gas.

Mooneys are always a good choice, but consider that they are generally beyond the cost of a C182 due to the retracts, putting them in a class beyond. You know your intended operation better than I, so I'm sure you'll do what's better for you. I fly more often as an instructor, so I get to enjoy the bullshit involved with C172 flying, and I much enjoy the (comparable) luxury of a constant speed prop, autopilot & performance of PA-44, which is closest to a PA-28-201 Arrow for singles.

Maybe a C150/150 would be the ticket. C150 with a 150hp swap on it.

>~$8k for a private
if you're flying often and proficient maybe, good luck dude

>part 142 school
141 my man, there is a difference

>less hours
that's all a sham, the average private pilot applicant has well over 60 hours regardless of their training environment.

You either rent on occasion, or spend more money for additional training because you feel the need to fly in other environments, like in the weather. Or learn to fly specialized planes, like tailwheels, high performance, complex, seaplane, or multi-engines. Nothing will ever be enough.

>simple stuff really
>literally one step away from rocket science

>I don't understand homebuilt aircraft
>let me just post about something I know literally nothing about

maybe if planes wouldn't have shitty build quality, "preventive maintenance" wouldn't be actually necessary

I mean flying is really simple, just need to push the air a lot and make sure it doesn't push you back too much.

>"preventative maintenance and TBO's are due to build quality and not antiquated FAA regs."

>I mean just buy the engines and instruments and whatever used for a few thousand dollars
Well, technically this is true. You can buy a kitfox for the price of an upmarket car, and then assemble it yourself whenever you feel like you can be arsed.
And once you're finished call whichever group of dudes lookes after civil flying (CAA or whatev) and get a guy to come out and give it an inspection to get it certified.

>at least 45k for the bare minimum kit
Super affordable.

>45K
That is why you use non FAA certified parts and deal with flying an experimental. Going experimental is the only way to fly and not be made of fucking money.

or you could sink initial costs and teach like me.

Huh, that's the average cost I've seen myself, around $10k, and I also went to a 141 school, it is less hours since all the shit the FAA has to make sure the school is doing, as you know

the 35 hours for certification is a legal minimum, not a realistic minimum. That number has been in effect since WWII, but the standards for a private pilot have changed significantly since then. If the school is trying to tell you you'll be done after 35 hours, they're outright lying to you. A student isn't ready after that little experience for the checkride. Look up the running national average and then figure whether you're better than or worse than average. The only time that you really stick to in minimum solo time, as it's a box to check with no useful things to experience other than the "you're own your own now" feeling.

>WTF 45 K

leboncoin.fr/sports_hobbies/1185970416.htm?ca=21_s

172 is the worst fucking plane to fly ever made, I've got about 100 hours in cessnas and I will never touch one again for the rest of my life. I think I've never enjoyed landing a 172 in my entire life.

if youre a PPL and have only ever trained in a 172 please do yourself a favour and go fly at least two different planes.

OP, buy a grumman tiger or a turbo viking, or get your multi rating and buy a dutchess or seminole so you can at least choose where to crash and die if you have an engine failure.

Ultralight

>gets bankrupt after developing a program that competes with two giants of aviation
>begs Canadian govt money
>get caught
>get accused of illegal subsides from one of those giants
>get fucked by US govt because of that
>then get its ass saved by the another giant

Canada.

>I'm inexperienced and can't land an aircraft correctly
>I'm going to reveal it to be laughed at

What did he mean by this?

How the fuck are you looking at Mooneys and Super Cubs at the same time Opie?

They're retarded different in every way. If you only have $50k to spend on a plane you can't afford a Mooney. They're very expensive to own and operate, from insurance to maintenance and inspections.

T. Pilot who has looked into these things and done the math

Terrior 200. I'm not a pilot, but a cam-in-block Subaru engine built for the sky!!! Apparently it gets 13L/hr which is really good I think!!!!!

you're a joke hahaha. i am a CFI and i train pilots on both pa28 and 172 and 152. the 172 is so easy to land it's a joke.

?????????????????????????

The 172 is piss easy to learn and fly, what the FUCK are you saying

I don't care about functionality in an aircraft

It just has to look good to women and be cheap as chips

How much experience would you need to fly an AN-2 and how difficult would they be to import?

I see them going for pretty cheap and they look like they would make good bush planes.

In the US, legally all you need is a Private ASEL with a high performance and tailwheel endorsement. They're quite docile from what I understand, so the only issue would likely be takeoff and landing. But you're going to need some real insurance money to fly one of those, it's near the weight limit for pilots, so don't expect an easy transition course.

>how difficult would they be to import?
Nobody on this board will know that. It's probably quite difficult but it's a highly specific question. It definitely won't be easy to get parts, but it's not going to be a hard plane to fly, it's slow and has a very low stall speed. The hardest part for your typical nosedragger trained pilot with the bare minimum for a tailwheel endorsement will be ground handling with a powerful taildragger.

autism, i can land a cessna perfectly, its just fucking boring to fly.
>CFI
So i guess you have only ever flown those 3 planes and have no multi time, you're not allowed to have an opinion until you become a real pilot
Easy and enjoyable are two different things you fucking morons.

>I was only pretending to be retarded
>if you don't teach multi you're not a real pilot

Not even that CFI, but guess what, I have an MEI and it's the same shit, different model of plane. Go LARP somewhere else, you can play War Thunder like a pro I'm sure.

I am good at war thunder, but I'm also good at being a commercial pilot and flying at my local aeroclub on the weekends. Believe what you want planelet, but at the end of the day the cessna is still a girl's plane and is outclassed by the pa28 in every way.
If you have only flown shitbox trainers you are not a real pilot, stop kidding yourself and return to your local bar with your janitor salary and using your FAA PPL to try and get girls.

and while you're at it, remove that "captain_user" from your instagram handle, cause you're not kidding anyone.

>tfw no pulsejet plane with absolute minimum moving parts
>the meme of an engine they call a jet won out over pulse and ramjet technology

shittest timeline

If you want to waste all your fuel in 30 minutes and go deaf at the same time you can find some blueprints for making a home built one. The only reason the Germans used them for the V1 was because it was piss easy to build and didn't use any valuable metals that where required for turbojets.

Please fuck off, you're making PA28 pilots look bad by association.

T. shares ownership of a PA-28-201T

>Fuel consumption: 150 - 200 l/hour
It's a big plane. Just fuel will cost you more than renting a simple Cessna.

Not only that, but we have similar projects done by Embraer, which is already established in the regional market, Sukhoi and Mitsubishi trying to take a bite of that market. The hues launched a reworked Embraer with new engines/improved wings and shit too.

>150-200 l/hour
The fuel cost of that could rent you a lot better than a simple Cessna.

Get a tail wheel, tandem seat, high wing.

This was my first plane. Museum quality 1940 Porterfield CP65. Covered in cotton fabric.

I bought it with 2 other friends when I was 19. We sold it before I finished my license, but it was the funnest flying I have done.
No electrical system, no flaps, handprop, hand held radio with battery intercom, fuel gauge is just a stick floating in the tank.

Now I just fly my Beech travelair, thinking back to the good Ole tailwheel flying.

It's a shame because the guy that bought it crashed it.

After I get my multi commercial, I'll sell the travel air and get a T-28A.

>in b4 you can't afford it

I've worked in the warbird business for 7 years, and know exactly what it's going to cost me.

>misses tailwheel
>wants a T-28 instead of a T-6
C'mon son

I know
T-6s are too expensive and underpowered, though.

The T-28A is the most affordable warbird.
I know it's a nose wheel, but it's a radial. And the tandem seating is still there.
It can out turn a P51, It only has 1 airframe Airworthiness Directive, and It only burns 35 an hour.

Besides, my close friend is looking to buy a tailwheel. I'll trade him maintenance for use of his plane.

Starting to see why turboprops replaced large recip engines in aircraft.

Expensive? Are they not in the exact same price range? ~$150,000 for a decent one, $250-300,000 for a really nice one? As for being underpowered, I wouldn't find it so given that I fly an Ag Cat, it's as fast as your Beech.

why not an old russian jet fighter

>the cessna virgin droop

vs

>the MIG chad stride

Nobody on Veeky Forums is a billionaire

>/n/
>not bunch of busriders
>owning fucking planes

They're too busy spending $5,000 on a bicycle and circlejerking over how eco friendly they are and how much better a bike is for living in the big shitty, or collecting commemorative bus passes.

The T-28A is $80,000 ~ $130,000
The T-28B,C,D, and fennec models are $170,000 ~$400,000

The 600hp T-6 starts getting underpowered in aerobatics and maneuvers. This is coming from 2 different owners.
The T-28A is not as underpowered as the T-6. And the T-28BCD models are not as underpowered as the A model.
But the B,C,D models require a type rating because of the 1425hp engine.

in fact i paid 4k for downhill bike, but damn, road bikers are prius driver of biking

i hate these numales with passion.
city bikers are fucking faggots, damn you made me sperg out like motherfucker
ill probs will reply myself ten times with same hate fuelled shit 10times more.
fuck city bikers fucking fags

I see. I haven't looked at the A models, most of the ones I've seen lately were Bs.

>The 600hp T-6 starts getting underpowered in aerobatics and maneuvers. This is coming from 2 different owners.

I suppose it depends on your wants from the plane. It's not an Extra or a Bearcat, you only expect so much of it. I was talking to a now retired Aeroshell pilot about his career flying the T6 only the other day and he made no bones about the fact that it isn't a fast airplane but is perfectly adequate for regular aerobatics and overall a very nice airplane to fly.

I'm more into spins, stall turns and high energy stuff, so with the budget to buy a T6 or T-28 I'd be in the market for a modified two place Aerobatic plane in the experimental category.