A Memorial thread

I just found out a girl I went to secondary school with died after being in an accident on the London Orbital Motorway on Friday. My brother is friends with her brother, which is how I ended up finding out.

She was driving a little hatchback, and was involved in a collision with an articulated lorry. She was 21.

Too soon.

Has anyone else lost someone they know due to a car accident?

Other urls found in this thread:

kentlive.news/news/kent-news/live-updates-crash-causes-major-721473
mercurynews.com/2017/11/01/three-young-men-killed-in-crash-on-skyline-boulevard-in-san-mateo-county/
twincities.com/2013/08/02/new-hope-man-dead-in-eden-prairie-corvette-crash/
youtu.be/X-Vcx3zRE-0
pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=583252&i=0
laweekly.com/news/basil-max-price-iii-killed-in-ferrari-crash-on-pch-car-split-in-half-2390817
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's a lorry?

She wasn't the one at the Dartford Crossing right?

Instead of taking 3 seconds to Google it yourself, I'll just tell you it's a semi truck.
Several of my dad's friends have been severely fucked or killed by poor decisions on snowmobiles and motorcycles. I make it a point to preach ATGATT and riding only as fast as the conditions and your skill allow, always.

Semi-truck, big rig, whatever you want to call it. I'm British so it's lorry here.

Yes, southbound/clockwise. The bridge side if I remembered correctly

Not a biker so I had to look up what attgatt meant, so it's like not being a squid? Not be underdressed and that.

>London Orbital Motorway

it's the m25 m8

Sorry to hear that anyway, at the time you just think 'sod off it's just a delay' but I only had to live with it for a few hours, someone's lost their daughter for life now ;_;

some sickos in a van filmed it and sent it in to kentlive, why do that?

Yeah but seeing as Brits are a minority here I didn't want to call it the M25. Horribly overused road.

You're kidding about the filming? How crass.

was she hot

I've watched my share of top gear and I've never seen them call a semi a lorry.
They call box trucks lorrys.

an artic

just say 'highway' if you want everyone to understand, i reckon even the colonials will get that

kentlive.news/news/kent-news/live-updates-crash-causes-major-721473

she's pretty cold now i imagine, happened 3 days ago now

Would you have stuck it in her pooper 3 days ago?
Would you stick it in now?

Look how fucking little those are, and that's comparing hamster to it.
70's vans are bigger than that.

>lorry
retarded britbong detected.
learn how to speak american dumbass

Is this show supposed to be funny? God british humor is terrible.

Senpai you'd be speaking in smoke signals if it wasn't for the Brits.

Besides that's not the point of the thread is it?

3 kids i knew from my high school died from snap oversteer on a mountain road. mercurynews.com/2017/11/01/three-young-men-killed-in-crash-on-skyline-boulevard-in-san-mateo-county/ . crazy thing is that my friend wrecked my car when I was drunk on the same road and if we were going any faster we would have broken through the barrier, but we were going slow enough to just fuck up the fender rail and walk out without airbags deploying. I was terrified hearing the story and not going on that road for a fucking while.

No.
And no.

She probably whored herself out in the time since you first knew her and was a shite driver.

Rest in tatters

Yikes that's awful.

Women drivers no survivors

I forgot how charming Veeky Forums is. Never change.

I know 5 people who've died in car accidents now.
2 (same time) doing 100mph on a country road and totalling into a dry some wall (morons but RIP)
3 drunk driving, 2 in a same crash. One in another (again morons)
I'm 22

"Oh it's a quick ride to [somewhere close] I don't need my boots." It creeps up on everyone.

5 dead at 22? Too many man. Are you in the US out of curiosity?

>twincities.com/2013/08/02/new-hope-man-dead-in-eden-prairie-corvette-crash/

Went to high school with the victim of this crash. His name was Kyle Boline.
We were pretty good friends back then, had a bunch of classes together, we'd always slack off and shoot the shit during free time. He was an easy going guy with a sense of humor. Really down to earth. His closest circle of friends was the group of stoners in our graduating class but pretty much all of them were decent people, Kyle especially was just impossible to hate. He'd crack a joke with anyone.
He knew exactly what he wanted to do with his life. He wanted to be a Marine. I remember freshman year we talked about it. He was dead set on it. He actually did it too, got into the Corps. When he enlisted he got some award for recruiting more people in our area than anyone else and performing well in the mini bootcamp they send you to before you're off for good. He was living life the way he wanted to and by all accounts doing well at it.

Kyle made it through a deployment in one piece. He came home on leave, got into a car with a driver that had been drinking, the driver crashed, and Kyle died. It still doesn't sit well with me. So many people in our graduating class were complete scumbags that are still alive. Kyle was a good soul, and he died far too young.

It was a fucking Corvette too.

>M25 - the biggest car park of UK

Lost a girl i was going with to hs, when she was barely 20 along with her father and his brother, head on crash. They were going to get a new car on that day.

You're not wrong mate.

Good god what a twist of fate, getting a new car the day they died.

Lost a girl I went to school with during middle school. Her and her sister were on their way home on the highway when a cop car was going 90+mph and flew into the oncoming lane. Both girls died while cop survived.

The biggest loss was the hatchback

OP where are you? Cross dartford all the time

I read that the (unofficial) lap record is something like 46 minutes. Absolute madman

Sorry to hear that OP

One of my friends died last month from a car pulling out in front of him on his bike. Rip Ryan.

Assuming he did the whole 188.3 kilometres in 46 mins thats an average speed of 152mph or 245kmh

Nice

Apparently there was a UK version of the Mid Night club in the 80s which met up to do fast laps of the M25 and they had stickers of the band Orbital on their cars, like in my last post

Also noteworthy is Nagata-san who flew his modified Supra over from Japan to attempt to break 200mph on the A1(M)
youtu.be/X-Vcx3zRE-0

My fiance died in a car crash when her parents were picking her up from work.
I offered them to take my 750 BMW as the brakes in their Peugeot were fucked, they declined the offer.
Next thing I hear, they had jumped in front of a truck at an intersection, all occupants in the Peugeot died.

Nr Southend

No mate, shitty northern town in the UK

Are you Russian?

And that's why you don't get into a car with a drunk driver folks. RIP your friend.

It honestly infuriates me that in these types of accident the perpetrator doesn't die. I don't care if that makes me sound like an arsehole but eye for eye tooth for tooth as far as I'm concerned.

Christ if they accepted your offer your life would be so much different than today. I'm sorry to hear it man.

Bikers are almost always going to lose against other vehicles, it's a shame I see so many of them being stupid. Yet it's just as easy on a bike to be killed while doing nothing wrong.

Not gonna lie that sounds amazing, but there's definitely bits of the A1 I wouldn't ever want to go even 75mph on, let alone almost triple that. Absolute madman I love it

Holy crap that's even more insane. I mean with the US driving ages being so low I assumed it took that extra time for everyone to get in those situations.

My condolences brother. Driving without proper brakes is crazy.

sounds like you knew a lot of shitheads in high school

I know that feel, only its pregnancies and drug addictions rather than car accidents for my former peers

Been driving for 10 years now, 0 accidents. I almost pulled out in front of a bicyclist last week though. Sometimes you're so focused on everything else that you almost subconsciously register the guy on a bike as a pedestrian.

I know a guy I went to high school that died on Christmas morning. He graduated a few years before me so I didn't know him that well. Apparently he was out drinking the night before, when morning came and he was heading home he was speeding, went over a hill so fast all 4 tires left the ground and the car flipped, landed on the roof.

>Lorry

Learn to speak English first bongcuck

That's fucking badass

Wanna start a new one?

What do you drive

>Wanna start a new one?
As much as I'd like to try something mental like that I'll need a faster shitbox first

Kek me too. What would your weapon of choice be in an ideal world? E 63 AMG for me.

A white Clio, you?

>Learn to speak English
>Am English

Try harder colonial pleb

>Am English
Not for long you won't be, Mohammed.

fuck it lads lets do it, we can set our own times

I drive a fuckin 08 fiesta who gives a fuck
would love to do it in the e63 amg, seems so solid for something like that. would also enjoy it in a gtr, most comfortable sports car I've driven...

if this is terrible american humour is leagues worse
>"d-d-drumpff ahahahaha amiright"

the thing is, even though brits drive later and have a much more thorough (and annoying) learner driver process, our roads are far more challenging. Normal american roads are the size of our highways, and our "normal" roads are really narrow. Far more technically demanding to drive on - for better or worse.

Usually means that the commute home is full of lovely twisty roads, but you have to be a nutter to drive really fast on them.

>kentlive.news/news/kent-news/live-updates-crash-causes-major-721473
saw the video of the car on the link, she got fucked up pretty bad I'm gonna guess.

RIP user's friend

Friend of mine died in an accident on the highway about a year ago. Had a brand new infiniti, driving with his brother, drunk bitch was going the wrong way on the highway and crashed into them. Don't know how they couldn't have seen the car coming; his brother lived through the crash and saw everything though. My friend died on impact. Hours earlier, maybe a day before, he was posting on facebook about how life is changing and he can't believe he's made it this far, and he can't wait to see what the future holds for us all. Pretty depressing.

I did it in 4 hours once, traffic was bad.

It's been years now and I've still to get over it, probably never will as I am a whiny bitch.

During my 4 years at highschool there was 2 separate car crashes that fucked up a bunch of people. Nothing as bad has happened before or since.
>5 highschoolers in some kids parent bought shitbox thats too much for him to handle
>around 2am hooning around after a party
>2 of which went to my school
>1 of which I knew decently cause she always ended up in a couple of my classes throughout the years, just recently got to know her better since we're in a group project together
>cute mexican girl, slutty normie but a really good person
>they hit a tree going too fast
>all die
>her best friend that wasn't with her that night is absolutely devastated for the next week, completely out of it and constantly storming out of classrooms because she's sobbing uncontrollably
>dont see her at all after that month, guess she just left

>most fucked up thing is there wasn't a single memorial page or anything mentioning them in the yearbooks
Even though it's been years it's still in my mind because outside of a couple people they're probably completely forgotten.
No memorial, no mention, no nothing.
Just gone.

RIP

I know 1 person died in my high school, i barely knew him, he was being a fucking idiot going allegedly 100+ MPH on a literbike, drunk, and he hit a work van so hard that he died instantly and tipped over the van. Thankfully he was the only one really hurt by it

There was another dude who i knew more that died like 2 years after high school, but this time it wasnt his fault, he was riding his motorcycle and he got t boned and killed, i feel bad for his wife and kid.

The most recent one was one of my close friends, he was driving down a 2 lane road, when someone was passing, and he hit them head on. he died instantly and the driver at fault received severe injury. but he wasn't doing anything wrong. This happened in September of this year and i still think about it daily, he really didnt deserve it, he was so much smarter than anyone i knew he was only 19 when he died

Druggy I graduated with crashed his car Christmas eve 6 months after we graduated. He was driving high on xanax and was going to sell some to a girl in drug treatment. Both he and his passenger died on impact, the only thing I thought was "Merry fucking Christmas." There were posts about him but now he's long forgotten, that's life I guess.

damn lad
i lost my classmate in bike accident 4 years ago, he made 6 hours after crash, but damage was impossible to recover. wear your helmet brahs
he was 16 by that time

i still go around his grave and have a fucking look at his stone if i have to drive near graveyard
damn brehs

I know it's penisheads but there seems to be a fair bit of conjecture on doing that here

pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=583252&i=0

>hit a work van so hard that he died instantly and tipped over the van
jeez

Sorry for your loss,bud.
It gets worse later on,you don't lose people to car wrecks or overdoses,but cancer(you get to watch that one) and heart failure or anurisms (thats how you get to meet there children after having not talked to your school mate for several years)
Well...have fun growing up!

hmm three people in a two year age range.

in 1985 my uncle was crippled riding shotgun in a hatchback which hit a tree.

the burning hot engine intruded into the passenger footwell on top of his legs crushing them while also burning them. he doesn't like talking about it but according to his friends the first thing they remember after regaining consciousness was my uncle's screams and one of the firemen later told my mum that he was still screaming "like a stuck pig" when they put him in the ambulance(after the lengthy process of freeing him from the car)

they saved his legs thanks to a lot of titanium plate and skin grafts over almost his entire legs so he can still slowly hobble about on painkillers but it is at the point where even another broken leg could lead to amputation

Knew this guy, was friends in elementary and middle. Hung out a few times after. Another friend worked at the coroners who supposedly saw him. Was not good
laweekly.com/news/basil-max-price-iii-killed-in-ferrari-crash-on-pch-car-split-in-half-2390817

This is true. Gotta be somewhat rigorous with the road layouts we have.

Gotta love a nice twist of fate haven't you? RIP your friend nonetheless

I'm amazed there's no type of footnote or memorial to them, even if they were unpopular. Just leaving them to simply vanish wouldn't fly with me. Certainly not where I live and went to school

That's insane. Wow. Lucky for him he's still alive I guess?

Yikes. That's awful.

Bare in mind that that's including stopping for the Dartford toll booth

>did you mean reddit?

that's how it goes. i just graduated this year. we had over 5 suicides. They were all from the same group of depressed stoners so the school pulled the "if we have a memorial it'll glorify suicide" card to excuse not having one. The only one who got a memorial was the football player Nathan. All of them were good people.

>The only one who got a memorial was the football player Nathan
That's fucked

Guy I was sort of friends but not really close with in high school (you know the type you shoot the shit and fuck around with in class but it's never really beyond that) died three years ago, he was just bearly out of HS (I'd been out only a year my self) passed out in the drivers seat going to work, some heart issue or something or another and slammed into the semi. Apparently he died before he even slammed into the semi.

He was a cool dude.

>>/pol/

>woman
>driving
W E W