Truckerfag Thread - /TFG/

>Anons, Tripfags And Busriders All Come Together Edition

Brevious Bread: >44 tonnes of constitutionally protected American freedom granting firearms
>34 euro """""truck""""" tires worn out from driving over ancient, old cobblestone roads
>Sign that lease and I'll fyte u fagot
>CDL How Do? Private Driving School, Community College, or get one from a CrackerJacks box
>Swift: Best Backing Up On The Freeway At Rush Hour To Get To A Missed Offramp
>Something about black people
>Supertruckers do it in flattop Peterbilts

>Truckerfag buys tawny brown Kenworth T2000 with no chrome
>EF has changed trips so many times even he isn't sure who he is any more
>Pepsi taking his 245th "Me Day" this year
>Oilfag is finally able to afford premium,artisinal, hand crafted memes
>Primely got into the airbrake antifreeze again
>Primefag last seen shitposting his way through a blizzard going into Dead Mans Curve
>Gundam may be range banned again
>Balam will never be forgotten in the OP again, until the next time
>GrainGuy is somewhere getting cornholed by the local constabulary over a missing tail light
>Whiney slowly getting the oilfield fever
>Doubles has the best of both worlds, makes good money and has home time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sVsCYH4UVoU
thoughtsandprayersthegame.com
wlwt.com/article/person-shoots-self-at-kentucky-truck-stop/13443080
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for rollerdogs

Keks. Not range banned, just don’t mess with my phone much on weekends. Came back here today and saw a mountain of shitposts and decided to avoid it for another minute.

>got quarterly bonus this week
>time to get some work done on the Jetta

bigger tarbo wen

Have you considered just buying a GOOD car? Or maybe something with more than 100HP.

What would be the best tractor for a daily driver?
i don't really need more than a 13 speed because he most i would ever haul is a recreation RV trailer
maybe a KW T600?

The hood latches on the t880 need to be recalled more than 5 times now im driving and the hood flips open didnt even bother to stop for a couple miles last time

DAFworth T880 with MX13 and Allison TC10 autobox.

Where is the best truckstop gloryhole?

Wherever there is a hole and a willing mouth behind it.

Contrary to popular belief, I still have paid days off left. I didn't take any real vaca time this year so I take a random day once a month when I want to sleep instead of work.

#2 has been keepin me up too late and I keep getting colds n shit.

>377 headlight conversions
Absolutely disgusting. Just leave the 377 the way it is, it's fine.

post more i like spictresses

How much was the bonus, and what are you planning to do to Das Auto?

Kenworth C500 with an 18 speed Roadranger, Cummins ISX-15 @ 550 hp and a Tulsa RN130 65 tonne main winch on the back with an RN60 30 tonne secondary.

Kek, I never even noticed that. Lord, why? Looks like ass compared to the original setup.

Bitches, man, bitches.

KW T880 daycab... build a custom pickup bed around the fifth wheel so you can toss a couple fishin rods in there.

Ehh I don't want to do too much. And she won't send anything too crazy, she's like "no you have to come here and see it yourself!"

Anyway according to shitpost user she either doesn't exist or she's a fat Mexican.

Idk man, it's worth it not having to use my hand anymore.

All petes with those stupid headlights look like ass.

>Have you considered just buying a GOOD car?
Have you forgotten you’re on Veeky Forums?
Autocar with 4 axles and a 4-speed auxiliary transmission capable of breaking your arm with the shift lever when you fuck up the shift
Only $900 and some change, think I did something to screw myself out of one of the smaller bonuses - the quarterly bonus is technically 3 bonuses, or 4 if you’ve had 4 consecutive quarters that you qualified for the safety bonus, as I have. Only plan currently is to replace the timing belt and find and fix the oil leak. Gonna have the VW dealer poke around and give me a list of to-do’s as well. If I have money left I’ll get the paint on the rear quarter panel finished, and sticker bomb the unfinished paint on the driver’s door for giggles. Might get a WAT sticker.
>not using a tenga egg

>tfw took the last spot at the Petro at 0100

A cold isn't all you'll catch

Before commencing this knowledge assessment, please ensure that you read the
questions carefully. If you are unsure of the wording or any of the questions please
ask the trainer supervising the assessment for clarification.

1. List 4 checks that have to be completed before coupling up a prime mover to a trailer.
1………………………………………………………………
2………………………………………………………………
3……………………………………………………………….
4……………………………………………………………….

2. How many tug tests should be done when coupling a prime mover to a trailer before
moving off?
A………………………………………………………………..

3. List 3 things to look for when doing a visual check.
1……………………………………………………………….
2……………………………………………………………… .
3……………………………………………………………….

4. After connecting the air leads, you turn the connections a 1/4 of a turn.
True/False.

5. If chocks are required which axle should be chocked on the trailer?
A.…………………………………………………………..

6. If fitted, air bags are to be dumped after disconnecting and before fully clearing trailer.
True/False.

>tfw have to train driver who has his Multi Combination licence with Road Ranger endorsement but has only ever driving straight trucks with auto's

The cunt was trying to shift it like it was a syncromesh box.
We have to go up and down 3 10% grades tomorrow while loaded at 42.5 tonnes.

How the fuck do people get good at blindsiding? I can't do it to save my life, like I can't do it so hard that I don't even know how to try, but I've seen guys nail it, they back blindside better than I do sightside. How is it something you can even practice?

RIP gear teeth.

Those sound like sensible, reasonable repairs to your car. I can't help but notice that none of them read "carbon fibre touring wing and widebody kit" though.

It's definitely worth it to not have to exclusively rely on one's hand.

Are you supposed to be good at blindside? From what I understand you should not be attempting them. I mean I did a blind today at this coil plant But it was a big dock and an open field. I don't think ur srsly supposed to attempt them user

I'm reefer, we actually have to know how to back, I know you flatbed guys don't have to worry about that sort of thing.

Personally I prefer the bigger, single lens setup from the 378s like the one I used to drive, pictured here.

That's actually true I won't refute that so ur telling me u have to blindside at shipper's??

It's only a problem in shitholes like Laredo which is just an atrocity. It's my first time being back in this "city" after I left my last job, which was dedicated from Laredo to Chicago, and I quit because it was dedicated from fucking Laredo to fucking Chicago. Sometimes you get places like this where you might have to blindside off the street through a gate and in between two other trucks, which is what the guy in line in front of me did although I don't know how. I'm hoping I get one of the easy spots or I'm fucked.

>SUPER CASH
I agree.

Hm I see. Looks like once you blind through the gate you pretty much have a straight back or offset in most of those spots. Thing that gets me is how do you know ahead of time you need to blind side from the street I would have pulled straight in and been in trouble.

Pic related is what a flatbed blind looks like kek. Its mainly about dodging all the trash and metal and being able to off road without getting stuck. I had to go way in that grass to get set up

Practice mang. Just pay attention to the trailer wheels and the very rear of the trailer. I think 90% of the time I have to back into places, it's blindside. Nornally tight parking lots off a busy divided street so I have to pull the truck across the 2 or 3 lanes and just watch those trailer wheels and roll them around whatever curb so I know the drivers side I can't see isn't about to hit anything.

I think I'm good, I have been givin her all of her "firsts". 3rd date, I was the first guy to get her shirt off.

Yee buddy

Hey is this gunna stay lol

Yes, right up until the moment it doesn't.

Personally I'd do another strap across the body.

Its only 2,500lbs but its weird and also wants to roll to one side bc one side is heavier. But ya I see a 4th strap potentially going on there.

If thats the case, do your fourth strap as a belly wrap if you can to stabilize it.

Not a bad idea. Probably a better idea but I just threw another strap on em. Its faster and these things are light. They also did a good job with the dunnage its really nestled in there.

U think a belly would pull tight around something that round and large? Never tried a boy on something this shape but I've tried bellies on other loads and sometimes its just a formality for DOT it doesn't pull tight enough one end is tight but the other end is loose and worthless. All the tension got sucked into the object itself.

Never tried a belly*

Don’t try to blindside unless it’s literally the only option, and if you do, get out and look plenty. I’m not good at it but I can do it. It gets easier with experience in backing in general.
I personally don’t like rear wings on many cars, and a Jetta is one of them. It just looks out of place. I wouldn’t put on a body kit either because I think they look gauche but I might drop it a bit, and I’d consider fender flares if I put on wider tires to necessitate them…

>broker load
>pickup window 0800-1500
>ETA 1600
TUNE IN NEXT TIME… ON TRUCKER FAG G!

Guys belly wrap big ass loads of casing that are fairly tall and round all the time, so I don't see why not. With pipe they run two belly wraps starting on opposite sides to stabilize it. Its all a matter of adjusting the strap before tightening them down so they pull down on both sides.

Here's an example:
youtu.be/sVsCYH4UVoU

Zoz, I was just playing to the stereotypes. I don't mind factory looking spoilers on some cars, but I find big touring wings rarely look good. sand with bodykits. Sometimes less is more.

Post a photo of Jetter when you get a chance.

Yeah it’s hard to make body kits and wings look good. I like how low-key the Jetta looks. Mine has all the bells and whistles, even the chrome side molding strips but surprisingly no trunk lid spoiler. I’m not gonna add even a low profile one, I like it sans spoiler. Not adding a roof rack either because I’m not some tool dudebro stancefaggot.

>obese pajama clad boomers forming impromptu barricades in the aisles of every gas station
>black guys walking down the exact middle of the parking lot carrying their two foot long subs to the truck
>mestizos spending their thirty minute break in the fuel island washing their entire truck with the window squeegee
>crotchety dinosaurs who only stop smoking for as long as it takes you yell at you for taking more than 1 second to do literally anything
>that guy who saves time by bathing in the public bathroom sink instead of showering
I hope other millennial truckers are as disgusted by the current state of otr as i am, then maybe in a decade this will be a much more pleasant job once all the fucking eyesores die off from cancer and diabetes, or cancabetes.

I mean I’m with you, but OTR ain’t changing. It attracts those types of people. We are the minority in this gig.

Good luck. The dudes who are

Git gud and beat the strap around the load with your winch bar. It's just friction holding the strap, so any oscillation shifts the tension back towards the winch.

Or you can ascend and put a winch on both sides of the strap. In a pinch you can use a chain end strap and hook a binder to it and a pull out anchor or J plate.

It's only become worse in the last 10 years as the dinosaurs die out. They used to keep the boomers in line since they don't function without an authority figure, but the few that are left are overwhelmed by immigrants and dindus that train the handful of millennials to be just like their nasty sweatpant and flipflop wearing selves.

I'm in my 7th day of OTR training and I have seen every one of these stereotypes.

Saw two dindus pull into the receiver while we were waiting to get unloaded. Two cops pull up about 10 minutes after them and starts examining their trailer. Dude gets pissy and starts waving his hands around in exaggerated motions. Cops paying no mind just looking at trailer. Ends up writing them a ticket for hit and run.

And what's hilarious is these guys were asking if they could just drop the trailer off and go 'grab some lunch' the instant they got there. My guess is they were trying to get the hell out of dodge.

Oh and fuck night driving. Despite it being less traffic I am the only mother fucker that goes the speed limit. Drove 615 miles from OH to GA through the night to make an appointment we didn't even have. Thankfully they took it because dindus were busy.

thoughtsandprayersthegame.com

It's just like being a real American

Ascend kek. I want to ascend.

First option I will try next time how do I do the second? Just cut the hook off the other side and crimp the nylon with fire? That would def solve the problem except you'll have a maimed strap I guess

Keks, you nub. There are straps that have a triangle and chain links or something similar on the end rather than the usual hook, so that you can secure them with a binder rather than hooking to the trailer. Even I know that, and I noped out of Roehl real fuckin’ quick.

Oh I thought he was talking about a separate thing. I have seen those. Btw I'm gunna crimp ur mouth with fire the next time u come at me with that tone

bih ill fite u irl

its weird that tfag really wants you to beat your strap a bunch, right?

Look at this undescended failure

Unascended*

Get the kind with the 20"+ chain end. They're easier to fish around boxes and spools, and when the strap is fucked you just cut it off and you've you've got a free cheat chain.

>Claims ascendency
>Didn't even do a belly wrap to begin with

ColePhelpsDoubt.Jpg

What year is it?

And then I did have to blindside. And a proper ninety degree back too. Fortunately, it wasn't in between anything, my right side was empty but I had a trailer on the left. Think it would actually be easier the other way. Still took like 5 minutes and 3 goals. Shit sucks.

It is
>currentyear

Isn't it used?

Isn't Freightliner the best truck brand? Asking for a friend.

old petes a best

@bepis
jenkins bbq was great, thanks for the tip

No. It's garbage.

Of course, it wouldn't be the best selling truck if it wasn't good

Keks I was just goofing off. It’s a 2004 TDI. Power output is pitiful so I’m considering a bigger turbo + gate and possibly larger injector nozzles down the line. That turbo kit I found is a hair over $1k though so it’ll be a minute.
No, White is.

>truckdog so butt blasted from being kicked out of here he made his own thread
lmao
>

Already deleted?

Get your shit together, for fucks sake.

What proof do you have that Truckdog is involved with any of that?

>>

It's just two arrows you nigger.

WHY CANT I CROSS LINK ITS A TRIPLE GREATER THAN SIGN ISNT IT? What else do I have to add? Its still Veeky Forums

I tgought it was triple for cross thread. Doubke for same thread. Single for green text

Lemme just link that for you: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>18163804

>tfw back on regular dallas dedicated, no more hot load going north

kek

Triple for crossboard nigger, double for any post within the board.

What's all this shitposting.
I haven't even been here to incite anything.

>tfw primely is too disabled to crosspost

>tfw I made user think the shitposting is product of his machinations

I still hate all of you...

>RIP gear teeth.
I survived today and the teeth are well and truly brushed, but he did alright with a bit of memory refreshing on how to shift a crash box.
Only had to help him shift on one part where it goes into a 16% grade for about 200 meters.

>be american trucker
>get shot
>be american trucker
>shoot another driver
>be american trucker
>shoot thyself
wlwt.com/article/person-shoots-self-at-kentucky-truck-stop/13443080

To think a thread like this doesn't get immediately deleted
The absolute state of Veeky Forums
It should literally be merged with /soc/

2018 is gonna be a good year. I don't even want to be an owner op but I'm tempted to buy one some boomer's "going out of business sale" truck for dirt cheap.

good goy

Explain to company cucks.

Can't you just retrofit trucks?

A huge shortage of drivers and trucks because of the electronic log mandate.

I thought the chart was awfully self explanatory.

Wew lads. Time to add some more weight to my tare.

Plenty of fleets saying the $2500/truck per year is going to drive them under.

How the fuck does a one-time electronic device installation cost $2500 a year? Have Americans fucked themselves over again by outsourcing things to private companies?

>nanny cellular connection and service subscription fees
That’s how.

because it's not a one time installation fee, that's how. afaik, there's only one eld on the market with no service fee, and it's shit.

Update to >A Bridgeport man was killed after his pickup struck a tractor trailer on U.S. 81/287 at Ramhorn Hill Road Friday morning south of Rhome. Brian Eustace, 33, was pronounced dead at the scene by Jan Morrow, Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1. Eustace was southbound on U.S. 81/287 when his 2010 Ford F-150 struck a tractor trailer crossing over the highway to go northbound near the rear axle around 5:30 a.m., according to Department of Public Safety Trooper Chesley Womack. “Upon impact, [the pickup] was fully engulfed in flames. [The driver] was not able to get out of the vehicle,”

Damn so what happened? Was there a stoplight or was the flatbedder making a left turn onto a highway? Did the Ferd blow a stop sign or light or he was just cruising straight at some speed while flatbed was dragging ass?

Is that really the fee for Qualcomm service? I bed they had some lobbyists workin hard to get those laws enacted.

We use Geotab on our iPhones but the trucks all have a lil box in em too. No idea what that costs em.

This isn't my first time up Snoqualmie I've done all the major interstate passes and this is my 3rd winter

>Get preplanned to Seattle WA 3200 dollars 4 days
>Hoof it across the country 600+ miles every day
>total 1860mi in 3 days and 2390 in 4
>take all sorts of cool pictures and shit
>drove through Montana fucking 4 degrees
>had to pee, pulled over and couldn't feel my dick because my hands were frozen
>easy day today though
>should be rain on Snoqualmie
>less than 200mi away
>probably taking tomorrow off from freight since my day will be shot with the two stops both live unload

It's been fun, got to watch a Z06 Vette lose his ass around a corner on black ice and destroy two of his tires, poor kid was a Green Beret following his friend in the mountains trying to show off, it will live to ride another day

This is my first time up here out west with my new Nikon SLR setup, F100 and Df, definitely very comfy, will see you on the other side br/o/s

Practice. Lots of it. When I stop in a truck stop to shit or shower or whatever in the middle of the day and it's empty I'll blindside into a spot, I've gotten proficient at it enough to where I can do it without a GOAL and using mirrors only.

I blindisded into a spot here at the Petro in Spokane out of sheer convenience and nailed it first time. I rarely have to do it in a shipper or receiver but it's a skill that is like a gun or a condom, it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

You're in a skateboard it's completely different, you can see the other side of your trailer, which is pathetic because most of you guys can't back for shit.

Love the West. You don't see any of those people out here or above I-40 because most are too chicken shit to drive in the ice and snow and you can't wear flip flops and gym shorts or Adidas track pants when it's -5 out and snowing with 40mph winds.

I watched a dindu dump 3 piss bottles and a piss jug out the window of his Volvo in the first spot at a Petro in Memphis and yelled at him for it, fucking scumbags. People don't care but neither do I so I usually will say something about it when I see idiots doing that shit. OTR is a shit show but if you have a set of testicles you can run where those people don't exist.

Not if there's stuff on the skateboard dum dum

You still have better visibility than a reefer unless you drive a conestoga dumb ass, git gud and quit making excuses for sucking

Some of you are alright. Don't go to Springfield tomorrow.