/assg/ - Asymmetrical Slasher Series General

Get cucked for life killers edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Beta coming this August, Class based with weaker killers.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1354868867711911000/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
www.mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/

>Latest Patch Notes (F13)
steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/2333276539598578047/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p20c3hrbZAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GsvvUKgq0ZY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

C-cute!

Stop stuttering you worthless faggot.

I c-can't.

So people just leave when they don't get Jason? and there's no penalty? Also my fps is awful. I want to like this game...

>tfw manage outplay Jason for ten minutes on multiple occasions

I always give my car seat away if there's no room left. So far I managed to wait out the clock as Buggzy, Adam, Lachappa, and Tommy. My biggest accomplishment so far is surviving a Savini Jason who grabbed me the moment the timer reached zero. It's just so fun to play risky sometimes.

TFW Cucked by Jason once again. ;_;

>So people just leave when they don't get Jason?
Its almost like that's the only way to have fun in that garbage heap of a game.

I'm thinking of getting either F13 or DbD, can one of you give me a pros and cons of each game?

Get DBD since it won't be dead in a month.

Get F13th cause you need to play it now before it's dead if you ever want to play it.

if you get dbd be prepared for lots of bugs/glitches but it isnt nearly as bad as the early access game f13. you can also escape killer in dbd when hes found you not like f13 where the only time you escape from competent tryhard jasons is when they just decide to leave you alone to teleport to an objective with people at it.

Both are full of dipshit players that will use every scummy tactic they can to win.

DBD is more arcadey and the sides are more balanced. It doesn't have voice chat, but high-level survivors will use a third-party program to give themselves an advantage. A lot of players gnash and rage that the killer can't steamroll the survivors without resistance because they think it's a slasher movie simulator instead of a video game.

F13 is much closer to the slasher movie experience in that Jason can easily wipe out the entire opposing side unless they are markedly more experienced, more coordinated, or more lucky than him. Accordingly, the role of Jason is given out by lottery and you'll only get to play him once out of several games. Playing as a counselor is fun too in theory, but in practice you often get your teammates quitting immediately because they didn't get to be Jason, or a nofunallowed Jason that need to tryhard on top of their advantage because the counselors make a good stand-in for the jocks, preps, cheerleaders, band geeks, and special ed students that beat them up in high school.

F13
>looks nicer
>lots of fanservice for fans of the films
>lots of variety in playing Jason
>decent variety in playing counselors
>only 3 maps
>thin skinned community that can get you banned
>weird optimization issues
>can't rebind controls currently
>smaller community
>devs have no idea what they're doing

DBD
>more "competitive"
>community of assholes on both sides
>devs have no idea what they're doing balance wise
>ugly even though the polygon count is high
>the balance
>the balance
>the community
>the balance
>larger community
>multiple DLCs
>the best killer is DLC

And most of the time there won't be people trying to do objectives in f13 because you're forced to play with sub-human 3rd worlders.
Enjoy being endlessly chased and never getting anything done unless you have 2-3 friends to play with.

Does BT not work after the gates are powered now?

>>the best killer is free DLC

>Killed by Buggzy with a machete that spawned with you.

I'm almost done with this game.

That's what I'm reading anyways. Plus it just happened to me had a basement trapper camper and BT didn't proc so poor dwight got rehooked.
On side note I think this victory cube update is actually decent because now good guy killers have to actually sacrifice and kill to pip.

On that note, their should really be a 8 counculor battle royal, where everyone races to either escape or kill each other. That would be more fun than the current game.

youtube.com/watch?v=p20c3hrbZAQ

Sometimes you want to keep playing instead of having to spectate the AJ hiding in a tent

>tfw Jason was missing for most of the round so you have to take over his job

give me killer tips i can't pip in this new system

>be rocker chick
>hide from jason all match
>never see anything scary, no jason ever, no matter how far, no music, no bodies, didnt hear any windows or doors breaking, spent a lot of time in comfy lit fortified houses
>eventually team starts dying, cant find objectives
>decide to hide on the edge of the map until time runs out since it was under 10 minutes anyway
>near jasons cuckshed, but not in sight, just in a nice spot hidden from certain angles and off the beaten path. it also lets my keep my flashlight on against the rock
>he eventually senses me a few minutes later and shifts right to me

her face wasnt frightened, but he eventually homed in on me as if i was glowing from a far distance away. no music or minimap symbol until he appeared right in front of me so he. my fear should have been as low as it possibly can when alone outside. is this something only jenny can do? or was i snitched on. mason is usually good about keeping her scary face away.

i dont quite understand fear, composure, and rage mode yet. any sort of guide onto fear values and stuff?

I've been using NOED and hard camping anyone I hook post-gates.

Rage mode sense is OP as fuck. What part were you playing against?

dont even know for sure. part 6 probably, a spear seems familiar. this was yesterday

Car?

Once Jason goes into rage , hiding stops being a valid strategy unless they're complete shit

the context is
>traveling with a group, we decide to go to a campsite to think of a battleplan
>Chad decides to troll Adam by shooting him from a bush when he isn't looking
>Tiffany was behind Adam so she got shot too
>Wait for Chad to get close to admire his kill before taking a shotgun and shooting him in the back to avenge them
>Tommy comes back, we chill in tents for a bit
>walk out of the tent and get shot in the back by Tommy
>Jason is still on vacation so Tommy decides to do his job for him
>Ax murdered AJ and hunted the other AJ down to kill her with a stick
>he challenges Jason to a 1 v 1 to prove he's the better killer
>loses

>the sides are more balanced
Oh, you're funny guy
>high-level survivors will use a third-party program to give themselves an advantage
Everyone with friends use discord of something, it has nothing to do high level or rank.
>A lot of players gnash and rage that the killer can't steamroll the survivors without resistance because they think it's a slasher movie simulator instead of a video game
Nice strawman, fag

oh and sorry for play doh graphics but i can't run that shit any higher

>20 minute unedited video of us playing a game
Foxy, no one wants to watch this

>Thin skinned community that can get you banned

Still gotten basically no believable stories or even stories at all really from any of the handful that have wanted to come forward. Don't sperg out and scream niggers while on a stream and you'll be fine, nobody cares otherwise.

So why does jason have 2 different colored eyes for part 3 jason. But he has two blue eyes for part2 jason?

Because theyre being accurate to the actors
Aside from part 2 being a FAR bigger man than in the movie...

>thin skinned community
>everybody and their mother runs epic Thick Skin

>The sides are more balanced
>After getting a new patch literally hours ago that overhauled how killers have to work while survivors got not only a point boost for a handful of actions, but longer hook timers and no overhaul 'yet' either

Seriously, I enjoy both games but fucking lol at implying DbD is any more "balanced" really.

Pardo was like the only enjoyable part of 2 desu

People griped about the difficulty but I never had that much trouble honestly, I already abused the fuck out of far look in the first game so I was ahead of the pack in 2 for it.

Also Evan's levels were novel and a cool enough idea imo.

I 100^'d that shit and I dunno. I have love-hate relationship but I felt like Pardo was the best part. Corey is my waifu tho

This is how it feels to play a killer in Dead by Daylight:
youtube.com/watch?v=GsvvUKgq0ZY

Tell me this isn't true.

Honestly I'd at least be entertained in some dumb way if Busta Rhymes was the one cancering it up every game.

>open dbd
>rated teen, drug references
>there are no drug references

DBD killer: Considered a victory if you kill one person

Jason: Considered retarded if you kill one person

DBD Killer: Chase victims around a jungle gym

Jason: Chase victims around a camp

DBD Killer: Can't actually kill victims, just capture them for spider boss to kill unless you use a mori

Jason: Can actually kill victims like a real slasher character

DBD Killer: The bitch of a magic spider.

Jason: Made the devil his bitch.

DBD Killer: Catching a victim means you have to hit them twice, put them on a hook, and wait like a good puppy while magic spider finishes.

Jason: Catching a victim means they're at your mercy and you can kill them as you like.

DBD Killer: Is hurt by pallets dropping on his/her foot causing them to autistically bungle and lose track of the victim.

Jason: Crashes through walls.

DBD Killer: Hurt by flashlights

Jason: Is helped by flashlights

F13 is the only "slasher" game so far that makes you feel like a slasher when you play it both in lore and in gameplay mechanics.

>DBD killer: Considered a victory if you kill one person
NOT ANY MORE

>Haven't played F13 for a couple weeks
>Get Jason on second game
>Can't catch anyone
>Run into a bunch of councelors
>Vanessa runs off
>Use shift to cut catch and fuck her shit up
>I can't catch her in shift
>She's literally keeping pace or going even faster than my shift
>What the fuck is this stupid shit.
>Later on corner 2 counselors
>One seemingly floats up to the roof
>Don't even bother focusing on that shit as cops have arrived
>Warp to cops
>Tommy is there
>About to escape
>Fuck it I'll just shift grab him
>Get knocked out of shift and stunned without the cops firing

What in the fuck is going on in this game?

Survivor: Communicates through tea bagging

Counselor: Communicates through talking

Survivor: Pallets are their weapons

Counselor: Weapons are their weapons

Survivor: Escape to be raped by magic spider. later on

Counselor: Escape to have sweet sweet sex with AJ later on

Survivor: Winning means you're good at running through a jungle gym pillow fort designed to help you lose larger adults much like a Mcdonald's play area.

Counselor: Winning means you're good at communicating and planning out strategies in a group.

Survivor: Must appease magic spider's fetish for industrial generators to escape

Counselor: Your choice on how you want to escape, risk/reward factor into your choices

Survivor: Your choice of wimpy faggot, strong girl who don't need no man (braids fetish version), strong girl who don't need no man (somehow not obese gamer gurl version), strong girl who don't need no man (punk version), strong girl who don't need no man (negro scientist version), strong girl who don't need no man (guest franchise version), poor little white boy, and three actually interesting characters

Counselor: Several different slasher movie archetypes.

Survivors: Girls look like shit. Even Chad is prettier than them.

Counselors: Girls look hot.

>Part 6 Jason can't find a vanessa out in the middle of the lake where she's been all match
>4 min left
>2 of us have already escaped by cop.

I really wish I could tell Jason where she is without risking a ban..

Which Jason, if it's one of the -Shift ones then yeah, your shift is actually pretty terrible for how slow it moves. I wanna say it's 2 and 7 that have the bad shift.

The roof shit means you chose the wrong platform, cause that's been fixed.

While I prefer F13, DbD has some neat characters, they just don't do anything with them at all unfortunately and you can't really play them differently either like you can say Chad being a huge shit or Adam/Buggzy trying to be a hero.

I was part 3 I didn't pick him I use random

When the hell will WoL release?

I'm glad rank is completely worthless in this game or these changes might actually bad, I especially like now you're REALLY punished for getting a bad map as a killer that doesn't work well in it.

>Still no changes to self care
>Still no changes to borrowed time
>Still no changes to insta blind flashlights
>Still no changes to scummy shit like survivors body blocking

They really like pandering to the stream crowds.

One thing confuses me about the patch notes.

They mention sacrifices but what about abilities? Trapping? Evil Within? Chainsaw sprint? Does any of this matter anymore? Are killers ranking up only based off pips now?

Rather, can killers only rank up now based off hooks and kills?

>They mention sacrifices but what about abilities? Trapping? Evil Within? Chainsaw sprint? Does any of this matter anymore?
They give you BP still, but it doesn't matter toward your pip. Only kills do now.

So bare minimum you have to kill 2 people and hook someone to rank up.

Gonna be a lot of rank 20 killers in the coming weeks.

>Hates female characters
>Likes AJ
Faggot confirmed, opinion discarded

>nurse spams blink through fucking 3 pallets and kills me
is there any way to avoid this shit?

not to mention this whole round was all terrible Jason.
>spawn at the phone cabin, didn't even realize it till I saw the phone on the wall
>go to cabin next door, find fuse
>Jason still hasn't come to the phone cabin
>go to repair fusebox, make a mistake because 2 skill checks were right next to each other and short
>no Jason
>call the cops
>no Jason
>run across the map going into cabins that still haven't been searched yet
>see Jason on the edge of my minimap once he's killed 3/7 and is chasing somneone
>make my way down to flat rock
>get 2 pocket knives and a med spray since the cabins down there hadn't been checked, flare gun, ready to fight my way out
>cops arrive and never even catch a wiff of Jason while I make my escape
>spectate
>he's STILL chasing the same Bugzy, back and forth across the map, Bugzy not even heading for the exit but makes several double back loops away from the exit
>empty hands
>part 6 Jason still can't catch him
>he escapes 4 minutes after I did.
>rest of the match is spent spectating that Vanessa in the lake that he never finds.

I know they say there's no wrong way to play Jason.. but that would definitely be it.

>3 pallets

You deserved to die you fucking scrub.

The new egyptian killer will be fun

He's native tho

nah.

>They really like pandering to the stream crowds

That anyone even tries to ever deny this is hilarious. It's so flagrant with almost every new patch now.

Just when you think the frogs couldn't cuck killers any more...

>shadow buff to BT and self heal
>buffed hook survival
>nerfed moris, one of the only aspects of the game that actually made survivors fear you

I'm just going to play to grief from now on. Facecamping and dancing.

I hope so, a spooky shaman character would be great, a not-egyptian would be okay too but would feel pretty out of place imo when the other killers almost all fit a "Stalking psycho in the abandoned woodsy area" feel. Do we have any idea if there's a new survivor coming with them too?

Really makes me sad for DbD. Take my advice and get out while you can.

>Antlers
>Tomahawks
Yah

Don't keep running straight in a predictible manner? The only way you even have the slightest chance of losing aNurse is baiting blinks and running in unpredictible directions while out of sight.

It's a new chapter, so it will be the complete package of killer+survivor+map

I just don't get why they're doing it, supposedly its to discourage camping but if anything this will encourage it.

If you want rank, hook someone and leave, hook someone else and face camp till they die then do it to someone else, bam, 9 killer goals completed, one pip up.

I don't get it, if you wanted to rank up or even get BP, you had to actually play the game, using your ability, hooking, hitting, chasing, whatever, now ALL that matters for a killer is kills so why bother playing doing to much effort unless you really want more BP, never mind the fact that why would you leave hooked prey when 90% of the community runs borrowed time, its really odd to me, I can't figure what they're going for here.

Could you explain the shadow buffs? Do you mean the point gain?

>antlers
I just see sticks
>tomahawks
just place holder objects

Why do I never hear the boat being started? Not talking about counselors messing up repairs, I'm talking after it's fixed and the engine is started.

My hearing is great and I even turn the tv up when I'm Jason so I'm sure not to miss sound cues. Yet I never hear the boat. I play Jason 7 so catching it isn't the issue if I could just hear the damned thing.

because its such a risky escape, if you get caught it in the water youre dead.
its called balance

who cares

the playerbase is still doing well lmfao

unlike f13's dead as fuck audience

>Putting in another object just hold for another object
nah

hnnnng

>One game beating another game means we should accept dumb balance changes

Shill please.

10k+ average players sounds like it's doing a-fucking-okay

go back and cry in your little corner, backercuck

This is an incredibly retarded argument duder.

>Ecks dee people love eating this shit
>But it's shit
>BUT SO MANY PEOPLE EAT THIS SHIT, SO IT'S GUD

I'd be legitimately curious to see just how fucked up the player numbers in DbD are for people playing primarily survivor and people playing primarily killer, there's no way it's actually a remotely balanced ratio.

Also
>Abloo bloo dis gaem only has a few thousand players, duh sky is fallin

>Has no real argument
>H-heh, I'll just use the epib new buzzword all my friends on fakbook and pole do, that'll show em!

>>>/ribbit/

What does any of what you said have to do with the content of my post...

The changes are dumb and will encourage camping on top of stealth buffs to already overpowered perks, if rank actually meant something I'd probably more upset but still, nothing you do beyond kills matters anymore and that's a stupid change.

And I never backed friday, I got it for free from a friend, played it maybe an hour tops so far.

>f13 backers still trying to make their game look better by shitting on dbd

like pottery

Nigga I have 2,303 hours in dbd.

Shadow buffs are indirect benefits to certain perks/players.

Nerfing Iron grasp was a shadow buff to Decisive Strike, for instance.

When they increased hook time they strengthened hooks for survivors. Survivors can delay rescues much much longer now.

Hook rescues provide invincibility to BT survivors, so they can game better how long they wait to invoke their invincibility. They have a huge window that offers more flexibility for BT use.

Self care is buffed by this too, since killers need kills to win now. Many killers stomped without any kills before, and it's no longer true. Every self heal prevents the killer from even pipping.

Not that anyone wants to ...

So it just doesn't make a noise? That's good to know. I'll just keep a closer eye on my map then instead of waiting for a sound cue.

Speaking of map as Jason does anyone else lose the arrow indicator in the map as Jason? It makes morphing effectively nigh impossible when it just disappears. If there's a way to fix it when it happens or prevent it I'd really like to know.

All they had to do is move the goal post of the killer or change point generation, because it was crazy stupid easy to reach rank 1 of killer, and you'd keep ranking up even if you just wanted to fuck around and was stomped by survivors.

Now it's impossible to rank up against a competent swf group.At least fucking around with rank 20s won't force me to rank up anymore, but now you're limited to one way to play to rank up, and encouraged to play the stongest chasers (Nuse, Billy) to reach your goals. Wraith and Doc become stuck at rank 20 forever unless you play like an asshole, since they're gimmicky and better for point generation hunt than securing 4k.

I honestly thought the changes were pretty harmless IMO

I never really relied on entity progression for sacrifices, usually just the "hook 3 and you're out" playstyle. And I know for sure that I wouldn't have gotten a 2 pip if it wasn't for the new scoring system.

>Decide to actually look at streams for DbD since I've never bothered before
>Le salt ecks dee in the title of the current top viewed stream
>It's some lady in one of the retarded racecar chairs playing Claude, in a black jacket, talking to people, camping the hatch, in a team of all Claudette, 3 of them running BT

lol fuck this horse shit, how do subhumans like this function.

>finally get a round as Jason
>3/7
>no survivors

leavers can really shut down your chances to be Jason can't they

>There's only 3 killers in the top 20 streams right now
>Can see multiple Claudes

2bh survivor is more interesting to spectate simply because "will I survive?" is a more interesting question to make than "will I get 4k or get goofed on?". Watching a competent killer is like watching a janitor livestream them going around doing their daily chores.

The problem is that most survivor streamers are either whiny dcing bitches that antagonize killers, or angrypug copycats.

Yea JenDenise plays like an absolute cunt, she uses the meta cancer build and is just a colossal asshole to any killer player, my favorite of her stream is when she dicked around with this billy all game, when the billy FINALLY got her and was about to Mori she quit.

Devs are also gonna give her, her own in game cosmetic for Claudette, a hat that says Jenpai on it.

The problem is that if survivors are running the meta build its almost guaranteed they'll get out because of how strong those perks are.

What a massive sack of shit, it's disgusting that this is the kind of thing rewarded by the frogs.

I know he's supposed to be the best or the tryhard Jason choice, and he has the best unique executions by far, but I just cannot use Part 8 for some reason. Part 7 I've won like 2 games with and gotten some close as fuck calls and on 2 and 6 I do really well. But Part 8 eludes me for some reason, even though combat stancing doors in like 3 or 2 hits is amazing.

Honestly I think it might actually be the -sense because I rely on sense more than I rely on shiftgrabbing. Having a beat on the counselors matters more to me than being able to shiftgrab.

Whenever I'm on him I just never stop pressuring counselors ever after I set up my traps, usually like 2 for safety on the phone, one on the battery and gas of the 4-seater, then whatever else. I try not to tunnel, but I mean it's just a constant "I'm fucking coming for you" ripping down every door and window they get off to, he forces counselors to be in flight a lot more than other Jasons because hiding in a house gets you less time to recuperate than ever against him, which means more exhaustion and more easy cornering and kills.

Oh that's not the funny part.

The funny part is that cosmetic can be gotten by other people in a charity pack.

Imagine that, paying money just to have a hat with some streamers name on it, here I thought you had to give a reason for people to buy your shit.

But yea, because streamers helped DBD so much then the company panders them to them, hence the constant retarded perks, decisions among other things.

Its a sad state of affairs that the poorly optimized console version is the only that's somewhat balanced right now as it lacks BT.