Superiority

Electric cars are taking over. Why hasn’t user converted??? In b4 muh horsepower or muh driving range

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3puPhoD2sho
youtube.com/watch?v=xDO9blfpCS4
youtube.com/watch?v=Zkd6IV6SMjg
youtube.com/watch?v=3UnI8KEI36E
youtube.com/watch?v=y0PMM9GBEBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No infrastructure.

Read a book.

Because i like tinkering on cars. Its the only thing keeping me from killing myself

Supercharger network for Tesla. Checkmate

“I like tinkering” - literally the only acceptable reason for gas-o-lean

Not really, no.

You better live somewhere with a clean and ample power grid if you're spouting that meme bullshit.

>in b4 the weak points of electric cars

you forgot the weight, bulk, difficulty of recycling cars, expense of parts, immense cost to environment of assembling car from materials sourced all over the world etc

I like electric cars where they're appropriate but nobbers like you make it hard to defend them

>car
Is that a car ?

I want my car to make vroom noises and i enjoy having a manual, which is impossible with an electric car.

>I want my car to make vroom noises
/thread

>muh noise
A good speaker system can produce a better range of engine notes, than the turbocharged four-banger in most new cars.
Checkmate, petrolcucks

>buying a 4cyl turbo

Ok user, I guess all electric cars are G-Wizs now. Checkmate.

>speaker system
Nah fuck that i want to actually hear the engine, doesn't matter if its a three cylinder or a V8, no electric bullshit can replace a real engine note. Also if the sound comes out of the speakers i want it to make spaceship noises instead of fake ICE noise.

a good 2d pure waifu can be more faithful to you than a 3dpd
2d waifu is still fake shit for retards to stop them from feeling lonely

Price. I'll drive my 2l diesel into the ground then get an electric

I can also understand not adopting for price but as soon as it’s time to buy - man up and go electric

Electric for the daily and ICE for the weekend is what will probably be the smart choice in ~5 years.

I barely have a place to park the thing every night, how am I supposed to charge it? Once I fix that issue, maybe it won't be a problem.

>muh horsepower or muh driving range

These seem like legitimate grievances.

becuase i like pussy

they are but he had to mention them first so nobody could deconstruct his retarded argument

Go take your electric bus with a good speaker system on your dick head

this smart only makes sense being electric. No idea why mercedes put a fucking mitsubishi motor with a disgraceful autotratic (really tragic) tranny innit

Because no one has properly overcome cold weather problems yet. My car needs to be able to sit in -30 degree weather and still drive 1-200 kms for me to be able to go to work and visit my family. No one has solved that issue effectively yet. Things like battery heaters are extremely inefficient stopgaps

Already there, but that doesn't mean I can't like ICE cars.

It's actually a charming idea to one day literally convert a rather classic car to serial hybrid (even a fuel cell car is nothing more than that technically) or full electric depending on how the technology evolves and catches on. I'm not opposed, I'm just waiting for the right moment because it hasn't arrived yet.

If you're just gonna commute with your car, which is basically the only thing electrics can do you should have just bought a bus pass instead.

Because the majority of electricity produced is not clean energy, the real contributors to global warming are the marine diesels, all the range in the world doesn't matter if there's still traffic, and they all look likr shit with the exception of the P1 but that's still a hybrid technically.

And what's the scale on the graph anyway? What's 3.0 supposed to be? Percent? Absolute numbers? Apple pies?

Also who the hell charges their EV with pure coal electricity? Is such a supply even available in the US?

Even in Quebec we would be short on power if everybody drove electric. Almost every rivers already got a dam. With the scarcity of materials for batteries we will always need a some gas/diesel cars.

Or you could simply make it so fewer people need to drive cars to begin with. The car as the pinnacle of people transport, regardless of how it's powered or how autonomously it operates, will always be a complete pipe dream and is not fit for mass transit.

I don't know about the graphic it was probably from /polo/ but 40% of USA power is still from non-renewable sources and God forbid China decides to go electric as they are increasing their coal-fired power generating stations

Yeah mass transit doesn't really work in most of North America. The cities are too massive and the population density is too low in most places. Places that can't sustain themselves shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Mass transit is shit,
Living in high density cities is shit
People are shit

batteries are heavy as fuck if you want any range

>cities are too massive
NYC is America's largest city and has one of the most comprehensive, well functioning mass transit systems in the world. In fact the more populous cities become the more urgently they need to rely on good mass transit. Whenever American cities have lacking mass transit it's because they've deliberately neglected it and chosen uncontrolled sprawl over sustainable, well planned development. Urban low density is fucking contradiction in itself and shouldn't exist.

Urban anything shouldn't exist.

Urban areas carry the lowest utility costs per resident because the higher the population density, the more people you can supply with a given length of electricity wire, internet wire, plumbing or road for that matter. The US infrastructure would be even more unsustainable than it already is if even fewer people lived in an urban setting. Technically Americans aren't living urban enough yet, especially metro areas themselves are still too spread out, any American city will take up two to four times as much space as a European city of equal population size.

Also urban agglomerations are the prerequisite to developing a society with wide, highly specialized, innovative skillsets. If no one had ever moved out of villages and towns we wouldn't have developed high technology and wouldn't have in the comforts we live in today because you can't sustain specialization with a rural target audience.

The only chance we'll get at "reruralization" is if the entire contents of our professional lives move into the digital space and doctors will be able to scan your heart function from the other side of the country or complicated engineering projects can be coordinated entirely through the internet, and even then the infrastructure will still carry great costs.

Cities deserve nukes. We were not meant to live packed in like sardines, period. Cities and population density in general cause crime, poverty, violence, degeneration and alienation.

>one of the most comprehensive, well functioning mass transit systems in the world.
What the hell are you smoking

NYC subways are slow, loud, full of niggers and vomit and run late. Meanwhile Japan they measure 'running late' in seconds

Why don't you stop projecting your preferences on the whole of society, and let other people figure out themselves what kind of living situation they want?

I've been there and I've gotten around just fine.

honestly if i lived in the right place and need a 3rd car as a simple runaround, id totally get an electric Smart Fortwo Convertible.

range is acceptable for cruising around a town or city, wont annoy anyone since they are quiet and inoffensive, you can carry two people with bags comfortably or just a bunch of groceries, convertible makes it seem even more like a go-kart and and you can finally take advantage of all those primo EV parking spots with charging ports they've been putting around big cities.

when your done just plug it in in the corner of your garage and it will be ready for the next jaunt down to the gym or Whole Foods.

>convertible
but then everyone will know the face of the faggot

i live in Seattle, it would help me blend in with the rest of them.

because they are all fuck ugly little nana boxes,
they are way to expensive,
and i cant find any and all parts for a dime a dozen like i can with pic related.

Electrics car show/meet: youtu.be/3puPhoD2sho

Absolute AIDS. Death of car culture.

They are not taking over...when the tax credit scheme ends soon, sales will nosedive...and it wasn't like the pieces of shit were flying off the sales floor desu...Tesla down 9% in value since Thursday...seems that 95% of sales have been some form of government,municipal, provincial/state or federal and that isn't near enough to support the industry...

Because I need to evacuate from hurricanes from time to time.

>i have never lived there
It fucking sucks and you’re full of shit for posting this

>horsepower or muh driving range
Those are the two most important factors though

Literally non-existent where I live. I also have a 80mile commute each day.

both ways?

My typical commute is only about 50 miles so I'd be happy with an EV as my daily, but I want one that's super cheap but also not golf-cart/motorcycle tier.

>muh horsepower
more like muh revs, electric motors are fucking beastly power to weight, especially DC motors

>inb4 the two major grievances associated with electric cars
Wew lad this is b8

I don't live in a house so I have nowhere to charge it.

Walk by, unplug car.

Hipster normie comes out 30 minutes later thinking his cuckbox has enough juice to get him home, as it's been charging all this time.

Realizes his cuck box has to sit for another 30 minutes and he has to fucking guard it so no one unplugs it again.

better watch out you might cut yourself on that edge

I don't want to get hit with 1,000 amps when I work on my car.

Also vvvvVVVVVV(lift engages)VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (shift) RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (shift) RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
BAP POP POP
SKRRRRRRRRT

(absolutely hekktik)

recently de-leased 500e or ~2014 leaf (or maybe spark EV) would be perfect for you then. Depending on where you live your utility company could provide benefits as well. And, if you pay by the demand for electricity then if you charge at night your cost of ownership will be basically zero.

This, I want to convert an old ass VW bus to electric whenever the price of decent motors gets cheap enough.

*supercharger network for a company that could fold in the next few months

Because the city where I'm currently living is built on the automobile, petrol is cheap and EV infrastructure is nonexistent, as are EVs themselves actually.

However should I move back to France, I'll most likely get one, since the taxation on petrol cars increase yearly. In that case I'll have an EV DD and old petrol cars registered as collectibles and thus exempt from some stuff imposed on newer cars.

That thing must be fun at crashes lol.

If i can't downshift and wake up the whole neighborhood, it's not something I want to drive.

fuck off

No.

I actually looked into it earlier this year, any of those in decent shape in my area start at around 9k and you get no incentives because they're second hand. That's not nearly cheap enough for a car that looks that ugly.

>No infrastructure

I'm sorry, are there no wall outlets where you live?

Enjoy your cuck box, m8

Hybrids are better. Go full electric for city and short commutes, ICE for the long trips, and both at once when you want to go fast.

a full electric conversion is between 20-30k
depending on the base car, targeted range etc.

they convert all kinds of cars
especially econoboxes with very little weight,
less capacity needed; higher range

main problem with electric cars is the charging time and the lack of a charging point for non-homeowners
you cant hang out at a public charging point for half a day and wait till your car is charged, well you can but no one is willing to do that.

>lead acid

240 volt 50hz 10 amp
ain't no one got time for that
like 4 hour charging times at best
gets so bad as 8 depending on how shit your ev is

Buy an electric car and a motorcycle to tinker with. Motorcycles also give you the benefit of being fun enough to enjoy your life temporarily while also being a moment away from death at all times. Win-win.

because hybrids are undisputably better on milage and reliability.

ya nickel metal hydride is the optimum choice
lead acid can have good deep discharge property and high amperage output tho

try 12. on model 3...

>Electric cars are taking over. Why hasn’t user converted??? In b4 muh horsepower or muh driving range

EV's aren't fun at all. There is no noise, there is no smell of fuel, 99% of EV's don't have a gearbox to master.

EV's are just pathetic. Ever seen EV competition event?

If the question is why don't you use EV to commute the answer is extremely simple. The are overrated, overpriced and infrastructure sucks. I'd rather drive small kei-car or a ride a bike.

even the slowest new ev is faster than my shitbox

I bet EV's aren't only faster but also waaay waay higher than your car. So what?

anyways, speaking about fun:

compare

youtube.com/watch?v=xDO9blfpCS4

vs

Pick one:

youtube.com/watch?v=3UnI8KEI36E

oops, wrong link, was going to put this one:

youtube.com/watch?v=y0PMM9GBEBM

>waaay waay higher than your car
YOU WOT M8
Tbh the tesla video is better because she is qt
but the supra has a nice warm feel to it

dam but at least it has some range
the oven runs 400 volt at 30 amp
and if I go down the road there is 500 volt 50 amp that is for powering lathes and tig wielders
mig welder only needs about 23 hp or 17 kw to run

>>waaay waay higher than your car

damn looks like I accidentally the whole thing!

I was referring to price, they not only faster but also cost way way higher.