/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

all hail the clockwork overlords edition
previous ded:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb is back online, open to pubbies
>space-engineers.com/server/73821/stats/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yB2axlbHso8
youtube.com/watch?v=7iIyvwbe-UA
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=925033777
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I, for one, happily accept our clockwork overlords

ftd content wew

>this triggers the remshill

>haha he missed... wait wat?
me want in spengos

Harpoons and winches

>tell them specifically not to make a new thread
>they go ahead and make a new thread
Will you ever learn?

I only just recently learned that more harpoons allows you to lift more weight. More research is needed.

Gas yourself faggot

Blizzard is a terrible company who has mad no good vidya and you should get better taste in games.
Also stop acting like a bitch.

Only if you stop making these threads.
Stop making these threads and I will.

REMINDER THAT ONLY KERBNIGGERS WANT /egg/ TO DIE
DO YOUR PART AND REPORT BOMB THEIR POSTS
MAKE /egg/ GREAT AGAIN

This is nightmarish. Not many ships are well-armored at the bottom, so with another vehicle to seal the deal you'd be golden.

What do you stand to gain from shitposting us rather than masturbating to girl cards like the other pedophiles?

Dude
Air-launched torpedoes that hook to the underside of a ship to flip it upside-down.
Can it be done?

Will you stream it?
We are not currently making any more threads. To prove this we are not going to make one single thread in 30 hours.

If you build some torpedoes with a low cruise depth, but lots of fins so they turn sharply upwards under the target it might be do-able?

It's still trying to work out how to get an asymmetrical vehicle to fly straight it's a real had scratcher.

NU FTD UPDATE, ALPHA v2.0
Also know as: wow, it's fucking nothing

Probably it's just updating for the people who aren't in devtest. Those people should have heavy turrets and all that now.

According to the changelog, v1.0 was 1st Jan 2014 and v2.0 has been today 4th July 2017.
I hope the next thing in their priority list is fixing this weird trippy crap that happens when you go far away from the spawn point, because you can't even drive in a straight line if your wheels have the mechanical equivalent of parkinson

No update on my end.

Go to steam and see if you can force it to update. My update was scheduled for 19:36, which is in 2 and a half hours from now

I'd rather they grow a pair of balls and fix the bugs and problems with turrets/spin blocks before some unpaid modder steps in and does it for them. Either do that or hire the guy. Fuck.

Modders knowing more about your game than you do shouldn't become commonplace.

>the mechanical equivalent of parkinson
so... parkinson?

this is /egg/ it has been commonplace in this niche for some time

>/hsg/fags this much butthurt

Are there nuclear reactors yet?

Never ever

How am i supposed to build a nuclear submarine then?

There's an "official" mod that adds nuclear reactors.
I say official because the parts already come with the game without need to install anything else.
The mod is disabled by default so you have to turn it on

I was about to ask if it really counts as a mod, but I guess changing something in the game to make it available does count as modification

This is how you activate the mod (just in case nobody ever tried mods in FtD)

>forgot to say that you have to click on the "Display this tab" button
And this is how the reactor blocks look, because i have no fucking idea how this works. I don't even know if it works.
Also, there's some blocks of reactor shielding that i haven't placed in the pic because they have the same textures than those blocks, and i'm lazy af

>that mod selector
>those reactor textures

thread is turning into a stiff

vg avorion server when? This game is like a multiplayer x3 and im addicted as fuck

>>this triggers the remshill
I feel perfectly fine though.

So it's like loaders in Factorio.

are fidget spinners /egg/?

Unless you have built them in spengies, they are not /egg/.
Then again, if you've made them in spengies, they aren't /egg/, they are CLANG.

if CLANG strikes in the game that shall not be named is it /egg/?

maybe cuz it's full of cunts who keep shitting it up with complaints about perfectly valid games

Nothing is real but by the grace of CLANG user, that makes no sense.

What do you think?

DO NOT FUCKING REPLY
NOT EVEN SAGE
REPORT ON SIGHT AND MOVE ON
DO
NOT

But I want to reply to call them stupid

So, what does Skubmade have over other games?
And is it true you can play multiplayer with pirate versions?

>storm warning
>the winner used boosters to get to the edge of the map

Report them for cheating, it's the only thing you can do

The Skubmade demo is the whole game, there's no need to pirate

K, what does it have over other eggy games? What are some clever things i can do?

It's complete shit. Not even close to optimized enough for the gameplay promised. It's spiralled out of control and the only way the dev could save it would be to scrap it all and restart with what he's learned.

Perkele vittu sataana

holy fucking shit. is this The Coming? are we currently being fucking salvation?

If it will have multiplayer, we might finally be free

>Huge space habitat sharing orbit with intact ring system

This annoys me far more than it should.

Will we also get Bernal Spheres and O'neill Cylinders?

>36 iron ore per ten ticks
fuck
when do i get tech to increase belt throughput

It looks like you can use the ring system to straight up make an O'neil Cylinder.

>no double crossedout op
you had one job...

>you can't paint the duck
I'm slightly mad.

>ring orbits planet
>crashes through the rings some days later
tough ring

desu though looks great and the LOD handling is neato, doesn't seem to work for structures though.

>Trying to do the first Valfross level again
>No old creation specifically made for it
>Must have used previous heavy vehicle for it or something
>Have tried multiple attempts with multiple ideas and just can't do it again
Did they increase the wind strength in one of the minor updates or something? I'm confused and ashamed that I can't figure out how I did it last time, it's just fucking dishonourabur at this point

I just used my spidercar for that one, worked like a charm.

>tfw no french gf

That's a big duck.

just use more belts dum dum
more belts and more factories and more extraction and more power and more belts and more biters and more guns and more trains and more everything. geez.

The sheer scale of the thing is quite impressive.

>That's a big duck.
For

Quuuuack.

>tfw no Duckmecha

How do I make my bote head straight at the enemy instead of having it over steer by as much as 75 degrees sometimes?

Duh nah nah spider-car
Drives wherever a spider drives

>All wood
>Everything I tried with wood frames disintegrated or flew away
I think my game hates me. The thing I have currently even has the same reverse-helicopter design
I'll modify it to just have large wheels, currently it's using steering blocks with friction pads (but the corners don't grip, so even with downforce it slips)

if i pulled that duck off, would it die?

yes, painfully

this thread is now a kerbal space program general colony

pressure clanger

RIP

Just imagine the collateral if it flipped.

youtube.com/watch?v=7iIyvwbe-UA

not factorio tho

I know it's a late reply but
>do not pretend to be retarded
>raycast
>cannons
You first, user, because whichever way you're implying to use raycasting is shite. If you mean raycast as a method to detect your target, it won't help your bullets hit your target at range if they know you're there. If you mean using hit-scan weapons, you should probably change your diaper and go back to single-player creative.

>Still a whole day before the scrap cap gets reset

>more people implying that the mere fact someone knows you're there means they are going to be constantly maneuvering against you effectively
You have to get off the chair and launch missiles at some point. There's also the fact that you can simply saturate the area at a greater spread than their kinematic potential allows them to avoid.

stop reminding me

Is this a solid enough design for a 4388PS piece of shit?

you will need to kepp your distance, you can't really aim down with the cannons.
but yopu have an auger...
hmm....

If we're talking about combat between two competent ships, ideally they would have multiple crew members, and ideally they would both have taken to scripting. Even if if was just 1-on-1 against someone without scripts, anyone worth their salt wouldn't even consider stopping to take single-turret pot-shots at a target well out of their effective range, and an effective pilot should be able to line up main fixed weapons without just flying in a straight line at the target.
Even then, at range, dumb-fire weapons are garbage in a fight against anyone actually utilizing the tools available to them for combat.

And then, all of this is presuming that whatever you're firing doesn't despawn before it even gets to your target.

I reiterate: Any dumbfire weapon that has travel time is ineffective against active long-range targets, you're far better off printing PGMs.

>I reiterate: Any dumbfire weapon that has travel time is ineffective against active long-range targets, you're far better off printing PGMs.
Yet the USN surface fleet seemed to fare just fine and they work perfectly fine in CHoDE.
This is also under the assumption that your opponent has CIWS and not all of your missiles are going to get through. The idea that NO shells from NO amount of volleys from three or four triples however is asinine. That requires near clairvoyance of maneuvering. Any lapse in course changes for even a second would give an opening for the enemy FCS to deliver a solution.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=925033777

i tried this in pvp spengies.
Point defense cant do shit against something that goes so fast. Counter torpedoes are a gamble. How to counter ?

More counter-torpedoes.

I'm sure structures will optimized later on

>Kill 90% of the usual army of assholes
>Except these ones are stronger, not so bad
>And they also have fucking weird AI that RUNS AWAY for most of the match
10 fucking minutes of hunting those flighty cunts down, and they each can handle like 3 hits from a 2x speed saw so I had to sit over them every time they got knocked down to wait for them to stand up
If the rest of Valfross has these assholes in it when released then I'll just make everything out of sawblades and indestructible parts

Also that's a pretty small missile, it seems like one you'd use as an AA weapon or mount as terminal defense.

You're not going to do any significant damage with a few shells in Spengies, the game that this entire discussion on weapon types is referring to, unless you're using some of the retardedly OP guns, at which point you and your opponent are probably also shielded.

Unless you are bearing down with immense firepower, producing a significantly thick wall to cover the entire area of wherever your target can move to in the time it takes your wall to get there, and dumping bullets like they're going out of business, you're not going to do any lasting damage.

Area denial between them and you, flak, and playing for CLANG's blessing. Hopefully you have something to detect the threat fairly early, otherwise you're boned.
If scripted flak turrets can't damage the missile enough to stop it, you might be able to throw a cloud of warheads in its path and detonate them as it comes through.

Standard turret AI is way too basic to handle advanced warfare.

>You're not going to do any significant damage with a few shells in Spengies
In a couple of seconds no, but over a five to ten minute slugfest it'll absolutely do appreciable damage.

If you have a ridiculously heavily armed ship and enough ammunition for sustained fire for that long, sure. By all means, you'll annihilate your target, anything in the firing cone, the ammunition market, and the simspeed if the size of your ship hasn't already done that. If you want to fly costly gunbeds, be my guest.

Yes, I would absolutely prefer to fly a well armed capital ship.

>kinematic potential
physician detected.