Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/features/how-marvel-became-envy-scourge-720363
glassdoor.com/Reviews/Marvel-Entertainment-Reviews-E3929.htm
twitter.com/mykeryu/status/880380690776309760
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Friendly reminder that the concurrent player count for SFV on Steam is inflated.

Friendly reminder that SFV and T7 are identically bad. Both have horrendous input lag, terrible online experience, a lack of character variety, and sparse on features. They even share artificial load times. If you promote either of these games you're a fighting game community killing scrub equal to a Smash kiddie.

Friendly reminder that if the your game doesn't have keepaway, it's not a game worth playing.

This is my wife.

Which character is the best for whiff punishing in Alpha 3?

Imagine if her win screen is her curling her toes for the camera

V Dhalsim

Imagine if you killed yourself

chariot vs altaccz ft10 when

play ichiban

nth for sooa

Oh yeah, shes panders to footfags too, i forgot.

This is why tekken needs crossplay

It's not Capcom
It's not Disney
It's Ike Perlmutter's fault.
He's the CEO of Marvel Entertainment
It's not MCU shilling (he doesn't have control over the MCU anymore because Feige and Disney saw him as a nuisance)
The guy hates Fox and has been having an embargo on F4 and X-Men characters in merchandise, television, and video games for the past few years.
There's a mobile game with Gwenpool but no Deadpool
Spider-Man's Bag-Man costume got its 4 removed in a mobile game
A developer of a Facebook game said that there's no X-Men because they weren't given permission
However this embargo on X-Men seems to be dying off a bit with X-Men appearing on a mobile game recently and are appearing in Marvel Heroes Omega.
Fantastic Four have been getting a worse treatment when they and Silver Surfer were flat out taken away for availability in an MMO.

Don't blame Fox
Don't blame Disney
Don't blame the MCU
Blame this asshole for no X-Men and no F4

He's notoriously stingy and petty.
He tried to ruin a man's life over tennis.

yes she does. she has her feet exposed AND thigh high stockings. thank you based capcom.

tl dr

i wish there was an incentive to lobby, but i want fight money

t. combofiend

Post buttons

>In 2008, only a few years ago, Marvel Entertainment was operating above a Mercedes-Benz dealership in Beverly Hills. Its CEO, Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter, was fretting so much about profit potential for the soon-to-be-released Iron Man movie that he wanted to serve only potato chips at the premiere.

>When staff moved from Manhattan Beach to the Disney lot in Burbank, a source says Perlmutter declined to upgrade the company's worn furniture because he did not want to change the culture. "Disney owns Marvel, but Ike gets to control every budget and everything spent on marketing, down to the penny," says a studio insider.

>Perlmutter once complained that journalists at a junket were allowed two sodas each instead of one, and Disney ran out of food at an Avengers media event because of Perlmutter's constraints, causing reporters to pilfer from Universal's nearby suite for The Five-Year Engagement.

hollywoodreporter.com/features/how-marvel-became-envy-scourge-720363

Funny that you mention that, as I have been training in Uniel and Nitroplus for the past year or two, but I'll still need to actually land the first hit.
also
>inheritance
So I hire a prostitute or get a hobo to play with me until they're good enough to be a practice partner?

tl dr twice

2007 Marvel poster

im cummy

>hates SF and Tekken
>makes fun of anime players as well
Well shit, what games does this bot play? NRS?

We gotta wait for fuccking Abigail to come out first. Fuk

2013 Marvel poster

Notice something?

>you will never have a caucasian anime girlfriend

Better bunny

KOF14 is a good game and I am butthurt that other North Americans don't play it.

That's why I said enter all the kusoge, so you'll level up faster.

Where you at, anyway?

Perlmutter tried to replace the X-Men with Inhumans but in the process took away what made them unique and turned them into diet X-Men.
In fact he was so into the ideas of using Inhumans to replace X-Men that he bugged Feige into making an Inhumans movie. (They're a bunch of superpowered individuals from the moon and were made in the 60's. They've actually had some pretty good stories but having them turn into diet X-Men ruined the appeal.)

>It’s a really sad place to work despite being regarded publicly amongst the most high energy brands in the world. I’ve never met a more dejected, down trodden group in my entire career. Full of underpaid staff who’ve worked there so long I’m convinced they either can’t get another job and/or are obsessed with comics as evidenced by the stampede whenever there’s an internal sale full of leftover product that nobody wanted to buy at Disney World. Ego’s run really high and boasts of working at Marvel for 30+ years(as if that’s something to be proud of) run rampant.

>One of the cheapest places I’ve ever worked despite Box office BILLIONS. Toilet paper is a privilege, the kitchen has no coffee, and the microwave belongs in a museum — it doesn’t even spin on the bottom. The noisy industrial water machine, complete with little clear cups like the drug test urine ones, is broken at least twice a month. Get used to seeing “Caution, Slippery floor” cones since they’ve yet to repair the leaky pipe underneath the kitchen sink. Everything is on its last leg.

>Extremely paranoid work environment. Your computer is handicapped from doing anything except your actual job. They blocked the internet once, in general, for “security reasons”. They also send test spam e-mails to try and trick employees into clicking spam links only to reprimand anyone who may have accidentally fallen for it. Company wide e-mails were sent saying anyone who failed the spam exam would be “targeted”, though thankfully we never found out what that actually meant. Also if a celebrity happens to walk around the office, don’t look them directly in the eye or engage them in any way — people have gotten fired for doing so.

glassdoor.com/Reviews/Marvel-Entertainment-Reviews-E3929.htm

>Marvel Studios first order of business on attaining autonomy was dropping Inhumans
Isn't Disney all about merch? Why are they letting this nonsense continue?

I wish Cerebella was my bunny...

Dumb Medici slut.

So what are the odds of her actually looking cute in game?

*sniffs semitically*

>Dude, Andy lmao

Delet this shit character.

Perlmutter petty grudge against Fox is pure spite over movie rights when Feige himself doesn't mind.

Perlmutter tore a Fantastic Four poster at HQ out of frustration over said rights.

i'd say the odds are good. all the chicks look pretty hot, save for a few weird close up angles like ibukis win screen.

Bit lewd

Is Slayer CH 6P, 214K~K, stuff the standard confirm from CH 6P? Seems hard to visually hitconfirm.

twitter.com/mykeryu/status/880380690776309760

input lag shitters BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

>Company wide e-mails were sent saying anyone who failed the spam exam would be “targeted”, though thankfully we never found out what that actually meant. Also if a celebrity happens to walk around the office, don’t look them directly in the eye or engage them in any way — people have gotten fired for doing so.

lol wtf

>but what if the online don't work

I understand making the hands and feet big during the attack animation but what's the reason they need to be big during the idle animation or regular movement animations? Ono explain this shit to me right now.

I think it's funny that even with tekken's 38 characters at launch people still bitch about the few characters that didn't make it in.

Anyway what I wanted to say was fuck lei shitters.

>sperging this hard about missing cartoon characters
holy shit, Marvel really IS just an anime game for Amerifats

South Carolina in a town with ~5000 people

What happened to Soul Calibur?
Wasn't that shit one of the most popular fighting games? How the hell isn't there a SC6?

Agreed, she is by far the best girl
>you will never have a BR circus girl grab your peepee with her hat

This also saddens me.

>jew
Why is it that /pol/ is always right?

this so much, can't even play the fucking game lmao

yes

>people complain that sfv has no offline modes but online works
>tekken has offline content but shit online
>people realize that online is more important than offline

Sfv never dies.
Tekken is a meme.

>trump in the foreground
it all makes sense

ok thx time to stop being slow

sfv online isn't really stellar though.

>people complain that sfv has no offline modes but online works
>tekken has offline content but shit online
literal derp post of the month, congratulations

>facts that extend the lifespan of sfv
>>>kappa
You can go back now

what's wrong with tekken online? i was just playing yesterday

post fc so I can humiliate your retarded ass

tekken 7's offline content is only slightly less bad than sfv's LAUNCH offline content, and it is worse than current sfv

doesn't work well on playstation apparently. I am playing on pc so it doesn't really influence me but at the same time it is kind of shoddy business practice.

Don't play games sorry.
I just shitpost. Upboat pls

i was on playstation
what issues are people having? haven't really heard of this

How is GGPO not a standard feature in all modern fighting games yet? I get that Japanese developers don't really care about whether or not their game is playable outside of regions that are packed together with super good internet already like East Asia, but when they start making statements like they want a game to be an international esport, it's a necessity since not every westerner has good players within driving distance of them like a lot of asian players do. SFV having Kagemusha rollback is a step in the right direction, but it's still just not that good compared to GGPO.

If Dragon Ball FighterZ, a game that's being made specifically for home platforms rather than arcades and was directly stated to be influenced by esports, does not feature GGPO, I will be seriously upset.

Another

>If Dragon Ball FighterZ, a game that's being made specifically for home platforms rather than arcades and was directly stated to be influenced by esports, does not feature GGPO, I will be seriously upset.
LMAO
get ready for asw's patented delay based netcode

I'm on PC but I get a lot of 'The connection to the opponent has been lost', 'Communication error occurred', games dropping even though both players hit revenge match, and it freezing while 'Syncing'. Still very playable online but I get way less matches compared to the the large amount of people playing. The matches should be fairly constant instead of 5 minutes in between them before one finally connects.

My internet setup is pretty standard, wired directly to router, static IP, ports forwarded to that IP, NAT is type 2.

Seems like the game has matchmaking issues.

Maybe japanese developers will start to understand that online is important these days. Even though it's not fightan I still think capcom making MHW more online oriented is a step in the right direction.

>If Dragon Ball FighterZ, a game that's being made specifically for home platforms rather than arcades and was directly stated to be influenced by esports, does not feature GGPO, I will be seriously upset.

Arcsys netcode is trash, Marvels will probably be much better.

>japanese developers
>using GGPO

nice one man

hmm i see, i remember having some problems with that when it first came out, but haven't seen it lately
the reloading of the stage when rematching is super annoying though, i don't know why this needs to be done on non-wall break stages

In my experience, Rev 2 and CF online aren't the worst I've ever experienced (that dishonor goes to console KoF XIII), but yeah, I hope they figure out that delay only works well in Asia before it's too late.

Probably a long shot and a waste of time, but this seems like it would be a good thing to ask on one of their Japanese accounts or at Evo if any of their representatives bother to show up.
Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale does and Yatagarasu was supposed to, so Japanese developers are at least aware of it.

I hope capcom updates Kagemusha to be less one sided.

>tekken has offline content

?????? MvCi already has more single-player content with story/tutorial/trials

Anyone EU PC for Tekken 7, Rev2 or Melty?

Me learning BB in a nutshell
>Ragna - I already play Sol in GG (so thats a no)
>Jin - Fuck Ky w/Ice
>Noel - too much button mashing
>Azrael - too straight foward + really hate his forward dash
>Litchi - really dont want to worry about staff placement
>a-12/v-13 - Fuck Zoners
>Izanami - Everybody says one of the hardest characters to play atm so not gonna touch it
>Yuki/Hazama - Im not contributing to the only opponent online
>Bang - Doesn't seem that good + friends tell me he bad in CF as opposed to previous games
>Hakkumen - I really hate the fact I have to worry about meter to do special moves

tl;dr I tried 10 characters in BBCF and I don't like any of them

izanami isnt hard

so try the rest

So try the remaining 20 characters.

SFV?

>Check For Honor numbers
>They're under 2k average players now
In two weeks SFV could be sub 1k average. Tekken has lost nearly 1k in four days.

Rushdown only trash fighting games are killing the genre. DBFZ will be the final death knell when it brings more rushdown only garbage along with stinky weebs to run anyone decent away.

If you haven't noticed. Most FGs today are pushing out the game as soon as they get a vs mode because they want that Esports Money

Is there a season pass or any other wanking special offer for KOF XIV now that we know there's a shit ton of characters incoming?

So you want a maximum straightforward character without anything specific to worry about, but you don't like Ragna and Jin? In a game that prides itself on character variety and unique character specific mechanics?
Try Makoto.

for honor is not a rushdown based game.

>In two weeks SFV could be sub 1k average
lol no

Everyone good kills each other in close proximity = rushdown only

Other than the EVO boom it could be. It's at 1160 average now and loast 70 in the past four days. It could be sub 1k before EVO ends.

mu-12 is more setup autism than zoning
izanami isn't that hard
izayoi is good and fun, try her

evo + new character, doubt it'll drop now people come back to check the new characters and stuff

Is Melty Blood worht getting? Are people still playing it?

it'll be 2-4k because of evo sales and abigail announcement

So far I like Izayoi cause she reminds me of Johnny and Wesker, but I want to try Arakune
and all my BB friends say "Don't be one of those guys".

Its not the special meter part thats getting me. I the other stuff. I would play Azrael if he didn't have that awkward forward dash because I love his damage output

italian dog humpers are always playing it

i can go for melty or rev2, up to you which

Tekken is a shittier release than SFV, especially when you consider the fact they had 3 years to get it right. Harada firing shots all day at SFV saying he doesnt want his game to be ass on release wins the troll of the year award. Synching...

Azrael's forward dash is pretty good. Like Slayer's but faster.
Arakune is broken, but if you like him why would it matter?