Can we discuss headunit?

Can we discuss headunit?

I'm wanting a simple no frills type of one that looks good

has anyone heard of the brand response and specifically the model qm3781?

looks like the type of one I want but have no idea about the brand

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dZ0l7dzB0y0&t=119s
amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Control-Included-Xshop/dp/B06XR3ZLJF/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

continental head unit tr7412ub-or

Boom
Pioneer DEH-80PRS

I got a Clarion CX501 cause the interface was super easy to use with an iPod....

Nowadays I just tell my phone what to do, aint got no time to fuck wit buttons in my newer car

Boom
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998

why not keep the oem one...

BOOM
Alpine CDE-HD149BT

I have one. Its good for what it is, but the display on mine has a few dead pixels or whatever.

I don't have it installed right now but i think the other issue i found with it is that shuffle is useless.

mine

>picture the repairer sent me this morning

can't wait.
similar, if not the same as
youtube.com/watch?v=dZ0l7dzB0y0&t=119s

Oh shit you got one of those, how much was it?

bought it 3-4 years ago for $200 (guy didn't know what he had) and it was busted.

sent it off to get repaired. guy said it was stuffed, couldn't get it to power on or anything. sent it another guy, same again. sent it to a guy in the UK, and bam, he gets it powered up and is repairing it atm.

all up, going to cost a bit to get it repaired, but its totally worth it.

what do you guys do with the other din?

just a storage cavity?

I kind of think that look is ugly. any other ideas of what to put in it?

i don't know, i've got to decide on that as well, what are the options? there are blanks and storage space.... gauges is a possibility as well?

Used to put CD Jewel cases in it, pack of smokes, phone but I learned from that

Wow only $250. Fuck outta here

Put a bit of grippy liner on the bottom and stick your phone in there when it's plugged to the headunit

>being this much of a poorfag

your radio makes a huge difference to the appearance of your interior. HUGE. get a good looking one that fits your car, and yes be prepared to spend money to get it right.

wallet. also store the excess from my aux cable

What should I replace my stock NB miata head unit with?

Any of these

>tfw actually like stock head unit but would like something else so I can add a back-up cam
I know a backup cam isn't necessary. Helpful tho.

Philistines

>$1500 head unit
If I'm going to spend that kind of money on a radio why the fuck wouldn't I just get McIntosh?

There are:

cupholders
coin trays
ashtrays
gauge faceplates
air fresheners (seriously)

These all look like shit. Is there a reason other than aesthetics to recommend these?

>oh this looks cool
>google model name
>2000 fucking dollars

This is a variant of the Kienzle MCR 1016BT. It is good but discontinued. The replacement is the MCR 1116BT.

I just have a Pioneer AVH-180DVD. just looks like a screen with some buttons on the side. simple and works great. less than 200 bucks and i can watch DVDs on it if I so choose. Hope this helps

This cheap ass sub $30 unit from Amazon is actually doing quite nicely. It doesn't have the greatest built in amp but for what it is it was a pretty good buy. It has all the multimedia you need, bluetooth, aux, SD card, and USB.
amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Control-Included-Xshop/dp/B06XR3ZLJF/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

getta load of this faggot

is it a cheap stolen design version of that or literally a rebranded version of it with the same insides and specs?

Nice, hopefully gets done quick. Would love to somehow get that model.

I gotthe one from your picture but it is called kienzle or something lol.
The usb doesn't do ipods and such, but the bluetooth is working fine.
I like the way it (almost) fits with 80's aesthetic dashboards

JVC KD-G845

Forgot pic

agree

holy shit that's fucking aesthetic.

>video of old stereo
>it's in a later model BMW
>it's not just period incorrect but it's backwards period incorrect
>mfw some retard had enough money for a 2000 dollar headunit but not an 80's BMW
Oh god just kill me now.

Yes, the 80PRS has a 24bit DAC
The Kenwood has Bluetooth, 2 USB, aux and HD Radio
The Alpine is just a damn good unit with everything the Kenwood has and IIRC it has a DAC as well

Anybody have any knowledge about this thing?

2/
The open button pushed this screen out

holy fuck that's A E S T H E T I C

these were some of the options screens
they had the same vibe

>aesthetics
I always wondered why do all aftermarket headunits look like glossy shiny christmas trees?

Eclipse by Fujitsu Ten head units used to be held in the same high regard Alpine are, that first picture even shows it's got a Digital Sound Processor built in to the unit, and that unit looks like it's from the early 00s and not many other units had a DSP built in

postin meme unit

Thank you for the info!
I had a feeling it used to be good when it was new, so thanks for confirming.
It stayed in the 96 Suburban I sold right after I took those pics

You should have ripped it out, probably would have fetched a pretty penny for it

I thought about it, and the guy I sold it to even said he was probably going to replace it with something new, but I didn't
Between two car audio non-enthusiasts, it didn't mean anything and didn't add any value to us, and I sold the car for 1700

I have that exact same model in your picture. Here in Australia the brand is Response. The only place I've found it at is a store called Jay Car, and according to the website this headunit is no longer being produced so whatever they have left at their stores is all that's left.

>not being able to fix it yourself

I really like my stereo that came with the car. I soldered an aux cord to the tapedeck and it works great, sound quality is really good. I run it with 2 jbl speakers and a pioneer underseat subwoofer and it can deliver enough juice for my needs. Plus it's looking lovely in my car with green lights.

Half of you niggers on here holding on to your OEM tape deck from your 28 year old shitboxes are just doing it to be fucking hipsters, that's fucking reddit-tier

For shame on you faggots

You lucky son of a bitch

I'm pretty sure it's a rebranded unit. Kienzle is part of a brand that makes head units for OEM applications. Jaycar is the brand in Australia, they probably got a run of units with slightly different colors and lights along with English translation. The Kienzle head units are partially German.

I would sure as hell hope that it has a 24 bit DAC considering that literally everything audio with Bluetooth needs a 24 bit DAC to output audio without a bunch of misc bullshit to downsample audio.

What I want to know is whether the amplifier is any good. Details like THD+N, frequency response curves, output voltage, how many stages, RMS power output, quality of the radio receiver, etc.

Also, a built in DSP these days is worth jack shit. That's a five cent part and honestly I don't want my head unit to do anything to my audio other than play it back as cleanly as possible without any distortion.

Maybe I'm jaded but I've been studying electrical and computer engineering for years now and words like 24 bit DAC are meaningless to me now.

Then why haven't you done the research yourself Mr Engineer? The 80PRS is their best single DIN unit in the $250-$300 price range, it has front rear and sub outputs all three are 4V, their THD is low, and I mean low but that can be said for all three
I would personally pick either the Kenwood or the Alpine because they both have Bluetooth and an HD Radio tuner
All three have 4V preouts for front rear and sub
Kenwood has either a 12 or 13 band eq and dual USB (one front and back)
Alpine has a 9 band EQ but only one USB on the back

I have. I can't find a single review where someone tests this shit, probably because it's expensive as shit to do it right. I've seen the equipment needed and it's easily a 20k investment.

Have you checked car audio specific publications? They usually perform the testing

t. busriding enthusiast

I've posted this before, but you might be able to get away with just an equalizer with an aux input

Confirmed for hipster faggot, don't you have a flea market to go to to get some obscure cassette tape?

>$1500.00

lmao who the fuck

this is fucking beautiful user
what's it going into??

I'd love something like this for my AW11....

Can't find shit. Kienzle, Continental, and VDO are said to be good though.