Who /forklift/ here?

Who /forklift/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9z77oztO6UQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Got my LF forklift license but couldn't find a job because >MUH 50 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE MUTHAFUCKA

Fenwick reporting

I miss my sit down lift.

I've forklift a couple of times. Used to work on a small tanker. We had to deliver a 2 ton tank to a quay somewhere. Everyone onboard scratch their heads. How can we lift this tank? Our crane is so weak. I tell them we use fork lift. They say no its danger. I arrange lifting arrangements and forkcrane fix.

those things are really good and it goes practically everywhere

I /forklift/ for a bit
>tfw smooth downshifts in a big old unsynchronized manual 3 speed

it was fun

Is that a stand-up Crown with the silly controller dildo that juts out?

Yes. Yes it is.

>tfw no /forklift/

i've used the motorized pallet jacks before at shop rite and at my current job i use all sorts of little skid steers and tractors but (as far as i know) you don't need a special license or certification to use them so it's not as special as a forklift

Used to drive an electric Crown order picker for Frys, got pissed off and quit mid-shift. I was the only licensed driver in the department so when I did that they were fucked for a long time, lmao.

Fuck that place.

Those things are the work of the devil.

I won't disagree with you there.
Like I said, I miss my sit down lift.

Fuck I miss crowns. My work switched to raymonds and I don't like them.

I don't need to /forklift/ I can just make the employees do that for me.

Huh, my store and all the ones I've gone to around here still use crowns
Maybe it's a regional thing?

>crown
>not a toyota forklift
crown is the ford of forklift brands

Posting mandatory clip
youtube.com/watch?v=9z77oztO6UQ

Fuck yeah
these threads are great

I work for Home Depot, all stores vary as to far what machines they got. Our slipsheet, reach and order picker are all Raymond, epj is Yale and big and small fork are yotas. I use 3 a day.

I like my Ford though, so...

Got gud fag, standups are better than "normie reachies

No it's the one with the awesome fighter jet style control stick

It's more like a dragon dildo with buttons than anything.

Unf

thats pretty standard for most stores, larger ones just have 2-3 of each machine while smaller ones like mine have one of each. does your store have the Ballymore electric ladders? i never bothered to get certified on one of those, they are too slow to bother with and they are better suited to departments managing their inventory while im just running around pulling merchandise as quickly as possible.

Here is the ex military 6000lb load diesel Hyster we use in our hangar.

We have a bunch of Jet Fuel, and it's almost exactly like diesel just without any oil in the fuel, so we mix Jet A with transmission fluid or some kind of oil and pour it in the tank.

Been doing that for 7 years. Damn good forklift.

I miss driving forklifts.
current job has virtually zero potential to use one, job before last I used one daily for 5 years.
I used to go out back on the sit down and pick up stacks of wood and then accelerate and brake hard or just drop the forks hard and get it up on two wheels, and then drive around the lot on just the two.

scandibro checking in.

>I've forklift a couple of times. Used to work on a small tanker. We had to deliver a 2 ton tank to a quay somewhere. Everyone onboard scratch their heads. How can we lift this tank? Our crane is so weak. I tell them we use fork lift. They say no its danger. I arrange lifting arrangements and forkcrane fix.

sounds like a russian solution, are you russian?

I got fired from my forklift job for doing Sikkk skids™. All good tho cause I'm nearly done uni

Scandi cucklift

here's the biggest one I use

t. Feminist dance therapy major

You faggots enjoying all that carbon monoxide?

i just use them indoor so theyre electric

Physiotherapist

Yeah we have both stationary and driveable. The driveable ones move decent but are super jerky. I love my Yale electric jack. First night we got it I fucked with the settings so now it will touch 9mph. Working nights let's me roam free

is that a forklift for ants?

SLOW DOWN YOU MADMAN

speaking of work of the devil, cascading quad forks qualify too. Had to learn how to operate those for a 2 months mission at a ceramic rooftile factory. While I eventually got the hang of it, the first few days had my sphincter pucker on several occasions.

>drive a big toyota and yale with the auto forks
>also small yales
>best forklifts ever
>toyotas have non-existant brakes
>while on deliveries drive moffett

Raymonds, Raymonds as far as the eye can see here.

Anybody know why the hand controls on standup lifts vary so fucking much from brand to brand?

I want to learn to forklift just to say I can

are classes expensive?

You can go take a class to be a certified OSHA trainer, but generally I don't know of any schools that actually teach you to drive.

Every place I've worked at its a on the job training skill.

I daily a crown. Literally drive it more than my cars.

I'm more worried about my battery ejecting itself somehow than carbon monoxide poisoning.

Just to piss people off.
Thats...kinda sad.

I used to work on Hyster forklifts and reach stackers as an unpaid intern. Hated it, cars are far nicer

Carpet salesman here.

My warehouse boy is a useless fucking tit so I have to drive the dildo of doom (pic related) more often than I like. I took out a wall once but as I have no license or experience, and was wearing dress shoes, I just told the owner "I won't say anything if you dont" and that was the end of that.

I still have to drive the thing every now and then though...

Who /mmc/ here?

We have forks on this thing all the time at work. Does this count? Lifts 3200 lbs so it does the job most of the time. The forks are great for rearranging trailers that fuckwits park incorrectly.

what in the mother fuck

lol I hate the carpet pole. We have one but it sits outside. We just poke the carpet rolls with the forks whenever we need to.

Been driving a forkhoist for idk about 10 years off/on in a warehousing/production job.

We recently moved to a new location and some asshole salesman is almost done convincing my boss to trade in the LPG 20 (that we don't need) and the electric 13 reach (That we just bought a new battery for, 5k) for a bloody pallet jack thing with a lift but no reach, dumbest shit I've ever heard.

kinda hard to drive your car more than 8 hours a day.

Just pretend it's an endurance race.

I run a scissorlift. Shit sucks...

I work at a rona lumberyard, we've got 2 CATs and a Toyota at the garden centre. The toyota is a pile of flaming garbage while the CATs are comfy and fantastic to work with, also I can get up to a nice 12mph. Shit's pretty fucking sketchy in the winter though, just this morning i spun a full 360 degrees trying to stop for a turn while going a whole 2.5mph.

Shut up truckdog we know its you go to r/forklifts this is the last time ill tell you

>mosin key

I-i like you,,,

I work for costco man, i don't know what you're on about.

I get more use out of that than the rifle.

You don't fool me

>forklift
who /realmachine/ here?

>implying a stand up is a real forklift

I drive front loaders at work, up to the size of Volvo 180

Also drove a D6 Cat dozer some year back and a 65 Komatsu dozer

I occasionally use a komatsu 400 on the same plant

that would be an amazing "job"

>we

it is

>komatsu 400
google is showing both a rock truck and a ho when search this. either way good shit. rock truck is a thinking man's job

Have many hemorrhoids yet?

I use these, can I join?

I'm not quite sure you understand, this is not like you sitting at your computer chair at your "job"

I hate stackers, but sure, why not.

but that's not a stacker...

How can deskmonkeys even compete?

they can't and they know it

Pilonidal cyst, then? They got a nickname to do with jeeps back in ww2 due to the poor ride quality and other conditions causing them.

>poor ride quality
Ah, so you don't understand. No, I didn't expect you would

/n/ is a better board for you

>Maybe it's a regional thing?
My store had about 4 crowns that needed to be replaced and we only have 10 lifts total. A Reymond rep talked my store manager into buying Reymonds because he could get them within a month. Crown said it would take them almost 3 months to get us 4 Crowns. Pic related is what I drove for almost 10 years. I really really don't like the Reymonds. The tilt isn't inverted, the trigger that Reymonds use to lower and lift the forks has no precision whatsoever, side shift is alright but the trade off is the lift is fuck huge.

Just speculating, not the guy who said hemorrhoids. Are they actually comfortable to operate?

Yea especially the newer machines, the seats have some hightech magic in there. That CAT one is mine and you set the seat's air cushion to your weight when you're sitting on it with fancy sensors. The old ones are a little simpler with just an air cushion you can adjust to how you like and some shocks but they're by far the bumpiest as they're the only machine that sails out into the patch. All the track machines mostly just sit there and are overall really smooth, especially if it's a newer machine with a magic seat. Komatsu makes great seats too. Also the track machines really do not go fast enough to be bumpy at all. When you're working them you only need to make sure you're not unlevel so you just put sticks under your tracks when you're sitting there doing your thing.

And on stumpier ground in the old skidders what I would do was plant my feet more firm on the cab and make my own air seat. Still miles ahead of what the old timers had to deal with in the grandpa machines

>track machines
you mean these things?

>That red and grey color scheme
Shit dawg, is that a BJs distribution center?

yea anything with tracks

Ah, I see.
My store seems really dedicated to crown so I have no worries there. Side shift would be nice though.

That's the inside of a Costco cooler.

Anyone llop toyota here?

Do you push those trailers over the slope?

I got a forklift class certification coming up next Tuesday

How would you get a job like this in the northwest! Seems pretty awesome.

Fuck off, I haul logs and understand that you sit on your ass all day long. If you don't have them yet, you will.

still count as a forklift?

Listen here you paranoid, attention whoring cunt, this bullshit needs to stop. You're obscessed with me bigtime, to the point you will blame me for shit I didn't do. Go get fucked.

Well well well. Looks like Primely was right once again.

And this ride doesn't stop. This ride will never stop.

if it has forks and it can lift it is a fork lift right?