buy a saturn s series

Just by washing and waxing?
it happens because not only do you lose factory cover
then clear coat
then paint
then base paint
THEN YOU GET RUST. protect your paint and never rusts

>Butttt whaat aaboput undercarrage user durr

See rust, sand it and spray some paint to prevent further.

this better be some dumb ass bait nigga

>hurr baittu deso lmao

whats a matter fag? don't own a lift? never worked on your own car?

Rust always starts underneath the car.

And undercoating does chip away, so to protect the underside of your car you'd have to lift it every couple of years to re-spray underneath it, which NO ONE does.

>durrrr let your underbody rust out then fix it
retard

>lift it every couple of years
WOW SO HARD
>lift it every time to do an oil change, add new suspension mod, any other service or maintenance
Well yea?

>implying your under body wasn't already powder coated and otherwise protected
Gee sure is poorfag in here for a rust thread

Amerifats

Here with inspections your car gets lifted and checked for rust. If too much rust -> doesn't pass inspection but that way you get to see your underside yearly so know if there is rust or not

>lift for oil change

lmao

also

>add new suspension mod

normal people don't get shitty ebay springs to replace their shitty ebay springs yearly

you've never used a lift or have access to one. I have access to 6 lifts so why the fuck would I ever use a jack unless a power outage?

You never did, that's for sure. And certainly not one that has been in a wet climate with brine or hasn't been galvanized from the factory.

Total crock.

Powdercoated underbody.

Wtf.

Confirmed pseudo car tech babble.

Yeah it's that easy if you live in some desert or tropical place. It's a little different in places that have winters, road salt and temperature swings.

This is what a Civic with 500 miles... Yes as in less that 1000 miles looks like. Extrapolate that and shit gets scary.

Pretty normal desu.

Do you even know what powder coating is? dumbfuck

>Tfw muh FERD's underbody is caked with so much mud and dirt that rust is basically impossible
Living in GA helps too, snow is an apocalyptic once a decade event here, apparently

I don't live in a shit state.

Hot water pressure cleaning the undercarriage each spring.

MN here
You don’t

This works on my car, plane, and guns.
It's magic, I've sprayed this on corrosion and in a couple weeks, the corrosion just disappears. I didn't even have to do any sanding.

This also.

>I just cleaned all the mud off my truck

Did I goof? Is it gonna rust more now? Should I just cover it in mud again?

Specifically the aviation type? How much rust?

This, or get it early enough you just grind it.

He's retarded. Leaving a truck coated in mud absolutely causes rust

By buying quality.
I bought an 18y/o car, with no rust.

9/11 of people here don't have access to a lift

I think the industrial version works better on really heavy oxidation.
But I've been happy with the aviation grade.

By using a winter beater with a heater. My nice car sits somewhat parked almost 7 months a year. However, winter's have been shorter and less severe lately so that's a bonus.

I do drive it in the winter, but only after a fresh snowfall before plow trucks get out. Once it's home I spray it off.

Also
>Brushed on motor oil every fall
>Try and keep up on rust that appears

My winter beater just gets a motor oil coating. Sucks dick when it's time to work on it in a way, but it's better than everything being seized up and rotting away.

>live in a desert
>what little mud there is dries completely in a day

gotta love that 115* and 7% humidity. My car's interior has been bare steel for something like 12 years now and it still hasnt rusted yet.

I've given up. My car is basically rust now besides the body and 90% of the paint. The subframe is cracked in not just one, but TWO places.

I give it through the winter or until it falls apart (whichever comes first), and then I'm buying another car. A better car.

Film coat

With the help of 3M, Rust check, and a whole lot of elbow grease.

Angle grinder and little welder

With Coca Cola