/pg/ - Persona General

Takamaki Tuesday Edition

Previous Thread NEWS
>Hashino thanks western piggus: personacentral.com/message-director-katsura-hashino-celebrating-western-release-persona-5/
>New game domains registered: personacentral.com/potential-persona-5-spin-off-website-domains-registered-including-p5d-p5u/
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
>Persona ISOs
mega.nz/#F!5iQAGTLB!U1LUUTLtawRdsWSDDFSAQQ

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Kawakami a kawacutie

She's mine /pg/

robot is forever!!

Kawaclaimed.
Kawawriter reporting in.

He is loyal
He is kind
He is Ryuji
And he is mine

We will take /pg/'s treasure!

I love Ann!

>Makoto x Joker
>Anne x Ryuji
>Futaba x Yusuke
>Haru x Goro

Daily reminder that this is the optimal pairing in P5

And I will take your virginity how about that

Becoming friends with Makoto!
Watching gangster movies with Makoto!
Falling in love with Makoto!
Taking Makoto on a perfect date!
Getting Makoto hooked on drugs!
Making Makoto emotionally and financially reliant on you!
Pimping Makoto!
Visiting Makoto at work with flowers!
Proposing to Makoto!
Buying a house with Makoto!
Marrying Makoto!
Retiring and living in the country side with Makoto!

I can't wait for Persona 5 Akechi Goro of the Resurrection!

Pretty much, it says a lot that Door-kun at least had a year of being happy before he died while Goro's life can pretty much be summed up with that scene where he's choking half to death on the Russian takoyaki and lying about how he totally loves it.

Futaba's hairstyle really does look good on all of them.
>Evade Image Limit

It is also a hobby of mine

>ywn watch fireworks with Ann on 4th of July

>Even with all the make up she put on the black eye is still visible
Who hit her?

Oh get over yourselves. Goro's life was never as bad as he made it seem like. All he had to do was use his Persona power to shit on Shido and he would be free to do as he wished.

For

That's a nice hobby. There is nothing wrong with fantasy. Ah I wish I could corrupt the prim and proper Makoto into a masochistic, cock-sucking degenerate.

can we not do this again

Me neither!

Im surprised there isn't more rape doujins for makoto, she's the perfect girl for it.

no.

I love Haru

they're just gonna keep responding to themselves, just ignore them

Where are my Pixie doujins?

There's a one ritual post limit around here, bud.

>Goro's life was never as bad as he made it seem like. All he had to do was use his Persona power to shit on Shido and he would be free to do as he wished.
That's exactly my point user, just like I said here :
The question is why he went off bonkers and made the most convoluted and illogical revenge plan ever made.

I love Ann

what do you think is the PTs drug of choice?
Joker - cocaine
Ryuji - prescription pain killers
Yusuke - nbome
Makoto - speed
Anne - weed
Futaba - cough syrup
Haru - opium she grew herself

>only one person likes Pixie

I don't get it, this last week was fine until last night. Did their bans run out all at once or something?

So do I.

Give it time. I'm sure we'll get some good ones with quality art. She's popular so she's bound to attract attention of this sort. I'm looking forward to it actually.

> The question is why he went off bonkers and made the most convoluted and illogical revenge plan ever made.
I was the user wondering why Goro seemingly never decides to just off himself if his life is that bad, since it's not like he has a script telling him he'll get powers at 15. That being said we do have to consider that Shadow Shido was likely on a whole another level even years back and maybe expansion on his story will show why he chose a plan so incomprehensible it makes Ryuji look smart, I mean Ken also wanted to get revenge and he was quicker to act on it albeit being hesitant.

>The question is why he went off bonkers and made the most convoluted and illogical revenge plan ever made.
Probably because he was sad, lonely and angry. He didn't understand the value of the life he had and always felt like he was missing out on life. Poor bastard.

>That being said we do have to consider that Shadow Shido was likely on a whole another level even years back
I wonder what determines how 'strong' a Shadow is. Is it based on how distorted the person's desires are?

I love Ryuji so damn much

It's also kind of fucked up that people probably treated Goro much worse when he hadn't done anything wrong yet and idolized him when he made his debut as the Detective Prince not knowing he caused all those murders. It's kind of hard to expect him to have a remotely screwed-on view of justice in this sort of situation; given how he just look sad when he sees his popularity drop it almost seems like he's vaguely aware this is not what he wants but that's the most he can really hope for.

Good question. I mean Shadow Shido's cognition spreads over a very wide area and he's certainly strong.

I guess I will have to kill you. Just like in Highlander, there can be only one.

Sae barges into makotos room "what the hell is this I hear about you switching to Kosei??" Makoto explains that she has been awoken to the arts. "Law is a man made construct, man, it's a form of art but it's much more limited and devoid of character. Yusuke told me that. He said I had a good balance of logic and intuition so I'm going to become a artist."

Sae can't even see straight, she's nearly frothing at the mouth, her teeth grinding into dust. "WHAT ABOUT YOUR FUTURE? MY FUTURE??" Makoto calmly explains that she can just live with her while she tries to make it in the art world. Sae does some breathing exercises and sits down, "and how is that workig out for Yusuke?" Perhaps makoto gave some serious thought to this... "Oh, he hops around his friends places," Makoto exclaims with a smile, "and he usually only eats once a day, if that."
Something snaps in Saes mind and she hysterically laughs and cries. "Isn't it beautiful, big sis? He isn't bound by law like us" Makoto smiles as Sae laughs maniacally while taking out some beers.

we know Hifumi

That's not how this waifu thing works

>I was the user wondering why Goro seemingly never decides to just off himself if his life is that bad, since it's not like he has a script telling him he'll get powers at 15.
This is what I've been wondering all along. What else if not for someone or something push him to live on for irrational revenge and vain recognition?

>That being said we do have to consider that Shadow Shido was likely on a whole another level even years back
Shidou back then is still a small time politician who probably still oblivious to cognition psience research. After Goro rescued him from his scandal trough Metaverse, Shidou starts looking for this kind of knowledge trough Wakaba, thus his Palace become stronger as the result.

>Probably because he was sad, lonely and angry. He didn't understand the value of the life he had and always felt like he was missing out on life. Poor bastard.
That's why it's logical if he went depressed and suicidal, not mad rave for vengeance and recognition.

Be on the look out for this detective. She is considered armed and packing some bazookas.

>It's also kind of fucked up that people probably treated Goro much worse when he hadn't done anything wrong yet and idolized him when he made his debut as the Detective Prince not knowing he caused all those murders.
That's how people are but that is no excuse. All Goro had to do to be respected was dress well, be clean and have good manners. It would take time but people would start respecting him because he is naturally very handsome. He just needed to chill out be his own person instead of obsessing about people liking him.

>That's why it's logical if he went depressed and suicidal, not mad rave for vengeance and recognition.
He says he blames everything on Shido including his mother's death and his own suffering in life. Of course he is going to want revenge most of all.

I'm just joking, man.

>He says he blames everything on Shido including his mother's death and his own suffering in life. Of course he is going to want revenge most of all.
Then he made the most complicated and idiotic vengeance plan instead consider the other options that I've presented in this one :

Damn.. Is DAN worth it just to see Naoto work her stuff?

Ignoring the fact that he let himself get played by Representative Charstrong, I thought Akechi 'helped' Shido because he wanted to take down Shido at his peak - just after achieving his desire to become Prime Minister. If Shido was going to fall, Akechi was going to ensure he fell from as great a height as possible.

Huh, but didn't Shido say he would have thought Goro was insane had he not read Wakaba's research?

> This is what I've been wondering all along. What else if not for someone or something push him to live on for irrational revenge and vain recognition?
Goro never seems to speak ill about his mum, so it would be incredibly depressing if he hates himself so much for her death that he felt killing himself would be like saying she made the wrong choice in having him.

> All Goro had to do to be respected was dress well, be clean and have good manners.
I don't think that's really possible, Persona games tend to address social issues in Japan and the fate of a child like him tends to be very bleak. If no one took him in as a child it's extremely unrealistic for him to suddenly attract attention just for being handsome as a teenager, it is a plot point after all that a TV station producer is in Shido's pocket and they can manipulate the media.

>Then he made the most complicated and idiotic vengeance plan instead consider the other options that I've presented in this one
He wanted to give him everything he wanted and then take it away. He hated him so much that just ruining his life wasn't enough.

>If no one took him in as a child it's extremely unrealistic for him to suddenly attract attention just for being handsome as a teenager,
Of course he wouldn't attract attention but he would at least be treated politely by the people around him and that's enough.

>Persona games tend to address social issues in Japan and the fate of a child like him tends to be very bleak.
This is correct but Goro had special Persona powers to ensure his success. He could have layed low and used his power to ensure he led a comfy, fulfilling life.

honestly, you could just watch all that stuff online

Yeah, I know you're joking. I just think claiming waifus is dumb.

>Is DAN worth it
No

it was this, he built the guy up because he wanted to knock him down

akechi's biggest problem is that he hates both society and his bald asshole dad but craves recognition and validation from them at the same time. like his persona shows, he's constantly flip flopping between black and white and it fucks him up inside

he plays himself off as some mastermind but he's just some sad crazy kid whose dastardly plans only got as far as they did because The Hon. Charstrong bankrolled him

I want a Goro sequel game so bad.

If the Asukafag from /a/ is right, you will have to fight in a tournament in the afterlife against other waifufags to win your waifu.

It's going to be fanfics or nothing for at least a year and good luck finding one that doesn't involve Joker fucking the evil out of him.

That's why it's idiotic. He NEVER calculated the future possibility of this asinine plan. No plan B or C for him at all. He just thought "Just go with it what you think the best and everything will be alright!" Hence why he got rused by almost everyone so easily.

Tanaka Tuesday on a 4th of July?

Sale on all firework commodities!

>Pick an obscure waifu in the hopes of having an easy tournament
>Get to the afterlife, and there's only one other competitor
>It's the Demi-Fiend

Wrong wrong wrong.
Objectively wrong.

I don't read fanfics.

>That's why it's idiotic. He NEVER calculated the future possibility of this asinine plan.
user Goro isn't some evil mastermind. He's just a lonely kid who hates his dad. People make irrational plans all the time.

you don't pick a waifu

the waifu picks you

>tfw Ohyafag

Seeing Tanaka in Persona 5 made me realize how much Persona's character design has changed over the course of 10 years.

Just watch on Youtube lol.

See you in hell

Every time I play a persona game I swear...

First one I played was P4G.
'These characters seem pretty okay, this game's alright!'
Then move on to P5
'Alright now THESE characters are the rad ones, super cool!'
Then start P3P: MC-chan edition
'This seems grim, and these people are even MORE cool than 4 and 5'

.....is it just an effect of starting a new game or are P2 and P1 going to have the coolest characters in existence?

art styles evolve and change

but giraffe necks are forever

> Of course he wouldn't attract attention but he would at least be treated politely by the people around him and that's enough.
Did he even have money though? From the way he mentioned being passed from home to home and how he's doing pretty okay on his own now it sounded kind of like we only know of him as this charismatic and possibly rich guy because of his connections. I'd say in the end that the most sensible thing Goro could have done was to bust crime-doers by seeking out their Shadows while working on the ultimate revenge plan on his dad, but he's 15 and probably got his powers at a snapping point so that's kind of weird too.

Yep, sound morality and a healthy personality is something that comes from society as well as yourself but Goro had no chance of learning either because of his shitty upbringing. Part of why I'd love it if he has a part in spin-offs is that his character has potential, really.

I pick all the waifus
And they pick me

They are all shit characters. The women are only good as cumdumps and the guys are cannonfodder to throw against bosses.

That only works for ryuji

>P3P: MC-chan edition
why

Has potential, but needs refinement. Makoto thinking she has life figured out and Sae raging is cute

I care very little for the P4 cast after playing P5, but I still remember SEES very fondly. I suspect I'm starting to dislike the IT due to the fuckton of spinoffs, however.

Joker, pls.

Obligatory Makoto post

No

P5's cast has its charms but I'll likely always be the most fond of SEES.

>Did he even have money though?
Probably not.

>I'd say in the end that the most sensible thing Goro could have done was to bust crime-doers by seeking out their Shadows
No just find a rich guy's shadow and change his heart to give most of his cash to Goro. With that out of the way he could get away from all the problems in his life and live in peace like a normal person. Buy a nice home to live in, enroll in a prestigious school and invest his new money smartly to secure himself financially. Then he could make some new friends and a nice girlfriend in his new school and he is set on a good path to live a peaceful life. If he runs into a problem he can't solve easily again, he can just rely on his persona to save his ass. The abilities to change hearts and cause insanity without a trace are really powerful trump cards.

It's entirely possible, I'm really early into the game. They seem pretty okay so far though.

I JUST finished P5 but I'm not eager for NG+, but still want to play Persona.

That's good to hear, I'm looking forward to it.

The P3 cast being in 2/3 of the spin-offs did nothing?

>No
What possible reason could I have to actually buy this game when I can watch it online? It's a glorified QTE game for God's sake.

>It's entirely possible, I'm really early into the game. They seem pretty okay so far though.
It's not that they are bad people. It's just that the social aspect of these games are total garbage. It's so fucking boring. I don't know why people put up with it.

That he got such an insanely powerful ability and went full retard in a way that would cause mass-spread destruction is actually kind of why I do wonder if someone was manipulating him beyond the obvious Yaldy. Either way I suppose the only way to tell is to wait for more explanations.

I love Baofu!

Due to the larger timeskip, the SEES members in Arena felt like evolutions of the characters, rather than straight rehashes.
I completely ignored Q.

Will you be able to win against Jake?

It's fun

It's called recency bias.

play a real shinji magomi tonsil game