/ARMS/ - ARMS General

Previous:
>NEWS
- Max Brass is anticipated to be released mid July, along with a new game mode and balance changes!
nintendoeverything.com/arms-japan-grand-prix-2017-announced-next-update-targeted-for-the-middle-of-this-month/
- Version 1.1 is out.
support.nintendo.co.jp/app/answers/detail/a_id/34521
>LAN mode added. While pressing the left stick, press L+R on the main menu to switch to LAN mode
>Arena mode, basically like ranked mode, supports spectators
>Kid Cobra & Byte & Barq fixes for the snakeboards
>Fix for Ribbon Ring where some arms didn't properly hit the boxes
>Text fix for the story mode

Lists of /ARMS/ friend codes:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vORCZhZnw3y8KFWHBZxjc27nc9HDvQGPAtuQ0bqC4d8/edit?usp=sharing
Survey to add your own:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLllf7MIurfVBnVEtZ0E1ZIEyRmvxXDxxzRrW12AGpT4dBHQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Official twitter (contains tips and tricks about the game, news, and DEEPEST LORE):
twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=63711030
twitter.com/hthn8108/status/878937887768576000
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for girls>boys

>Your waifu is going to be nerfed

A million sales WHEN?

Don't fuckle with Helix

People really exaggerate how good Ribbon is. Still even if she gets nerfed I'm going to play her.

more

Mechanica is cute and fun to play!

min min

i demand more cute mechanica

i'm curious how they're gonna tackle the balance changes in the next patch: yabuki said that they're going to focus a lot more on buffs and nerfs but that's just pr talk for every developer who doesn't want to be stoned to death when talking about balance in their games

as far as i remember, mk8 was pretty unbalanced towards heavy characters when first released but it got a lot better with deluxe. and bamco is thanked during the credits so they're probably gonna help them out too? i mean, there are some obvious things:

>cobra's numbers reduced (throw damage, arms girth, ...)
>bubbs nerfed

but are they going as far as like halve ribbon girl's air jumps? and what about said buffs? i thought about mechanica but she just won that 12 players tournament a few days ago in japan...

i think for this first balance patch and with being only one month in the game, they're only going to mitigate the top tiers chars and arms but nothing too drastic: just enough to be "in line" with the others

Just started playing yesterday and she's my favorite character to use so far

Why does no one play MM?

m o r e

How about some edgy Mechanica?
Mummy is my secondary. He's a good dad.

Nobody wants MM to be their daughter

I'm inclined to agree with you. The characters consistently hitting top spots right now aren't doing so in overwhelming numbers to the point that the nerfs need to be drastic.
I think there still needs to be more time to explore all of the characters before any big nerfs/buffs get doled out.
I still see a lot of people, especially casual players, put Mechanica close to the bottom when she's actually pretty good, as Shingoro was able to prove very recently.

I can kinda see that working desu.

>exaggerate
>character can stay airborne 24/7, moreso on certain stages
>not OP as fuck

They said they would focus on buffing, instead of nerfing. They might make some slight improvements to characters or ARMS that are underplayed. Maybe something like small improvements to speed would be good. Mechanica and Mummy would do better with increased dash or jump speed. The lesser used arms tend to be slower than alternatives too.

I predict they're gonna decrease the Rush you gain for whiffing a punch, and increase the rush you gain for blocking

>has to land (and be defenseless)
>can be counterpicked to competely gimp her strong air game
>hasn't won a tournament outside of Sugo Ude (and it was a mirror match)
Yeah, OP as fuck. No wonder Japan's Rank 15s are mostly KC.

whops, you're right. i meant "fouct a lore more on buffs than nerfs"

i hate this pile of shit game. i believed in it, i really did. but it's a big pile of shit and i wasted my money
fuck off yabuki. stick to casual games

Why do you hate it?

nayrt but it's almost as luck based in the clunky controls as the old wii boxing and online play is a bunch of people kicking your ass over and over because it puts veterans in with newbies for shits

this is like a 30 dollar game they decided to charge 60 bucks for

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=63711030

i don't actually hate this game, but i hate a lot of aspects of it

joycons don't work
pro controller does, but you're forced to use the left stick for blocking because yabuki's a motion control psycho
easy to get memed by a weird ARM combo
too easy to get metre
too easy to hit rush with certain ARMS
too hard to hit rush with certain ARMS
bubbs
ribbon girl

Because he's the worst in the game. He can still give you a hard time if you have no flanking arms though.

Honestly I find it easier to push in the stick for block when I'm using the joycons, either in handheld mode or in the joycon grip. It's also easier to do the alt color select without it swapping to an adjacent character. Though I will say the pro is better for using ZR/ZL for punches, but I use A/B anyways.

When do we find out ARMS' worldwide sales?

why would you care about sales? can't you like something without it being popular?

Yabuki has specifically said that sales = extra dlc content.

Also, ARMS having good sales = Spring Man in smash

didn't ARMS have a pretty storng first week in Japan? I think it beat Tekken 7's fist week.

Most have already passed Yabuki's level.

But that guy clearly hasn't:

I dunno, he did work on the game. He probably hid his power level a little in the big tournament so it didn't look like a ridiculous curbstomp

Like there's that much depth to the game. Though there might be hidden tech the dev team knows about.

People have already found a method for getting an extra air dash (hit with a punch in the air after dashing the first time and you get a second one), nobody knows if there's anything else or anything that might get patched in

what about me?

twintelle is huge

Am I alone in thinking that Helix is OP for Hoops?

>against hedlok
>guy always grabs when someone does a supercharged attack resulting in less than 200 damage total

why are some players so fucking stupid?

source?

She's not OP. You just need to counter-pick with your ARMS. Also don't get baited into trying to grab her when she's in the air.

I find most people I play against always try to grab me in mid-air. I'll air dodge out of the way and take my free grab against them. I've won matches doing nothing but this.

He was my main at first, but I ended up dumping him. His flinch resistance is good but his heal isn't worth a damn. His lack of really any mobility hurts him as well.

So did that person who posted tits actually get bought a copy of arms?

I know your pain all too well. Lost matches because of this shit too.

twitter.com/hthn8108/status/878937887768576000

Yeah, that's understandable. He seems like he could be somewhat more competent in 2v2, but outside of that I see little reason why he's get picked.
Does anyone know how much he heals per second anyway?

Its always ten but if you heal for a few seconds then speeds up a little.

Is it bad if I DC when the snake park comes up in ranked? I always stay at the back and wait if the other player wants to fight without those gimmicks but if he doesn't engage I will dc. Had a couple just swirl around in the middle until the timer ran out.

Twintelle's stinky, sweaty feet after a hard match!

Mechanica is short! SHORT! Her short legs give her a big bubble butt! She has wide hips too!

She's also pretty smug.

Yabuki is literally the only person on the planet that likes using the Joy-cons.

He shouldn't have made them so godfuckingawful then desu

Also, smelly Minmin feets

Well, she's only one year older than the Inklings.

Why do people hate the Joy-Cons now?
They're pretty intuitive imo.

158cm isn't bad for a 15 year old! She isn't short!

>TFW manlet
>TFW Ribbon Girl is 2 cm taller than me

Wow this list is terrible. Where did it come from?

She's probably not going to grow that much more!

She is VERY short! But she has a big butt and hips! I think her height is cute, and very bullyable! I want to tease her for being a bigbutt shortstack!

They are all wearing pretty high shoes so I would deduct at least 5cm.

>terrible
Explain further.

Bully my wife and she'll end your life! Be warned!

It says +7cm under Ribbon Girl for her shoes, and +10cm under Twintelle.

Is it true this game is dead or is /v/ just shitposting about Nintendo again?
Asking because I was thinking of picking it up.

They're just not worth the effort. Much harder to aim with and much more tiring. Also the fact that people are just slobbing about using pro controllers really plays on your mind.

Totally shitposting. The majority audience of the game has probably never been to /v/, every party room I go to is full and ranked matches get a hit within 10-15 seconds.

There's just nothing to talk about. It doesn't have much content. I say it will die once Splatoon 2 comes out.

Fair enough.

/v/ doesn't play fighting games

A+: RG, Minmin, Helix
A: Twintelle, KC
A-: B&B, Mechanica
B: Ninjara, Spring
C: Mummy

There's thousands of people online and you can jump into a game in record time. The game is far from dead. /v/ just memes it because there's not a lot to to actually talk about in between the content that's there and waiting for updates. It's mostly just banter about characters/lore and some silly games encountered online. It's kinda like how you don't see a lot of threads for Rocket League even though there's no short supply of players for it.

Jesus those eyes

Look at it this way: girls around your height or shorter will be cute and curvy shortstacks, and the rest will be tall amazons. Not a bad selection, if you ask me.
t. guy shorter than Min Min

She's a short dork with smelly armpits! Sorry, user, that's just the way it is! I want to rest my arm on her head because she's so short!

Helix should have his own rank above A+ and Spring Man is too low
Otherwise good

the fact that said thread went from shitposting/falseflagging to actual discussion about the game should give you an idea