Why is it that more people that lack a brain buy Fords and Chevrolets over reliable vehicles like Toyota's pickups?

Why is it that more people that lack a brain buy Fords and Chevrolets over reliable vehicles like Toyota's pickups?

Also note that the frame rust issue has been long resolved, so if you use that as an argument, you are by definition a dumbass.

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/retire-us-dana/dana-pays-25-million-to-toyota-to-settle-tacoma-claim-idUSTRE70B7KZ20110112?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a49:g43:r1:c0.143885:b40936970:z0
youtube.com/watch?v=E_nihtzZekY
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump for assmad

LMAO CHEESE FRAME melts once you bring the heat

TOYOKEKS CANT COMPETE
GO EAT A DICK MR DICKALS
t. love Veeky Forums

Towing capacity.....

Nobody reply to this terrible thread. If you genuinely enjoy this trash shit go to a designated shitting board.

1) MUH MURICAN BUILD TUFF/ CHEBBY (despite the fact Toyota pickups are made in the US)
2) OEM Toyota parts are very pricey
3) Used amerilard trucks are far cheaper than used Toyotas

Also, reminder that the reason the "TOYOTA = FRAME RUST" meme exist is because Toyota actually took care of the problem via the recall, while the Big 3s don't give a flying fuck about any of the issues regarding rust in their vehicles. Toyota frames DO rust, but so does every other truck in the snow belt, and some (Dodge) rust a lot worse than the Toyotas of the same year

>Toyota literally giving 15 year warranties on their trucks
>"HURRR DURRR AT LEAST MUH FERD RUSTS WITH AMERICAN PRIDE AND I AIN'T TAKING NO HANDOUTS FROM DEM JAPS"

does toyota pay you by the hour or by the post?

t. Bubba

Stop responding.

White trash rednecks usually gravitate more to their F-150s and Silverados because muh americuh

>Nobody reply to this terrible thread.
>replies anyway

absolute state of user's retardation

No one knows about the frame for the 3rd gen yet. It's just like my coworker saying his one year old Mazda is better than his previous one because it is rust free.

Everyone knows about the shitty engine, transmission, and rear diff though.

look at all these domesticucks sperg all because I asked a curious question about why people buy x over y. goes to show amerilards are too sensitive to admit that their """american""" trucks are shit.

Thanks for the rather civil answers.

btw it wasn't like Toyota just went "HURR LETS USE THE CHEAPEST AND SHITTIEST FRAME WE CAN", they got bamboozled by their supplier

reuters.com/article/retire-us-dana/dana-pays-25-million-to-toyota-to-settle-tacoma-claim-idUSTRE70B7KZ20110112?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a49:g43:r1:c0.143885:b40936970:z0

Maintained properly (washed regularly during winter and rustproofing every other year) the frames will last. I have a 01 Tundra living in northern Ontario and I only got surface rust while my friends' murican truccs frames are turning into spaghetti

Ohhhh Boy.

Tacomas are small inside, and feel like cheaply built base model work trucks like the XL f-150 and WT Silverado

Toyotas have a good reputation, but they have always sorta been pleb tier. Serious outdoorsy guys love them because they are rugged and reliable, but it's nice to have something Composed, and Refined like a Lariat or LTZ upscale version of a base work truck.

I've seen plenty of broken Toyotas on the trails. They are truly worse than Jeep fags.

>muh Toyota

I've seen plenty of broken fords on paved roads. They are truly worse than Ladas.

The perfect truck for 99% of you faggots, including you

GM's ultimate adventure-mobiel coming through

Except I need a larger bed than 5'2", and some guys aren't dweebs that would settle with a plebian Ridgeline.

You might not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

Tried and true Chevy/Ford reliability > Toyota meme reliability and toyota tax

>Tried and true Chevy/Ford reliability

LLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHKKKKKKKKKK AAAAAAAA RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Why, it would match your height perfectly. That would just make it totes adorbs.

How much do they charge for that meme-tier piece of shit?

sup wiscofag. Where was this taken!?

but I'm 6'2" and me and wife and dog like to camp out without the bullshit tents

Still rolling after 22 years and 510,000+ miles Hirohito, so I reckon it is like a rock

Those tests are shit and unscientific

It rolled because it had the best offroad ability. Toyota later fixed the issue, but the offroad ability was diminished.

Then why does every other truck pass? Including Dodge trucks?

>tried and true
>hasn't even been to the North Pole once

ok kid

*sparkplugs seize into cylinder heads*

is it customary for Americans to provide their width on internet forums?

Because the driver can take a different line to get different results. The isuzu trooper comes to mind YouTube · rubicon4wheeler

15:22
Isuzu versus Consumer Reports
Dec 28, 2011

Watch this and report back user

>Consumer Reports

Consumer Reports is fucking trash, anyone who doesn't realize they're a paid advert service like JD Power is a brainlet. I don't put any stock in what they say, even if it aligns with my bias.

>The Tacoma is as rough and tumble as it has always been, complete with impressive off-road prowess.
>But there is no escaping that this a primitive truck.
That usually translates to better reliability. New garbage that wows car reviewers is why the S class drops in value from $170k to $6k in a decade. Is the Tacoma actually unreliable now, or is it just a primitive truck, which is honestly what I'd want. All that snippet implies is that it doesn't have all the dumb yuppie shit new luxury trucks have. What first year reliability issues is it having?

Ok. but Toyota isn't defending itself

>Is the Tacoma actually unreliable now, or is it just a primitive truck, which is honestly what I'd want.

if you want a primitive new truck get a nissan frontier

the Frontier is inferior to the Tacoma in every single aspect

>buying a nu truck
I've driven a 1998 ram, 99 Sierra, and 92 Chevy. 90s trucks master race.

>ecoboostfag
>having relevant opinions ever

old toyota trucks were cute. But they sucked at literally e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g

*blocks your path* im not a fan of new utes and trucks, jap or yank, but can we all agree that 90's jap was THE TITS as far as utes, trucks and off roaders go,
the GQ patrol/safari, the 80 series landcruiser, the hilux and l200 utes. all bulletproof rugged as all hell machines.
pic related, 90's nissan patrol.

>muh handling and comfort!
These faggots will never be happy till every last BoF truck becomes afucking minivan. What did they have to say about the cuckline?

>slight bed rust, 6,500$ firm, they don't make em like they used two NO LOW BALLERS

>haha turbochargers suck
>because Ford!

Yeah too bad it can't make it there without a transfer case rebuild and welding.

youtube.com/watch?v=E_nihtzZekY

>But they sucked at literally e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g
explain yourself

even 4x4 and all terrains they can't climb cause no weight/ no traction in the REAL gnar shit.

No space inside, it's like a 2 seater roadster
Tiny truck bed, can't fit a modern AC condenser in them, barely 1/2 a washer or 1/2 a dryer.
Cant tow much without becoming dangerous to stop in the event of a sudden manuever to turn or slow/ stop

When jacked up and with Jeep axles put on, do they become badass machines though. I never had to time or money to do so.

also, this truck got stuck on all kinds of weak shit.

I see
Can't speak for the Tacoma/T100 but I have a first gen Tundra and it's the perfect size for me. Plenty of space if you got the ext cab, roomy (I'm 6'3), able to tow a decent sized trailer full of tools without much trouble by. Only downside is the horrible gas mileage

ALso, no power steering really made them suck, the 22r and 22re were bulletproof but they are so slow, you might as well stay in the bike lane, and not much better on gas than trucks with 6 liter engines

forgot to add, I don't go rock crawling or off roading but I've never been stuck here in Northern Ontario during the worst winters. 4x4 + cheap AT tires

hell yeah I was wanting a tacoma to put tundra fenders on like pic related, but I do feel that the 1st gen Tundra is the perfect size truck.

People still fall for the toyota meme?

I miss mini trucks but I would never buy one, and I guarantee not many would in today's world.

I miss when diesel was like $1.75

Part availability.

Anyone with a Silverado or F-150 can walk into any scrap yard or partstore and they will have parts in stock.

>I guarantee not many would in today's world.
ask me how i know you aren't mexican

Yes. I don't know if I could spend $50k on a 260hp Tacoma like most people do. The resale is nice but that gets you so much more truck if you go domestic.

lmao this x100

I have a Tacoma and it is a fucking cunt trying to get parts in the junkyards. spics strip them clean before the weekend comes and I can go to the yard without missing work. But there's always plenty of Ford/Chevy/Dodge to work with. Last time I was there I saw an F250 Super Duty with a complete front Dana 60 from locking hub to locking hub. Would have bought that shit myself if I had someone to help me.

thats a 2wd. a 4wd is fine. I have a Tacoma with open diffs and 33's and it gets around fine. my offroad newfag boss bought a 4dr JK with 37s, lockers, king coilovers etc. and was disappointed that I made it through everything he crossed. (hes just a newfag, but still it was great)

50k is bit too much but average 4x4 Trd off road cost close to 40k. Why the fuck would you buy slow low mpg truck when you can have American full size truck ?
I had few Tacoma’s when i was in construction, honestly I hate the seating of Tacomas. My back would hurt at the end of the day. Just picked up fully load f150 and I love it. I don’t see myself buying any Toyota truck in future.