Do you trust your shitbox Veeky Forums?

Do you trust your shitbox Veeky Forums?

It has never broke down on me so yes. took it on several road trips too.

i apologize if this is wildly retarded, but is that a nissan 300?

Yeah I trust my Celica I've had it for years , never has it let me down. Scotty has had his for over 20 years too

Yes.

Scotty is also mentally ill. He was literally waving around a loaded handgun with the hammer cocked and his finger on the trigger for the entire video.

no both of my shitboxes aren't running well

jesus christ how many airborne stickers does this guy have?

Yes, because I've dumped many more times what it's really worth into it.

He was probably in the Army for like two years but can't stop reminding people about it. I bet his family hates him.

No. I really don't trust it to go anywhere right now. I still drive it, sure, but I expect it to quit at any moment. The original EJ255 in the LGT let me down after racing downstate taking the back roads. Don't know when it started knocking on my way downstate, but I had to push it the last 20 feet to get it into my Ma's driveway.

>Purchased JDM EJ20
>Unknown history, claimed is 65k kilometers
>Timing components and belt were at the end of their life
>The one idler bearing had grease all over the place
>Exhaust cam was 1 tooth away from bending rods
>Replaced timing components, water pump
>Adjusted timing, fixed the issue
>Throw out bearing felt good, previous owner must've installed a clutch kit as it's definitely not original
>Installed engine anyways, runs fine
>Now that's it cold out the throw out bearing makes noise at startup for a split second
>Now that it's cold out it won't get up to operating temp
>Replaced thermostat, started to heat up quickly
>110.. 120.. 130.. 140.. 145f
>Probably should buy a new thermostat, again, as I'm not nearing 170f and it's throwing a check engine light at me
>Slapped cardboard in front of the radiator for a temp. fix to drive it at operating temp
>Knock sensor goes crazy under boost
>Just burned all the old gas up, still knocking under boost
>Still don't trust this engine swap 250 miles later
>Exhaust is leaking at the up pipe to turbo or the down pipe flange cracked, not sure which
>Builds boost fine, probably down pipe
>Don't feel like fixing it but I have to, it's only getting colder outside anyways
>Dumps exhaust into the cabin if I'm sitting still

Originally intended to rebuild the original block, but then I remembered how much I hate driving my other shitbox. Doesn't help my other shitbox 4l60e slips 2-3, pretty sure it's burning coolant, and rust may end its life here real soon. Then there's the gu6 clunking in the rear. Thought it was the ujoints causing the clunking and vibrations, but I was wrong.

Yes. I trust my z32 also because I keep it maintained.

I have to check if my nigger rigged radiator fan shroud came loose every week or so. Other than that, probably a little too much.

>Trusting a Z32

Not TT is it?

>Slapped cardboard in front of the radiator for a temp. fix to drive it at operating temp
What the fuck user.

Pics of your craftsmanship?

considering the sum total of what ive put in it since owning (2013) has been
>plugs and wires
>front and back breaks
>2 belts and a radiator hose
yeah, no breakdowns, and once even i had it lose an alternator belt on a 3 day camping trip (got a battery light day 1, didn't get a battery light til day 3 again) camping spot was up a shitty crawling for 20 minutes road too, because of the season

his son's in the airborne iirc

To do what?

Which video?

i dont but most people do and you see them taking turns at 100km/h in a Fiesta

they are not aware that some gravel spill will send them to meet God

also they ignore the fact shitboxes have big inertia unlike touring cars

Iirc it was something about fixing your gun with a car.

R31 Skylines are unbreakable, I trust it more than I trust myself.

My shitbox is literally trying to gas me with its leaky exhaust. I need to get it fixed soon...

>Z32

i would trust that less than my junkie cousin who stole my parent's ipod when they came over for christmas 10 years ago

For the most part, sure. But we're on break #2 since coming to the states, though this time is just a hole in one of the rubber boots for the intercooler
>tfw NA RB26

To an extent, I just took my shitbox on an 800 mile road trip in October and it didn't skip a beat

>Not TT is it?
I have both. They aren't very different.

had it for years, been through a headgsket, leaks 1L of oil from the cam seals a week from a botched engine rebuild, drove it to the USA a couple times, taken it drifting many times, been pulled over a good dozen times in it, god knows what else. to say i trust it is the least

I think my car's clutch is slipping but it goes away as soon as the car heats up and the clutch was apparently replaced around 20,000 miles ago
also the engine light is on, apparently its been of for 12 months.
Bought it 3 weeks ago

I don't trust it at all

>son is in the Airborne

Then why the fuck is he toting stickers for it lol, you don't do that.

oh boy i'd love to see scotty kilmer get his neck spun by some ripped veteran dude for stolen valor

Is that a Cedric? Damn she is nice.