[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Italian smoke machine edition.

(insert witty 'ducati reliability' joke)

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group

/dbt/ map: Meet, fuck, compare chicken tendies:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
a2bikes.co.uk

Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

motorcyclenews.com/news/2016/august/husqvarna-range-hots-up/
sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/d/custom-harley-road-guild-for/6365334639.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-Q4wnzMmLJM&feature=youtu.be&t=14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for suzuki a good

Yamaha

nth for finally getting a pinlock insert and being able to see stuff

Suzuki a shit

The windshield on F-model feels like a joke. The riding position is too upright and the seat isn't far back enough to duck comfortably. I haven't ridden naked bikes before, so I don't how much worse they are on highways. Before the Kawasaki I rode Sachs XTC which was externally a bigger bike and had a very aggressive riding position, but no wind issues at all. The max speed was only 130kmh according to the speedometer though.

Maintenance is a hassle because the fairings have a hundred screws and bolts hidden into all sorts of places.

An attempt was made

Does anyone know if IXS gear is any good?

I have gloves, they're pretty comfy once you get used to them. and are holding up alright

I need a new helmet cam. Old one isn't cutting it anymore.

Besides a gopro, what do you guys recommend? Preferably under 200 otherwise i'll just get a gopro.

I'm just not a fan of the modern monster styling. I think its the headlight and the lines on the gas tank

The chink gopro copies?

a used gopro?

I just bought the navigator trousers, the guy in the shop said IXS is amazing stuff and he swears by it, hope he wasn't being a lying jew.

is it normal for the boxer engine to rattle like crazy when I start moving forwards from a stop?

>A jew who makes his living off your hard earned money overexaggerated his own wares in the hopes of selling you something
>hope he wasn't being a lying jew.
That is what retailers do. Ask the mechanics. They don't get a comission for gear sales and often don't have the same attitude as retailers.

IXS is probably not terrible, but I can't say if they're good.

>first day of fog

Nothing feels better than zipping up some leather gear (no homo)

It's hit or miss at times, if the reviews are to believed. Some things are genuinely crap, others are very decent. They are across the board let down a bit by styling though.

That being said I have a two piece of IXS. The price was right and their tall sizes are actually tall. Not tall enough though but that's another issue.

You could get a very good deal on them if you know what you're after because it's a clearing rack staple. And that's not necessarily due to quality.

Finally took the cbr954 I got last night out fro a ride.
Holy fuck did I miss this bike.
It need a bunch of tender lovin', but it's gon get it.
Took a back road people use to speed, learned some things. Speedo zeros out if I accelerate too quickly, and the tranny is most definitely on it's last legs.
Relearning how to lean with it, but hopefully won't take too long.
Did you do anything fun today /dbt/

Don't fall for this shtik pisher.

To the guy who said there's a charity shop that stocks bike gear in Great Yarmouth, did you ask your mate what it was called?

Oh yeah sorry. It was called Scope, next to the Costa.

>dipshit beat cop gives me a $150 ticket for going 25 in a 20 in the next county over
>have to ride to the courthouse 35 miles north of me in the other county to pay it off
>apparently paying in person disqualifies me from taking traffic school to strike points from my record
>get nailed by two pay-by-plate cameras on unmarked toll roads while driving to said courthouse
if you're ever in florida avoid Manatee County like the fucking plague

Stay puft Bibendum

>americans have to PAY to drive on a road

When i went to Italy it seemed like every road was a damn toll road

europe is 3rd world too

Currently in the process of fixing this 1971 Honda CJ360T. Sourcing for parts is a complete bitch.

user posted this several threads ago and I saved for reference because it seemed pretty good and in my price range. Think it's an sjcam m20?

>someone finally uploaded a clymer manual for the nighthawk cb250
I can finally restore my baby, guys

where my liter bike niggas at?

Fuck meant 1976*****

Why do people make 600 race bikes when you could just ride a 1300 race bike? Is it for pussies?

Like, if you're riding a 600 supersport and some guy pulls next to you in his panigale, is he secretly laughing at your gimped engine?

>DUC V4
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kek, thanks for using my screenshotted image. Stay Put Michelin Man. See you for some fine dining later.

I believe they're made for people who want to ride 600cc bikes. Seems to be the main market for them.

>people who want to ride 600cc bikes
Why bother? Just make a 1300 with an electronic suite to adjust the available power.

But then it wouldn't be 600cc, it'd be 1300

*blocks ur path*

Everything's chrome in the future.

I didn't know husqy made shit like that.

looks comfortable

New concepts, probably next year sometime.

motorcyclenews.com/news/2016/august/husqvarna-range-hots-up/

picked up my bae today will senpai finally notice me?

>tfw winter and won’t be able to ride for 5 months

I fucking hate the american southeast in the summer, but god damn do I love a year long riding season. Sorry bro

>bandit 600 is 80bhp
>1200 is 91 bhp

why? Should it not b

congratulations dude, hope you enjoy it

should it not be 160bhp is what I meant to type.

If you ride in the winter, senpai will notice you.

How come bikes generally achieve the same or higher top speeds than cars with so little power in comparison and terrible aerodynamics?

What is weight.

they're extremely light compared to cars, so they don't need nearly as much power to make them go fast

Higher power to weight ratio

the car industry is lightyears ahead of the bike industry in terms of R&D I'm afraid.

How does weight affect top speed though assuming there's power to go around? I know several heavy vehicles (Not just cars) that reach amazing top speeds because of aerodynamics

What is gravity and friction.

aerodynamic drag increases as a square, so it becomes the determining factor for top speed in vehicles with high power to weight ratios

much smaller area

that air filter looking thing under the seat... does that connect to a turbo? like a kid's first Silvia mod?

>tfw trying to tune my XR100R carb.
Its hell

Weight doesn't affect top speed. It's all aerodynamics vs power output. A bike doesn't take much power to run at high speeds due to the simple fact that they are small.
Small machine=less air to push out of the way=more speed for less power.

>tfw no luge motorcycle with minimum drag cross section for a manned vehicle

If you fart, will you die?

For me it's the frame--I like the old ones like in your picture with parallel outer tubes and bracing between them, if that makes any sense

Trellis frame?

Not a big deal. Motorcycle aerodynamics are terrible due to the nature of the vehicle. That's why "dustbin" road race fairings were banned long ago. They work in straight line rides but are deadly in crosswinds.

>5/10 bait
Which will happen faster
160kw to move 280 kg or
500kw to move 1800 kg

coming up next: The sun and why it turns off at night.

So how do harley davidsons work? is there some magical technique I'm missing that people use to actually turn on these pieces of shit? Or are they just meant to be bought and sit in the garage?
sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/d/custom-harley-road-guild-for/6365334639.html

Meme, its a meme. There is no magic there is no hidden super secret engine making technique. Its a 30 year old meme at this point

Weight has minimal affect on top speed. Top speed is a game of the force of your tires pushing you forward against the ground vs the air pushing back on you as you cut through it. Weight really only factors in as a tiny bit of increased internal friction.

Mass has an affect on acceleration though.

im so gay

You coulda just said you ride a sport bike or harley.

I misread the question because I am a retard. I am sorry.

>t. vespa rider

>implying

youtube.com/watch?v=-Q4wnzMmLJM&feature=youtu.be&t=14

>blocks your path

this hurt to watch

>that face
lel

>up to 80 km/hr
thats like how fast people go in the middle of downtown here. thats first day shit

$540 knee pads
$90 helmet

because knees are more susceptible to injury

the tech on that bike is cool but why the fuck would anyone want one

wait
i thought this was a joke

I want one with a timbersled kit

that dog is not stoked

Somebody should tell him that petrol isn't vegan friendly since it's made from dead animals.

Also
>watching his videos at all
>giving him attention

he has an electric bike

thoughts on rebel 300 as first bike ever? saving for a couple of months on one

Get the 500. The 300 isnt worth it.

get a KTM duke 390.
Rebel is alright i guess, you will outgrow it within 3 months.

2016 Ninja ZX-6R 636cc
96.4 kW {131 PS} / 13,500 rpm
71 N.m {7.2 kgf.m} / 11,500 rpm
360lb dry

Ducati Monster 797 803cc
54 kW (73 hp) @ 8.250 rpm
67 Nm (49 lb-ft) @ 5,750 rpm
386lb dry

How can Italians even compete? The only advantage it has is the naked style since the Ninja is a generic sport bike.

Then he might kill himself when he finds out the electricity used in his home comes from burning fossil fuels. I can't stand that guy.

>300
'no'

Looks gorgeous tbqh. Cruisers look better with V-twin, though.

Hey /dbt/, I have my first day of the course tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous. Any quick "Things I wish they taught me" tidbits to share?

you can always lean a little more

This The 500 gives you more room to grow while, but is still very manageable for a beginner

Stand with your left leg and keep your right foot for the rear brake.
Put the bike in 1st gear when stopping at lights/junctions and keep the back break on for visibility.
Lifesaver checks before pulling away.
Squeeze the tank with your legs for better stability instead of of letting them flap around.
Don't ride like a moron.