Is there a difference between the cheap headlight bulbs and the more expensive ones from the same brand?

Is there a difference between the cheap headlight bulbs and the more expensive ones from the same brand?

Other urls found in this thread:

headlightrevolution.com/headlights/headlight-bulb-upgrades/led-headlight-bulbs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Brightness

Price

the packaging looks different between the both

They look whiter aka brighter. The cheapos are yellow like slopes

The cheap ones cost less

I've tried a few different bulbs over the years. Higher cost bulbs are ususally better and gives off better light than economy-ones. Good examples are Philips Xtremevision 100/130%, and Osram Nightbreakers

The life expectancy on them are shorter however

How significant is the life expectancy? Is it worth the extra money?

probably not, brighter lights tend to burn out quicker and cost more. I just picked up a set of LED headlights that were the same price as the Silverstars.

Bright as fuck but the aiming is a bitch and i'm still trying to perfect it

headlightrevolution.com/headlights/headlight-bulb-upgrades/led-headlight-bulbs/

BRO JUST DO A HID SWAP BRO

>BRO JUST DO A HID SWAP BRO
Only if you go 10-12k Bro!

Personally, I'd prefer LED bulbs in a standard reflective housing. Blind everybody on the fucking road BRAH!

i see people with these and shake my fucking head

i have 4300k's in reflective housings and i dont blink the shit out of people, never been flashed or pulled over for them and even passed state inspection with them.

how people get away with 12000k is just crazy

>those fucking lights

Christ almighty do these faggots have no sense of self-awareness? It's like they're completely oblivious to how shit their car/truck looks with these fuckin things.

they only care about "it looks cool" when it really doesn't. unless its a "show car"

Nothing, the silverstars and some of the other gimmicky sylvania products are actually less bright than their standard bulbs, because instead of using clear glass it's tinted.

jesus i dont know why i even laughed at this

12000k is less bright than 4300k. 4300k is the most bright light. 12000k is much less bright. It's only the color that people prefer in 12k over 4.3k.

There is a difference. The brightness will be better. However, you're never going to get white light with those bulbs because they're nowhere near powered enough to do so. They're just going to be less yellow, but they'll yellow out fast over time and they'll only last 1-2 years. If you get a good deal on them it's okay ($15 - $25 / set) but if you're paying the normal $40 or $60 price it's not worth it, and your money is better spent ($100 - $150) getting an HID kit for your car. This is only good advice if you have projectors, but if you're working with reflectors, these brighter halogens are your best and only option basically unless you go to a retrofit.

yeah i know all about the kelvin ratings.
and the visible spectrum of light

and why deep sea divers use the higher kelvin when diving.

Federal DOT limits brightness and beam angle.

Depending on the bulb, you'll just get some blue tint that makes you a nignog and makes your bulbs burn out faster.

I have 6000k bulbs in my car, I think anything beyond that temperature is faggy

If you really want to piss off other drivers and have brights flashed at you all the time, buy the most expensive ones.

Expensive ones are brighter, more blinding to other drivers, last maybe 1-6 months depending on whether you want the super bright ones or the kinda bright ones.

There shouldn't be a difference in headlight alignment between LED bulbs and Halogen.

The brighter they shine the faster they burn out. Just get cheap ones. Replace them in pairs.

The average life expectancy of a halogen bulb is 500-550 hours. If I remember correctly the Philips Xtremevision is at 450 hours, and Osram Night Breakers at 250

I prefer good light over low cost/life expectancy, but I live in a place with very little daylight for half the year

one of my JDM cars was rewired for the headlights to be on constantly as DRL and i always bought the $70 Sylvania ultra white bulbs from Canadian Tire. went through bulbs 1-2 times a year, tried the cheap $10 Walmart ones and they last just as fucking long. not worth it

i have so many vehicles that run H4 bulbs i just order them in a bulk case of like 10 on Ebay from China for $20 and they last as long as Sylvania usually

I always bought the cheapest Sylvania sealed beams for my AE86 to stay period accurate. If low light output was good enough for the 80s, it's good enough for me. Having very limited light improved my night vision on the touge for blind attacks.

>E60

It looks gay regardless.

>not turning off headlamps for blind attack

That's the point of dim, yellow lights. Your eyes will take less adjusting to no light after you flip the headlights down.

Because water/sodium/sealife have a very static absorption spectrum.
So you want lights that don't get absorbed too much.
Or something something attracts less sea life.

There's a fucking huge difference between aiming LED and halogen